tron1 (resized).jpg
tron2 (resized).jpg
IMG_4921 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4920 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6148 (resized).png
IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
There are 11,648 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 233.
#2001 10 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

dkpinball said:

Actually, I think the Flynn's sign is on the virtual table!

Are you going to make anymore? The site says they are out

They're now available again, thanks!

#2002 10 years ago

Ordered, thanks. Of course I ordered your 8way plug two days ago. Timing has never been my strong suit.

#2003 10 years ago

Wait til you see what DK adds to the site tomorrow!

#2004 10 years ago

Hey DK you should make a little board that does what this ribbon cable resistor connector does. I need it!
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/smartdmd-dmd-interface-with-colors-upscaling-network-and-more

Yes I could make one like oga83 shows but it would end up looking like ass and I don't like things that look like ass. Well, other than ass

#2005 10 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

ohh... do tell do tell. any hints

#2006 10 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

Erik said:

ohh... do tell do tell. any hints

This sounds weird but I'm curious to know too. What am I adding tomorrow??

#2007 10 years ago

nuthin. I was messing with Skins

Post edited by Erik: Pretty sure aforementioned resistor board would be a great addition tho

#2008 10 years ago

I will be picking up a Tron pro this weekend , so stoked . Is ther anyone out there that could give me instructions or a thread on how to hook up an external subwoofer. It's a 10" ported and powered Yamaha sub witha RCA jack connection.
Thanks for any and all help.
image-612.jpgimage-612.jpg

#2010 10 years ago

Saw this in the "I such at TRON thread". Around 0:43, he starts cradling the ball with the lower left while still flipping to upper flipper. How does that work?

https://www.youtube.com/embed/Uxu4ImOd4nM?autoplay=1&rel=0

#2011 10 years ago

Release the button only half way when cradling and you will only lower the upper flipper.

#2012 10 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Saw this in the "I such at TRON thread". Around 0:43, he starts cradling the ball with the lower left while still flipping to upper flipper. How does that work?
https://www.youtube.com/embed/Uxu4ImOd4nM?autoplay=1&rel=0

I'm gonna do a tutorial of how to do that with ease. It's a very simple trick heheheh
In a few days I will post it here

Today I made the most unusual 4 ball cradle of the left flipper:
2014-04-11 19.10.12.jpg2014-04-11 19.10.12.jpg

#2013 10 years ago

Sexy time...

image-284.jpgimage-284.jpgimage-123.jpgimage-123.jpgimage-103.jpgimage-103.jpg

I have them installed. Looks bombdiggity. Also got my backbox flasher kit from mike at flipper fidelity. What a great guy to deal with!! Also arriving today, Pinbits devo hats and Polk sub 110.

#2015 10 years ago

For sure. I'm having a cigar/beer break. Then back at it! Pics to follow.

#2016 10 years ago

Will you show the connection from the EL lighting into the game? Like what kind of connection it is? I want to wire my own, just not sure how that specific part looks.

#2017 10 years ago

I would have but like my last post said, I already have them installed. Did you get your rails/hinges yet?

#2018 10 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

I will be picking up a Tron pro this weekend , so stoked . Is ther anyone out there that could give me instructions or a thread on how to hook up an external subwoofer. It's a 10" ported and powered Yamaha sub witha RCA jack connection.
Thanks for any and all help.

Congrats on the pickup!

You lop off the RCA plug from the end of that cable, disconnect the cabinet speaker, and connect the cabinet wires to the sub's cable.

Since you're not using high level inputs you should probably check impedance of that sub at the input jack.

#2020 10 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

I would have but like my last post said, I already have them installed. Did you get your rails/hinges yet?

They are due in Monday!

And not the tape to rails connection, but do you have a pic of the cord plugging into something in the machine? Like a power supply or something? I can get the EL tape wired, but I just don't know how to end the connection into the machine...That's my point of confusion at the moment.

#2021 10 years ago
Quoted from retired_user_101:

same here

tron-zino.jpg 112 KB

I stopped smoking cigars awhile ago, but man, when I see pics of high quality ones like those, the cravings come back

#2022 10 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

And not the tape to rails connection, but do you have a pic of the cord plugging into something in the machine? Like a power supply or something? I can get the EL tape wired, but I just don't know how to end the connection into the machine...That's my point of confusion at the moment.

If youre adding a bunch of mods you need this:
http://www.dkpinball.com/DKWP/?page_id=396

Then just get some 3-pin connectors and bathe in the glow!

tron-daft-punk.jpgtron-daft-punk.jpg
#2024 10 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

If youre adding a bunch of mods you need this:
http://www.dkpinball.com/DKWP/?page_id=396
Then just get some 3-pin connectors and bathe in the glow!

tron-daft-punk.jpg 23 KB

Oh wow, this is clutch. Going to order this immediately! Thanks!

#2025 10 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

They are due in Monday!

Oh, that connection. There is an extra power plug in the front of the game near the shooter rod. When I bought mine, it already had a four way splitter installed. I'm actually out of plugs so I had to unplug a mod to test them out. I have an 8 way splitter from dkpinballs on the way. I can snap a picture of the current setup.

#2026 10 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Sexy time...

I have them installed. Looks bombdiggity. Also got my backbox flasher kit from mike at flipper fidelity. What a great guy to deal with!! Also arriving today, Pinbits devo hats and Polk sub 110.

image-103.jpg 173 KB

image-284.jpg 191 KB

image-123.jpg 170 KB

Where can I find those sweet legs and rails?

#2027 10 years ago

TRON lockdown has no tourneyment button, right? Fixing to order a new one so I can get everything powder coated at once.

#2029 10 years ago

Cool, that's the one I have in my cart. I don't want to not be able to play when my game shows up, but is it worth buying a whole new set of legs and lockdown? I could always sell the old ones after the new ones are on, right? Or do people not buy that kind of stuff?

#2030 10 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Cool, that's the one I have in my cart. I don't want to not be able to play when my game shows up, but is it worth buying a whole new set of legs and lockdown? I could always sell the old ones after the new ones are on, right? Or do people not buy that kind of stuff?

It's pretty brutal not being able to play the game when the parts are being powder coated or chromed... I've done that three times now, with the average downtime being 3-4 weeks. I now have an extra set lying around so I don't have to do that anymore (unless the game has custom parts like STLE). I would definitely recommend buying and keeping a set around if you plan on doing this more than once

I had to look at this for almost a month, I would never want to do that again!

tron-jacked-up.jpgtron-jacked-up.jpg

#2031 10 years ago

She's looking oh so sexy...

image-690.jpgimage-690.jpgimage-473.jpgimage-473.jpgimage-54.jpgimage-54.jpgimage-383.jpgimage-383.jpgimage-70.jpgimage-70.jpgimage-929.jpgimage-929.jpg

The backbox led panel with flashers is so, so sweet. It's pricy but gives it a backbox back. No more shitty fluorescent tube. Very professionally constructed and well thought out. A+. If you're on the fence, do it. Plus Mike is a stand up guy.

#2032 10 years ago
Quoted from Keebler:

It's pretty brutal not being able to play the game when the parts are being powder coated or chromed... I've done that three times now, with the average downtime being 3-4 weeks. I now have an extra set lying around so I don't have to do that anymore (unless the game has custom parts like STLE). I would definitely recommend buying and keeping a set around if you plan on doing this more than once
I had to look at this for almost a month, I would never want to do that again!

tron-jacked-up.jpg 236 KB

Yeah, that's why I'm sort of thinking of just spending the money on the legs and lockdown. I've already got new hinges and rails coming, so I might as well just order the lockdown and legs. I'll be getting the powder coating done for free at this point, so having a spare set means I can play while I wait.

#2033 10 years ago

I will sell my stock stern legs (w/o levelers) and lockdown bar is your interested.

#2034 10 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

I will sell my stock stern legs (w/o levelers) and lockdown bar is your interested.

PM'd. Bought siderails and hinges from you, let's see what we can work out for legs and a new lockdown, haha.

#2035 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Threw some clear rubbers from PBL in finally, me like.

How are those clear rubbers holding up? Dirtwise? How do they compare in play to the whites? I changed out the disc pad from black to clear and its much cleaner but grabs the ball much more and makes it incredibly fast.........

DSC08554.JPG 216 KB

DSC08555.JPG 209 KB

DSC08558.JPG 197 KB

DSC08557.JPG 135 KB

DSC08556.JPG 207 KB

#2036 10 years ago

Does anyone know if these flashers will fit in the flasher domes or are the too tall?image-269.jpgimage-269.jpg

#2037 10 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Does anyone know if these flashers will fit in the flasher domes or are the too tall?

image-269.jpg 29 KB

Do you wanna go blind????

#2038 10 years ago
Quoted from eyeguypec:

How are those clear rubbers holding up? Dirtwise? How do they compare in play to the whites? I changed out the disc pad from black to clear and its much cleaner but grabs the ball much more and makes it incredibly fast.........

I find they stay very clean. The drawback is they're much firmer than the stock black ones

#2039 10 years ago

Only major mods left to buy before my TRON arrives would be a ColorDMD and some sort of translite LED setup. Any suggestions on that?

#2041 10 years ago

Yes, yes, working on rail/legs/hinges, don't know if I want under cab tbqh. No topper yet because I haven't found one I like. The laser etched one doesn't really match the aesthetic so I'm not going to buy it. Already have the 3D and Chick translite to go with the Clu included. Arcade mod on order...

#2042 10 years ago
Quoted from eyeguypec:

How are those clear rubbers holding up? Dirtwise? How do they compare in play to the whites?

I also put the clear rubbers around the sling areas on X-Men and Spideyman for MGC this weekend, after 2 days of continuous use they look super clean still, no breaks either.

Edit---the superbands didnt get too bad of dirt build either

DSC08615.JPGDSC08615.JPG

DSC08616.JPGDSC08616.JPG

DSC08617.JPGDSC08617.JPG

#2044 10 years ago

Someone Made A Virtual Reality Tron Light Cycle Game

#2046 10 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

I wonder if the view changes if you look to the side and back? As in, can you see the other light cycles you are racing against, would be awesome to link up 6-8 cycles on the same grid....Very cool stuff!

#2047 10 years ago

Rails and hinges came from Skins today. Legs and lockdown will be here later this week. I'll send everything to get powder coated by Friday and hopefully have them back in about a week. Feels good to know someone (free powder coating woo). Just need to order the receiver for the premium lockdown bar.

This is going to be the worst 3 weeks ever waiting for my pin to arrive.

#2048 10 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

» YouTube video

See that Congo in the back? That was my Congo.

#2049 10 years ago

double post

#2050 10 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Does anyone know if these flashers will fit in the flasher domes or are the too tall?

image-269.jpg 29 KB

not tall enough..... need to go higher!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,648 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/41 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.