(Topic ID: 54093)

Official TRON lovefest thread, I love it more than Lightning Kitty.

By centerflank

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9,273 posts
  • 469 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by insx
  • Topic is favorited by 142 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is TRON super awesome or are you a hater?”

• TRON is unreal, centerflank is supersmart. 396 votes
    71%
  • TRON blows, voters for this option have a small dingy :( 102 votes
    18%
  • Never played TRON, but if Centerflank likes it, it must be fun!!!! 59 votes
    11%

(557 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,255 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

C3274E82-5928-4425-80FC-82E5869342BA (resized).png
IMG_2493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2438 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5562 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5564 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5557 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5554 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5548 (resized).jpeg
A60145C3-9132-4708-AE36-D7570E45B8CA (resized).jpeg
20190801_215929 (resized).jpg
IMG_2437 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2436 (resized).jpeg
TRON Wall.jpg

There are 9273 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 186.
#3801 4 years ago

I am officially retiring myself from pinside today. I will still corespond by PM, just no more posting so if you need to get a hold of me please PM me. Thanks.

#3802 4 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I am officially retiring myself from pinside today. I will still corespond by PM, just no more posting so if you need to get a hold of me please PM me. Thanks.

This kind of post always strikes me as odd. Good for you?

And on topic... I want my Tron back online! I think another night at home should get it back together. I already know she's going to be a lot faster cleaned up and waxed. Amazing how I can miss the game that I'm working on.

#3803 4 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

I have the Eli Ramp mod, isnt' there a way to hook up the Recognizer into that to make it flash. Does anyone out there have a Recognizer that does more than shine 24/7? Here is what I want it to do. » YouTube video

I just got a pro and made my own with a six cell LED block, I just soldered it on with the 44 flasher on the recognizer insert.

#3805 4 years ago

bleep be whack `round these here parts lately. hang in thar amigo

#3806 4 years ago

No no no dude. Just drain all threads but this one.

#3807 4 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

No no no dude. Just drain all threads but this one.

Yep, well, the Luci rerun thread too!

I really want them to run Luci again so I can glue on quorra heads on all the artwork,

#3808 4 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

I just got a pro and made my own with a six cell LED block, I just soldered it on with the 44 flasher on the recognizer insert.

When does doing that make it flash? Like when the video I posted flashes? Does it come on and stay on during the mode? and go off after the ball drains?

#3809 4 years ago

Mine is only on when the recognizer moves. If you want that and assuming you have a pro seems like you could do something similar by checking the state of the target bank or recognizer insert

Honestly if I hadn't already bought the mod I'd just as soon do it like kidchrisso's though. The LED strips seem perfect for this.

#3810 4 years ago

Mmmmmmm. Brand new waxy Tron balls...

image.jpg

#3811 4 years ago

When does doing that make it flash? Like when the video I posted flashes? Does it come on and stay on during the mode? and go off after the ball drains?

Yes, it does flash on and off, on the pro there are 2 bulbs under the recognizer insert, not sure on the LE.

#3812 4 years ago

Let the record show DaveH slathers his balls with a heavy layer of wax!

#3813 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Mmmmmmm. Brand new waxy Tron balls...
image.jpg

I like to tumble all my balls now, nothing better than extra ooh shiny balls.

#3814 4 years ago

Slick and fast. The way Dave likes it.

The problem for me is, I'm already a two pump chump for half of my games on Tron.

#3816 4 years ago

Right back where she belongs. Now I have to admit, I pussed out. I freaked out when I went to drill the ramps, so the ramp lights aren't in yet. I'm going to farm that out to a tech who does amazing work to make sure it isn't a hack job (kick me out of the club if you have to, but I wanted to make sure they look good).

But oh my goodness, it's fast now. It feels like a brand new game. Nice and bright with the new lights, and everything is flying. Time to put some games on it!

image.jpg

#3817 4 years ago

It's not bad Dave, just grab a sharp drill bit and have at it, it's pretty tough to mess it up. Just have some shrink tubing to cover the fiber under the pf

#3818 4 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Here is a quick video.
» YouTube video

So it blinks in attract mode. What does it do during game play?

#3819 4 years ago

Every aspect of gameplay is explained in the colors of the ramp lights. For the most part 80% of the LE colors/effects are the same but 20% are new or different.

Every mode lites the ramps the color of their insert when started.
Quorra spins lite the ramps green ZUSE spins lite the ramps WHITE for a time.
Recognizer hits flash the ramp RED.
DISC BATTLE lights the ramps a deep blue.
Light cycle battles have 1 ramp lit BLUE and the other ramp lit YELLOW to mimic the LS battle
EXTRA ball has a different color, kind of orangish yellow.
DOUBLE scoring has purple pulsing ramp effects
SOS follows the insert colors as you progress
End of ball fires the ramps in the color of the progress ladder inserts along with the music.
FLYNN is a new effect that lights a magenta color and extinguishes when you FIND FLYNN
PORTAL also has a new pulsating effect during this mode.
18 second end of game RAMP lighting effect
ATTRACT mode has a cycling of the colors

These are off the top of head, there are more, but its been a while since I did the beta testing. I can confirm effects if you have specific questions.

This was the thread that started it all....
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wthack-tron-pro-near-98501

#3820 4 years ago

Is there a 'complete' comparison matrix between the LE and PRO versions that someone has put together?

#3821 4 years ago

image.jpg

#3822 4 years ago

I need two!

#3823 4 years ago

What are they??

#3824 4 years ago

Gloryhole templates

#3825 4 years ago

They are awfully small.

#3826 4 years ago

Had it all together, tore it back apart. Step 1, make sure they work...

image.jpg

Check

#3827 4 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Gloryhole templates

Is that a Men's room wall? Looks like it would get crowded?!?

#3828 4 years ago

Is that a Men's room wall? Looks like it would get crowded?!?

Its fine, typical thursday night around here.

#3829 4 years ago

Alright, Im going to do $12.00per + actual shipping charge. I have 5 sold (I think) so pm me with your address unless you have contacted me already and paypal gift is my preferred payment method.

I know you guys think you can draw out your own glory hole's but its not an official TRON GH if you don't use these.

Thanks!

#3830 4 years ago

This will be super handy to keep in the wallet for those airport layovers. PM sent!

#3831 4 years ago

Same, blinks when the 44 bulb blinks that I have it tied into.....gosh

#3832 4 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Alright, Im going to do $12.00per + actual shipping charge. I have 5 sold (I think) so pm me with your address unless you have contacted me already and paypal gift is my preferred payment method.
I know you guys think you can draw out your own glory hole's but its not an official TRON GH if you don't use these.
Thanks!

PM sent!

#3833 4 years ago

I believe I have 9 of the 10 spoken for, who wants the last one? Pm with full shipping addy. I'll get them packaged up this weekend and get back with total due, shipping Monday if you've paid by then.

#3834 4 years ago

All sold out. Should I order more or you guys want to take care of that, I'm addicted to changing my games over to the clear/translucent rubbers!

#3835 4 years ago

Thanks a TrON!

#3836 4 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Same, blinks when the 44 bulb blinks that I have it tied into.....gosh

Sorry Man, I guess I can see how my comment sounded douchy. I didn't mean anything by it. Just was asking. I am excited to get this Recognizer kicking ass and trying to collect as much info as possible!

#3837 4 years ago

...comment sounded douchy.

did someone call me

edot-row-1.jpg

#3838 4 years ago

where is this being placed ?

#3839 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

where is this being placed ?

Its the clear rubber disc replacement for the subpar black disc pad that comes stock on all TRON's

It grips the ball like a white knuckler and adds a ton of excitement to your pin

#3840 4 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Its the clear rubber disc replacement for the subpar black disc pad that comes stock on all TRON's
It grips the ball like a white knuckler and adds a ton of excitement to your pin

Cool, I'll take one if you do another run, my LE came from Odin, I'm sure he put one on it, but I'm thinking it may have lost some grip recently

#3841 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Cool, I'll take one if you do another run, my LE came from Odin, I'm sure he put one on it, but I'm thinking it may have lost some grip recently

The light shines through nicely if you have the clear disc. Best benefit is you don't get black marks all over your PF.

If it was O-dins I'm guessing it doesn't have it, he is too busy fixing the screen doors on his house.

I'll order another ten discs from the Germans, maybe I'll get a few blue ones too this time.

#3842 4 years ago

I'd really appreciate a step by step guide to replacing the black disc with the clear. What glues do i need, tools, etc.

Got 2 clear discs sitting here ready to go on - and lots of black marks from the old disc making things worse!

#3843 4 years ago

I am in for 1 or 2 clear discs if you get another order in.

Thanks
Ed

#3844 4 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

The light shines through nicely if you have the clear disc. Best benefit is you don't get black marks all over your PF.
If it was O-dins I'm guessing it doesn't have it, he is too busy fixing the screen doors on his house.
I'll order another ten discs from the Germans, maybe I'll get a few blue ones too this time.

Lol, Odins a great guy, he warmed my baby TRON up for me until it was my turn

Yes sir, if blue is an option, I'm in, might as well do 2 blue ones.

I do have a clear ring

Oh yes... By the way, if you google "TRON glory hole" there are some quite interesting references out there, ROFL

#3845 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Oh yes... By the way, if you google "TRON glory hole" there are some quite interesting references out there, ROFL

Wasn't surprised to find labnip as one of the top images.

Unknown.jpeg

#3846 4 years ago

Sounds like a few more people want the discs so Im going to order 10 clear and 5 blue.

I can do 1 disc for $13 shipped and 2 discs for $25. Blue and clear are the same price.

Any other requests for their transparent rubber rings?

***EDIT- I should add if you are not in the lower 48 US the shipping would be a little more than $1***

#3847 4 years ago

I'm in for a clear disc and a blue I just got a Tron yesterday

image.jpg

image_1.jpg

image_2.jpg

#3848 4 years ago

10 discs shipping out tomorrow!

TRON it up!

IMG_0617.jpg

#3849 4 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

I'd really appreciate a step by step guide to replacing the black disc with the clear. What glues do i need, tools, etc.

*If this doesn't sound right to anyone please correct me, its been awhile since I removed my motor*

Main thing you will need are some nut drivers

Unknown.jpeg

1) You will want to remove the entire disc motor assembly from the bottom of the PF, there are a couple flasher sockets in the way, just loosen the screws so you can rotate them out the way.

2) There are 4 nuts securing the motor so remove those, unhook the wire clip and you are ready to rock.

3) Heat up the old black rubber pad with a heat gun (Quartergrabber told me he did this and it worked great) and remove it all and clean the crap out of it, run it through an ultrasonic if you have one or wash real good with some dish detergent. You want a good clean bonding surface for the new disc.

4) If your disc is broken or you just want to put a new one on there are 3 phillips head screws under the black pad to remove it from the motor assembly

5) I highly recommend some sort of adhesive spray when you install the new clear pad, place the new pads face down on some wax paper or whatever and spray the already slightly sticky side of them, hitting the side edges real nicely too

That should cover everything from best I recall, Good Luck!

#3850 4 years ago

Definitely don't go cheap on the adhesive. I've read plenty of posts of guys saying that their clear rubber came off. I've had mine on for about 750 plays and have had no problems with it. It's so nice not having those black skid marks anymore.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
There are 9273 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 186.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside