tron1 (resized).jpg
tron2 (resized).jpg
IMG_4921 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4920 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6148 (resized).png
IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider centerflank.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

814 posts in this topic match your search for posts by centerflank. You are on page 4 of 4.
#5908 7 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Dude...wtf! I just finished a few rounds of Tron and decided to check on pinside top 100. Tron at 25! "SHAME... SHAME..." That top 100 sucks BIG TIME!

The ratings are just plain stupid

Quoted from northvibe:

Centerflank was trying to get a group in on new laser cut tron rails. PM him about it. It was a page or 2 back he mentioned it.

Another round of rails is looking like a no go, I'll update those that Ive talked to if it changes.

#5931 7 years ago

party timeparty time

#5934 7 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

HOLEY MOLEY!!
what.... no legendary encom logo clear light up flipper bats??
you slippin... you slippin ?

You have a 3d printer? Make me some Encom logos

I have all the parts now except the upper flipper LED bat the German dude forgot to send......too tired from work today to start installing stuff, Ill get it all done and have a video ready by sunday night!

#5938 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

hey guys, easy one here:
Tron LE came with LEDs for inserts from the factory or not ?
how about for GI ?
I'm thinking I need yet another LEDOCD board for the inserts...

GI's are incandescent from the factory but the inserts are the little led boards if I remember correctly.

#5950 7 years ago

Making a little progress......

IMG_1394_(resized).jpgIMG_1394_(resized).jpgIMG_1393_(resized).jpgIMG_1393_(resized).jpgIMG_1391_(resized).jpgIMG_1391_(resized).jpgIMG_1390_(resized).jpgIMG_1390_(resized).jpg

#5952 7 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

that is sex on 4 legs. so hawt

I have the light up protectors for the back legs but the power connector is too short so, either find an extension for it or just use on another game. Blue would be great for GOT.......

#5954 7 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

OUTSTANDING! Does it go to other colors?

No, everything I bought is always blue

#5965 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'm starting to like the look of those LED leg protectors.

I just put in an order for 4 more sets

Edit-----No video, didn't get to finish everything, still need that last flipper bat from Germany. I need another frigging power splitter too. Ha!

#5967 7 years ago
Quoted from c508:

damn Flank I like my chrome shooter rod handle, but that lighted blue one is outstanding!

Just a note on that Cointaker light up Shooter rod.....the kit I was sent was missing the supposed sleeve one needs to convert the Stern shooter housing. Pretty disappointed in that. Made for more work, I had a spare Gold B/W housing that I sanded down and sprayed black.

It does look really nice though and seems well constructed.

#5974 7 years ago
Quoted from ZEN:

So the only thing I didnt like about the kit was the directions dont really outline how to use the stern housing, you have to remove the brass bushings on each side, which is easiest using a drill bit, just larger than the opening and slowly backing it out.. there just wasnt much to help me with that.. but I got it.. the dicey thing for me is I just got my housing back from chrome and had to be careful..all good tho

Yep, directions were iffy, luckily MK6pin gave me some help.

I just didn't want to blow out the LED which is probably easy to do.

#6006 7 years ago

Finally got my 3rd led flipper bat installed

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#6013 7 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

That looks great! Question is, how do the flippers flip? Are they as strong as the original ones. I had some cheap copies in my machine but that just didn't feel right.

They feel pretty normal like the last bats that were in.

I put the clear super bands on which are super tight so we will see if they break

#6016 7 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Did you order those flipper bats in germany you said? Where if I may ask?
And the lighted leg protectors? Also real nice on the Tron!

The leg protectors are from Mustang Paul

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-led-leg-light-ups

Flipper bats are from Buthamburg

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/illuminated-flipper-bats#post-3137047

#6025 7 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

I like the DMD reflector "cover" plastic with the Encom logo. Where did you find the Encom logo or how did you label it?

I found them on EBay, bought a bunch of them, put 2 on the front legs

#6039 7 years ago

Go play some TRON

big-booty-briella-bounce-in-yoga-pants.gifbig-booty-briella-bounce-in-yoga-pants.gif

#6061 7 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Not sure I'm digging the clear flipper rubbers, might switch back to the blue titans. It kind of tricks your brain into thinking the bats are shorter than they really are...also don't look that great with yellow bats....

I think the problem is you don't have the clear LED flipper bats.

#6063 7 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Do the colors always cycle through on those bats, or can you set them to one color like with the speaker lights?
BTW I just watched a show on NFL Network counting down the 10 greatest Packers of all time (spoiler: Mandarich was snubbed)

You can cycle them or leave on solid color, it has that standard RGB controller with all the setting adjustments.

Mandarich was a douchey draft pick (next 3 guys drafted all time NFL greats), picking a lineman in the top 5 is way too risky, Joe Thomas was the only guy worth it off the top of my head from the past ~15years~

#6065 7 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Nice, they look fantastic. They need a US distributor!
I just ordered a curious Tron mod. It could either turn out amazing or disastrous. There is no middle ground. Exciting times! I'll post pics when done

LED Tmolding?

#6067 7 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

No but that would be something. Blaze the trail for us!

MustangPaul did that already

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/love-it-or-hate-itgb-pro-led-modvote/page/2#post-3186235

#6071 7 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

thats a great example of when mods go too far.

nope, one can never go too far.

5535fa96f3d9082c9cfe268f3fa6cfac_(resized).jpg5535fa96f3d9082c9cfe268f3fa6cfac_(resized).jpg72b032fcaff0647cdd886cc1f11c65e3_(resized).jpg72b032fcaff0647cdd886cc1f11c65e3_(resized).jpgimages_(resized).jpegimages_(resized).jpegimages-1_(resized).jpegimages-1_(resized).jpeg

#6073 7 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

you want all that shit in your face while you try to follow a ball going 90 miles and hour around the playfield?

Yes, adds to the difficulty

#6075 7 years ago
Quoted from Jojo1111:

While i'm not a current Tron owner (I used to be, yes I know, don't say it haha) I was invited a few weeks ago to a house party (friend of a friend) and the guy (who's NOT a pinhead, he only has 1 game) had this AMAZING modded out Tron pro! I literally spent most of the party just playing the shit out of it (other people at the party looked at me funny heh!). He doesn't play it! He got the game just as artwork, to turn it on and stare at it. Gotta say, it's a nice game to look at (and was a VERY smooth example to play as well).
Oh well. Random tricked out Tron in the wild down here in SOFL.

That's awesome, leg/shooter light ups and el lit apron cards! Whose old TRON is that? Lotta love was put in that.

Edit- I like the look of the middle target bank lit up and that little LCD screen on the left ramp return, I need to start selling blood or semen to fund the rest of the TRON mods I want

#6092 7 years ago

I think they made this rental car just for me.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#6098 7 years ago

I can't even tell what my mods are hooked up to anymore, just a million extra wires running everywhere

#6109 7 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

The price is $12,000 because I have to buy a donor Taurus to create the mod. PM sent with my Paypal info.

I have one set ready to ship. 6K shipped (includes autographed certificate of authenticity+AOD)

You just got Flanked Jayhawkai! BoomYou just got Flanked Jayhawkai! Boom

#6111 7 years ago
Quoted from ApronOfDestiny:

Since I am not in the possession of Mr. CF at the moment I think his for sale ad here is a total scam. Negotiate with caution knowing the apron you will get will just be some shrubby old forgery.

AOD not for sale anymore, I'm locking that blasphemous little bitch in a dark corner of my basement for eternity.

#6115 7 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Is Kaneda still licking CF's balls?

BallLicker, probably will be his 18th Pinside user name.

#6125 7 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

More importantly Flankster, when are you going to grow a mountain man beard, get some sleeves, set up a Twitch account and stream some catpocalypse?
You'll have plenty of viewership, I guarantee it!
And with all the donations rolling in you'll finally be able to retire that hole of glory you keep making Mrs. Flank yell at you through!

Thats tempting, wonder if it would be enough $ to stop working, sanding houses like this sucks!

Hate itHate it

#6127 7 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Wow,
That's um...specshul?
I can hear the designer's thoughts while sketching up that house now:
"Corduroy,
Man do I love me some corduroy!
I should build the exterior of a house as a tribute to my love of all things that go fwip fwip fwip!"
So if you fall off the ladder and go sliding down the side F(p)lankster, does it attract all the nearby wolverines?

I don't fall off ladders, I'm a ninja on those things. My wife gets nervous when I jump from one ladder to the other when I'm 30ft in the air.

Wolverines love me

#6130 7 years ago
Quoted from c508:

Strange chimney... I think stone would look better... Or maybe EL wire?

Man, I wish all chimneys were stone, it's extremely difficult to get at the backside of this one, I distinctly remember some choice words I let out when I did this house back in 09

#6132 7 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

Just installed my Flynn sign now I need color DMD light cycle and mirror blads

What you gonna do for mirror blades?

#6134 7 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

not sure yet as i like just side decals too.

The pics on his website, the TRON with black mirrors is mine....

Edit---- https://pinballsidemirrors.com

Ah, I think they are gone, only pics I found have the regular mirrors

#6151 7 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

Word Up Fellow Tronites! Been a while since I've been on here and I hear Flank is taking some shit from the higher ups, so I feel now that the CAVS are champs and I finally have some free time, I am making my return!! Miss being on this thread you guys/gals are the best~!

Ha, let's keep that in the NDP

Congrats on your Cavs!

#6161 7 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

What the deuce?!? I was told the hellish camping weekend in Wisconsin punched my ticket

Best 3 days of your life, admit it!

3 years later
#9346 4 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

Flank, I noticed that you hopped back onto the grid recently. If your still on would you consider changing the title of this thread back to lamp? Thanks

I cannot, moderators up my Ass for changing the NFL thread title, Id hate to break any more rules

1 year later
#10567 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Goinf through tron parts. I canā€™t recognize where this protector goes.
At the time I bought protectors for tron and Metallica, but it was in my tron bagā€¦
[quoted image]

Thats for the shooter Lane, just hot glue it down

#10571 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Uhhh...
Where you been?

Gambit,Is true i was stuck in the Portal. I had to trade some shasta and pbj's to sneak out

1 year later
#11217 1 year ago

Glad this thread still rollin! Just wanted to say Hi to you TRON crazies!

#11219 1 year ago
Quoted from Meadows22:

Took the advice and switched the chrome t molding for orange. It really pops.
[quoted image]

How fun is the Alien game? Im jumping back into the pinball pool again, looking to buy something.

#11222 1 year ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Buy Godzilla. Or Deadpool.

I don't like how PG Deadpool is, Godzilla pretty fun, theres a premium on location by me I've been playing it

#11227 1 year ago

So my shortlist of newer games if i go that route is Iron Maiden prem, maybe Elvira Prem, Godzilla Prem......about all id be interested in.....Guy that bought me TRON won't sell it back to me, he's not cool...

#11229 1 year ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

centerflank , can you please change the damn name of this thread to something more tronish , that anchorman throwback is blech

Ok let me think on that, I was pm.d by moderators about changing thread titles and they were butt hurt

#11232 1 year ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

EHOH is a great Lyman code. His last masterpiece. Or grab a TWD and install Clelandā€™s R rated code and be a total sadist with me and get kicked in the nuts all the time for fun.

I canā€™t get either of my Tron LEs that I sold back. *sigh* Itā€™s a hard knock life.

I owned TWD prem 2 separate times......maybe once again lol it is a great game

#11233 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Alien is a very good game, i bought an SV to see if i liked it, and bought an LV 2 months later cause i knew it would stay.
Those who say buy DP or GZ are probs on track too, but i'd pick DP over GZ any day.
In the same breath, i'd pick a bnice Alien in between them. It's a great game, in a home environment, once you larn the simple rules to modes.
The shots are nice, it's in a niche like TWD, where there a5re a lot of harsh games in between the special ones, and it fits in a 4-8 game lineup extremely well.
[quoted image]

Interesting, maybe i can find someone that has it, seems slightly rare

#11236 1 year ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Of the oddball stuff, I like Lebowski and Weird Al.

I wasn't even aware theres a Weird Al game

#11239 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

If someone wanted one game, i'd say DP or AFM.

I used to have RFM, id actually want that again before an AFM... we shall see I'm in no rush and id like it local/convenient to get

#11241 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Deadpool then. Get a pro and do it up. Pinsound etc, pimp it like a Tron.
[quoted image]

Ive played it enough to know i don't want to own one, if it were movie based, diff story. Unfortunately all the route ones I've played the scoop switch isn't reading or the drops are bricking.

2 weeks later
#11267 1 year ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

Were the LE playfields different than the pros IDK

The standup targets TRON on the pro, are drops on the PREMIUM....its cutout a little different.

This was discussed back on page 49 please start from the beginning

#11271 1 year ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

looking for a rly nice example of a TRON LE. anyone looking to sell or trade?

Bet one will need about 15-18k for one of those sweet beauties

#11273 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

you would have to do better than that to pry mine off my hands lol

in canadian thats prob 25k

#11276 1 year ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

So Tron's going on 12 years old back when pinball was not so popular with the masses. Just wondering what you might think total production numbers might be . My distro says they didn't sell that many games back then . Pinside show's 567 owners IPDB shows 400 LE's 200 4th runs with Quorra Gem . 3rd run of Clu not sure .1rt run had silk screen cab with 3d translight should have been at least as many as the LE's . I got the 3D trans light with the first of the decal cabs and was told they made 50 of those . 2000 to 2500 or so total any hard numbers out there.Thinking the remakes not going to happen

Personally id never want a vault (feel free to run it STERN) i like the old cabinet style from all those SAM games, sliding latch lockbar, full wood backbox. Power button by the front leg. old DMD's all good with me.

Perhaps some day ill pony up for another original TRON, im in no rush, ive created a list of a few games i will purchase in the near future.

#11281 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Hmm. In what regard does it "clash with the design of the machine"? Honestly curious.

Get a pic when its dark, im guessing it lights up? Id like to see

#11283 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's got a couple lights.

yeah thats pretty sweet!

#11285 1 year ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

Heres my topper courtasy of the Coca-cola company and i need to confess gem is my favorite shot and im still a PORTAl virgin
[quoted image]

Coca-Cola rocks! i invest in their stocks thanks to this guy...

Unknown-3 (resized).jpegUnknown-3 (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#11318 11 months ago

Huge thumbs down on the original black disc pad, the clear is just amazing to switch to

I remember a few flying right over the flipper bats itā€™s hilarious

1 month later
#11377 10 months ago
Quoted from TheBaron:

Keep it black, get it chromed....powder coated blue?

probably best to match up with whatever your side rails/lockdown bar is

if i ever get a TRON again id chrome it all up.

2 months later
#11439 7 months ago

Iā€™ve always piggy backed speaker wire (soldered) to the sub connections in the base of the cab and ran them out the power cord holeā€¦.to whatever external powered subwoofer. Easy stuff

4 weeks later
#11460 6 months ago

Id just order a new one or 2 and go fresh....i remember changing mine out once and the piece was cracked in half

https://www.pinballlife.com/tron-plastic-spinning-disk.html

2 weeks later
#11467 6 months ago
Quoted from LittlePinner:

On my Tron game, the plasma LED lights have been attached with paper clip like thing. How did you guys attach the lights? ( I bought it like this )
I'm afraid they will fall off and shorting something in the game.
[quoted image]

Small clear zip ties do the trick

#11469 6 months ago
Quoted from LittlePinner:

Do you drill holes? Can you post a picture?

I donā€™t have my game anymore but yes I removed the ramps and drilled small holes in the side just under the top lip of the ramps

#11488 5 months ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

They really need to do another run of the ramp light kit with these getting $525 used. What was the reason they stopped running these? Iā€™m sure a lot of people would like to have a back up kit.

ill make some calls...

#11490 5 months ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Great seeing your posts again bro!

well....hopefully you didn't see that one thread last night

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 26.50
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Trade
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

814 posts in this topic match your search for posts by centerflank. You are on page 4 of 4.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider centerflank.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/4?tu=centerflank and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.