tron1 (resized).jpg
tron2 (resized).jpg
IMG_4921 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4920 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6148 (resized).png
IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
There are 11,640 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 233.
#2151 9 years ago

So my wife wins.

I should say that we're huge Disney people. That's one of the reasons my wife was cool with me dropping the coin for a TRON pinball machine. We go to Disney every year - this year, we're going twice (for her birthday this past March and for mine in October).

I just received my early birthday gift...

They only made 1000 of these. I am a bit floored that she was able to find these new in box. These will go WONDERFULLY with the TRON machine next week holy damn.

IMG_20140428_185754.jpgIMG_20140428_185754.jpg
#2153 9 years ago

Got my beauty yesterday. Already sub'd the translite for the 3D version, Flynn's sign in, now just got to put in the light mod, light cycles, arcade game, lit bumpers, clear spinner disc.................IMG_1761.JPGIMG_1761.JPGIMG_1762.JPGIMG_1762.JPG

#2154 9 years ago

So is this rubber debris or art work?
IMG_1764.JPGIMG_1764.JPGIMG_1763.JPGIMG_1763.JPG

#2156 9 years ago

I love my tron I got a second one just in case

#2157 9 years ago

Thanks. Ordered the wicked clear spinner already. Will give it a clean when I take the ramps off to fit the light mods.

I don't know if I'll be even more in the bad books with the wife if I hang this near the machine?
2910313263074040_1.jpg2910313263074040_1.jpg

#2158 9 years ago

@dendoc,

You need 2 of these http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1880 to replace the black rubber knobs that are to the left and right of the spinning disc opening.

I installed them last September and haven't had an issue with rubber debris since. Very highly recommended!

#2159 9 years ago

To clarify, I still have the black spinning disc. The debris is definitively from the knobs since mine is now gone. However, I still get dark residue on my white rubber bands.

#2160 9 years ago

Thanks. Can you send a pic some time? Just wonder how they look. Maybe they make clear ones?

#2161 9 years ago

Rubber debris and mostly from the spinning disc (or it might be Mickey's dirty foot prints)

#2162 9 years ago
Quoted from bjorg:

@dendoc,
You need 2 of these http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1880 to replace the black rubber knobs that are to the left and right of the spinning disc opening.
I installed them last September and haven't had an issue with rubber debris since. Very highly recommended!

Yeah, if you could snap a pic of these installed, that would be sweet.

#2163 9 years ago

Nice! That would be the spinning disc debris, I believe.

#2164 9 years ago

Hang the consequences, stuck Olivia up to keep me company.IMG_1770.JPGIMG_1770.JPG

#2165 9 years ago

So I just made SOS. Nail the gem shot on my second attempt, bottom pop shoots it straight to the left outlane so fast and efficiently I barely saw it drain. Back to the drawing board...

#2166 9 years ago

First time I lit Portal I clanked the scoop shot and tilted trying to save it. Match Event

#2167 9 years ago

I am slowly getting further up the SOS ladder. Tonight I reached it with everything lit solid except LC and Zuse. Nailed the z, u and s but the e eluded me. I normally never shoot for e as it always seems to get a random hit.

Btw...I dont think I have seen it mentioned yet but congrats to Olivia and Jason on the arrival of their new baby boy. The game has changed, son of Quorra.

#2169 9 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

leaving the cult...

That just means we get 2 new members!

#2171 9 years ago

Here's a pic of the blue pads next to the disc.
IMG_1776.jpgIMG_1776.jpg

#2172 9 years ago
Quoted from bjorg:

IMG_1776.jpg 50 KB

Thanks.

#2173 9 years ago

Right, ramps off, going to install light cycles and EL wire mod. Whats the favoured method of attaching wire - zip ties, sticky tape?

#2175 9 years ago

Thanks for that link. I hadn't seen it, now I'm glad I hadn't started. Looking forward to a weekend project.

#2176 9 years ago

Are you the biggest troll on Pinside ever?

Or, are you the biggest troll on Pinside ever?

#2178 9 years ago

I saw Centerflank's TRON pop up in the WoZ thread. It got me thinking...

Should I buy clear rubbers for mine? Anyone else have them? If so, any assistance on what to order?

Quoted from bjorg:

IMG_1776.jpg 50 KB

Thanks for this. I may order these at some point, especially if it helps with rubber gunk.

#2179 9 years ago

I just got the clear disc rubber this week. Now getting clear superbands for the flippers and posts. Can't wait to stop having so many black streaks!

#2180 9 years ago

On another note, got the chrome armor installed, which replaced the orange one it had on when I bought it. I had actually never seen the original LE armor before. It looks AMAZING!

IMG_1765.jpgIMG_1765.jpg
#2182 9 years ago

this machines is sooo uncoded an unapreciated by stern its sad

#2183 9 years ago

TRON

1143673_o.gif1143673_o.gif

#2185 9 years ago

TRON is better than WOZ

Castor.gifCastor.gif
#2186 9 years ago

TRON > woz

anyone own one of these rare gems??

TRON-CASTOR-rsuperrare.jpgTRON-CASTOR-rsuperrare.jpg

#2187 9 years ago

Every time I see clips like those it makes me think how Tron would be even awesomer with an LCD

#2189 9 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

So I just made SOS. Nail the gem shot on my second attempt, bottom pop shoots it straight to the left outlane so fast and efficiently I barely saw it drain. Back to the drawing board...

You wouldn't think it's possible two duplicate this feat. You'd be wrong. Exact same thing... Again. Grrr.

#2191 9 years ago

I can't believe the English on the ball. Even when not coming off the disc. Two times in one game, the ball skipped over the low right ball guide in lane into the outlane. The first time I was like wait, what? Must have been in the outlane and saw it wrong. Second time it happened I was like wait, what...the f@$*

I also get crazy back spin out of the right ball drop. Hit the playfield, starts down the inlane, back spin back up the inlane into the outlane.

#2192 9 years ago

What's the easiest way to gain access to the spinning disc for cleaning or replacing?

#2194 9 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

What's the easiest way to gain access to the spinning disc for cleaning or replacing?

Lift up the pf and loosen the 4 bulb sockets around the spinning disc motor and remove the 4 screws holding the motor mount. There is just one(I think?) easy wire harness connector to unclip and you are good to go.

#2195 9 years ago

I don't get anything like the action you guys are talking about when it shoots out.
What should I clean it with? Or should I just replace? Machine has 1250 games on it.

#2196 9 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

What should I clean it with? Or should I just replace? Machine has 1250 games on it.

Mine was quite worn down by that many plays, actually cracked the plastic disc that the pad adheres to. PBL has them if you need one, good to have on hand anyway.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2539

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2540

But if you are feeling adventurous, get this but it will take a long time for delivery ~6weeks~

http://www.pinballcenter.eu/catalog/disc-rubber-set-transparent-tron-legacy-p-6216.html?language=english

#2197 9 years ago

What is lamp???

#2198 9 years ago

I keep coming back to this awesome thread and once again I must say I really love this pin. The honeymoon just keeps going and going. I find myself totally immersed in Tron. Lights, sounds and game play. Just killer.

#2199 9 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

I do it the lazy way and lower the target, then rub the disc with some Purple Power

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
There are 11,640 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.