(Topic ID: 54093)

Official TRON lovefest thread, I love it more than Lightning Kitty.

By centerflank

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9,273 posts
  • 469 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by insx
  • Topic is favorited by 142 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is TRON super awesome or are you a hater?”

• TRON is unreal, centerflank is supersmart. 396 votes
    71%
  • TRON blows, voters for this option have a small dingy :( 102 votes
    18%
  • Never played TRON, but if Centerflank likes it, it must be fun!!!! 59 votes
    11%

(557 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,255 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

C3274E82-5928-4425-80FC-82E5869342BA (resized).png
IMG_2493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2438 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5562 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5564 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5557 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5554 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5548 (resized).jpeg
A60145C3-9132-4708-AE36-D7570E45B8CA (resized).jpeg
20190801_215929 (resized).jpg
IMG_2437 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2436 (resized).jpeg
TRON Wall.jpg

There are 9273 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 186.
#3351 4 years ago
Quoted from finalboss:

Nah, took the $500 and bought another box of Cubans.
...cigars, that is.

And another good choice!!!

#3352 4 years ago

I am 5 days away from picking up my Tron Pro from Pinballjon. I am freaking out. The game came with black mirror blades, shaker motor. I wanted everyone's opinion on top 5 modes. I have already ordered the new run of the 3.1v Arcade and a flipper fidelity kit. I am trying to track down an Eli's ramp mod and will get the color DMD. Besides those mention what are the must haves? I.e. Tron cycle modes, Flynn sign, pop number caps, ECT ECT. Can you guys help stoke my fire and if anyone has a lead on an Eli's that would be great. I saw a lighted ramp mod from the UK on Ebay foe like $75 was thinking of doing that for time being?

#3353 4 years ago

Anyone who's interested -> I got some of those nice TRON lightcycle mods left. My just bought LE [] did not have them, so had to put them into there too! Anyway installing is easy, no drilling and/or cutting needed! Also easy to remove. Go for 169/set.

Made a thread on those here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-lepro-lightcycle-mod-last-sets

IMG_5045.jpg

#3354 4 years ago

Eli's Mod Ramp lights now available. http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_65&products_id=566 special thanks to MinusWorlds!!

#3355 4 years ago

Thinking about doing the Eli Ramp Mod. My left ramp has a big chunk missing on both sides at the ramp entrance. The cliffy kit was good for saving the right side, but the left side is hopeless because there is nothing to affix the cliffy to. (I had an email thread with Cliff about this and he suggested a new ramp). My right ramp is cracked down at the bottom, where it returns the ball to the left inlane.

So...anyone got a set of ramps already populated with the Eli mod? I'm in the market.

#3356 4 years ago

Thank You Pinbits!

image.jpg
#3359 4 years ago

you think tron would look good colored?

I think the black suits with different colors would look sweet....be dark overall though.

#3360 4 years ago

Done and also kind of stunning there's no TZ yet. I would have guessed that was done long ago!

#3361 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

you think tron would look good colored?
I think the black suits with different colors would look sweet....be dark overall though.

Yes...

#3362 4 years ago

We'll be livestreaming Tron tomorrow night (8 Eastern) on our Twitch channel and our guest will be Pinside's own Breaking_Dad (aka Joey). Follow our channel and you'll get a notification when we go live--stop by and profess your love for the greatest pin in the history of pins:

http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

image.jpg

#3363 4 years ago

don't you think it would just look better with a xpin blue? that is what i have on mine and i don't think i would change it.

#3364 4 years ago
Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

don't you think it would just look better with a xpin blue? that is what i have on mine and i don't think i would change it.

I'm actually running a sigma w/ color changing cable tied into the speaker light kits.....looks pretty badass...but suspect the colorized version would look sick......

#3365 4 years ago

Tron, TZ, and ST are already being released in '15. Votes for those three are not "needed" to get it done.

#3366 4 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Tron, TZ, and ST are already being released in '15. Votes for those three are not "needed" to get it done.

Worked on, no guarantees of a release. But point taken, yes they are all in development.

#3367 4 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I hope you are right!!!....

#3368 4 years ago

There goes the engagement ring......need more mods

#3369 4 years ago

Tron in Da house! Thanks Pinballjon!! Got me Eli's ramp kit already to install and will be gettin theV3.1 arcade in a couple weeks!!

V__C995(1).jpg
#3370 4 years ago

Added another little mod for Tron.

image.jpg

image.jpg

#3371 4 years ago

cooooool

#3372 4 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

Tron in Da house! Thanks Pinballjon!! Got me Eli's ramp kit already to install and will be gettin theV3.1 arcade in a couple weeks!!

V__C995(1).jpg (Click image to enlarge)

If you like I can get you a set of those sweet looking lit up light cycles !

#3373 4 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

If you like I can get you a set of those sweet looking lit up light cycles !

Yes I want them but I just blew about $5800 in getting to this point. I need a month to recover. If you still have them a month from now remind me and ill take a set

#3374 4 years ago

Also anyone know where to get that sweet Flynn's arcade sign and the stickers that go on that piece that raises out of playfield in front of the rectifier?

#3375 4 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Added another little mod for Tron.
image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Stop the insanity!!!...ok, where did you get those...think I'll need a set....I'm hopeless

#3376 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Stop the insanity!!!...ok, where did you get those...think I'll need a set....I'm hopeless

I got them from laseriffic (below is the link). It was a set of three, there is a yellow one on the upper flipper too.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/improved-laseriffic-flipper-toppers/page/2#post-2418952

#3377 4 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

Also anyone know where to get that sweet Flynn's arcade sign and the stickers that go on that piece that raises out of playfield in front of the rectifier?

That FLYNN sign mod I ordered from here: http://www.dkpinball.com/DKWP/?page_id=152

If you like I can hold a light cycle set for you on hold till next month. No problem...

Another great mod I would recommend are a very nice set of inner decals from "hassanchop": https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-custom-side-board-decals

#3378 4 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

That FLYNN sign mod I ordered from here: http://www.dkpinball.com/DKWP/?page_id=152
If you like I can hold a light cycle set for you on hold till next month. No problem...
Another great mod I would recommend are a very nice set of inner decals from "hassanchop": https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-custom-side-board-decals

Yes I have hassanchop's inner decals installed and they look amazing, I wish he did them for more games. They are super glossy so they reflect the ramp lights nicely

#3379 4 years ago

I've got Hassanchop's decals on my game too, they're the best ones I've seen. You can kinda see them in our stream from last night:

#3380 4 years ago

What's Lamp?

#3381 4 years ago

Wow guys!! I have been an owner for about 24 hours and am totally blown away!! This is a jaw dropping pinball experience I have not yet felt to this point. Unbelievable! Thanks to everyone in this thread that helped convince me to buy one

#3382 4 years ago
Unknown.jpeg
#3383 4 years ago

Holy eff I installed the pinbits kit on my tron today. My number 1 holy grail pin just got even cooler. What's next to do on it???

photo(20).JPG
#3384 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballkyle:

Holy eff I installed the pinbits kit on my tron today. My number 1 holy grail pin just got even cooler. What's next to do on it???

Pinblades!

#3385 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballkyle:

Whats next? Stop. Just play it! Youve already installed the coolest mods for it, now get some time on it. Greatest game ever!

#3386 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballkyle:

photo(20).JPG (Click image to enlarge)

side mirrors

#3387 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballkyle:

photo(20).JPG (Click image to enlarge)

next..... you need to adorn that beautiful pin in ENCOM stickers.

every nook, every cranney.

#3388 4 years ago

new mystery tron items
what could it be? ...blow up quorra & gem dolls?

tron-mystery-items-1.jpg

#3389 4 years ago

Just had 7 lit (5 in a row!), the other 2 flashing, and drained before I could start SOS. Argh! Just one more game!

#3390 4 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

Just had 7 lit (5 in a row!), the other 2 flashing, and drained before I could start SOS. Argh! Just one more game!

That's what I love about Tron - every game you don't reach Portal leaves you with that "one more game" feeling.

#3392 4 years ago

heading to store...

#3393 4 years ago

Well nuts, something Tron has got to be in there somewhere!

image.jpg

#3394 4 years ago

image.jpg

image-863.jpg
image-901.jpg

image-652.jpg

#3395 4 years ago

Cute. Did they do another run of those or has someone been hoarding one for a good long while?

#3396 4 years ago

new run

#3397 4 years ago

that encom marquee is beautiful! rich does great work.

#3398 4 years ago

Sh-t.

I guess I need to pay attention to KLOV again. I hate that place..

#3399 4 years ago

My TRON area in my garage... Of course better at night.... Will add some wire molding to hide the cords.

P1010884.JPG P1010883.JPG
#3400 4 years ago

Dig the blue recognizer! I've got a red one

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 26.50
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
There are 9273 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 186.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside