tron1 (resized).jpg
tron2 (resized).jpg
IMG_4921 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4920 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6148 (resized).png
IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
There are 11,649 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 233.
#2301 9 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

Just found this thread....quick question: what is Lamp?

ask this man.... he created the grid, isos, and the lamp

image-64.jpgimage-64.jpg

#2302 9 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

Just found this thread....quick question: what is Lamp?

#2303 9 years ago

Oh Man, was getting some wicked spin off the clear disc pad this last game, one ball shot out directly down the left outlane but had so much spin it hit the top of the switch and almost came back out but hit the post then drained, Awesome!

Total play check! Ive got ....

DSC08842.JPGDSC08842.JPG

#2304 9 years ago

dang, you've put some serious time on that beast over the last few months.
i'm way behind now

i'll just start flipping the power switch on/off after the first ball drains in 30secs....
that should catch me up

#2305 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

dang, you've put some serious time on that beast over the last few months.
i'm way behind now

Trilogy Beer and I were jamming a bunch of games out the other night, plus I had a mini-tourney.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/over-the-top

#2306 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Trilogy Beer and I were jamming a bunch of games out the other night, plus I had a mini-tourney.
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/over-the-top

Did you invite neo

#2307 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Did you invite neo

Who?

thunder.jpgthunder.jpg

#2308 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Who?

thunder.jpg 6 KB

Mr. Skywalker
Didn't have any Star Wars pics

#2309 9 years ago

?

anakinonetear.pnganakinonetear.png

h58EB43AE.jpegh58EB43AE.jpeg

#2310 9 years ago

Hot damn. I finally reached portal multiball! 160+ mil final score.

#2311 9 years ago
Quoted from djb_rh:

Alright, here's my first semi-original mod. I took Kimball's backboard mod for the TRON LE and re-did the sequencer section. His sequencer is a ten circuit deal that doesn't fade, it's just on or off. I've been playing with Arduinos for things lately and noticed they have five PWM outputs, so I decided to rewire my board to have two stacks of five LED outputs (so the bottom is on with the sixth in the stack, then the second with the seventh, etc). Kimball's sequencer is common ground and to make things easier with the Arduino and my FET shield I needed common power, so I just rewired it that way while I was "restacking" it.
Here's a pic of my additional hardware:

It's an Arduino Pro Micro. Could have just as easily been the cheaper Arduino Pro Mini, but it's what I had at the time. On top is this shield:
https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9627
I had to do one crazy little hack to get the fifth PWM output routed through one of the FETs as by default you only get four of those with this shield, but it wasn't bad. So all-in my hardware cost on this is about $40. But if you used an eBay pro-mini clone and built your own FET board, you could do this for less than $20 in hardware. I'd go that route next time, personally.
Then a little bit of software for the Arduino and it's going:
» YouTube video
I should have done longer shots of each thing running, but you'll just have to re-play the video a few times to see the subtle, but I think worthwhile, difference. The only change I might still make is to double up the short strips at the top of the light column, as they wash out a little bit due to the hologram.
--Donnie

IMG_3997.JPG 99 KB

How does the flipper fidelity translite kit compare to this one....thanks....mark

#2312 9 years ago

hola from L.A. this week. i think there's some pins around here somewhere.
will try to find some & post.

#2313 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

hola from L.A. this week. i think there's some pins around here somewhere.
will try to find some & post.

nice dude... how long you gonna be in town for??

you here for e3?

#2314 9 years ago
Quoted from djb_rh:

Hmm, I don't know. I went back a page or two in this thread looking at pics and saw a two slot, but it might not have been an LE? I may have just been assuming it was an export thing and it's not. Either way, I think the two slot looks better.

I don't really spend too much time looking at the coin door or caring how it looks, it was just an observation I had made. They could have painted sheetmetal there as far as I'm concerned, just as long as every time I pushed the start button, this machine continues to kick my ass! It's not that I'm not a decent player, it's just that I have it set up so damn hard. But I can't go back now.

#2315 9 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

How does the flipper fidelity translite kit compare to this one....thanks....mark

I retract this question.....found YouTube on both and will pick what works for me...looks like a win/ win.....mark

#2316 9 years ago

1800 in 11 months? I think we had around 500 in the first 2...so....yeah. Nice work. I hate seeing a good pin get treated like a museum piece.

#2317 9 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

nice dude... how long you gonna be in town for??
you here for e3?

Chillin with fam at Disney till tues.

#2318 9 years ago

Where's Waldo

image-755.jpgimage-755.jpgimage-870.jpgimage-870.jpgimage-584.jpgimage-584.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage-676.jpgimage-676.jpg

#2319 9 years ago

Sporting the Tron shirt at Disney?!?

Btw looks like they rented out the place just to you

#2320 9 years ago

Oh yeah
"ElecTRONica" shirt.

Space mountain is down for maintenance, and this arcade is hidden at its exit.
No one around...

#2321 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Oh yeah
"ElecTRONica" shirt.
Space mountain is down for maintenance, and this arcade is hidden at its exit.
No one around...

nice dude... make sure to get a dole whip over @ the tiki room and keep an eye out for the guy they call Maynard.

http://www.400milestodisneyland.com/2012_12_01_archive.html

#2322 9 years ago

Trophy and I watched Legacy again the other night, I love the part when young Sam jumps on his ripper!

DSC00958C.jpgDSC00958C.jpg

#2323 9 years ago

Had a good game tonight. Reached portal without going to sea of simulation for the first time.

IMG_20140609_194006.jpgIMG_20140609_194006.jpg
#2324 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

1800 in 11 months? I think we had around 500 in the first 2...so....yeah. Nice work. I hate seeing a good pin get treated like a museum piece.

It was a bit more than 11 months but yeah, TRON gets many plays round here.....Im at that point now where Ive had most my pins for ~awhile~ now so they all get somewhat equal play, AC/DC and TRON still get more due to the short ball times. I like to retreat to my basement and turn all the games on and get at least 1-2 plays on everything but TRON-AC/DC usually get 3-4 each.

TRON is still pretty awesome!

DSC08623.JPGDSC08623.JPG

#2325 9 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Sporting the Tron shirt at Disney?!?
Btw looks like they rented out the place just to you

Btw... That tron shirt glows in the dark.
But when I wear it outside, mostly just my pasty white skin does all the glowing

#2326 9 years ago

No pins here

But lots of good surfin

image-255.jpgimage-255.jpg

#2327 9 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

Had a good game tonight. Reached portal without going to sea of simulation for the first time.

IMG_20140609_194006.jpg 204 KB

Congrats! I've still never gotten directly to Portal. Someday....

#2328 9 years ago

I think I got a 50 million bonus for skipping sea of simulation.

#2329 9 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

I think I got a 50 million bonus for skipping sea of simulation.

Yes, you did.

Unless you had 2x scoring just before hitting the scoop, in which case you would have got a 100 million point bonus!

#2330 9 years ago

nice bro... is that the hb rubys?? love me some rubys, most of the socal piers have them down at the end.

i'm guessing its nice and overcast down there too (june gloom).

Quoted from labnip:

No pins here
Buy lots of good surfin

image-255.jpg 148 KB

#2331 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

No pins here
Buy lots of good surfin

let's admit : your tongs are just superb !!!

#2332 9 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

My thongs ?

#2333 9 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

nice bro... is that the hb rubys?? love me some rubys, most of the socal piers have them down at the end.
i'm guessing its nice and overcast down there too (june gloom).

Yep. Huntington Beach pier all the way at end across from Main Street.
Good people watching.

#2334 9 years ago

yep sorry, needeed a "h" in english, not in french...

#2335 9 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

sisqo.jpgsisqo.jpg

#2336 9 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

sisqo.jpg 185 KB

U R cray-cray

Heh

#2337 9 years ago

Few more off topic pix just for the heck of it
Lamps and tongs were both sadly missing...
image-261.jpgimage-261.jpgimage-849.jpgimage-849.jpgimage-513.jpgimage-513.jpgimage-592.jpgimage-592.jpgimage-651.jpgimage-651.jpg

#2338 9 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

sisqo.jpg 185 KB

wolverine must be scary now...

#2339 9 years ago

"Look for future Stern Vault Editions."

- Stern Pinball 6/12/14

Tron Premium threat increases dramatically.

#2340 9 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

Tron Premium threat increases dramatically.

Why is it a threat? More TRON'S mean more people get to have lots of fun. While I would of course not be thrilled with a significant value drop (if thats what happens)..... it is what it is.

#2341 9 years ago

they can't make enough tron pins... there's 7.1B people on the planet clamoring for them

the problem stern has is that there's only 1 apron with a centerflank signature. they still haven't figured out a way to mass produce those for the market.

#2342 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

the problem stern has is that there's only 1 apron with a centerflank signature. they still haven't figured out a way to mass produce those for the market.

Fakking Unobtainium!

#2344 9 years ago

Check out these potential toppers

Wish there were Gem and Quorra options

image-324.jpgimage-324.jpgimage-917.jpgimage-917.jpgimage-834.jpgimage-834.jpgimage-906.jpgimage-906.jpgimage-133.jpgimage-133.jpg

#2345 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Why is it a threat? More TRON'S mean more people get to have lots of fun. While I would of course not be thrilled with a significant value drop (if thats what happens)..... it is what it is.

Permit me an anecdote.

Longtime readers will recall I am the owner of a 2007 Toyota Tundra. One week ago I happened to pass a Toyota dealership and proudly parked in the front was the most minty Tundra I have ever seen. As you can imagine, I immediately stomped the parking brake, cut a hard right, and skidded into the dealership.

As the tire smoke faded I gazed upon this unblemished survivor. Springing from my well worn seat, I marveled at its clean lines, shiny tires, rich paint, and chrome baubles lovingly installed by its first owner. Oh, the agony he must have felt parting with this Adonis. And were these LED lights already installed? I knew I must have it, but at what price?

I stood on tiptoes peering through the driver's side window and admiring the beauty of the interior. Certainly no Tundra has seen this condition since the G.W.Bush administration. Nervously peeking at the window sticker I was amazed and relieved to find it cost no more than mine new, and I began hastily justifying the purchase.

"A minty Tundra! What are the odds?!? It is a once in a lifetime opportunity," I reasoned. "Surely I cannot pass this up."

It did not take me long to look through the features and determine it had everything I could want, and more. Yet there was something that did not seem right. Something disingenuous. Something, dare I say, capitalistic?

Again I looked at the window sticker, and everything appeared correct, save a typographical error. "2014 Toyota Tundra," it read. Surely not, and I rolled my eyes appropriately. Yet in that seemingly insignificant gesture I briefly caught a glimpse of an entire fleet of Tundras, deviously placed side by side, and in an equally perfect state.

Scampering to the adjacent vehicle I noticed it too bore a 2014 date. Panic began to set in. I ran to another, then another. Soon there were four, then five, then nineteen more with the same model year.

Confusion turned to outrage. "How could this be?" I puzzled. "Could they be remaking, nay reFAKING, Toyota Tundras?"

I thought of all the special times I had spent with my truck. Those times when I knew I was one of the few on earth who had the opportunity to own one. All the memories taken away and replaced by bitterness. It was the foul taste of safety recalls and 13 MPG.

My rage built, and then I saw, some six vehicles away, a salesperson wandering near some 4Runners. No doubt ready to peddle these false wares on an unsuspecting buyer. That would not be me.

Boldly striding over, I removed my left glove and used it to deliver a strong backhanded slap across the chops, as I cried, "Good day to you!"

The salesperson gasped, tears welling, and darted into a nearby Geo Storm. Starting it after only two tries, the miscreant sped away.

In hindsight I'm not convinced she was a salesperson or even works there, but I believe my point was made, as it is now.

#2346 9 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

In hindsight I'm not convinced she was a salesperson or even works there, but I believe my point was made, as it is now.

So weird, one of Trophy's friends posted on Facebook that she was accosted by a creeper at Toyota of Cool Springs.

#2347 9 years ago

More story ! More story !

What happened to the tundras?
Did the sales person cry?
Were any lamps hurt in the making of this story?

#2348 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Good people watching.

This man speaks the truth.

HB pier is awesome... girls in bikinis everywhere!

#2349 9 years ago

Any Troniacs with 3d printers? I have found pretty much the perfect topper if one could be made using this model

tron-guy-3d-render.jpgtron-guy-3d-render.jpg
#2350 9 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Any Troniacs with 3d printers? I have found pretty much the perfect topper if one could be made using this model

tron-guy-3d-render.jpg 109 KB

Ha, that would make a killer shooter rod!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Trade
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,649 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/47 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.