tron1 (resized).jpg
tron2 (resized).jpg
IMG_4921 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4920 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6148 (resized).png
IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
There are 11,649 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 233.
#3001 9 years ago

#3002 9 years ago

#3003 9 years ago

#3004 9 years ago

I need to put some of my mods on my game :/

#3005 9 years ago

bwaaahhh!! but its GO TIME buddy.

Quoted from labnip:

Something funny about this Tron

image.jpg 51 KB

#3006 9 years ago

Looks to be a virtual pinball someone made....I had to look about 5 times to figure it out lol...

#3007 9 years ago

Just joined the club. Hookers and blow supplied gratis, no?

#3008 9 years ago
Quoted from finalboss:

Just joined the club. Hookers and blow supplied gratis, no?

Yes. Yes they are. PM Centerflank for details.

#3009 9 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Yes. Yes they are. PM Centerflank for details.

Join in the next 30 minutes and receive one free box of Shasta

#3010 9 years ago

Mod opportunity!!! This bulb under the right ramp burns my eyeballs. It needs some sort of colored plastic over it. Or maybe something with a risque Gem pose?

IMG_20150213_164036630.jpgIMG_20150213_164036630.jpg
#3011 9 years ago

I agree Erik. I have tried all kinds of different bulbs and ended up putting a incandescent back in. It would be cool if that corner of the ramp was somehow tinted blue. Would painting the underside work?

#3012 9 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Mod opportunity!!! This bulb under the right ramp burns my eyeballs. It needs some sort of colored plastic over it. Or maybe something with a risque Gem pose?

IMG_20150213_164036630.jpg 198 KB

Why isn't that LED blue
I have a frosted blue in mine and it doesn't hurt my eyes at all.

#3013 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Why isn't that LED blue
I have a frosted blue in mine and it doesn't hurt my eyes at all.

You're my boy Blue !!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#3014 9 years ago

Why isn't that LED blue

bulbs.jpegbulbs.jpeg

I got the fancy LEDs from comet but have never installed them except in a few spots. I have a problem with that kind of thing. I might try a frosted bulb but still I think I would prefer a colored plastic!

Edit: also I don't like stickers that go on the underside of ramps like in BSD and MM. Those always look like crap to me!

#3015 9 years ago

Just get a blue incandescent. They're pretty dim...at least the ones I pulled out of my Congo last night are.

#3016 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Just get a blue incandescent. They're pretty dim...at least the ones I pulled out of my Congo last night are.

Ok so that's the other thing. I'm not so wild about colored GI

Yes I have issues.

#3017 9 years ago

I've owned two Trons. I never got blow or my hookers. Centerflank is failing. Someone needs to help him out. :[

#3018 9 years ago
Quoted from Quiddity:

I've owned two Trons. I never got blow or my hookers. Centerflank is failing. Someone needs to help him out. :[

There's an extra sign-up form needed when joining the secret fraternal order to fill in.
It's usually provided after the public spankin's

#3019 9 years ago
Quoted from Quiddity:

This doesn't sound promising. I feel like my expectations aren't being met here.

#3020 9 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Ok so that's the other thing. I'm not so wild about colored GI
Yes I have issues.

This is really bordering on hypocritical. I don't mean to be real harsh about it, but you don't want an under ramp decal, you don't want LED, and you don't want colored incandescent but you DO want a colored plastic above the bulb which will do the same bloody thing as a colored incandescent.

Just take out the bulb, or put a resistor inline with it to drop the light output. Maybe try a 47. I don't know anything else you can do that would be "satisfactory". Maybe try putting some car window tint on the bulb!?

#3021 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

There's an extra sign-up form needed when joining the secret fraternal order to fill in.
It's usually provided after the public spankin's

Usually, hazing would have to be something the haze-ee would not enjoy. Just saying.

#3022 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

This is really bordering on hypocritical. I don't mean to be real harsh about it, but you don't want an under ramp decal, you don't want LED, and you don't want colored incandescent but you DO want a colored plastic above the bulb which will do the same bloody thing as a colored incandescent.
Just take out the bulb, or put a resistor inline with it to drop the light output. Maybe try a 47. I don't know anything else you can do that would be "satisfactory". Maybe try putting some car window tint on the bulb!?

Yes you understand my many requirements perfectly! I hadn't considered a 47 and that's a good suggestion. But one day I may get motivated to install all the LEDs so then I'd be stuck again. Then again maybe some of the frosted ones are pretty dim.

A custom plastic would be ideal

Edit: Also probably goes without saying, but I don't like bulb condoms either, if they even make white ones.

#3023 9 years ago

Actually, they do make white ones--they look kinda spiffy in the right location.

#3024 9 years ago

Got several sheets of invisiglass.
Put 1st sheet in Tron LE, of course

Here's before and after pix:

Before (original glass - see sticker in top-left corner) with DMD gaurd off
image-906.jpgimage-906.jpg

With invisiglass and dmd guard
image-661.jpgimage-661.jpg

Close up with new glass

image-513.jpgimage-513.jpg

#3025 9 years ago

Woof, time to shop that sucker out.

#3026 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Lol!
Apparently there's more love for Q*bert

Post edited by QuarterGrabber: mispelled Q*bert

#3027 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Come on down

#3028 9 years ago

Lol!
Apparently there's more love for Qbert

Q*bert needs a HEP treatment.
That'd be frickin' awesome.

#3029 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Come on down

For real, we will be in Austin this weekend. Would take me like 10 minutes to clean that up, assuming the backboard comes off the LE the same way it does on the pro. Not exactly sure how the recognizer motor mounts...asked a while back, nobody seemed eager to post pictures of it.

Oh, and I play a hell of a game of Q-Bert's Quest.

#3030 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

For real, we will be in Austin this weekend. Would take me like 10 minutes to clean that up, assuming the backboard comes off the LE the same way it does on the pro. Not exactly sure how the recognizer motor mounts...asked a while back, nobody seemed eager to post pictures of it.
Oh, and I play a hell of a game of Q-Bert's Quest.

Dohhh.... I'm heading to airport in just a bit to go to Lafayette today. Just down the road from Tigerlaw.

Just my luck

#3031 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Dohhh.... I'm heading to airport in just a bit to go to Lafayette today. Just down the road from Tigerlaw.
Just my luck

Fly me back that Lawman that's for sale there...for the love of god.

We'll be in town on Saturday for Ingress anomaly event.

#3032 9 years ago

Was playing this Tron game on flight.
Had it for a while on iPhone.
Free game.
Has a light cycle and a tank game.
Light cycle is my fav.
Takes a while to get good.

Here's some pix.

image-291.jpgimage-291.jpgimage-778.jpgimage-778.jpgimage-381.jpgimage-381.jpgimage-368.jpgimage-368.jpgimage-425.jpgimage-425.jpgimage-384.jpgimage-384.jpg

#3033 9 years ago

Installed this little gem last week. One of my favourite mods.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#3034 9 years ago

Installed this little gem last week. One of my favourite mods.

image.jpg 223 KB

Nice !!
How do you like it when playing?
add a little extra somethin' ?

#3035 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Nice !!
How do you like it when playing?
add a little extra somethin' ?

Yeah, it looks awesome plus when you hit the three bank target it flashes blue which is super cool. One thing though is don't follow the instructions on where to place the blue LED strip. It tells you to place it at the bottom of the motor bracket, which I did at first, and I couldn't see the blue at all. Then I moved the blue strip and placed it directly under the red LED strip, much better, then I could see the blue. You have to bend the diod forward just a bit but well worth it.

#3036 9 years ago

good to know... been thinking about doing it.

#3037 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

You should, totally worth it.

#3038 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

And installation was easy, even a knob like me could do it

#3039 9 years ago

And installation was easy, even a knob like me could do it

i'm just a latch, so might be harder for me

#3040 9 years ago

Don't forget if you take the pf backboard off (4screws) you can easily clean that outer loop. Its that stupid black disc pad, leaves black everywhere. Ever since I put that clear disc pad from the German guys the game barely gets dirty.

#3041 9 years ago

. It tells you to place it at the bottom of the motor bracket, which I did at first, and I couldn't see the blue at all

I suspect that's because your GI is so blue already. Absolutely nothing wrong to moving position to suit as long as you're not shorting anything out. I still have incandescent GI in mine, about to put LEDs in a few days, so I might have to fiddle with mine too. In my machine, it's VERY obvious effect...like the red and blue mix and you get a bright violet flash.

Lab, if you have questions about the install....I wrote the instructions. And stuff. lol. I also have a video walkthrough on youtube.

(shows Pig2 control and flasher hit on my game..)

#3042 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Just my luck

If you're gonna be back in town by next weekend, I think we're arranging a meetup at Pinballz sometime later Saturday evening. (Otherwise I'm pretty sure we already had a TPF happy hour meet up planned. )

#3043 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I suspect that's because your GI is so blue already. Absolutely nothing wrong to moving position to suit as long as you're not shorting anything out. I still have incandescent GI in mine, about to put LEDs in a few days, so I might have to fiddle with mine too. In my machine, it's VERY obvious effect...like the red and blue mix and you get a bright violet flash.
Lab, if you have questions about the install....I wrote the instructions. And stuff. lol. I also have a video walkthrough on youtube.
» YouTube video

Ah man it would have been nice to know that video instructions existed before I painstakingly followed the instructions on their website with no pictures and tried to figure it out

Also maybe something is wrong with mine? I couldn't notice mine at all when it was on the bottom and it certainly didn't make the inserts flash. Your blue is super bright, way brighter then mine is, even in its new placement. Maybe Mezel mods is using a weaker LED in the production models? Also my red doesn't strob like that? Pig 2?

#3044 9 years ago

Yeah, it looks awesome plus when you hit the three bank target it flashes blue which is super cool. One thing though is don't follow the instructions on where to place the blue LED strip. It tells you to place it at the bottom of the motor bracket, which I did at first, and I couldn't see the blue at all. Then I moved the blue strip and placed it directly under the red LED strip, much better, then I could see the blue. You have to bend the diod forward just a bit but well worth it.

...just admit it once and for all... "mr, I can't see the blue light"
you're johnny depp !

johnny-depp-BLUE-glasses.jpgjohnny-depp-BLUE-glasses.jpg

#3045 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

...just admit it once and for all... "mr, I can't see the blue light"
you're johnny depp !

johnny-depp-BLUE-glasses.jpg 23 KB

I wish

#3046 9 years ago

Also my red doesn't strob like that? Pig 2?

Yes, the PIG2 does the pulsing effect, and turns it down and solid lit when it drops down. The LEDs I used on my original one are just normal strips of NON waterproof 5050 SMD LEDs....commonly available about damn near everywhere. I would have to check to see if I used LEDs they sent me or not. I honestly don't remember, but there shouldn't be much variance in 12v blue LEDs really. Dumb question, but your blue strip is connected to the *flasher* socket under the TRON insert, right?

I provided them plenty of pictures for the install? There was at least one pic for every step....

aaaaand...I don't see them anywhere on the site. I'll talk to them about it. At least have them put up the video link.

#3047 9 years ago

See if this link works....should be the playlist for the videos...was wondering why nobody had mocked my horrible narration yet.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAaDMl0zPML5f7FXDOZ9UBqn6EDJZHmMQ

#3048 9 years ago

Some pics from the batch I sent them....

20141205_222058-1.jpg20141205_222058-1.jpg 20141205_213915-1-1.jpg20141205_213915-1-1.jpg 20141205_233739-1.jpg20141205_233739-1.jpg
#3049 9 years ago

Decisions, decisions.........if you cant decide which, just go with both!

Tron 4-1.jpgTron 4-1.jpg

#3050 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Yes, the PIG2 does the pulsing effect, and turns it down and solid lit when it drops down. The LEDs I used on my original one are just normal strips of NON waterproof 5050 SMD LEDs....commonly available about damn near everywhere. I would have to check to see if I used LEDs they sent me or not. I honestly don't remember, but there shouldn't be much variance in 12v blue LEDs really. Dumb question, but your blue strip is connected to the *flasher* socket under the TRON insert, right?
I provided them plenty of pictures for the install? There was at least one pic for every step....
aaaaand...I don't see them anywhere on the site. I'll talk to them about it. At least have them put up the video link.

Yeah no pictures in the instructions was very frustrating. If they put the pics you posted above with the instructions on their website it would have made things easier. Yes I have mine hooked up the same way you do in your pics except the blue LED location, I placed it under the red LED. The 5050 strips are the brighter strips, maybe they used the dimmer ones, I think they're 3020, in the production units. I can switch those out easy though.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 26.50
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

There are 11,649 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/61 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.