(Topic ID: 54093)

Official TRON lovefest thread, I love it more than Lightning Kitty.

By centerflank

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9,273 posts
  • 469 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by insx
  • Topic is favorited by 142 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is TRON super awesome or are you a hater?”

• TRON is unreal, centerflank is supersmart. 396 votes
    71%
  • TRON blows, voters for this option have a small dingy :( 102 votes
    18%
  • Never played TRON, but if Centerflank likes it, it must be fun!!!! 59 votes
    11%

(557 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,255 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

C3274E82-5928-4425-80FC-82E5869342BA (resized).png
IMG_2493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2438 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5562 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5564 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5557 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5554 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5548 (resized).jpeg
A60145C3-9132-4708-AE36-D7570E45B8CA (resized).jpeg
20190801_215929 (resized).jpg
IMG_2437 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2436 (resized).jpeg
TRON Wall.jpg

There are 9273 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 186.
#3701 4 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

Anyone know of where I can purchase or does anyone have an extra set of Cliffy protectors.

I would contact Cliffy directly. He ships stuff out super fast in my experience

#3702 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Took your advice, they are on the way!!

#3703 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Agreed...Cliffy a great guy.....even sent someone I knew another Cliffy T-Shirt when the original was ruined by apparent beer spillage ......have no idea who he was.....

#3704 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Lapnip will sell you his 3d translite! He hates Jeff Bridges. Probably America too!

especially if Jeff Bridges is IN america. That's a double wammy! almost as bad as 2 giant Jeff Bridges head-shots looming over the playfield at ya while playin'

#3705 4 years ago

What do you guys have for plays on your TRON?

I have 2678

#3706 4 years ago

1470, I'm slacking compared to you CF.

#3707 4 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I have 2678

How many plays did you have on it before the last code update. those were wiped out so you need to add those plays too.

#3708 4 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

How many plays did you have on it before the last code update. those were wiped out so you need to add those plays too.

I have never updated the code since I bought it

#3709 4 years ago

so low !?
well, of course having 2 or 3 pins "only" home makes to have more games on them...
mine gets 7000-8000 when sold, and still beautifull

#3710 4 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I have 2678

Only 916 on mine....judging by my recent success, I'll be at 1500 in no time ( this game has been just brutal on me for so long, can't get a long game in)...wish I was better at it, but LOVE the game....

Suspect I dodge it on a night or so here and there, when I'm looking to get my initials up, or just not get the shit kicked out of me in record time.

#3711 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Only 916 on mine....judging by my recent success, I'll be at 1500 in no time ( this game has been just brutal on me for so long, can't get a long game in)...wish I was better at it, but LOVE the game....
Suspect I dodge it on a night or so here and there, when I'm looking to get my initials up, or just not get the shit kicked out of me in record time.

super rubbers

#3712 4 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

super rubbers

Already living there...( orange and blue of course) ....hard to describe....game is so addicting, it's probably my favorite, but also scares the hell out of me....rules are pretty straightforward, but the game is at such a pace, I can't ever really get ahold of it.

I'll have a "WOZ" night, or "SM" night, etc., where I only play that machine, and can usually make some headway ( comfort level)....

"TRON" nights....lets me in, but can never get to that confidence level....probably move to 5 ball, and start cradling the hell out of balls.....

Make no mistake....I live to beat this thing...

#3713 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Already living there...( orange and blue of course) ....hard to describe....game is so addicting, it's probably my favorite, but also scares the hell out of me....rules are pretty straightforward, but the game is at such a pace, I can't ever really get ahold of it.
I'll have a "WOZ" night, or "SM" night, etc., where I only play that machine, and can usually make some headway ( comfort level)....
"TRON" nights....lets me in, but can never get to that confidence level....probably move to 5 ball, and start cradling the hell out of balls.....
Make no mistake....I live to beat this thing...

She's a might battle that knows no mercy on any of us punish seekers

#3714 4 years ago

342 plays here and my scores are completely stinking it up recently

#3715 4 years ago

I have 923 plays on mine and I think I may have had 25 on before the last code update, so let's say 950.

