(Topic ID: 54093)

Official TRON lovefest thread, I love it more than Lightning Kitty.

By centerflank

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9,259 posts
  • 467 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by monkeyboypaul
  • Topic is favorited by 139 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is TRON super awesome or are you a hater?”

• TRON is unreal, centerflank is supersmart. 394 votes
    71%
  • TRON blows, voters for this option have a small dingy :( 102 votes
    18%
  • Never played TRON, but if Centerflank likes it, it must be fun!!!! 59 votes
    11%

(555 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,243 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190801_215929 (resized).jpg
IMG_2437 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2436 (resized).jpeg
TRON Wall.jpg
Image 8-16-19 at 2.33 PM (resized).jpeg
6562534A-2277-4FB0-87DB-6FE301BFA387 (resized).jpeg
16FFBE1E-E1CA-4567-AEE7-67372E96B244 (resized).jpeg
6C186F29-9677-4D16-8F22-A62CF5B38F1F (resized).jpeg
F91E8EB0-318F-4E97-9D64-05C1BA6A0AF3 (resized).jpeg
391B3511-8217-4786-9917-60F3818D792E (resized).jpeg
D8C6B3B7-A9AD-4EBA-A5B7-F9BF6FBD043F (resized).jpeg
79E9CC73-FBBE-435A-B134-B3F540755ADA (resized).jpeg
961C656A-F8E7-44B8-877E-596B182A6FD5 (resized).jpeg
69897D74-B9C8-461C-B8C9-50597E3D99C1 (resized).jpeg
B2982FC6-34B6-486C-B1C7-42B73C83ED28 (resized).jpeg
6B1A83B5-89F8-4AC4-866D-A768DBC70E2B (resized).jpeg

There are 9259 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 186.
#2501 4 years ago

So I heard you guys like Tron.

image-743.jpg

#2502 4 years ago

nice couple, a match made in heaven. Is the video game any good? Never played it myself.

#2503 4 years ago

I think it's the coolest video game of its time. Looks awesome with the black lights, it has good audio, and the lightcycle mode is fantastic. Tank mode spanks me tho

#2504 4 years ago

Some love the gameplay, others not so much. I'm somewhere in the middle--not my absolute favorite arcade video game to play (hello, Tempest) but it's one of the best looking video game cabinets ever designed, IMO. Created by some guy you may know named George Gomez: http://peterhirschberg.blogspot.com/2008/04/mini-interview-with-designer-of-tron.html

#2505 4 years ago

9.outside-512.JPG

#2506 4 years ago

I need one of those to complete the set

#2507 4 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I found Trophy's halloween costume for this year already.

sexy-tron-costume.jpg 20 KB

soooo is this happening? Halloween is coming up!

The Flynn's arcade light mod is still available to buy?

#2508 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

soooo is this happening? Halloween is coming up!

Yes but our halloween party is just us 2 in the bedroom, Ill load up some pics if I have time.

#2509 4 years ago

..............if I wear all black....and sit in the corner, I could come?

#2510 4 years ago

Is this THE Steve Ritchie

#2511 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Is this THE Steve Ritchie » YouTube video

That's damn cool.

#2512 4 years ago

Made myself some new rule cards tonight. Pretty happy with how they came out.

image-91.jpg

#2513 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

..............if I wear all black....and sit in the corner, I could come?

maybe

#2514 4 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Made myself some new rule cards tonight. Pretty happy with how they came out.

image-91.jpg 250 KB

Look great...wonder if it would make me play better?....they sadly don't make a card for that...I would get a set in a heartbeat

#2515 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Look great...wonder if it would make me play better?....they sadly don't make a card for that...I would get a set in a heartbeat

my 'ol lady gave me this card after watching my first year of games on Tron

looser-card-1.jpg

#2516 4 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

my 'ol lady gave me this card after watching my first year of games on Tron

looser-card-1.jpg 12 KB

Yep.....sort of sad how I suck so bad at the hobby I really enjoy (but convince myself I'm getting better with a good game here and there).....a sort of self induced denial of sorts I suppose.....

Lately, it's been TRON and WOZ.....I just cant get past go...pisses me off nightly, but I keep pushing the button....

#2517 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Yep.....sort of sad how I suck so bad at the hobby I really enjoy (but convince myself I'm getting better with a good game here and there).....a sort of self induced denial of sorts I suppose.....
Lately, it's been TRON and WOZ.....I just cant get past go...pisses me off nightly, but I keep pushing the button....

same here

#2518 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

The Flynn's arcade light mod is still available to buy?

I have to see if I have any left, or the parts to build a few more.

I may have to start a waiting list or something to see if it's worth the investment to get all of the parts laser cut again.

#2519 4 years ago

Anyone knows where I can get those arrow things (yellow\bue) at the end of both ramps ?

#2520 4 years ago
Quoted from dkpinball:

I may have to start a waiting list or something to see if it's worth the investment to get all of the parts laser cut again.

I've been eyeing one up - thought they were still available as it doesn't say sold out on your site. If they're not available put me on the list!

#2521 4 years ago
Quoted from T3mpest:

Anyone knows where I can get those arrow things (yellow\bue) at the end of both ramps ?
» YouTube video

i think it's out of stock

http://www.gamestencils.com/index.php?crn=224&rn=599&action=show_detail

#2522 4 years ago

I'm probably gonna get a tron, is there any negatives of a first run? And what should I look for?

#2523 4 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

I'm probably gonna get a tron, is there any negatives of a first run? And what should I look for?

First run has a screened cab, I personally take that as a negative.

#2524 4 years ago

Is the cabinet the only difference?

#2525 4 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

no there are a few other differences, I just forget them. One is the first run came with a 3D translite, I prefer this translite but some prefer the hot chicks translite to it.

#2526 4 years ago

First run has a plasma DMD instead of LED.

#2527 4 years ago

first run had different ramp vehicles than one of the reruns, ya? 1st had motorcycles and the reruns had the car thinger and something?

#2528 4 years ago
Quoted from dkpinball:

Let me know! I need one

#2529 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

first run had different ramp vehicles than one of the reruns, ya? 1st had motorcycles and the reruns had the car thinger and something?

everyone replaces those anyway, the cool people anyhow

#2530 4 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

no there are a few other differences, I just forget them. One is the first run came with a 3D translite, I prefer this translite but some prefer the hot chicks translite to it.

hot chix +1

#2531 4 years ago

So vehicle's and translite

#2532 4 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

So vehicle's and translite

...also, us folks who own the 1st run have secure club access into Founders Association Retaining Tron.

#2533 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Is this THE Steve Ritchie » YouTube video

gr8 video... thanks for sharing.

wow... amazing this thread still has steam.....

only cuz this pin is still the best pin ever.

buhbuhdadum.... TRON!!!!!!!!

#2534 4 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

...also, us folks who own the 1st run have secure club access into Founders Association Retaining Tron.

i never rec my badge for this club

#2535 4 years ago

i still haven't voted...
what should i do?

Screen Shot 2014-09-16 at 7.56.16 PM.png

#2536 4 years ago

It's tied three ways so you can't lose! Whichever you pick will be the ultimate winnar!!!

#2537 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

It's tied three ways so you can't lose! Whichever you pick will be the ultimate winnar!!!

too much pressure !!!!

i've always had trouble just picking 1

hotties-1.jpg

#2538 4 years ago

just remember the crazy hot matrix...............

I think Olivia is a Unicorn.

#2539 4 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

It's a cool thing to have the first run with the screenprint. Not as hi res as the decals but has that nostalgic bonus. The chicks are cool but the most sort after and value retaining translite is the 3d translite. Can't go past it. Plasma is a mile ahead for visuals as far as movie clips etc. just a better display albeit less bright than led. Some games suit the plasma and this is one of em.

Any run of Tron is a good purchase option

#2540 4 years ago

I'm still ticked off at my Tron from last night. Everything solid but LC, and on the second ball! Failed on LC in SOS, one ball left to just do it. And my fast flowy Tron turned into a brickfest. I couldn't hit the left orbit to save my life. I probably had 10 tries at it on the last ball, but all I could hit was the end of the third flipper or the Z target. I could practically see the white Portal insert finally lighting up again... And then it was all gone. I swear if I didn't love the game so much I would have flipped it over.

Oh, and to the first run question, all runs are good on Tron. The translite is a preference thing (I have both chicks and 3d that I switch out once in a while). Both paint and decals are fine. It's a game you can mod or keep stock, but most mod them. It's all about the gameplay on this one though. One of the best (and sometimes most frustrating) games ever made.

#2541 4 years ago
Quoted from dkpinball:

Oh sh....

*edit* ..../sigh...put me on the list. Was waiting to get paid on friday to buy one. >=(

#2542 4 years ago

I'll steal pieces from others' posts and make a list:

1st run:
Plasma DMD
Screened Cabinet
3D backglass
Blue and Yellow diecast Light Cycles.
Lack of wiring for shaker motors

LE run:
same as above, with added wiring for a shaker

3rd run:
(the early handful from this run had a 3D backglass and both Light Cycles, they seemed to use them until they ran out. Some also had a screened cabinet.)
Shaker wiring
LED DMD
Decaled Cabinet
Clu translite
Run began with the blue and yellow diecast Light Cycle, run ended with a yellow diecast Light Cycle and a blue diecast Light Runner.

4th run:
Everything from the third run, plus:
Games shipped with a Chicks translite installed and a rolled in a tube Clu translite
(diecast) Blue Light Runner and orange Light Jet

Can anyone add anything else to the list?

It's interesting to note (at least from a geeky point of view) that Clu's circuitry color is yellow (after the whole betrayal thing, anyways) and the 3rd run shipped with a yellow cycle. Fourth run the playfield toy (assuming that Stern had run out of their stock of them) became the orange Light Jet - orange being Rinzler's circuitry color, which completely justifies the loss of the Clu translite. Right?

Post edited by Quiddity

#2543 4 years ago

good write-up

#2544 4 years ago

My first run machine was wired fine for the shaker motor as I just installed it. Definitely a first run as the cabinet is screened and the lockdown bar is the better version. Game also had the plasma dmd before I changed it to the white LED with the blue filter.

#2545 4 years ago

dude, that's one wicked tron

#2546 4 years ago

My god... he modded so hard it's now a NF!

I don't own Tron, but I did just get an XM... I used the pinball browser to add in tron music for the Wolvie MB.

#2547 4 years ago

Damn, this website is pretty smart. I was going to post that picture on another thread yesterday and decided not to, just closed out the browser. It remembered I added the file and attached it to this thread.

#2548 4 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Damn, this website is pretty smart. I was going to post that picture on another thread yesterday and decided not to, just closed out the browser. It remembered I added the file and attached it to this thread.

good thing you weren't on Centerflank's teabagging thread yesterday posting images

#2549 4 years ago

Just between us Troniacs, I'm hearing rumors that Tron LE Continued will be announced at Expo. I'm about to put mine on the market in anticipation! Here's a sneak peek of the translite, which will of course be lenticular
tron-dude.png

Post edited by Erik: Not really my thing, but apparently BrettB knows Borg and demanded more Jeff Bridges. Who am I to judge?

#2550 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Just between us Troniacs, I'm hearing rumors that TRON LE Continued will be announced at Expo. I'm about to put mine on the market in anticipation! Here's a sneak peek of the translite, which will of course be lenticular

Post edited by Erik: Not really my thing, but apparently BrettB knows Borg and demanded more Jeff Bridges. Who am I to judge?

tron-dude.png 496 KB

oooohhhhhh nnnnnnooooooo.......

mr-bill-1.jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Cibolo, TX
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
There are 9259 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 186.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside