IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3026 (resized).png
IMG_3018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
TRON_SpinDisc Mounted (resized).jpg
IMG_5680 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1247 (resized).jpeg
There are 11,635 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 233.
#2051 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I wonder if the view changes if you look to the side and back? As in, can you see the other light cycles you are racing against, would be awesome to link up 6-8 cycles on the same grid....Very cool stuff!

Think its only a small percentage finished… The final code will have cycles beside you etc like the real thing!

#2052 10 years ago

Flynn's sign and dkpinball 8way plug in. Waiting on my clear disc rubber pad and I'm out of things to add. I have been trying to get a flashers harness for my le apron from kimball but haven't recieved an email back. Would love to design a cool speaker panel overlay but i have zero skills in that area. i hate the solid black panel.

Question on the sub, I have the Polk 110 sub but I have terrible feedback when the game is in attract mode. I checked positive and negative leads. Suggestions or is that normal?

What a sweet game.

#2053 10 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

i hate the solid black panel.

You dont like this one? PinheadPuckguy makes it.....best Ive seen so far, any other out there? Did hassanchop make one?

DSC09975.JPGDSC09975.JPG

#2054 10 years ago

Should I order a clear rubber disc for when mine comes? If so, where is it from?

And is that glare guard necessary? That speaker panel is tits...

#2055 10 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Saw this in the "I such at TRON thread". Around 0:43, he starts cradling the ball with the lower left while still flipping to upper flipper. How does that work?
https://www.youtube.com/embed/Uxu4ImOd4nM?autoplay=1&rel=0

Here is the tutorial I promised:

#2056 10 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

Here is the tutorial I promised:
» YouTube video

Fantastic - thank you! Being able to transition to stage flipping on the fly will be a HUGE game changer.

#2057 10 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Fantastic - thank you! Being able to transition to stage flipping on the fly will be a HUGE game changer.

Using that trick is very easy.
And yes, if you use it to play tron you will master the game

#2058 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

You dont like this one? PinheadPuckguy makes it.....best Ive seen so far, any other out there? Did hassanchop make one?

DSC09975.JPG 208 KB

I like "the game has changed". Not sold on the grid lines.

I found this fan art. I would love to custom one in that vein with the game has changed incorporated.

image-414.jpgimage-414.jpg

#2059 10 years ago

This wouldn't be too terribly tough.

- I would change the LEGACY to THE GAME HAS CHANGED.
- I would maybe nix the discs as they would look kind of dumb with the speakers and possible acrylic cover.
- I'd keep the carbon fiber pattern throughout.

If I had dimensions of the speaker cover, I could do a mockup on a piece of wood...

E: Mind the crappy MS Paint rendition. I just moved some crap around and put some thoughts together.

MSPaint mockup.jpgMSPaint mockup.jpg

#2060 10 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

This wouldn't be too terribly tough.
- I would change the LEGACY to THE GAME HAS CHANGED.
- I would maybe nix the discs as they would look kind of dumb with the speakers and possible acrylic cover.
- I'd keep the carbon fiber pattern throughout.
If I had dimensions of the speaker cover, I could do a mockup on a piece of wood...
E: Mind the crappy MS Paint rendition. I just moved some crap around and put some thoughts together.

MSPaint mockup.jpg 43 KB

That's what I was thinking but have the blue lines flow around the dmd cutout.

Also those two quarter circles in each corner would look good around the speakers. Wish I had skills.

#2061 10 years ago

i found these older pics i had saved of anything and everything tron pinball

tronSTERNseminar.jpgtronSTERNseminar.jpg
tronseminarstats.jpgtronseminarstats.jpg
tronpinballwhitewood.jpgtronpinballwhitewood.jpg
tronprotoramps.jpgtronprotoramps.jpg
tronealryramps.jpgtronealryramps.jpg
tronpi.jpgtronpi.jpg
tronpinballs.jpgtronpinballs.jpg
tronlepics.jpgtronlepics.jpg
TROncadedrawing.jpgTROncadedrawing.jpg

#2063 10 years ago

Legs, lockdown, siderails, and hinges are out to the powdercoating plant today! Still waiting for the machine, but this is one more step in the right direction!

#2064 10 years ago

Tron Pro with the LED OCD board installed. This is fking awesome. You HAVE to get it in there. This is straight in and all default settings. I didn't even start to look at the software. Beautiful right out of the gate. Fantastic work Herg!

#2065 10 years ago

That video is private
We No See!

#2067 10 years ago

Still coming up as private for me.

#2069 10 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Tron Pro with the LED OCD board installed. This is fking awesome. You HAVE to get it in there. This is straight in and all default settings. I didn't even start to look at the software. Beautiful right out of the gate. Fantastic work Herg!
» YouTube video

I'm trying to get my hands on one. Out of stock everywhere.

#2070 10 years ago

What IS LED OCD??

#2072 10 years ago

Working from mobile not in good signal makes it hard to search, sorry. Thanks for link.

#2073 10 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

» YouTube video

Oh, crap! That looks amazing during the attract screen, when the LEDs are normally pulsing away in seizure mode...

#2074 10 years ago

Is the waiting list just the "Notify Me" on their site, or is there something else?

Edit: Referring to the GI OCD board, of course.

#2075 10 years ago
Quoted from ignusfast:

Is the waiting list just the "Notify Me" on their site, or is there something else?
Edit: Referring to the GI OCD board, of course.

You don't want the GI OCD board just to be super clear, that's for Williams games only. You want the LED OCD.

Tron is a really great game for it since there is so much use of flashing inserts during gameplay, not just the attract mode (which looks great).

#2076 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You don't want the GI OCD board just to be super clear, that's for Williams games only. You want the LED OCD.
Tron is a really great game for it since there is so much use of flashing inserts during gameplay, not just the attract mode (which looks great).

Yeah, sorry, meant LED OCD. I knew there was a different board for WPC vs. SAM/Whitestar.

During a game of TRON the inserts don't bother me so much, since it's such a fast game.

I will sometimes just watch the attract show and it's then that the strobing bothers the shit out of me. Especially in the mode where it's trying to pull off the slow pulses up the ladder; but LEDs just switch too damned fast, and I think I'm going to have a seizure.

#2077 10 years ago

Man I am just digging this game so much. I'm actually thinking about trying to upgrade to the LE. It's earned its place as a keeper for me. Fantastic game!

#2079 10 years ago

Yeah, there's two actually. If I do decide to, I'm hoping to find one closer.

#2080 10 years ago

So after buying Herbert's Tron some weeks ago, I'm finally ready to post as part of the proud Tron owners. Like many, it's been mod central since it arrived. Then I ran out of mods that I have here. The rest are on order and awaiting arrival, at which point I should feel complete. I always wanted a Tron and had played it a lot on location, but it really amazed me how much more I enjoyed it once I finally got it in the home environment. Hard to imagine it could have gotten better, but it did.

Previous mods:
Eli ramp kit
Arcade mod v3.1

So a list of added mods since it's arrival:
Flipper fidelity speakers with 10" sub (amazing!)
Shaker motor
Invisiglass
White LED DMD with blue filter
Speaker grill disc inserts
Speaker lighting
Backbox and undercab lighting from Pinball Refinery
Flynn sign
8 port power adapter
Hooked pop caps (black)
Clu figure / Gem Figure / Clu Ship / Castor with EL cane and flasher
Hallmark lighted cycles
Lighted recognizer
Plastic protector kit
Arcade scoop flasher
Target decals
Changed all to white rubbers and some clear (back by the disc)
Under playfield rails (so much better for doing all other mods)
LED OCD board
Disc keychain
Blue coin reject buttons
Blue start button
Custom LEDs for all inserts and GI - almost all Comet -(very happy with the results)
- did a few things I like here which I'll point out in another post.
Clear rubber for the disc
Encom and Tron decals

Mods on order:
Blue armor with Tron cutout and EL backlight from pinball refinery
Metal apron with custom lighting from pinball refinery
The custom speaker panel and pin gulp from pinheadpuckguy
Mirror blades - here, but need to install armor first

I think that covers it all. I know it's been said over and over, but I don't tire of seeing or reading about others Trons, so why not write it all again.

Before:image-572.jpgimage-572.jpgimage-206.jpgimage-206.jpg

Current:image-103.jpgimage-103.jpgimage-651.jpgimage-651.jpg

#2082 10 years ago

When I did my lighting I had a few choices I wasn't sure how head turn out, but now after some time, I think I found what I'm going to go with. Since there's no insert for the Gem shot, I wanted to make it more apparent.

I have the Gem figure attached by the shot, but wanted more. So, I have three different colors I tried to color the GEM insert and the lone GI bulb that's exposed to the eye in the loop. I first tried Cyan, which I graciously got from Comet as an add-in (Thanks!). This was too close to the green bulb I have in the opposing side GI slot for Quorra. So I tried both the turquoise and teal from pinball center. At the end, the turquoise won since it had the biggest difference. The frosted bulb is easy on the eye and the color match to the insert makes it that much easier to point out the Gem shot to anyone.

image-387.jpgimage-387.jpgimage-574.jpgimage-574.jpg

The next was that I went for various colors under the disc when I installed the clear rubber. I tried UV, purple, red, and pink. I ended up on Pink in the back and red in the front. A good mix of bright and red. I then opted to go yellow on the left sling area instead of orange. This made it brighter, but this is also where the optix Maximus killed it. Normally yellow and orange always disappointed me for output, but these blew me away. Didn't feel weak and were a great shade of the color. Doesn't make me feel like I color bombed it since it isn't dark, and it holds different than he other orange areas (zen and Tron targets).

I did the same with the inserts too, I made the clu heads orange and light cycle yellow and it really worked out well to give me different colors for each insert. Couldn't be happier with my Comet LED experience.

#2083 10 years ago
Quoted from retired_user_101:

looking great !
hopefully you're logging tons of games on it.

Tons indeed! Games on it every step of the way. And tonight is the first time I reached Portal. Didn't think it would ever happen, then bam - set my new high on JM today, then set my new high in Tron (see you later HBS).

#2084 10 years ago

I had two other points I wanted to make that I haven't read yet in this thread. (Been following it for a long time).

First - the music, is it just me, or is the music for SOS pretty much the best ever? It is so damn good and you feel accomplished for getting to it and you get rewarded with it, so you can't really get burned out on the track. Since tonight was the first night I actually best SOS, I got a good listen to it. The music pumps you up and the added sounds of the completed modes chime in before you start. Flawless. Does it get better?

Second - for those who have installed the clear disc rubber. What's the craziest spin you've seen? I have 2 really notable ones that just made my jaw drop. First was when it was fresh and new - ball whipped out flew down past the flippers, bounced back up from the dead and went all the way up to make the Gem loop! Second was just today - ball whipped out and went down the left outlane instantly and as it reached the middle between the flippers it stopped and rolled back up between them to rest on my right flipper! It didn't bounce off anything, it just straight up changed directions on its own. What have you seen?

#2085 10 years ago

I want to order a clear disc, but hearing about those crazy flings makes me worry so much about plastics...I feel like the ball would break things.

#2086 10 years ago

After having installed for awhile, it's worth the risk to me. It made an amazing difference, and moments like I mentioned are worth it. I also have protectors on too, so putting those to work as well, but no breakages at this point.

#2087 10 years ago
Quoted from McSirTuna:

After having installed for awhile, it's worth the risk to me. It made an amazing difference, and moments like I mentioned are worth it. I also have protectors on too, so putting those to work as well, but no breakages at this point.

That's true...Just worries me a little.

Where do you order the clear disc at?

#2089 10 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I want to order a clear disc, but hearing about those crazy flings makes me worry so much about plastics...I feel like the ball would break things.

I've had it in there for a bit now, and while it's crazy, it's not been destructive yet. The funniest thing it's done so far was one shot that went straight in, shot to the right, and stuck under the rubber in the disk area. I had to ask my wife with her tiny hands to reach in there and get it.

I've actually had more glass and plastic hits on my ST Pro, and that's WITH the slings turned down quite a bit.

#2090 10 years ago
Quoted from ignusfast:

I've had it in there for a bit now, and while it's crazy, it's not been destructive yet. The funniest thing it's done so far was one shot that went straight in, shot to the right, and stuck under the rubber in the disk area. I had to ask my wife with her tiny hands to reach in there and get it.

mrs-ignusfast.jpgmrs-ignusfast.jpg
#2092 10 years ago

For anyone concerned on breakage with the clear disc pad, Ive had mine in a few months now and no damage. It is highly possible though, Ive had it come screaming out and land in the shooter lane, the spin McSirTuna mentions is just unreal, seeing what it can do just brings a big warm smile to my face usually accompanied by "Holy F@@K!

Just do it man! Get a new disc from PBL and add a little adhesive all around the edges to keep it snug. Happy TRONNING!

tron_nike_dunks_by_kaycunana-d389e29.jpgtron_nike_dunks_by_kaycunana-d389e29.jpg

#2093 10 years ago

I'm still waiting on my disc from pinball center. 15 days and counting.

Centerflank, the pad adhesive isn't enough? You added more to the edges? If so, what did you use?

#2094 10 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Centerflank, the pad adhesive isn't enough? You added more to the edges? If so, what did you use?

Other people that just used the attached sticky back of the pad got some lifting of the edges and it can quickly chunk out.

I used Helmar scrapbooking adhesive my wife has laying around, its held up well so far. Rubber cement would probably work great too.

6a010535f181dc970c014e60876160970c-320wi.jpg6a010535f181dc970c014e60876160970c-320wi.jpg

#2095 10 years ago

Perfect. Thanks for the tip and heads up.

#2096 10 years ago

I had my center pad fly out during a game about 3 days after installing. I used superglue and re-adhered. Been great ever since. If I could do it all over again I'd spent the extra $20 and order a fresh disc rather than try to scrape the black rubber and adhesive from the old disc. It sure will make you work to save that extra $$.

#2097 10 years ago

I just ordered the translucent adhesives. Where can you order a fresh disc? Thanks.

#2098 10 years ago

TRON makes me want to....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Beach, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

There are 11,635 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/42 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.