(Topic ID: 54093)

Official TRON lovefest thread, I love it more than Lightning Kitty.

By centerflank

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9,243 posts
  • 464 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 hours ago by Bos98
  • Topic is favorited by 139 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is TRON super awesome or are you a hater?”

• TRON is unreal, centerflank is supersmart. 394 votes
    71%
  • TRON blows, voters for this option have a small dingy :( 102 votes
    18%
  • Never played TRON, but if Centerflank likes it, it must be fun!!!! 59 votes
    11%

(555 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,234 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

391B3511-8217-4786-9917-60F3818D792E (resized).jpeg
D8C6B3B7-A9AD-4EBA-A5B7-F9BF6FBD043F (resized).jpeg
79E9CC73-FBBE-435A-B134-B3F540755ADA (resized).jpeg
961C656A-F8E7-44B8-877E-596B182A6FD5 (resized).jpeg
69897D74-B9C8-461C-B8C9-50597E3D99C1 (resized).jpeg
B2982FC6-34B6-486C-B1C7-42B73C83ED28 (resized).jpeg
6B1A83B5-89F8-4AC4-866D-A768DBC70E2B (resized).jpeg
IMG_2387 (resized).jpeg
9FA77E18-CAA0-4EAA-A751-867C30FDA061 (resized).jpeg
20190810_102415 (resized).jpg
20190807_192459 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190805_160626[1] (resized).jpg
IMG_20190805_160432[1] (resized).jpg
2FB6440D-16E6-4D6D-87A5-63BBC222C073 (resized).jpeg
E7174D80-1D56-49B2-A4ED-8BE503946607 (resized).jpeg
E582F3F8-F368-48D6-8C2D-FA9B53F14B11 (resized).jpeg

There are 9243 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 185.
#2351 5 years ago

I found Trophy's halloween costume for this year already.

sexy-tron-costume.jpg

#2352 5 years ago

daddy like

Quoted from centerflank:

I found Trophy's halloween costume for this year already.

sexy-tron-costume.jpg 20 KB

#2353 5 years ago

looks good to scale... all except for tronguy's large package. can that be morphed/changed?

Quoted from Erik:

Any Troniacs with 3d printers? I have found pretty much the perfect topper if one could be made using this model

tron-guy-3d-render.jpg 109 KB

#2354 5 years ago

Not big enough? Should we go Boogie Nights on this one?

#2355 5 years ago

yes, dirk would approve of this thread.... looking for a dirk diggler gif....

Quoted from Erik:

Not big enough? Should we go Boogie Nights on this one?

#2356 5 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Boogie Nights

I must say, Boogie Nights is probably one my fav all time movies. Its comedy just absolutely hits home with me. This would be an outstanding adult themed pinball.

Unknown-963.jpeg

#2357 5 years ago

that is a beautiful painting right there.... I always have a soft spot for roller girl

tumblr_moi8nklqXF1qa1iiqo1_1280.jpg

Quoted from centerflank:

I must say, Boogie Nights is probably one my fav all time movies. Its comedy just absolutely hits home with me. This would be an outstanding adult themed pinball.

Unknown-963.jpeg 6 KB

#2359 5 years ago

No kidding . . . take AFM to freaking pound town, no way it sniffs Tron's dust and we have some ground to make up.

#2360 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

No kidding . . . take AFM to freaking pound town, no way it sniffs Tron's dust and we have some ground to make up.

Some ground to make up? Yeah, I don't think Tron is going to make up that 2 to 1 deficit that it has to AFM. It will get second place and make it out of the group though.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#2362 5 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

TRON wipes its derriere with AFM.

Did you say something?

<drool>

#2363 5 years ago

tilt party tilt party

tilt-1.jpg

#2365 5 years ago

ernie-voting-1.jpg

#2366 5 years ago

Need more votes asap. Sending out the bat-tron-signal now...

Vote at this link --vvvv--
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/group-d-poll-afm-v-tom-v-tron-v-hsii

tron-bat-signal-1.jpg

#2367 5 years ago

I think the way this one works is the top two vote getters make it through, so Tron should be ok. Bat Tron signal couldn't hurt tho

batman-runs-to-vote.gif
#2368 5 years ago

I was watching some random videos of the old show STARCADE and came across this episode where the grand prize was a brand new TRON arcade! I remember watching this show when I was a kid on wgn.

I won't spoil what happened..... but check it out

#2369 5 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

I was watching some random videos of the old show STARCADE and came across this episode where the grand prize was a brand new TRON arcade! I remember watching this show when I was a kid on wgn.
I won't spoil what happened..... but check it out
ยป YouTube video

Wonder if steve still has that metal detector or if he hawked it for smack.

#2370 5 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Wonder if steve still has that metal detector or if he hawked it for smack.

I would have kept it for sure! steve looks to be a true nerdling, I bet the dude still has it.

ohh.... true story.... one of the guys over on klov (damon) was on this show back in the 80's. it was a "family" episode of starcade and he was competing with his mom against another family. its classic for sure! the grand prize was a juno first arcade. did damon win the game?? check it out.

#2371 5 years ago

Can't wait for TRON Premium Vault Edition

#2372 5 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

Can't wait for TRON Premium Vault Edition

Yes, cant wait to play it!

#2373 5 years ago

After having had the STLE for the past 6+ months, I can't really say that I go back to it much. Tron LE just has much better gameplay. I know, I'm preaching to the choir here.

#2374 5 years ago

S.till T.ron L.eads E.verything

#2375 5 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

S.till T.ron L.eads E.verything

STLE? Its a great game for sure!

#2376 5 years ago
Quoted from bjorg:

After having had the STLE for the past 6+ months, I can't really say that I go back to it much. TRON LE just has much better gameplay. I know, I'm preaching to the choir here.

yes i know that feeling, with my MET...

when arrived, we (with my son) didnt touch the TRON for long time, i even set it for sale, but it's still home, as all the proposals (some great/good for sure) i got didnt satisfied me until now, but may be the 1st reason is because i dont really want to sell it !? my brain is upside down when i think of it, i have only few options i could be tempted to do it

and now, as the MET madness is less hot, we're going back on the TRON, we're happy & enjoying as we were previously, and than yes IT'S a very good pin & addictive for sure
but as said just above, dont need to say that on this topic, as we all agree of course...

#2377 5 years ago

You probably play too much tron when...
a) this happens
b) this represents something to you
c) you have ideas to improve on it

image-963.jpg

#2378 5 years ago

we spoke (long ago, here or another topic) about the higher END OF LINE jackpot, just did 7.7M
for what i remember must be the higher i i've done

#2380 5 years ago

Herg is coming for you! Expect the mods to be alerted to this abuse for your completely unjustified thread bump!

#2381 5 years ago

About 2 months ago I bought a Tron that had been operated and was in need of some tlc for a great price. Everything was working fine but there were a couple of things (needed a new spinning disc motor assembly, both ramps were broken at the entry points) and it also needed a major clean.

As we all know this machine lends itself to modding bigtime however there was not one mod on this Tron 1st ed apart from a little led work. Here are some of the results after a lot of elbow grease and some serious time and coin spent on it. I wont list the mods there are too many too mention. I also replaced with 2 new ramps and a new disc motor.

I hope I am now worthy of this Tron love thread lol

20140524_174554.jpg20140507_190611.jpg20140427_202447.jpg20140524_175214.jpg

20140524_175157.jpg 20140524_174447.jpg
#2382 5 years ago

I also added under cab interactive lighting, aluminium brushed flippers and recognizer mod not showing in images

#2383 5 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

About 2 months ago I bought a Tron that had been operated and was in need of some tlc for a great price. Everything was working fine but there were a couple of things (needed a new spinning disc motor assembly, both ramps were broken at the entry points) and it also needed a major clean.
As we all know this machine lends itself to modding bigtime however there was not one mod on this Tron 1st ed apart from a little led work. Here are some of the results after a lot of elbow grease and some serious time and coin spent on it. I wont list the mods there are too many too mention. I also replaced with 2 new ramps and a new disc motor.
I hope I am now worthy of this Tron love thread lol

Great looking topper !

#2386 5 years ago
Quoted from PC-Pin-NC:

Reminder: Vote for Tron! I just did.

I think the voting is over but funny how TRON won that march madness voting a few months ago then cant crack the top 8 against the B/W titles. Id take TRON over any B/W title in a heartbeat, yes, even my lowbrow pro version....

I found it extremely amusing in the other thread, AC/DC barely stopped to wipe its muddy boots off on Woz before advancing.

#2387 5 years ago

think it's the summer vacation people missing votes...

#2388 5 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I think the voting is over but funny how TRON won that march madness voting a few months ago then cant crack the top 8 against the B/W titles. Id take TRON over any B/W title in a heartbeat, yes, even my lowbrow pro version....
I found it extremely amusing in the other thread, AC/DC barely stopped to wipe its muddy boots off on Woz before advancing.

I voted TRON and don't believe it lost.....and truthfully, no way AC/DC is THAT MUCH better than WOZ....just politics to the max....

#2389 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

no way AC/DC is THAT MUCH better than WOZ.

Well, yeah, AC/DC is that much better with "fewer toys". Things that make ya go Hmm....

arsenio-hall-o.gif

#2390 5 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Well, yeah, AC/DC is that much better with "fewer toys". Things that make ya go Hmm....

Nah, and I'm the weird one that likes TRON better than AC/DC !!!

#2391 5 years ago

Finally have my TRONLE , so I'm in the club, and for me, it's better than any stern. WOZ is just a different animal, and if you look past the crazy threads and play the thing, it really is cool, just different....

#2392 5 years ago

who went to Electronica ?

electronica-2.jpgelectronica-1.jpg

electronica-3.jpg

electronica-4.jpg

#2393 5 years ago

What nirvana is this?! And why didn't I know about it?!?

#2394 5 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

electronica-2.jpg 27 KB

electronica-1.jpg 76 KB

electronica-3.jpg 54 KB

electronica-4.jpg 67 KB

Wow!!!

#2395 5 years ago

Im thinking of getting a TRON... supposed to be better then Lamp..but what means Lamp?

#2396 5 years ago

it would appear we've managed to confuse an entire next generation of potential new tron owners

bert-lamp-nose-1.jpg

#2397 5 years ago
Quoted from MadocOwain:

What nirvana is this?! And why didn't I know about it?!?

that was at California Adventure park of Disney Land a couple years ago to celebrate the Tron movie.
had a Flynn's arcade replica full of games and custom tron themed tokens. had a working Space Paranoids arcade game in it too. Wish they had kept it longer, instead of replacing it with the alice-in-wonderland theme that has been there and forgotten for years now.

#2398 5 years ago

hmmm think I saw the light!

Lamp.jpg
#2399 5 years ago

i went opening night..... were you there bro?

Quoted from labnip:

electronica-2.jpg 27 KB

electronica-1.jpg 76 KB

electronica-3.jpg 54 KB

electronica-4.jpg 67 KB

#2400 5 years ago

i got this coin opening night of electronica.... had such a great time at flynn's arcade and the music/dance set-up wasnt bad either. hopefully someday they will bring flynn's arcade back (fingers crossed).

when tron legacy was released @ the theaters there was a ton of cool tron swag over @ downtown disney. really miss that stuff, wish i had bought more

ELCTRONICA1.jpg ELECTRONICA2.jpg tron1-1.jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
There are 9243 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 185.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside