(Topic ID: 54093)

Official TRON lovefest thread, I love it more than Lightning Kitty.

By centerflank

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9,273 posts
  • 469 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by insx
  • Topic is favorited by 142 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is TRON super awesome or are you a hater?”

• TRON is unreal, centerflank is supersmart. 396 votes
    71%
  • TRON blows, voters for this option have a small dingy :( 102 votes
    18%
  • Never played TRON, but if Centerflank likes it, it must be fun!!!! 59 votes
    11%

(557 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,255 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

C3274E82-5928-4425-80FC-82E5869342BA (resized).png
IMG_2493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2438 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5562 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5564 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5557 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5554 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5548 (resized).jpeg
A60145C3-9132-4708-AE36-D7570E45B8CA (resized).jpeg
20190801_215929 (resized).jpg
IMG_2437 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2436 (resized).jpeg
TRON Wall.jpg

There are 9273 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 186.
#3051 4 years ago

You can probably blame me for that. I didn't specify to them which LEDs I was using. Let me check it out when I get home tonight and I'll see for sure if I'm using the ones they sent me or my own LED strips..may not be able to tell other than finding out which style of LED is in there for sure.

I don't even remember if they ever send me a final "kit" or just the last revision of the bank itself. The first one had some reinforcement bars on the back that required some modelling quirks that we were able to eliminate from the design to make it easier to print.

I would bet 20 bucks I open up my game tonight and it's held together with my alligator clip jumpers and was never "properly" wired lol...

#3052 4 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Yes, the PIG2 does the pulsing effect, and turns it down and solid lit when it drops down. The LEDs I used on my original one are just normal strips of NON waterproof 5050 SMD LEDs....commonly available about damn near everywhere. I would have to check to see if I used LEDs they sent me or not. I honestly don't remember, but there shouldn't be much variance in 12v blue LEDs really. Dumb question, but your blue strip is connected to the *flasher* socket under the TRON insert, right?
I provided them plenty of pictures for the install? There was at least one pic for every step....
aaaaand...I don't see them anywhere on the site. I'll talk to them about it. At least have them put up the video link.

I'm trying to get an alternating pulse out of the PIG2 ...have one strip of orange, and one strip of blue (under and backbox) can't figure out how to get them to alternate....right now, I've got the orange pulsing, and blue unplugged(they are both triggered for flashing too)...any insight?...thanks....mark

#3053 4 years ago

outs 1 - orange pulse, 2- orange flash, 3 - blue pulse, 4- blue flash....I've messed w delay times/ length of pulse, but can't get them to alternate (they pulse simultaneously).....

#3054 4 years ago

Sorry, this is specifically for the Recognizer bank, or something else?

The "flash" function on the recognizer mod is NOT controlled by the PIG2 at all...the blue strip on it is completely independent.. it's wired into the insert flasher.

#3055 4 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Sorry, this is specifically for the Recognizer bank, or something else?
The "flash" function on the recognizer mod is NOT controlled by the PIG2 at all...the blue strip on it is completely independent.. it's wired into the insert flasher.

Sorry....yes a bit off topic....this is for my TRONLE, as well...just wasn't sure if you had dabbled in alternating pulses....Mike is trying to set it up on his bench....saw the thread and decided to reach out....thanks.....

#3056 4 years ago

No, I haven't, because I didn't want to use all my inputs and outputs just to control one mod.

I don't know that there'd be a good way to do this without there being some additional logic in the PIG2's ability set. It's easy enough to have one thing turn on and another turn off with the same switch, but having them both be on and alternating...well.... not so simple. As you've seen, fiddling with the delays to try and make it appear it's doing something complex like that is not very easy.

I dunno if he's using a FPGA for the PIG2 or what...if he is, there might be more room to expand the command set to have an instruction that would be like

ON SWITCH -> Activate Mod 1 and Mod2 -> Play defined effect 1 time for mod 1, then 1 time for mod 2 -> Go to end, or cycle as appropriate.

IF this was implementable, I'd suggest a "MULTIMOD=" flag name for the config file, where the configuration would just be the output port numbers. So 1234 would cycle each port in sequence with the defined effect before terminating the loop or repeating. 13 would do port 1 and port 3, etc...

#3057 4 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

No, I haven't, because I didn't want to use all my inputs and outputs just to control one mod.
I don't know that there'd be a good way to do this without there being some additional logic in the PIG2's ability set. It's easy enough to have one thing turn on and another turn off with the same switch, but having them both be on and alternating...well.... not so simple. As you've seen, fiddling with the delays to try and make it appear it's doing something complex like that is not very easy.
I dunno if he's using a FPGA for the PIG2 or what...if he is, there might be more room to expand the command set to have an instruction that would be like
ON SWITCH -> Activate Mod 1 and Mod2 -> Play defined effect 1 time for mod 1, then 1 time for mod 2 -> Go to end, or cycle as appropriate.
IF this was implementable, I'd suggest a "MULTIMOD=" flag name for the config file, where the configuration would just be the output port numbers. So 1234 would cycle each port in sequence with the defined effect before terminating the loop or repeating. 13 would do port 1 and port 3, etc...

Exactly.....I'm pulling the flashers up ( can free up 2 of the outputs) then thinking about using triggers of sort to start one pulse cycle, then the other ( have 1 and 3 inverted to keep the pulse going)...tinkering, tinkering....thanks for the suggestions....

#3058 4 years ago

Well....let's get this back on point.

TRON is the best pin, ever!

images-1.jpeg
#3059 4 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

images-1.jpeg 5 KB

Agreed!!!

#3060 4 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

images-1.jpeg 5 KB

word... to sam's mother ...

#3061 4 years ago

We have 5 Tron Mini Arcade Cabs 3.1v available for shipping this week.
http://www.usbjig.com/tronminicab.html

More info in this post.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-mini-arcade-cabinet-we-are-now-taking-preorders-for-the-second-run

Thanks.
Mark

#3062 4 years ago

How many of these items have you sold total overall?

#3063 4 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

How many of these items have you sold total overall?

And what was your net profit last year on them

#3064 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

outs 1 - orange pulse, 2- orange flash, 3 - blue pulse, 4- blue flash....I've messed w delay times/ length of pulse, but can't get them to alternate (they pulse simultaneously).....

My ramp light driver board will do it. I'll code it and post a vid.

#3065 4 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

And what was your net profit last year on them

...and
...and
...and how many did I buy??

And where's the assembly line pix?
What color box do they ship in?
Think I saw some tearing

#3066 4 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

My ramp light driver board will do it. I'll code it and post a vid.

Yes, yes please....alternating blue and orange under cab will rock!!!....back on topic....TRON is supreme!!!

#3067 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Yes, yes please....alternating blue and orange under cab will rock!!!....back on topic....TRON is supreme!!!

Shouldn't you change your name to MK8PIN?

#3068 4 years ago

Shouldn't you change your name to MK8PIN?

Ha....no....6 members in my family....although I have a son in law and my first grandchild on the way in a month!!! I might count my grand daughter, but son in law? What do ye say...Pinside?

#3069 4 years ago

Flank...please weigh in on this...immediate family, correct?....

#3070 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Flank...please weigh in on this...immediate family, correct?....

No son in laws, they change too frequently

#3071 4 years ago

Son in Law NO count!!! He will break your daughters heart sooner or later because we men are morons.

#3072 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

This sort of thing?

#3073 4 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Son in Law NO count!!! He will break your daughters heart sooner or later because we men are morons.

Exactly!!!....I may have to move to "MK7PIN" after she's born....blood you know....I tolerate the Son in Law, but no entitlement on my Pinside account!!!

#3074 4 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

This sort of thing?
» YouTube video

Close...I have one strip of orange and one strip of blue under cabinet and back box...I want them to continually alternate pulse ( minimal overlap)....already tied them into individual flash circuits for game play, but a pulsing TRON will simply look badass!!!

#3075 4 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Hoping his moron factor is low...I'm not sure how I'm going to handle it if he screws up w my daughter or grand daughter....but it won't be pretty, for sure....

#3076 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Hoping his moron factor is low...I'm not sure how I'm going to handle it if he screws up w my daughter or grand daughter....but it won't be pretty, for sure....

#3077 4 years ago

Tron is in the house and like the saying : good things comes to those who have the patience to wait.

Details:
Bought it NIB from Trent
Had it ship to Steve at Pinball Refinery for a modding pit stop

Awesome. Steve and Gio even invented a new mod for my game and they intend to sell it soon.

Black lights UV lightshow going on on the artwork in the back. No pictures or videos will give it justice.

I will post pictures and try to capture the action as much as I can but you still have to see it in person to enjoy it. Like a lightning storm going on link to the shots. Black lights effects really makes you feel you are in Tron.

Thanks to Trent and Steve and Gio at Pinballrefinery.com

#3078 4 years ago

The blacklight backbox sounds awesome. Which translite are you using it with?

#3079 4 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

This sort of thing?
» YouTube video

This is fk'''ing rad.

When is your board for sale again, and how hard to make custom effects on user side? lol.

#3080 4 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

The blacklight backbox sounds awesome. Which translite are you using it with?

Not the backbox. The art in the back of the playfield.

#3081 4 years ago

Just installed ELI's ramp mod. I always love a good lightshow in my pins but this is insane. I feel like clubing again hahahaha.

Awesome

#3082 4 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

This is fk'''ing rad.
When is your board for sale again, and how hard to make custom effects on user side? lol.

Thanks, yeah it can do some mad stuff. It is sooooo close to ready, but now being held up by Chinese new year in terms of getting production started. My model in terms of coding for now is that I will do it for you by request if people want something custom over and above what the plug and play versions will do. Because of the way I have designed the code it seriously takes me only minutes to do stuff like this from scratch, but for an end user they would have to install atmel studio blah blah blah. I will code, email the code file and you drop it in via USB. You just tell me what you want it to do. And I will do that for free of course.

#3083 4 years ago

My new Tron is coming along nicely! I absolutely love this game! Tons of mods I just added custom metallic orange and blue combo armor with orange and blue EL lighting on the rails and hinges. I know it won't appeal to everyone, but I love it! Pics do not do it justice.

image.jpg

image-759.jpg

image-556.jpg

image-977.jpg

image-615.jpg

image-415.jpg

image-651.jpg

#3084 4 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

My new Tron is coming along nicely! I absolutely love this game! Tons of mods I just added custom metallic orange and blue combo armor with orange and blue EL lighting on the rails and hinges. I know it won't appeal to everyone, but I love it! Pics do not

image.jpg 199 KB

image-759.jpg 183 KB

image-556.jpg 190 KB

image-977.jpg 219 KB

image-615.jpg 220 KB

image-415.jpg 198 KB

image-651.jpg 210 KB

Quoted from Nelly:

My new Tron is coming along nicely! I absolutely love this game! Tons of mods I just added custom metallic orange and blue combo armor with orange and blue EL lighting on the rails and hinges. I know it won't appeal to everyone, but I love it! Pics do not do it justice.

image.jpg 199 KB

image-759.jpg 183 KB

image-556.jpg 190 KB

image-977.jpg 219 KB

image-615.jpg 220 KB

image-415.jpg 198 KB

image-651.jpg 210 KB

Whoa!!! I like it ALOT!!!.....looks great.....mark

#3085 4 years ago

Apparently so much, I quoted your post twice.

#3086 4 years ago

Was playing mine last night.....had a shot come out of the clear disc w so much spin, it fired STTM, into the apron ( was sure I lost it) and came right back out and into the scoop!!! Unbelievable action on some of those shots!!! ( I was not drinking, btw...actually happened)..

#3087 4 years ago

We need a camera mod to record all the weird ball spin tricks!

#3088 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Agreed!!!

#3089 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

The ball does occasionally change direction and start traveling *up* the playfield without having contacted anything, right?

#3090 4 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

The ball does occasionally change direction and start traveling *up* the playfield without having contacted anything, right?

Yep

#3091 4 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Big time, coming out of the disc!!! I've had them come out, go about half way towards the drain, and shoot up the right ramp a few times!!! The clear one really puts action on the ball....

Always thought magnets made the ball do the strangest things....this is very close....

#3092 4 years ago

Anyone know what happened to Keebler? He used to post here a lot but vanished all of a sudden?

#3093 4 years ago

He got into the cookie hobby over at cookieside.com

#3094 4 years ago

So I was playing around with making the head trim match my combo armor. What do you guys think? Better than the chrome or too much? I basically just used transparent blue and orange vinyl over the chrome trim, so it is completely reversible.

image-714.jpg

image-648.jpg

image-837.jpg

#3095 4 years ago

Isn't the Orange and blue colours on the wrong sides for the trim?

#3096 4 years ago

Isn't the Orange and blue colours on the wrong sides?

no

#3097 4 years ago

Tron is so pretty
Playing Tron wile listening to Helloween that's a great way to spend a Saturday night.

Tron.jpg
#3098 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

as others said, not only climbing the right ramp
i remember 1 time a stunning return right STDM, "bang" on the metal piece, than goes left to came back thrue the left outlane and on the playfield

#3099 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

as others said, not only climbing the right ramp
i remember 1 time a stunning return right STDM, "bang" on the metal piece, than goes left to came back thrue the left outlane and on the playfield

i had that happen this week, but spun up the right outlane and back into play. that is too cool.
last night, during quorra multiball, had one come spinning down the middle, hits another ball, goes airborn, and lands in the right ramp over near the Flynn's arcade. That was a new one.

#3100 4 years ago

All this talk of Tron made me make a run up to my office this weekend to get a few games in. Played one game of Tron and reached SoS, and one game of TWD before I had to get back home for dinner.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
There are 9273 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 186.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside