(Topic ID: 54093)

Official TRON lovefest thread, I love it more than Lightning Kitty.

By centerflank

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9,251 posts
  • 466 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by snaroff
  • Topic is favorited by 139 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is TRON super awesome or are you a hater?”

• TRON is unreal, centerflank is supersmart. 394 votes
    71%
  • TRON blows, voters for this option have a small dingy :( 102 votes
    18%
  • Never played TRON, but if Centerflank likes it, it must be fun!!!! 59 votes
    11%

(555 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,240 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

TRON Wall.jpg
Image 8-16-19 at 2.33 PM (resized).jpeg
6562534A-2277-4FB0-87DB-6FE301BFA387 (resized).jpeg
16FFBE1E-E1CA-4567-AEE7-67372E96B244 (resized).jpeg
6C186F29-9677-4D16-8F22-A62CF5B38F1F (resized).jpeg
F91E8EB0-318F-4E97-9D64-05C1BA6A0AF3 (resized).jpeg
391B3511-8217-4786-9917-60F3818D792E (resized).jpeg
D8C6B3B7-A9AD-4EBA-A5B7-F9BF6FBD043F (resized).jpeg
79E9CC73-FBBE-435A-B134-B3F540755ADA (resized).jpeg
961C656A-F8E7-44B8-877E-596B182A6FD5 (resized).jpeg
69897D74-B9C8-461C-B8C9-50597E3D99C1 (resized).jpeg
B2982FC6-34B6-486C-B1C7-42B73C83ED28 (resized).jpeg
6B1A83B5-89F8-4AC4-866D-A768DBC70E2B (resized).jpeg
IMG_2387 (resized).jpeg
9FA77E18-CAA0-4EAA-A751-867C30FDA061 (resized).jpeg
20190810_102415 (resized).jpg

There are 9251 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 186.
#3151 4 years ago

Well after 3 months of owning my Tron, I finally got to Portal. Funny thing was, I then got Portal a second time on the same day...

Pinball is a weird beast.

My question is, what do you do in Portal? Can it be finished and if so, how do you finish it? Is there anything after Portal or is that it?

#3152 4 years ago
Quoted from Mar:

Well after 3 months of owning my Tron, I finally got to Portal. Funny thing was, I then got Portal a second time on the same day...
Pinball is a weird beast.
My question is, what do you do in Portal? Can it be finished and if so, how do you finish it? Is there anything after Portal or is that it?

going to portal is a 1st (easy) step
but finishing portal is another story
than, to reply your ask, you have to lit ALL the insert of every lane/ramp shots... than big jackpot (even better with X2 running)

PS : when you lit all the insert of a shot, than you get add-a-ball

good luck

#3153 4 years ago

Anyone put led rings in devo hats? Trying to figure out how that would look

#3154 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Anyone put led rings in devo hats? Trying to figure out how that would look

cool idea.
that's hot

#3155 4 years ago
Quoted from bjorg:

Saw this thread about damaged playfields: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-after-4000-plays
Anyone have a recommendation how to best protect the TRON PF? I'm going to have nightmares that this might happen to my beloved LE before I get to protect it properly? And NO, not playing it is NOT an option!

I'm either overreacting or there is no good prevention for damaged playfields. Anyone have a recommendation or words of wisdom? Thanks!

#3156 4 years ago

Tron has mylar in the pops, mylar below the arcade cabinet, and there are aftermarket protectors for the scoop. You can add mylar anywhere you suspect may wear (shooter lane, ball drops, drain hole)

I don't know that Tron would wear like that particular PF anyways. That looks like something was not right with the manufacturing. Keep it clean and you should be fine

#3157 4 years ago

too protect my Tron, i take the balls out and just roll them around on the playfield glass

#3158 4 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

too protect my Tron, i take the balls out and just roll them around on the playfield glass

You let the balls touch the machine I just stand in front of it and imagine the balls moving around. Sometimes I imagine myself having a pretty good game.

#3159 4 years ago

...it's why i just had to replace the old glass with invisiglass. had too many fingerprints on the original glass to see the virgin playfield

#3161 4 years ago

wow, those were some really useful responses! glad i asked! :rollseyes:

#3162 4 years ago

Erik provided a good answer to your question bjorg. Clean the playfield regularly and change the balls out if they get scratched or nicked. Tron's pf is not known to have this issue, if it did, the owners would of spoken up. (were not shy) I say keep it clean and play on.

