IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3026 (resized).png
IMG_3018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
TRON_SpinDisc Mounted (resized).jpg
IMG_5680 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1247 (resized).jpeg
There are 11,635 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 233.
#3651 8 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

I can get some pics of these installed on mine if anyone wants. They're great.

The link I provided in my post shows pics of them installed in my machine

#3653 8 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

Heating up works ... But try to use a hair dryer to prevent overheating. Also remove the srews and backplate to prevent breaking.
Final pieces of glue and rubber I removed by using a very sharp chisel.
Than cleaning/degrease the to be glued surface and put the rubber in place.
There was no need for additional glue...

Really, no additional glue? Everyone I talked to that has installed them told me to add adhesive spray because the stock glue wasn't stong enough.

#3654 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Really, no additional glue? Everyone I talked to that has installed them told me to add adhesive spray because the stock glue wasn't stong enough.

I've had one come off and one stay in place. The one I prepared better is the one that staid on. Go figure.

#3655 8 years ago

Definitely use a little extrA spray adhesive, I had an extra disc when I installed mine, it was actually broken but the black pad held it together so it was still functional

#3656 8 years ago

hmm yes I like those. They flow with the game and back. But I like the way mirror blades throw light back in the game..... hmmm......

#3657 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

hmm yes I like those. They flow with the game and back. But I like the way mirror blades throw light back in the game..... hmmm......

Hassanchop's are super glossy and reflect all the light as well. The only problem is I don't know if he's selling them anymore. You would have to PM him if you wanted a set.

#3658 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I liked both of them! My thought on going with the mirror blades was with the LE having all chrome trim, it looked more factory to me. Can't go wrong with either as I agree both work well on this game. Good luck!

#3659 8 years ago

I've seen both regular chrome and black chrome mirror blades advertised. Is there a clear preference of one over the other

#3660 8 years ago

Don't you have to be extra extra carefull while lifting the pf in order not to scatch / damage the sideblades?

#3661 8 years ago

This is exactly the kind of filth that Robin is trying to keep off pinside!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsiders-in-the-nashville-tn-area/page/109#post-2532292

#3662 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinbally_1968:

Don't you have to be extra extra carefull while lifting the pf in order not to scatch / damage the sideblades?

No you don't have to be careful at all. If you buy from pingraffix they supply two lengths of thick felt tape to put on the sides of the playfield. If you buy from another pinblade supplier, just get your own felt tape and put it on.

#3663 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

No you don't have to be careful at all. If you buy from pingraffix they supply two lengths of thick felt tape to put on the sides of the playfield. If you buy from another pinblade supplier, just get your own felt tape and put it on.

You still have to be careful of the left ramp switch actuator assembly scratching the inside of the cabinet.

#3664 8 years ago
Quoted from west6926:

I've seen both regular chrome and black chrome mirror blades advertised. Is there a clear preference of one over the other

Don't know about clear preference, but the black mirror absolutely kills on my machine!!!!!

#3665 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Don't know about clear preference, but the black mirror absolutely kills on my machine!!!!!

Agreed, thats what I have. Looks killer for sure.

#3666 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinbally_1968:

Just buy 2 pieces of poster board and slide between play field and blades for no worries..cheap and easy ( another Pinsider turned me on to this, can't remember their name)

#3667 8 years ago
Quoted from west6926:

Clear chrome MUST go on SM, btw ( off topic, but figured I'd throw it in)....

#3668 8 years ago

If you have mirror blades, and I put them on a few games, lifting the pf out slowly and gently will will result in zero scratches.

Its just like like making love, slow and steady wins the race.

#3669 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Its just like like making love, slow and steady wins the race.

Wish the Gem shot was like that.

#3670 8 years ago

Gem is definitely a quickie...

#3671 8 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Wish the Gem shot was like that.

Double tapping gem off the skill shot is the best feeling ever in pinball.

#3672 8 years ago

Depends which angle you hit her switch from

#3673 8 years ago

I'm on vacation in Europe...found two pinball machines at Disney Paris. Both Tron Pros. I played one of them for about 6 games on one Euro! Replay must have been set pretty low, but I also matched once.

#3674 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

That never happens!

#3675 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Does anybody have a video of how this works? Or is this just stuff of legend? An illustration would also do.

#3676 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

That never happens!

Just did it the other night, maybe have done it 6-7 times. It's rare for sure!

#3677 8 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

You can tell I have seen The Big Lebowski too many times, because I want to throw "man" after every Bridges callout. For a few weeks I thought he was saying "F-ing spectacular arenas" then I realized it was "fought in"

Speaking of immature interpretations, I swear that I heard something about "three way" during Quorra mode. Am I going crazy, craving Skyline Chili, or...?

Edit: It's probably "Freeway", but that totally sucks in comparison to the other interpretations.

#3678 8 years ago

Chilling out at a church festival and found the one guy that loves lamp

image.jpgimage.jpg

#3679 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Chilling out at a church festival and found the one guy that loves lampimage.jpg

So misguided. He doesn't realize what he's missing.

#3680 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Chilling out at a church festival and found the one guy that loves lampimage.jpg

Whew, and such a lovely lamp that is!!!

#3681 8 years ago

Anyone here have a NOS or spare right ramp? I bought mine broke at the entry where the cliff would go. I have the Eli ramp kit but want to wait to install till I get a new ramp. Marco and Bay Area are out of stock...

#3682 8 years ago

Had a good game going, then this happened

IMG_20150627_113450513_HDR.jpgIMG_20150627_113450513_HDR.jpg

#3683 8 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

IMG_20150627_113450513_HDR.jpg

dohhh

looks like good ball support

#3684 8 years ago

i always enjoy this little situation...

tron-pin-ball-caught.jpgtron-pin-ball-caught.jpg

#3685 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

i always enjoy this little situation...
tron-pin-ball-caught.jpg

********SDTM DANGER WARNING!*********

#3686 8 years ago

Has anyone experimented with making their own clear disc rubber?

#3687 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Chilling out at a church festival and found the one guy that loves lamp
image.jpg

Revisiting this after getting off of work today( for a good laugh).....Flank, if you see this guy again ( and hopefully not the lamp), you need to forbid him from getting within 15 feet of ANY Tron machine!!!...that is just damn ugly !!!.....

#3688 8 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

IMG_20150627_113450513_HDR.jpg

Have had that happen to me a few times, as well...end up tilting or just taking the glass off....it is helpful for explaining my low score to others, though...." Had this amazing ball going..on my way to SOS, then this happened.."....

#3689 8 years ago

I love rinzler , yesterday he threw it back so violently I had to check it didnt actually break through the cab front panelimage.jpgimage.jpg..

#3690 8 years ago

Hello tron experts - wanted a price opinion on my nib tron le and nos tron le play field. Thanks. And no worries - my huo tron le isn't going anywhere Have a great day.

#3691 8 years ago

*deleted* Me read gud.

#3692 8 years ago
Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

Hello tron experts - wanted a price opinion on my nib TRON LE and nos TRON LE play field.

"Therefore prepare thee to cut off the flesh. Shed thou no blood, nor cut thou less nor more, but just a pound of flesh. If thou takest more or less than a just pound, be it but so much as makes it light or heavy in the substance or the division of the twentieth part of one poor scruple—nay, if the scale do turn, but in the estimation of a hair, thou diest and all thy goods are confiscate." -Portia

#3693 8 years ago
Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

Hello tron experts - wanted a price opinion on my nib TRON LE and nos TRON LE play field. Thanks. And no worries - my huo TRON LE isn't going anywhere Have a great day.

hmmm... it's a tough one.
depends on if you value the game more or want the money.
honestly, i wouldn't sell my HUO out-of-box Tron LE for less than $30,000.00 USD. A few mods included & 2 translites.
But, i value the pin more than the $ right now & I don't have 2 of them
I guess the factors are:
How soon do you want to sell it?
Is it taking up space that could be used for something else?
Can you use (or need) the money now more than later?
Will you regret selling it (even at any price), or is there a price point that makes you say, "i'm ok with it being gone".
Are you not being buried in it, like I am mine
blablabla...

#3694 8 years ago

Haven't heard of any NIB LEs being sold in a long time. Buddy just sold his (played, modded) LE recently for 10k I think.

I know a guy who would be extremely interested in the pf. IMO he is super duper great and you would have the best transaction ever. PM me for info

#3695 8 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I know a guy who would be extremely interested in the pf. IMO he is super duper great and you would have the best transaction ever. PM me for info

I heard he is an ass.

#3696 8 years ago

Answers to mr lap,

I don't need to sell but it's just been sitting for a long time now. Got it new on preorder.

It's not taking space for anything else.

If want to sell for the most I can. I have given too many pinsiders unappreciated deals where I have taken losses so this is my turn to make up for those losses.

Wouldn't regret selling for right amount since I have my modded huo tron le.

And yes I'll be buried in the HUO.

Thanks Sir!!

#3697 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I heard he is an ass.

greetings.gifgreetings.gif

#3698 8 years ago

Anyone know of where I can purchase or does anyone have an extra set of Cliffy protectors. I desperately need the Blue Ramp right side protector. I installed the Eli's kit over the weekend (wow what a difference) and the Tube is exposed due to a cracked ramp. I have also asked everyone of how to obtain a new right ramp and was told possibly distributors. which I will check but figured I got the Cliffy it would help protect that area till I find a ramp.

#3699 8 years ago

I am looking for the lighted Flynn sign, anybody have an extra one to sell? Also looking for a 3-D translite as well.

Thanks,
Chris

#3700 8 years ago

Lapnip will sell you his 3d translite! He hates Jeff Bridges. Probably America too!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Trade
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Beach, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,635 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/74 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.