(Topic ID: 54093)

Official TRON lovefest thread, I love it more than Lightning Kitty.

By centerflank

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9,063 posts
  • 457 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by Durzel
  • Topic is favorited by 136 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is TRON super awesome or are you a hater?”

• TRON is unreal, centerflank is supersmart. 389 votes
    71%
  • TRON blows, voters for this option have a small dingy :( 102 votes
    19%
  • Never played TRON, but if Centerflank likes it, it must be fun!!!! 59 votes
    11%

(550 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,204 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpg
848E2FEB-2D09-4E84-AE02-B08535EA8840 (resized).jpeg
7659CA12-B1FA-413E-B217-A6AB25B66472 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3239 (resized).jpg
IMG_3237 (resized).jpg
IMG_3201 (resized).jpg
IMG_3198 (resized).jpg
IMG_3197 (resized).jpg
IMG_1930 (resized).JPG
2 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
71703595-04CC-40A2-9570-F1C237A70400 (resized).jpeg
88BA2A41-B3A9-4A82-8554-E48B0A7DC409.jpeg
74523D42-985D-4F8A-B1CD-C14E877893A4 (resized).jpeg
20190421_125801 (resized).jpg
20190402_162223 (resized).jpg

There are 9063 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 182.
#3201 4 years ago

I wanted to post this up here in case any of you guys didn't see it. If any of you are running a Eli/Pinbit ramp light kit and would like to control other lights along with it, please check out this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lighting-mod-for-tron-ramp-kit-owners-gauging-interest

We are trying to gauge how many of these to have made. It will allow you to add and control additional RGB lighting via the output of your Eli/Pinbit ramp kit. Speaker lights, toppers, undercabinet lighting, ColorDMD, strip lights, color changing GI lighting, etc., the possibilities are huge and only limited by your imagination! Please check it out and let us know if you have any interest in one!

#3204 4 years ago

Well done!

#3205 4 years ago

vote-1.jpg

#3206 4 years ago

Here's to hoping I join you guys! Voted!

#3207 4 years ago

Me too!!! ( voted)...thanks for the heads up Rob!!!...

#3208 4 years ago

I need to get these for edot !!!
Illuminated T-molding

http://gameroomjunkies.com/index.php/2015/03/31/illuminated-t-molding/

#3209 4 years ago

Can't believe pinballers like TS over TRON.....idiots!

#3210 4 years ago

whoa!!!

#3211 4 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Can't believe pinballers like TS over TRON.....idiots!

Can't beleive some dude is hording pictures of centerflanks wife in that thread........................creepy!

#3212 4 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Can't beleive some dude is hording pictures of centerflanks wife in that thread........................creepy!

That is creepy, thumb him down.

#3213 4 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

That is creepy, thumb him down.

Done! Still super creepy though

#3214 4 years ago

Was thinking the same thing when I just saw it.....way out in left field.....thumbs down from me too...

#3215 4 years ago

I'm in like Flynn, Baby! Tron will be here in the A.M. Can I get a group bro hug or something?

What do we get with club membership? Is it simply the satisfaction of being awesomer?

#3216 4 years ago

The satisfaction of owning the greatest pin of the last decade should be suffice. But if you need more I can send you some videos of me lifting weights?

#3217 4 years ago

...in autographable orange stalkings

#3218 4 years ago

So, I have a clear Tron disc sitting in my cabinet. Have yet to put it on due to some of the previous flaking issues folks have had.

If I put it on, I'm thinking about buying a new plastic disc http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2539 to do a fresh install of the clear rubber with some 3M spray adhesive.

Any thoughts on this plan and the clear disc in general?

#3219 4 years ago

Clear disc is awesome, in general. I have one on both my Trons. One was a piece of cake to install (original black one peeled off like a banana skin). Second one was an absolute &^$@()$^&@^()%%@#@##^%!!!!er.

Do the clear disc, definitely. Get a new plastic and fresh install I reckon.

#3220 4 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

So, I have a clear Tron disc sitting in my cabinet. Have yet to put it on due to some of the previous flaking issues folks have had.
If I put it on, I'm thinking about buying a new plastic disc http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2539 to do a fresh install of the clear rubber with some 3M spray adhesive.

If you decide not to put it on, let me know. I'll buy it from you.

#3221 4 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Clear disc is awesome, in general. I have one on both my Trons. One was a piece of cake to install (original black one peeled off like a banana skin). Second one was an absolute &^$@()$^&@^()%%@#@##^%!!!!er.
Do the clear disc, definitely. Get a new plastic and fresh install I reckon.

Does the spray adhesive work well for this install?

#3222 4 years ago

Does the spray adhesive work well for this install?

Haven't tried that bit. I'm still running well on the sticky back that it came with.

#3223 4 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

...in autographable orange stalkings

For the record those are rugby socks you goof!

#3224 4 years ago

Definitely put it on!!!.....mine stays on fine, but original black came of clean....just used alcohol and elbow grease to make sure surface was totally ready....new disc may not be a bad idea....

#3225 4 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

For the record those are rugby socks you goof!

"rugby socks" made of Trontanium

#3226 4 years ago

Installed side decals on my Tron today. Super fancy.

image.jpg

#3227 4 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

I'm in like Flynn, Baby! Tron will be here in the A.M. Can I get a group bro hug or something?
What do we get with club membership? Is it simply the satisfaction of being awesomer?

Well she landed and it's much better than lamp. Wicked speed, great theme, awesome sounds/music...its even better than sweaty Centerflank pumping iron!

#3228 4 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

...its even better than sweaty Centerflank pumping iron!

Granted, by the narrowest of margins. Congrats Hougie and hook up a sub posthaste

#3229 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Granted, by the narrowest of margins. Congrats Hougie and hook up a sub posthaste

Yeah, I hooked it up to the sub next to Metallica right off the bat. Wicked awesome sound with that extra bass.

#3230 4 years ago

the sad thing is... i still haven't set up a sub to my tron or any of my other pins for that matter

Quoted from Erik:

#3231 4 years ago

Man you gotta do it EOL! I see you have ACDC too. That's a must! You can hook them both up to the same sub and double your pleasure

#3232 4 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

its even better than sweaty Centerflank pumping iron!

I don't know, we are going to have to go the judge on this one.

#3233 4 years ago

My old Tron was hooked up to external sub. My new one has FF speaker kit. I can say without a doubt that the external sub is a better solution although the FF isn't bad. IMO, of course.

#3234 4 years ago

I freaking love this game. The speed/flow/sounds are right up my alley. THIS is the game I've been looking for!

#3235 4 years ago

Anyone have an extra Quorra light runner car they don't want anymore? Kinda want one to install on my game. PM me if you've got one!

#3236 4 years ago

I haven't had any trouble with the rubber coming apart at all, but I have had problems with the 3M adhesive letting go over time. Mine is currently peeled about halfway off, waiting for me to remove/fix it.

#3237 4 years ago
Quoted from ignusfast:

I haven't had any trouble with the rubber coming apart at all, but I have had problems with the 3M adhesive letting go over time. Mine is currently peeled about halfway off, waiting for me to remove/fix it.

So, is it safe to say a fresh plastic disc and just use the adhesive on the rubber is the way to go?

Quoted from TimeBandit:

Haven't tried that bit. I'm still running well on the sticky back that it came with.

#3238 4 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

I freaking love this game. The speed/flow/sounds are right up my alley. THIS is the game I've been looking for!

Ummm...we told you that in the thread you started--glad you listened and got a Tron. Best game ever!

#3239 4 years ago

So, is it safe to say a fresh plastic disc and just use the adhesive on the rubber is the way to go?

Yes

#3240 4 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Yes, way better than the shadow. Not even close.

#3241 4 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Anyone have an extra Quorra light runner car they don't want anymore? Kinda want one to install on my game. PM me if you've got one!

Pretty sure I have four...

#3242 4 years ago

so, this is the perfect band for the Tron Prequel pinball machine...
time for me to talk to them about license use & even some new audio for pin !!

...and, got vip tix to see Front 242 in Houston this year

#3243 4 years ago

Had the mannequin hanging around......now just waiting for the wife to do her makeup, add some blacklight paint and add the blacklights........

Quorra lives.JPG
#3244 4 years ago

Mmm

image.jpg
#3245 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Mmm

image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

What the hell! That translite is awesome! (Except the bowling pin in it?). I would replace my "Girls" translite with that one. Where did you get it?

#3246 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Mmm

image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

looks interesting.... any pics of that bad boy lit up??

#3247 4 years ago

Ya my phone sucks showing it lit up, let's try again.

#3248 4 years ago

Haven't played my Tron LE in months… I think its calling me to play a few….

#3249 4 years ago

What the hell! That translite is awesome! (Except the bowling pin in it?). I would replace my "Girls" translite with that one. Where did you get it?

hahah I just noticed that. That is a reflection from my mantle....in my game room

#3250 4 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

Haven't played my TRON LE in months… I think its calling me to play a few….

He's alive, ALIVE !!!

young_frankenstein1-1.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Rancho Bernardo , CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
La, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 399.95
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 26.50
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 50.00
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 9063 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 182.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside