tron1 (resized).jpg
tron2 (resized).jpg
IMG_4921 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4920 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6148 (resized).png
IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
There are 11,646 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 233.
#3601 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

They are usually around the $300 USD mark.

well that's a weird quote defect

#3602 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

I know, it's been happening to other people too. Probably just a bug in the new update. I'm too lazy to report it to Robin, hopefully someone less lazy did.

#3603 8 years ago

I know, it's been happening to other people too. Probably just a bug in the new update. I'm too lazy to report it to Robin, hopefully someone less lazy did.

This is me testing it.

#3604 8 years ago

labnip said:

1 week later
#3605 8 years ago

There is a motherf...... EDOT on Dallas craigslist.

#3606 8 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

There is a motherf...... EDOT on Dallas craigslist.

Buy that up. Real quick.

#3607 8 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Buy that up. Real quick.

You know the crap part is I HAVE THE CASH....but there's no way it will fit in my house.

#3608 8 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

You know the crap part is I HAVE THE CASH....but there's no way it will fit in my house.

is it the one that's cut in half?
it was "sorta" for sale a few years ago in dallas.

#3609 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

It's cut in half. I don't pay that much attention to prior stuff... I don't read KLOV anymore and I can barely remember what I was reading there 4 years ago when I started in on all this short of Ken Layton's posts.

Listing looks like a storage unit or warehouse of some kind...lots of other stuff too.

#3610 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg. Finally managed to get past 100 million for the first time this weekend. It feels like I've achieved something. Does not make me grand champ but still feels good. Was just going into the basement to get a few things done when I passed the machine and thought I'd switch it on for a quickie. Several games later the magic happened. Multi balls were lasting longer than they ever do. The Quorra to Gem combo was almost automatic and I got daft punk multiball. Still was a bit nervous when the final ball drained and I was under a hundred million. Managed to get over the top with bonuses. Still did not get to Portal. Don't know if that will ever happen. Thought I must be in a groove so played a few more games but they were all quick drains. Work never got done but it was all good.

#3611 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

I have the EDOT and it's crazy not to cut it. The way it's designed, there is a flat board on the very top and the very bottom. The sides are slotted together near the top and bottom so there is already a "seam" there. I cut a straight line across the top and bottom. Underneath the floor metal disc panel, the wires are plug and play so I can just unhook any sound/lighting going to the back. The floor cut is covered by the metal disc panel, the ceiling cut is covered by the normal black triangular wood that angles up at the ceiling. Short of getting a ladder and looking at the top and seeing the bracket that I use to hold everything together tightly or lifting up the floor panel, there is no way to tell it's cut.
In my opinion, not cutting it is crazy because I don't know of any way this could be moved into most homes much less a basement if you didn't cut it. I really don't see any difference in cutting this as I do modifying any pinball.

#3612 8 years ago

The edot, and the pole position cockpit can be stood on their front or back end and it can be maneuvered more easily geometrically. At least thats how my pole position works

#3613 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

The edot, and the Pole Position cockpit can be stood on their front or back end and it can be maneuvered more easily geometrically. At least thats how my Pole Position works

Seems legit. That said, I'm not sure where the cockpit is, or all of this business about poles and their position..

#3614 8 years ago

Maybe this:

#3615 8 years ago

Howd you get that picture of me?

#3616 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Howd you get that picture of me?

You might want to join my fitness club thread, just saying.....

#3617 8 years ago

Anyone sitting on an extra scoop cliffy? Ill trade you a clear disc pad for it. MY slotted cliffy cracked apart at the slot and the ball gets hung up there now. I get the angry eyes from Trophy every time it happens to her.

#3618 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Anyone sitting on an extra scoop cliffy? Ill trade you a clear disc pad for it. MY slotted cliffy cracked apart at the slot and the ball gets hung up there now. I get the angry eyes from Trophy every time it happens to her.

I have one I installed for about two games, didn't like it so bought a mantis. I'll do that trade.

#3619 8 years ago

I have one I installed for about two games, didn't like it so bought a mantis. I'll do that trade.

Love you guys!

#3620 8 years ago

I played Tron a few times on location and realized it was a must-have for me. Made a few attempts to buy a LE but never succeeded. After one year of searching I finally got my hands on a good Tron (pro). . It came already with a lot of extra’s like a the Flipper Fidelty. sound, which is really great!
After playing it for some time I thought it was about time to upgrade it a little more because the game really excites me!
First thing of course, get the Pinbits illumination kit! And then you start ordering more and more stuff because one shipment from the USA should carry more than just one item ..

Also as our ‘’Op’’ advised me, ‘’get the transparent disk’’ it’s a game-changer! And so I did because the original rubber was kind of worn out and had no grip anymore.
I had all my bits and pieces flown in and I was ready to build it all together.
The ‘’transparent disk’’ was actually the first thing I started with.. after 2 hours of trying to get the old rubber off, this is what happened: (thanks for the advice Centerflank )

My advice to whom want to do this as well, remove the screws from the disc before you start rubbing!
Luckily I could find one spare disk online, but it takes another 10 days or so to arrive. These things are scarce!
Anyway, now the Pinbits illumination kit is installed, chrome flippers and pops, (dunno if that will hold up) mechanical cleanup, polished and cleaned it all. Looks like brand new.

My disk is now in Istanbul, so I cannot play it yet but that is all right, there are more things to do before it is all to my liking.
I will have to pause this for a few weeks due to other things I have to do, but I ll show you the end result later 

I wanted to upload some pics but it wont allow me, Invalid upload ID, guess a new server bug.. will give it another attempt later

#3621 8 years ago

Return trip to Portal! Woohoo!!!! Trophy was not amused again at the 10 minute wait.

IMG_0484 (1).jpgIMG_0484 (1).jpg

#3622 8 years ago

I just looked back at the thread I started when I got 209m. That was 556 days ago, and I have got NOWHERE near it since.

#3623 8 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Maybe this:
This image got 2 "unsafe" tags and has been hidden automatically, as per your settings. un-hide15bcd1b3809c7a0112b2eeae5b59a5b2.jpg 2

Most hidden pics I leave unhid once I open them. This one went straight back to hidden.

#3624 8 years ago

I picked up an LE last week and to say I'm loving it would be an understatement. I'm really digging the callouts. I'm tempted to try to make it through a day at work speaking only in Tron callouts

#3625 8 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I picked up an LE last week and to say I'm loving it would be an understatement. I'm really digging the callouts. I'm tempted to try to make it through a day at work speaking only in Tron callouts

The extra callouts is the most overlooked feature when the LE is being compared to the Pro. It adds so much to the immersive experience.

#3626 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Return trip to Portal! Woohoo!!!! Trophy was not amused again at the 10 minute wait.
IMG_0484 (1).jpg

Great game Flank!!!.....I have a hard time breaking 100mil.....kicks my ass quite regularly ....it actually mocks me, I think...yet I go back for more....something wrong with me...

#3627 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

The extra callouts is the most overlooked feature when the LE is being compared to the Pro. It adds so much to the immersive experience.

Could someone not just take the extra callouts from the LE and insert them into a Pro using pinball browser if they want? Seems like they could?

#3628 8 years ago

Could someone not just take the extra callouts from the LE and insert them into a Pro using pinball browser if they want? Seems like they could?

Might be difficult to find the trigger. Pinball browser replaces sounds that are already being triggered. I guess it would depend on whether the code is calling an empty space, or not calling anything at all.

#3629 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Might be difficult to find the trigger. Pinball browser replaces sounds that are already being triggered. I guess it would depend on whether the code is calling an empty space, or not calling anything at all.

Well with pinball browser you can add 1000 new callouts to a Pro if you want so that part of the LE I don't miss or even care about. What I like on the LE vs the Pro and the most important feature IMO is the multi colour lighting. But I hear some crazy auzzie has come up with a solution for that

#3630 8 years ago

Finally tore up an led and lit up my recognizer. I really like the extra bit of light right there.IMG_20150619_151450468.jpgIMG_20150619_151450468.jpg

#3631 8 years ago

Just to make you all feel a little less manly ...

13 year old Danni went all the way to Portal on ball one tonight.

She *almost* did it without using SOS .. She had everything solid except Disc MB ... So she used SOS to clean that up.

Portal didn't last long ... But she hit GEM 11x on ball one so she got a massive 11x bonus of 38,000,000 odd. Nice one.

rd

image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

#3632 8 years ago

Damn what a baller!

#3633 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

She *almost* did it without using SOS .. She had everything solid except Disc MB ... So she used SOS to clean that up.
Portal didn't last long ... But she hit GEM 11x on ball one so she got a massive 11x bonus of 38,000,000 odd. Nice one.
rd
image.jpg
image.jpg

Well, I don't know about less of a man, but cetainly , I'm a pathetic TRON player , now convinced the glass must come off!!!

#3634 8 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

It's fun when you learn the Tron callouts. Given enough beer I start reciting them myself Which, of course, I'm sure my gf loves heh

#3635 8 years ago

You can tell I have seen The Big Lebowski too many times, because I want to throw "man" after every Bridges callout. For a few weeks I thought he was saying "F-ing spectacular arenas" then I realized it was "fought in"

#3636 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd
image.jpg
image.jpg

holy crap. Tell her to go pro!

#3637 8 years ago

So, after reading so much about it I finally bought one of these after a friend decided to release his LE. and its true, it really is a fun game, easy to play, but hard to master!

love the overal tron experience as a movie, the aseome music etc, so won't bore anyone with yet another pinball playfield pic, instead i ocasionally push my clients in a direction that i want to go on that particular day...

_VDB9504.JPG_VDB9504.JPG_VDB9491.jpg_VDB9491.jpg_VDB9490.jpg_VDB9490.jpg_VDB9487.jpg_VDB9487.jpg

#3638 8 years ago

Nice helmets!

#3639 8 years ago

Nice helmet. I believe it is only one.

#3640 8 years ago

correct, there were two made, but its indeed a two sided design.

#3641 8 years ago

Anyone have a photo of Pingrafix Side blades installed in the Machine?

#3642 8 years ago

I have the Pingraffix decal ones. I think there are pics in this thread (somewhere!) I understand there are metal ones now as well. So much like my Tron arcade cab mod, I was burned by early adoption!

#3643 8 years ago

I put the UV Battle Arena mod from pinball refinery on last night. It's a nice addition and not a bad price.

I also added the scoop mod that lights up when the arcade flasher is triggered.

http://pinballrefinery.com/store#!/TRON-UV-Battle-Arena-mod/p/48225733/category=4730949

#3644 8 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

Anyone have a photo of Pingrafix Side blades installed in the Machine?

Here you go! I've just joined the club with LE#361. The side blades look awesome and really pick-up all the colors of the game.

012.JPG012.JPG
004 (2).JPG004 (2).JPG
003.JPG003.JPG

#3645 8 years ago

I love Jose's work! They look great. Thanks for posting and welcome to the club!! I think those pinblades are a no-brainer after looking at your photos!!

#3646 8 years ago

I know what I'll be doing tonight thanks Centerflank!!! I hear the black rubber disc is a bitch to remove. I am going to try and heat it up with a heat gun to remove it and see if that works. Any tips would be appreciated.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#3647 8 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Here you go! I've just joined the club with LE#361. The side blades look awesome and really pick-up all the colors of the game.
012.JPG
004 (2).JPG
003.JPG

I have to admit I still like hassenchops tron pinblade a way better.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/45#post-1652783

#3648 8 years ago

I know what I'll be doing tonight thanks Centerflank!!! I hear the black rubber disc is a bitch to remove. I am going to try and heat it up with a heat gun to remove it and see if that works. Any tips would be appreciated.
image.jpg

Heating up works ... But try to use a hair dryer to prevent overheating. Also remove the srews and backplate to prevent breaking.

Final pieces of glue and rubber I removed by using a very sharp chisel.

Than cleaning/degrease the to be glued surface and put the rubber in place.

There was no need for additional glue...

#3649 8 years ago

I can get some pics of these installed on mine if anyone wants. They're great.

#3650 8 years ago

Hassenchop's are the way to go!

image.jpgimage.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

There are 11,646 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/73 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.