#3716 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

342 plays here and my scores are completely stinking it up recently

Geez, that's it? Do you ever have people over to play?

#3717 4 years ago

No one is allowed in the Tron vault.

#3718 4 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

She's a might battle that knows no mercy on any of us punish seekers

And that, my sir, sums it up!!!

#3719 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

so low !?
well, of course having 2 or 3 pins "only" home makes to have more games on them...
mine gets 7000-8000 when sold, and still beautifull

you all very low

btw, also forget to say (in my case) that we are 2 playing : not only me but my son, for quite 50% of the hits...

#3720 4 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I have 2678

80085 - I can't play it anymore or I'll loose that sweet number idk I've updated to the remix code so it is long gone.

#3721 4 years ago

tron-hands-1.jpg

#3722 4 years ago

I will be joining the club soon! My Tron is set to ship out tomorrow. Pray that it makes it unscathed!

Does anybody have the full pinballbulbs Tron light kit installed? My buddy has their kit in his STTNG and it is freaking beautiful. I am curious to see if anybody likes it for Tron.

#3723 4 years ago

did you guys see this yet??

HOT OFF THE PRESS....

New TRON RIDE coming to Shanghai Disneyland!!!

Trying to figure out how much airline tickets are to China

http://www.slashfilm.com/tron-ride-concept-art-shanghai-disneyland/

awesomeness.jpg

#3724 4 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I will be joining the club soon! My Tron is set to ship out tomorrow. Pray that it makes it unscathed!
Does anybody have the full pinballbulbs Tron light kit installed? My buddy has their kit in his STTNG and it is freaking beautiful. I am curious to see if anybody likes it for Tron.

Yes I put that pinball bulbs led kit into mine - looks awesome. Really makes a big difference in the blue disc lights and the green lights. You will love it I am sure.

#3725 4 years ago
Quoted from AJB4:

Yes I put that pinball bulbs led kit into mine - looks awesome. Really makes a big difference in the blue disc lights and the green lights. You will love it I am sure.

I have it installed as well. Lots of pics of it in this thread.

#3726 4 years ago

I have it installed as well. Lots of pics of it in this thread.

Cool, I thought you just had the 'competitors' kit.

#3727 4 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Cool, I thought you just had the 'competitors' kit.

I have the entire GI kit. So all GI bulbs and all the extra double spotlights and light strip in the back, which I actually removed because it deluded the Eli's ramp kit too much. The only thing that isn't PBB is the inserts which are coin taker. But insert lights anyone can do on their own and don't show up in pics anyway.

#3728 4 years ago

Very good. Thanks! So the competitor kit is just the GI, spots and strips?

#3729 4 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Very good. Thanks! So the competitor kit is just the GI, spots and strips?

Yes, the competitor kit is everything above the PLAYFIELD.

#3730 4 years ago

just did this for a mate, so thought to share it here, we are going to paint a bright blue paint into the lettering to help it pop.

https://www.shapeways.com/search?q=swinksshooters

hope to join the tron club one day, very cool machine.

625x465_3614546_11184603_1436699851.jpg.png

#3731 4 years ago

Picked up my TRON about a month ago. I am having a hard time not pushing start.

20150615_163709.jpeg

#3732 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

just did this for a mate, so thought to share it here, we are going to paint a bright blue paint into the lettering to help it pop.

I just ordered one in polished grey steel. I'll be interested to see pictures of the painted one to help me decide whether to paint mine or not.

#3733 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Any chance you could make one that looks like an identity disc with no TRON lettering on it?

#3734 4 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I just ordered one in polished grey steel. I'll be interested to see pictures of the painted one to help me decide whether to paint mine or not.

thanks for the purchase, I ordered one for my mate a few days ago so once I get it I paint it and will show you, this is what it looks like with paint in the pattern and really simple to do.

Painting process - got to a hobby shop and get some gloss acrylic paint and a paint brush and brush it in to the pattern, then put some white spirits or equivalent on to a rag then put the damp rag over a sanding block to get a smooth surface and pull it tight then wipe the excess off - simple. Wait 24hrs and do again and a 3rd time for a nice level finish.

Assembly process - The inner design of the plunger knobs has a cavity for excess epozy to go into with one small breather hole on the back side at the bottom. It also has a recessed edge at the bottom of the hole so the epoxy anchors in place. The breather hole takes away that suspension / compressed air effect so you put in the epoxy and a little on the end of the rod and twist into place and just match the rod length to your regular stern plunger rod and because there is a breather hole the rod should stay in the set place and not keep ejecting out as there will be no compressed air effect pushing the rod out. And there shouldn't be any mess, but if there is use white spirits or thinners.

Have fun.

sample photos are of the WW in Gold which is a little more textured, and the Kiss one is the polished nickel

P1100065.jpg

#3735 4 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Any chance you could make one that looks like an identity disc with no TRON lettering on it?

yes, please post a pic of what you would like, shapeways has a few design limitations ( width of material for the pattern etc) but would like to do an optional one.

#3736 4 years ago

I'm sorry. Block your eyes...

Who's a dirty girl...

image.jpg

Bath time!

image.jpg

#3737 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Don't forget you can take the backboard piece off the play field with 4 screws and easy access to that outer loop.

edit---Ah, you took the ramps off, probably easy to get at already....

#3738 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Who's a dirty girl...
image.jpg
Bath time!
image.jpg

Time to change that black rubber disc to a clear one.

#3739 4 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Don't forget you can take the backboard piece off the play field with 4 screws and easy access to that outer loop.
edit---Ah, you took the ramps off, probably easy to get at already....

They had to come out... Eli is coming to town

Pinbits protectors as well, so easiest to yank it all.

Time to change that black rubber disc to a clear one.

I keep going back and forth on that. It gets pretty dizzy now, and I keep hearing the clear makes it insane. I've been to portal once since I unboxed it 4.5 years ago, so I'm not sure in want to make it crazier.

#3740 4 years ago

Get those dirty black ball trails and marks all over your PLAYFIELD and have to clean it more often or accept the crazy. Sometimes it's easier just to accept the crazy.

#3741 4 years ago

I thought the rubber disc would sling it out so fast that it would be breaking plastics and stuff. But nope, it's actually not that bad.

#3742 4 years ago

The clear disc is a must do upgrade, Im convinced of it. Don't think twice about doing it.

#3743 4 years ago

Where do you get it?

#3746 4 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

The clear disc is a must do upgrade, Im convinced of it. Don't think twice about doing it.

I knew I should have asked before starting this. That will take a while to get here. So it will probably go into the next round.

And after just laying them into the game to see them with the new LEDs, I really like the look of the Pinbits protectors. I've never really cared for the color of the left one on most machines, but People usually have cool white bulbs. On mine I went with yellow under it, and warm white in the top of the sling. She's gonna look sharp.

#3747 4 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Where do you get it?

I got mine from pinballcenterflank.com. The customer service sucks balls but but the shipping is reasonable.

#3748 4 years ago

I got mine from pinballcenterflank.com. The customer service sucks balls but but the shipping is reasonable.

Agreed!

Quoted from DaveH:

I knew I should have asked before starting this. That will take a while to get here. So it will probably go into the next round.
And after just laying them into the game to see them with the new LEDs, I really like the look of the Pinbits protectors. I've never really cared for the color of the left one on most machines, but People usually have cool white bulbs. On mine I went with yellow under it, and warm white in the top of the sling. She's gonna look sharp.

Dave, I have one spare clear disc, I can send it out to you but I'd need it replaced in the near future. Let me know..... You can put your game back together, just need to pull that motor assembly out from the bottom of the Pf, easy stuff

#3749 4 years ago

Dang, $24 shipped for that thing huh?

#3750 4 years ago

here is my interpretation of the identity disc in a plunger knob, you could print in the polished grey steel and then paint a light aqua blue in the grooves to get that classic similar look. The knob is 1 1/2 inches at the maximum diameter.

https://www.shapeways.com/search?q=swinksshooter

tron_identity_disc_front.png
tron_identity_disc_side.png

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 399.95
There are 9273 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 186.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside