tron1 (resized).jpg
tron2 (resized).jpg
IMG_4921 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4920 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6148 (resized).png
IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
There are 11,644 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 233.
#2251 9 years ago

Lookin' good Ryan!

#2253 9 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

Lookin' good Ryan!

Thanks Mike. I will post on pinballrevolution.com too

#2254 9 years ago

I just noticed that thread. Just voted for Tron

#2255 9 years ago

for people from west-europe, i'm selling mine...

pics : https://plus.google.com/photos/110304160913314353072/albums/6014108705987901649

(and for the lamp lovers, dont booh me, as it still shine in my garage !!! lol)

#2256 9 years ago

Just added even more mods-speaker inserts, lights and flippersimage-681.jpgimage-681.jpg

#2257 9 years ago

Blue DMD would finish it off dendoc

#2258 9 years ago

or ColorDMD gets a new product available for all us mod-mad tron-tramps

#2259 9 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

Blue DMD would finish it off dendoc

I agree. I think it's the least I can do the beast. Hope it makes me better at it. I'll never be able to afford to sell it with all these mods!

#2261 9 years ago

So it turns out my LE was originally intended to be an export game. But wasn't ever exported. But that means it has the single slot coin door. Most annoying part about that is that the single slot doesn't have a plug near the service switch assembly, so no way to use the inline PinVol product to add an external volume control. So I'm going to bite the bullet and just update it to a two slot door, since it'll look better that way. That coin door decal is only available as part of the $30 set, so that's another annoying part of the upgrade.

Also, blew the main fuse. Upon inspection, it's a 5A 20mm fuse in the export games, whereas all my US Sterns (LOTR, STLE, and MOPLE) have the full size fuses and according to the thing are 8A. I replaced the 5A with a 6.3A that I had one hand and it's working, so hopefully that's good enough.

It never ends with this thing. I just keep finding more and more things to do to it.

--Donnie

#2262 9 years ago

Again, I find myself asking:

Are you the biggest troll on Pinside?

Or, are you the biggest troll on Pinside?

#2263 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Again, I find myself asking

Could 12 million karma be considered posterbation?

#2264 9 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

Could 12 million karma be considered posterbation?

Witty!

#2265 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I just noticed that thread. Just voted for Tron

I'm not allowed to vote. I love them both! It would be like asking me which kid I like better... Actually it is tougher than that

#2266 9 years ago
Quoted from djb_rh:

So it turns out my LE was originally intended to be an export game. But wasn't ever exported. But that means it has the single slot coin door.

Don't they all have a single slot coin door ? My friend's has one and so does mine.

#2267 9 years ago
Quoted from djb_rh:

So it turns out my LE was originally intended to be an export game. But wasn't ever exported. But that means it has the single slot coin door. Most annoying part about that is that the single slot doesn't have a plug near the service switch assembly, so no way to use the inline PinVol product to add an external volume control. So I'm going to bite the bullet and just update it to a two slot door, since it'll look better that way. That coin door decal is only available as part of the $30 set, so that's another annoying part of the upgrade.
Also, blew the main fuse. Upon inspection, it's a 5A 20mm fuse in the export games, whereas all my US Sterns (LOTR, STLE, and MOPLE) have the full size fuses and according to the thing are 8A. I replaced the 5A with a 6.3A that I had one hand and it's working, so hopefully that's good enough.
It never ends with this thing. I just keep finding more and more things to do to it.
--Donnie

There is a wireless controller that accesses the sound and replicates the 4 control buttons inside the door. I installed this about a year ago and remain very happy with it. The only problem is where to leave it - currently inside the beverage holder bolted to the leg, but then where do I put the beer??????

#2268 9 years ago

and another portal misery... as often, quite "easy" to reach it, but after... (i love this pinball !!!)

#2269 9 years ago

again today, same shit with a fantastic 2.5M scored on that wizard mode...

#2270 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Don't they all have a single slot coin door ? My friend's has one and so does mine.

Hmm, I don't know. I went back a page or two in this thread looking at pics and saw a two slot, but it might not have been an LE? I may have just been assuming it was an export thing and it's not. Either way, I think the two slot looks better. Or at least "more normal" since basically all my other pins have two slot doors.

As for the wireless option, that's neat, but I really don't want another remote to keep up with when all I want is easy access to volume.

--Donnie

#2271 9 years ago

LEs came with single slot. Less weight for more speed

#2272 9 years ago

Stern ran out of 2 slot coin doors when they were making the LEs so they all got 1 slot coin doors. I know some people changed them to 2 slot coin doors to match their other pins, but they had to kick in the cost. This is the only time domestic games from Stern came with 1 slot coin doors (unlike export games which usually have 1 slot coin doors).

#2273 9 years ago

Tron rules! The gameplay is fast and challenging enough to keep me coming back, but the mods are truly one of the best features of the machine. Here are 2 shots from my last version of Tron to current....tron 1.jpgtron 1.jpgtron 2.jpgtron 2.jpgtron 1.jpgtron 1.jpg

#2274 9 years ago

Check out my new ride, we made some revisions from the prototype.

HuynhNgocLan-21.jpgHuynhNgocLan-21.jpg

images-417.jpegimages-417.jpeg

#2275 9 years ago

That looks slightly nicer than mine

troncycle.jpgtroncycle.jpg
#2276 9 years ago

At Morrissey show, watching opening band...
Should have stayed home 2 hours longer and played more Tron.
Bad... Soooo bad....

#2277 9 years ago
Quoted from eyeguypec:

...the mods are truly one of the best features of the machine

#2278 9 years ago

image-530.jpgimage-530.jpg

FINALLY got to Portal for the first time. SOS on ball 1 with all done except disc. Didn't choke for a change and lit Portal at the scoop. Didn't do that great in the mode, but it was a blast finally getting there, especially on ball 1. Kept rolling and got to SOS again on ball 2. Was Zuse and disc away from Portal for a second time in the same game. Didn't get there, but got my best score ever.

#2279 9 years ago

Nice! I've attained Portal once and then immediately drained. Another thing I love about Tron - so dam hard to beat! Sure, easy to play, but to get to Portal.........another story!

#2281 9 years ago

Troll.

#2282 9 years ago

Help needed. Just installed white CT Premium Frosted LEDs for my GI and they're too bright, especially in the back half and especially when they flash. I definitely want GI LEDs but I need to tone the brightness down. What type of LEDs are ya'll using for your GI?

To be clear, I'm referring to the 20-something playfield GI sockets, not the 2 spotlights or the 6 sockets along the upper rear of the playfield. Went with 2 white supers and 6 blue frosteds for those which fine.

P.s. I'm okay with a little color but don't want to see my Tron on the skittles thread.

#2283 9 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Help needed. Just installed white CT Premium Frosted LEDs for my GI and they're too bright, especially in the back half and especially when they flash. I definitely want GI LEDs but I need to tone the brightness down. What type of LEDs are ya'll using for your GI?
To be clear, I'm referring to the 20-something playfield GI sockets, not the 2 spotlights or the 6 sockets along the upper rear of the playfield. Went with 2 white supers and 6 blue frosteds for those which fine.
P.s. I'm okay with a little color but don't want to see my Tron on the skittles thread.

Orange / blue combat theme for sure.
20140527_221443.jpg20140527_221443.jpg
20140527_221511.jpg20140527_221511.jpg

Leave a bit of cool white in here..
20140527_221543.jpg20140527_221543.jpg

Coupla yellow/orange under the left ramp, leaving a white up the very back..
20140527_221558.jpg20140527_221558.jpg

Blue in the back corner, and down the right wall..
20140527_221626.jpg20140527_221626.jpg
20140527_221642.jpg20140527_221642.jpg

Enough colour to mix it up without being gaudy, and with a little context.

#2284 9 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Orange / blue combat theme for sure.

Leave a bit of cool white in here..

Coupla yellow/orange under the left ramp, leaving a white up the very back..

Blue in the back corner, and down the right wall..

Enough colour to mix it up without being gaudy, and with a little context.

20140527_221443.jpg 295 KB

20140527_221511.jpg 223 KB

20140527_221543.jpg 231 KB

20140527_221558.jpg 240 KB

20140527_221626.jpg 233 KB

20140527_221642.jpg 255 KB

Thanks for the tips!

#2285 9 years ago

Anyone thinking about adding some Glo-Balls: http://shop.modmypin.com/? I'm wondering if I should go with white or blue. I think it would look quite amazing. Of course, I'll need to figure out a solution to illuminate them when they are at rest...

#2286 9 years ago

Hmm, just realized that only the green ones are Glow-in-the-dark. That's a bummer.

#2287 9 years ago
Quoted from bjorg:

Anyone thinking about adding some Glo-Balls

I saw a new set of glo-balls put into a freshly shopped game and within ~20~ plays they were all nicked up and left tiny shards of itself all over the play field. I would pass on that experience.

All power balls in TRON is pretty cool but they wont glow of course.

#2288 9 years ago

Yuuuup...

#2289 9 years ago

Happy Day, Fantasy Football league activated today, now I can spend all summer planning my draft board and playing TRON & AC/DC

tumblr_lxtwtmeKlq1qdd8wro1_500-162.giftumblr_lxtwtmeKlq1qdd8wro1_500-162.gif

#2290 9 years ago

@time bandit : what are these inside-box decals you get in yours ?

@bjorg : i tried a white gumball in mine, its fun, more speedy (!!!), quickly dirty too, and i think with luck i didnt broke anything... my son finally asked to remove it

but even if it gives nothing more in the gameplay, why not !?

#2291 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

and playing TRON & AC/DC

quite the same, with TRON & MET...

#2292 9 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

@time bandit : what are these inside-box decals you get in yours ?
@bjorg : i tried a white gumball in mine, its fun, more speedy (!!!), quickly dirty too, and i think with luck i didnt broke anything... my son finally asked to remove it
but even if it gives nothing more in the gameplay, why not !?

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-custom-side-board-decals

#2293 9 years ago

completly missed this... tanx

#2294 9 years ago

Mobile Tron!! muahhahahahha

lol1.jpglol1.jpg

lol2.giflol2.gif

#2295 9 years ago

I just got a Tron LE. Manual and goodie still stapled in cab. Can anyone tell me if the LEs came with a certificate and did it come in the bag with the manual? I can't see it in the bag.

Thanks,
Dave

#2296 9 years ago

yes

no, it was in a plastic, paperglued on the main glass or the front panel as i remember...

edit : just checked old pictures, it was right on the backglass

#2297 9 years ago

TRON in Denver LoDo

#2298 9 years ago

Just found this thread....quick question: what is Lamp?

#2299 9 years ago

Lame ass modded pins?

Quoted from frunch:

what is Lamp

#2300 9 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

Just found this thread....quick question: what is Lamp?

tron-lamp-muppets-1.jpgtron-lamp-muppets-1.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Trade
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,644 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/46 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.