#3163 4 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

» YouTube video

Tell me more

#3164 4 years ago

i suppose the GI is linked on the inserts attract-mode, while these inserts are off !?

#3165 4 years ago

This just happened

IMG_4047.JPG IMG_4048.JPG
#3166 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

This just happened

IMG_4047.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
IMG_4048.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

Very nice!!!.....

#3167 4 years ago

Very cool!! How did you do that?

#3168 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

This just happened

i think you might like your Tron pinball

#3169 4 years ago
Quoted from bjorg:

Very cool!! How did you do that?

They are the clear/translucent pincabs with 24 5050 SMD LEDs on each leg. It has the Stern metal cabinet protectors so there is a small gap between the cabinet and the pincab that allows a tiny bit of space for the LEDs.

#3170 4 years ago

Also I have 4 Tron related vinyl stickers if any of my fellow Troniacs want one. PM me with your address and which one you want. Only requirement is you must own a Tron or you are Quorra.

IMG_4049.JPG
#3171 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Also I have 4 Tron related vinyl stickers if any of my fellow Troniacs want one. PM me with your address and which one you want. Only requirement is you must own a Tron or you are Quorra.

IMG_4049.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

PM sent! I am Quorra BTW so I qualify.

#3172 4 years ago

woahhhh.... mind offically blown.

you win erik! haha...

Quoted from Erik:

This just happened

#3173 4 years ago

Love the MCP sticker...not sure where on the game I could use it though..

#3174 4 years ago

Man wouldn't that be something if Olivia was a pinhead and frequented here. Man oh man.

#3175 4 years ago

This just in--Tron 3 gets started this Fall!

http://screenrant.com/tron-3-start-date/#.VP9_1xYqseY.mailto

#3176 4 years ago

sa-weet !

#3177 4 years ago

tearsofjoytr3n.png

#3178 4 years ago

YYEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!!

#3179 4 years ago

Tron Pro for sale at $9995.00

ebay.com link

Wow

It's not my LE

#3180 4 years ago

Oh…..automated……

Screen Shot 2015-03-14 at 1.58.37 PM.png

#3181 4 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Oh…..automated……
Screen Shot 2015-03-14 at 1.58.37 PM.png (Click image to enlarge)

It's March Madness...
come on down!! we've gone crazy and have got crazy deals !!!
this Sunday only!!! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY...
We've gone Mental with March Madness, our loss, your gain !!!

#3182 4 years ago

Good gravy......I installed a Flipper Fidelity sub in my TRON today and I get goosebumps everytime I play it.

Best soundtrack ever, best Stern ever and top 10 pin all day long!!!

#3183 4 years ago

Took these pix today at a game shop when picking up wrist bands for Sxsw next week

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#3184 4 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Tron Pro for sale at $9995.00
ebay.com link
Wow
It's not my LE

Well, it looks like many more reputable news sites have announced TRON 3 filming to begin this year for a 2016 release. Anyone have more concrete information? If so, perhaps there won't be a TRON Legacy VE as much as a new TRON pin in 2017?

IGN: http://www.ign.com/videos/2015/03/13/frozen-2-tron-3-and-more-hollywood-sequel-news-ign-keepin-it-reel-podcast (about 19:30 in)

#3185 4 years ago

If they don't use Daft Punk - don't bother.

EDIT: Oh, and if there is a TRON 3 - please Stern grab that license!

#3186 4 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

Man wouldn't that be something if Olivia was a pinhead and frequented here. Man oh man.

She can't hang out here, she's always at my place watching me play!

#3187 4 years ago

Installed Hallmark cycles and lit recognizer in my Tron. Mods done by Mr. Do/Flashymods.

image.jpg

#3188 4 years ago

Just had an old friend get back in touch and come by for a visit. Took him down to the pin dungeon and fired up all the machines and guess which one he immediately walked right up to and started a game on? Ba ba ba bum.

#3190 4 years ago

Hi guys, Steve aka hemiorange just started selling the mod I was telling you about on the marketplace and that other thread.

Awesome

For sale
I developed a new mod for all versions of TRON. It is special made UV interactive lighting effect that make the back board area come alive. I am selling them on my website for $40.00 plus shipping and they are plug in play for the connection, no soldering required. Also come with step-by-step pictured directions for the installation process, which is very easy done.

Here is a link to order yours today: http://pinballrefinery.com/store#!/TRON-UV-Battle-Arena-mod/p/48225733/category=4730949

Thanks,

Steve
Pinball Refinery
•Linked to ad listing: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/18088

•Added to the marketplace: March 14th, 2015

•Price: $ 40
•Located in: Muskegon, MI, USA

Expand all images

#3191 4 years ago

Woo hoo, waiting for my "no keylines/printing errors" white playfield to arrive, super exicted, this thing is gonna be ridiculous in my game. Da_Topper just sent me the tracking number for it.

369371-i.jpg
#3192 4 years ago

I think I like it, but it's difficult to tell what the kit is. Are there any pics of the kit as-ordered? A harness with a few light sockets to plug in line with existing flashers?

Thanks,
-Jason

Quoted from Darth_Chris:

I developed a new mod for all versions of TRON. It is special made UV interactive lighting effect that make the back board area come alive. I am selling them on my website for $40.00 plus shipping and they are plug in play for the connection, no soldering required. Also come with step-by-step pictured directions for the installation process, which is very easy done.

#3193 4 years ago
Quoted from jasonbar:

I think I like it, but it's difficult to tell what the kit is. Are there any pics of the kit as-ordered? A harness with a few light sockets to plug in line with existing flashers?
Thanks,-Jason

Since Steve installed it himself and I never got to see the pin before the Refinery job I can't honestly tell you. Contact Steve directly sure he will provide more details.

#3194 4 years ago

I ordered one. I can post pics of it when it arrives.

#3195 4 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Since Steve installed it himself and I never got to see the pin before the Refinery job I can't honestly tell you. Contact Steve directly sure he will provide more details.

Got mine installed last night, and looks sick!!! The UV makes the back third of the playfield " glow" in a cool way ( and varies in intensity as it's tied into the blue flashers on back panel)...REALLY adds a dynamic feel to the mode.....

Only drawback is it will make you take your eye off the ball to watch the interaction....massive drainage follows shortly.

I'll post some video in action tonight so you can see it, as long as there is no blatant reference to how bad I suck at the game!!!...mark

Hmm...maybe I'll shoot the video, and have my Son play.....

#3196 4 years ago

Here's video ( rookie on iPad) of the Battle UV mod offered by Chris @ pinball refinery on my TRONLE . It really creates a cool look, as the entire back area sort of glows w light....a nice "theme changer" without being too much ( uv LEDS are mounted on wood above glass channel firing down, so you don't see them at all...nice)....like it a lot!!!...mark

#3197 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Got mine installed last night, and looks sick!!! The UV makes the back third of the playfield " glow" in a cool way ( and varies in intensity as it's tied into the blue flashers on back panel)...REALLY adds a dynamic feel to the mode.....

Thanks for posting & for the video. Can you please explain what's in the kit?

Thanks,
-Jason

#3198 4 years ago
Quoted from jasonbar:

Thanks for posting & for the video. Can you please explain what's in the kit?
Thanks,
-Jason

Hi Jason,

The video is definitely only for reference , as the effect looks ALOT better in person during gameplay. I really had no idea how interactive the blue backboard flashers are with the game!!!

The kit itself is a custom, UV LED strip, wiring, and connector to replace existing interconnect for the blue flash circuit. Install is very easy. I did inquire about price ( seemed a little high) but Chris explained the UV strips are about 2.5x more expensive than the usual colors. They ( pinball refinery) have always been good to me, and am confident you will be blown away w the effect...truly adds a " scene" effect to several battle modes of the game...mark

#3199 4 years ago

Bump.

I'll keep the FLYNN LIVES decals for sale for about 1 more week ( https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flynn-lives-reverse-vinyl-decals ) & then donate the remaining inventory to Dean's annual March of Dimes fundraiser: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2015-march-of-dimes-arcadepinball-prize-raffle

Thanks,
-Jason

#3200 4 years ago

Tron 3 gains a title: Tron Ascension:
http://screenrant.com/tron-3-ascension-title/

Hopefully lots of new toys to put into our pins!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 26.50
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
There are 9251 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 186.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside