(Topic ID: 54093)

Official TRON lovefest thread, I love it more than Lightning Kitty.

By centerflank

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9,254 posts
  • 466 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by snaroff
  • Topic is favorited by 139 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is TRON super awesome or are you a hater?”

• TRON is unreal, centerflank is supersmart. 394 votes
    71%
  • TRON blows, voters for this option have a small dingy :( 102 votes
    18%
  • Never played TRON, but if Centerflank likes it, it must be fun!!!! 59 votes
    11%

(555 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,242 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_2437 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2436 (resized).jpeg
TRON Wall.jpg
Image 8-16-19 at 2.33 PM (resized).jpeg
6562534A-2277-4FB0-87DB-6FE301BFA387 (resized).jpeg
16FFBE1E-E1CA-4567-AEE7-67372E96B244 (resized).jpeg
6C186F29-9677-4D16-8F22-A62CF5B38F1F (resized).jpeg
F91E8EB0-318F-4E97-9D64-05C1BA6A0AF3 (resized).jpeg
391B3511-8217-4786-9917-60F3818D792E (resized).jpeg
D8C6B3B7-A9AD-4EBA-A5B7-F9BF6FBD043F (resized).jpeg
79E9CC73-FBBE-435A-B134-B3F540755ADA (resized).jpeg
961C656A-F8E7-44B8-877E-596B182A6FD5 (resized).jpeg
69897D74-B9C8-461C-B8C9-50597E3D99C1 (resized).jpeg
B2982FC6-34B6-486C-B1C7-42B73C83ED28 (resized).jpeg
6B1A83B5-89F8-4AC4-866D-A768DBC70E2B (resized).jpeg
IMG_2387 (resized).jpeg

There are 9254 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 186.
#2102 5 years ago

I'll probably order a clear disc soon so it gets here around when TRON does.

Unrelated to that disc, anyone have opinions on games that compliment the flow and feel of TRON? I'm trying to feel out a second pin that will sit well with TRON, but I'm not 100% sure on what that pin may be.

#2104 5 years ago

Wife won't allow that theme, haha.

#2105 5 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I'll probably order a clear disc soon so it gets here around when TRON does.
Unrelated to that disc, anyone have opinions on games that compliment the flow and feel of TRON? I'm trying to feel out a second pin that will sit well with TRON, but I'm not 100% sure on what that pin may be.

Try out Johnny Mnemonic - fast ramps and great rules. Some say the glove slows things down, but a cool feature that's very different.

#2106 5 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

TRON makes me want to....
» YouTube video

The "original" verstion of the song from the 80s. maybe less classy, but still a funny theme.
Better in the pants than on the tron!

#2107 5 years ago

Finally recieved my clear disc from Germany.

image-445.jpg

I think I'm going to need extra adhesive.

#2108 5 years ago

So my arcade scoop stopped firing. Took it apart and found the flasher that is part of the arcade mod wired into the switch was blocking the armature. Since I didn't install this mod, I don't know where the pancake led is supposed to mount. Can anyone tell me where it's supposed to be mounted at with the double sided tape?

#2109 5 years ago

anywhere on the wood that's right near the scoop opening will work

#2111 5 years ago
Quoted from retired_user_101:

what in the world did they mail you?

Looks like an Eprom chip in the picture , think it says T2 L8 . Maybe he ordered a chip along with the clear disk and forgot to post a picture of the actual disk . Just my 2 cents.

#2112 5 years ago

tron really looks awesome with the blue dmd.. just so cool...
IMAG3273.jpg

#2113 5 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

image-445.jpg 115 KB

Oh dear - a ROM from a T2???

#2114 5 years ago

Question for Tron lovers : why is there no radio jukebox option for such an excellent soundtrack and game ?

You know like AC/DC and Metallica.

Pretty sure they could easily patch that up with a small update.

You should be the president of that club Flank. Give us radio or we riot.

#2115 5 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

You should be the president of that club Flank. Give us radio or we riot.

Nah, thats not for me, we need someone EPIC!

#2116 5 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Nah, thats not for me, we need someone EPIC!

Than let's start an election for that perfect candidate. You were my first choice....... Let me think

#2117 5 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Than let's start an election for that perfect candidate. You were my first choice....... Let me think

Mustache cop!

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-bid-thee-adieu

#2119 5 years ago

Off topic but I just watched Anchor Man 2 and there is a scene with four pinball machines in the background. One of them I identified as a Harlem Globetrotters, But I couldn't identify the other three. Does anyone know what the other three were??

#2121 5 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Good pick.......... Houseofpins ?

Nah, he would just give the entire rundown of his purchase&sales history every time the code subject came up.

#2122 5 years ago
Quoted from retired_user_101:

what in the world did they mail you?

Quoted from Scarpie:

Looks like an Eprom chip in the picture , think it says T2 L8 . Maybe he ordered a chip along with the clear disk and forgot to post a picture of the actual disk . Just my 2 cents.

Yep, I waited over two week for a T2 chip. No, I didn't order it. They must have thought that's what I really wanted. You can see the packing invoice says Tron transparent rubber disc set. I must say they were good about getting a replacement sent out. Just a bummer I will probably have to wait another two weeks.

#2123 5 years ago
Quoted from MXV:

anywhere on the wood that's right near the scoop opening will work

Cool. That's where I have it now. Inside the scoop on the wood just in front of the armature.

#2124 5 years ago

TRON should be here in 2 weeks or less. This wait is killing me.

#2125 5 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

image-445.jpg 115 KB

Duck and cover... I have that disc and it fires that ball out at a very scary rate!!!

BSL

#2127 5 years ago

I got it from a couple in Orlando, FL. Don with Pinballs on the Move is bringing it, but he's going to Allentown first.

#2128 5 years ago

OK - I've spent a few days researching pins. I've narrowed it down to two I think I'd enjoy having along with my TRON. I did look into JM, but I was worried that the glove slowed the game down.

Having said that, I have two games that I'm considering.

RBION and BSD. JM is still a contender since I like what I've seen (outside of the pacing associated with the glove...). Any opinions on which game will pair nicely with TRON?

#2129 5 years ago

BSD, JM, and Tron are all pretty shallow. Go with the deepest pin of that bunch: RBION.

#2131 5 years ago

I agree with Rob's assessment of the rule depth, but I would still go BSD from those, all else equal.

Anyways SNAP OUTTA IT, you got a Tron coming, focus on the prize!

#2132 5 years ago

No reason I can't have two pins, eh?

#2133 5 years ago

Id personally get an AC/DC premium version....

DSC08626.JPG

#2134 5 years ago

yeah... a deeper game would mos def be a great choice next to tron.

how about another stern game with a deep ruleset like LOTR??

Quoted from Erik:

I agree with Rob's assessment of the rule depth, but I would still go BSD from those, all else equal.
Anyways SNAP OUTTA IT, you got a Tron coming, focus on the prize!

#2136 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

BSD, JM, and Tron are all pretty shallow. Go with the deepest pin of that bunch: RBION.

I concur. I'm guessing you're picking these to stay in the $3k and under budget land?

RBION is a fun pin, definitely plays a lot differently than Tron (and BSD and JM for that matter). It's Lawlor, with that more quirky stop and go kind of style, but it's hard, good luck spelling all the letters to get to Atlantis. Johnny and Dracula are fast and flowy and pretty brutal, just like Tron. If you want more of the same, just a different flavor, go for it. But personally I'm an advocate of switching it up, give yourself more styles to choose from on any given night when you walk into the game room, depending on your mood.

#2137 5 years ago

Oh, that reminds me from that pic I took a few weeks ago, I got a Comet LED brighten up my TZ package in the mail today from OldPinGuy so I threw them all in to see the difference. TZ is just a horribly lit game especially next to an ACDC or StarTrek. Ill edit in the new pic in a minute....

DSC08738.JPG

DSC08739.JPG

DSC08744.JPG

#2138 5 years ago

yeah bro.... that TZ looks dark as hell over in the corner. poor TZ.

let's get some new pics stat

Quoted from centerflank:

Oh, that reminds me from that pic I took a few weeks ago, I got a Comet LED brighten up my TZ package in the mail today from OldPinGuy so I threw them all in to see the difference. TZ is just a horribly lit game especially next to an ACDC or StarTrek. Ill edit in the new pic in a minute....

#2141 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I concur. I'm guessing you're picking these to stay in the $3k and under budget land?
RBION is a fun pin, definitely plays a lot differently than Tron (and BSD and JM for that matter). It's Lawlor, with that more quirky stop and go kind of style, but it's hard, good luck spelling all the letters to get to Atlantis. Johnny and Dracula are fast and flowy and pretty brutal, just like Tron. If you want more of the same, just a different flavor, go for it. But personally I'm an advocate of switching it up, give yourself more styles to choose from on any given night when you walk into the game room, depending on your mood.

Yeah, trying to keep the second pin on the lower end price wise. TRON is my holy grail, so she will be sitting here for a long, long time. Whatever I grab next will be one that I won't be too hurt if it leaves. The only BIG beef I have with RBION is that I can play it on Pinball Arcade whenever I want. I know they play vastly different, but it's just something that crosses my mind as I consider things...

#2142 5 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

OK - I've spent a few days researching pins. I've narrowed it down to two I think I'd enjoy having along with my TRON. I did look into JM, but I was worried that the glove slowed the game down.
Having said that, I have two games that I'm considering.
RBION and BSD. JM is still a contender since I like what I've seen (outside of the pacing associated with the glove...). Any opinions on which game will pair nicely with TRON?

BSD next to a Tron? Nah

image-407.jpg

I had LOTR next to it for a long time, and that was a great combo.

#2143 5 years ago

Oh and regarding LotR, wife says no to that for personal reasons, haha. Also I don't like LotR, so that helps that argument!

#2145 5 years ago

Watched TRON again last night in preparation. Next week can't come soon enough...

#2147 5 years ago

Voted...

(and again, after playing WOZ several more times at MGC... I still have the same opinions from day-1 of ever playing it... weak-ass flipper-feel causing sluggish play & stupid theme for modern pinball (even if 90% of all new pinballs do end-up in private homes) (but, undoubtably one of the nicest looking machines ever made)

Tron forever!!!! (end-of-line)

#2149 5 years ago
Quoted from Timerider:

Tron forever!!!! (end-of-line)

oddly enough this is written in the bible near the end somewhere...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 399.95
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
There are 9254 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 186.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside