(Topic ID: 54093)

Official TRON lovefest thread, I love it more than Lightning Kitty.

By centerflank

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9,251 posts
  • 466 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by snaroff
  • Topic is favorited by 139 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is TRON super awesome or are you a hater?”

• TRON is unreal, centerflank is supersmart. 394 votes
    71%
  • TRON blows, voters for this option have a small dingy :( 102 votes
    18%
  • Never played TRON, but if Centerflank likes it, it must be fun!!!! 59 votes
    11%

(555 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,240 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

TRON Wall.jpg
Image 8-16-19 at 2.33 PM (resized).jpeg
6562534A-2277-4FB0-87DB-6FE301BFA387 (resized).jpeg
16FFBE1E-E1CA-4567-AEE7-67372E96B244 (resized).jpeg
6C186F29-9677-4D16-8F22-A62CF5B38F1F (resized).jpeg
F91E8EB0-318F-4E97-9D64-05C1BA6A0AF3 (resized).jpeg
391B3511-8217-4786-9917-60F3818D792E (resized).jpeg
D8C6B3B7-A9AD-4EBA-A5B7-F9BF6FBD043F (resized).jpeg
79E9CC73-FBBE-435A-B134-B3F540755ADA (resized).jpeg
961C656A-F8E7-44B8-877E-596B182A6FD5 (resized).jpeg
69897D74-B9C8-461C-B8C9-50597E3D99C1 (resized).jpeg
B2982FC6-34B6-486C-B1C7-42B73C83ED28 (resized).jpeg
6B1A83B5-89F8-4AC4-866D-A768DBC70E2B (resized).jpeg
IMG_2387 (resized).jpeg
9FA77E18-CAA0-4EAA-A751-867C30FDA061 (resized).jpeg
20190810_102415 (resized).jpg

There are 9251 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 186.
#3101 4 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

All this talk of Tron made me make a run up to my office this weekend to get a few games in. Played one game of Tron and reached SoS, and one game of TWD before I had to get back home for dinner.

nice office !

#3102 4 years ago

Pulse lives!!!

#3103 4 years ago

oh boys...

still feeling bad (to have sold my lamp), and cant "disconnect" from this topic !
have to call this a mind torture !?

#3104 4 years ago

You could always get one of these to fill the void...

image.jpg

#3105 4 years ago

Just added a tron pro to my collection. First things first, I ordered LEDs. Then i ordered the light cycles. It has a shaker in it, so I am wanting to add in some more mods. I want to do the EL wiring, but do not want to spend 400 bucks on a kit, so trying to find a cheaper way. A few questions:

Is there anyone else making a mini tron cab that doesn't cost 250 bucks, and also where can i find one of the cool toppers every one else has. I have pretty much spent my pin wad on the machine, so looking to add to it but not destroy my bank account.

#3106 4 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

Just added a tron pro to my collection. First things first, I ordered LEDs. Then i ordered the light cycles. It has a shaker in it, so I am wanting to add in some more mods. I want to do the EL wiring, but do not want to spend 400 bucks on a kit, so trying to find a cheaper way. A few questions:
Is there anyone else making a mini tron cab that doesn't cost 250 bucks, and also where can i find one of the cool toppers every one else has. I have pretty much spent my pin wad on the machine, so looking to add to it but not destroy my bank account.

You really don't want to go the 'cheap route' on the fiber optic mod (ELI's) or the arcade scoop.

There just is no equal, and I'm speaking from experience. If you really want to go cheap on the arcade scoop, I have one of the early mods. It was the one that had you mod the original Stern arcade with an LCD screen. Not nearly as cool as the current one, but does the job.

#3107 4 years ago

Dude, you are gonna have to get in the true Tron spirit or have your club membership revoked (sorry if I spoke out of turn, CF)! Tron is no game to cheap-out on the mods--do it right or don't bother...

#3108 4 years ago

All of your negative talk about lamps on this thread has led to this. Hope you are all happy....

lamp.jpg

#3109 4 years ago

It's trontagious

#3110 4 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

so looking to add to it but not destroy my bank account.

Bahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa!

#3111 4 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

You really don't want to go the 'cheap route' on the fiber optic mod (ELI's) or the arcade scoop.
There just is no equal, and I'm speaking from experience. If you really want to go cheap on the arcade scoop, I have one of the early mods. It was the one that had you mod the original Stern arcade with an LCD screen. Not nearly as cool as the current one, but does the job.

Trust me I want to do it up right! I may just hold off on the el and see how it looks with the LEDs installed. I really would like the new style arcade cabinet, but convincing my wife may be another battle all together! I did get a great deal on the tron however, so that may help convince her. If not I may be hitting you up for the old version!

#3112 4 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

Trust me I want to do it up right! I may just hold off on the el and see how it looks with the LEDs installed. I really would like the new style arcade cabinet, but convincing my wife may be another battle all together! I did get a great deal on the tron however, so that may help convince her. If not I may be hitting you up for the old version!

Modding tron takes up less space in her house than buying another pin

#3113 4 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

You could always get one of these to fill the void...

its just even more simple : i can get back my TRON LE from the actual owner, the pin is available, i got the money (as selling more than easilly my MET)...

BUT

1. it tooks me monthes to finally decide to sell it, the main fact was : as it, i can bought/sell others pins, and try/play something else home, making a turn over (at the moment only 1 pin home)
2. that's what i did, with xmen & st , while MET is still here
3. taking back the lamp, again i will be "prisonner" of the pin as than it will never leaves, that means no more turn over !?
4. my son told me i was stupid to sell it... now he says : you'll be even more stupid to bought it back (and he's right considering what i said here above)

than

#3114 4 years ago

Can the knowledgeable folk here tell me what the machine is saying when it sounds like "Roger Moore"? I just can't figure it out, and it says it a lot.

#3115 4 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Can the knowledgeable folk here tell me what the machine is saying when it sounds like "Roger Moore"? I just can't figure it out, and it says it a lot.

Who says it?

#3116 4 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Sorry I don't know the answer but all I can picture now is Roger Moore in Cannonball run....

I must warn you, I'm Roger Moore!
Who?
Roger Moore

Sorry continue with the thread.....

#3117 4 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

Eli's ramp mod is hands down the best mod you can add to Tron. I had a hard time spending the money on it too at first, but after getting it installed, I can say it was worth every penny! If you are tight on cash and can only do a few things to it, Eli's kit is a must! I know you said you want the arcade mod (it is awesome, I have the 3.1 version), but I can honestly say the novelty of it wears off. The ramp kit on the other hand does not and adds WAY more to the game play experience than the arcade mod does. If I had to choose between the 2 it would be Eli's ramp kit, hands down. Just my opinion. Hell, I couldn't even imagine playing a Tron without one now. It would seem incomplete.

#3118 4 years ago

It seems to be hard to get a hold of. Any idea how long it takes to get them in stock?

#3119 4 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

It seems to be hard to get a hold of. Any idea how long it takes to get them in stock?

Oh, that's a bummer. They must have recently sold out as they had stock a week or so ago. No clue how long it will take them to restock. Give them a shout and see what they say.

#3120 4 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

I'm Quorra?

#3122 4 years ago

Anyone stateside have an extra clear rubber disc they want to sell?

#3123 4 years ago

Which mezelmod target splints work with the ZUSE targets? I understand there are two piece and one piece

#3124 4 years ago

did someone near huntington beach sell a discs of tron disc-knob sticker on ebay today ?

#3126 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Which mezelmod target splints work with the ZUSE targets? I understand there are two piece and one piece

They are based on the width of the target. Looking at an image of the targets, it looks like three single piece and one two-piece (for the S).

However, I think only the Z and U move to block shots though, so you probably don't need to splint all four targets. I don't have game to look at as reference, but I'm looking at images online.

#3127 4 years ago
Quoted from callmesteam:

...I don't have game to look at as reference, but I'm looking at images online.

saddest sentence on pinside today

#3128 4 years ago

Its the really deep voice that says it. I can't even work out what causes it, but he's pretty frequent. Maybe hitting the recogniser targets?

#3130 4 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Rectify
» YouTube video

yup

#3131 4 years ago

Thanks, off to play and check it out. Been driving me crazy. I have to admit I am in love with the chick combo - that Quora to Gem double is mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

#3132 4 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

that Quora to Gem double is mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Yes it is. I love nailing them back-to-back, very satisfying shot especially with the shaker rumbling.

#3133 4 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

I love nailing them back-to-back, very satisfying shot

Muuuuust....resist....

#3134 4 years ago

No need to resist, I know what words I was typing. I will stand behind them.

#3135 4 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Thanks, off to play and check it out. Been driving me crazy. I have to admit I am in love with the chick combo - that Quora to Gem double is mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Don't go overboard, in the end they'll break your heart

#3136 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Don't go overboard, in the end they'll break your heart

Especially Gem she always playing hard to get!

#3137 4 years ago

Siren combo is the best.

#3138 4 years ago

be extra careful with Gem she likes to walk backward to confuse you lol

#3139 4 years ago

I've just recently purchased a HUO Tron. It's been a long time since I last was regularly playing pinball so me (and my 2 sons) are having a lot of fun. My wife not so much but I appreciate her agreeing with the purchase. As a newbie/rookie with home ownership I have a few questions I was hoping some people could answer. If there is a thread somewhere else that deals with these issues please direct me there.

1) What kind of maintenance schedule should I adhere to and what should it include.. i.e. should I Novus 1 the play field at specific intervals? Are there any products (like ammonia/windex) that need to be avoided? Should it be waxed periodically (the local retailer thinks it really is not necessary)

2) Do the balls need to be cleaned/inspected regularly? If so how should I clean them and what should I look for on inspection?

3) Are things like cliffy protectors necessary? I'm not a handyman to say the least so the less I mess with the playing field the better.

4) Any advice on board setup/altering factory defaults to make the game as forgiving as possible. Right now everybody's having a lot of fun and since we can just hit the start button at no charge nobody is really caring about short games/achieving little on progress ladder. However at some point we will actually want to achieve these things. I know Tron has a reputation as a tough game and would like to make it as reasonable as possible for me; my kids and their friends to achieve things. At least initially.

#3140 4 years ago
Quoted from west6926:

I've just recently purchased a HUO Tron. It's been a long time since I last was regularly playing pinball so me (and my 2 sons) are having a lot of fun. My wife not so much but I appreciate her agreeing with the purchase. As a newbie/rookie with home ownership I have a few questions I was hoping some people could answer. If there is a thread somewhere else that deals with these issues please direct me there.
1) What kind of maintenance schedule should I adhere to and what should it include.. i.e. should I Novus 1 the play field at specific intervals? Are there any products (like ammonia/windex) that need to be avoided? Should it be waxed periodically (the local retailer thinks it really is not necessary)
2) Do the balls need to be cleaned/inspected regularly? If so how should I clean them and what should I look for on inspection?
3) Are things like cliffy protectors necessary? I'm not a handyman to say the least so the less I mess with the playing field the better.
4) Any advice on board setup/altering factory defaults to make the game as forgiving as possible. Right now everybody's having a lot of fun and since we can just hit the start button at no charge nobody is really caring about short games/achieving little on progress ladder. However at some point we will actually want to achieve these things. I know Tron has a reputation as a tough game and would like to make it as reasonable as possible for me; my kids and their friends to achieve things. At least initially.

1) What kind of maintenance schedule should I adhere to and what should it include.. i.e. should I Novus 1 the play field at specific intervals?
A: depends on how much y'all play. look dirty? clean-er-up

A: replace all the balls now. cheap and helps protect playfield parts.

A: not necessary, but does prevent damage to playfield spots.

A.1: play more it's a tough game, but that's what makes playing more & more part of being rewarding.
A.2: lower the posts above the left and right out-lanes
A.3: put on superbands for the 3 flippers. gives you more ball control, as they catch/hold the ball more than standard flipper rubbers.
A.4: add more balls per game.
A.5: worst case, you can put rubber-bands on it to block both the left & right out-lanes. Decrease the incline of the game to slow the balls down.

#3141 4 years ago

Depending on which run this is, it would be a good idea to get the cliffys for the ramp and arcade scoop. Dont want to have to replace those ramps.

#3142 4 years ago

I have an LE. Do you suggest cliffy protectors for that run

#3143 4 years ago
Quoted from west6926:

I have an LE. Do you suggest cliffy protectors for that run

No. The LE comes with unbreakable plastic.

#3145 4 years ago

All good advice except from that smartass QG

I wax the pf and novus the ramps every month or so. Not everyone waxes but I like the additional layer of protection and speed.

Definitely get the cliffies. One day the ramps may be impossible to find. I also mylar the shooter lane.

Rather than setting the game to 5 ball, set it to an extra ball at 25M or some value that is achievable but not easy.

Also if you have a powered subwoofer on hand you owe it to your boys to hook it up

#3146 4 years ago

Ok, question for you tronnies. I have a Met pro, and acdc pro, and now have a tron. The flippers on the tron seem to be a little more clunky, not as smooth as the others. The acdc is by far the smoothest of them. Not sure if need to rebuild the flippers or not, as have never played another tron besides mine. I would imagine all stern flippers should in theory act the same way, but these seem different then the others, almost heavier. Is it supposed to act this way, does yours feel different then other sterns? thanks!

#3147 4 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

Ok, question for you tronnies. I have a Met pro, and acdc pro, and now have a tron. The flippers on the tron seem to be a little more clunky, not as smooth as the others. The acdc is by far the smoothest of them. Not sure if need to rebuild the flippers or not, as have never played another tron besides mine. I would imagine all stern flippers should in theory act the same way, but these seem different then the others, almost heavier. Is it supposed to act this way, does yours feel different then other sterns? thanks!

Can you take a video with the glass off so we can see the flippers and hear them?

#3148 4 years ago

Saw this thread about damaged playfields: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-after-4000-plays

Anyone have a recommendation how to best protect the TRON PF? I'm going to have nightmares that this might happen to my beloved LE before I get to protect it properly? And NO, not playing it is NOT an option!

#3149 4 years ago
Quoted from callmesteam:

They are based on the width of the target. Looking at an image of the targets, it looks like three single piece and one two-piece (for the S).
However, I think only the Z and U move to block shots though, so you probably don't need to splint all four targets. I don't have game to look at as reference, but I'm looking at images online.

I just finished putting splints on my Tron. I bought 3 small ones and 1 large. Something of note.... you can only install 2 of the smaller ones (on the 'Z' and the 'U' targets). The 3rd small standup target ('E') is positioned too closely to the Flynn scoop... there's just not enough space. Like stated though, this target doesn't really need the splint.

My machine really needed this and I'm happy with the product.

#3150 4 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

Yes! Finally someone with the same level of hyperfocus as me. My Trons (both) have "clunky" flippers, as did my ST Prem. It's like there is just some type of layer of silkiness that has not been installed at the factory. They work fine, are not weak or failing in any way. They just seem to bang around like an old tractor. Sometimes it feels like it's in the flippers, but other times it feels like it's in the way the cabinet is transferring the noise and feel. Very hard to nail down.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
There are 9251 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 186.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside