tron1 (resized).jpg
tron2 (resized).jpg
IMG_4921 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4920 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6148 (resized).png
IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
There are 11,649 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 233.
#1851 10 years ago

Question: hooked bumper caps or Pinbits caps with uv 555 bulbs. I like the look of hooked but like the uv bulbs that the Pinbits caps facilitate.

#1852 10 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Question: hooked bumper caps or Pinbits caps with uv 555 bulbs. I like the look of hooked but like the uv bulbs that the Pinbits caps facilitate.

I have both, my blue Hooked one didn't fasten well and would spin (He has corrected that now) so I put the Pinbits Devo hat back on that one bumper.

#1853 10 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

I have both the Pinbits caps and Hooked caps
Have the hooked ones on now and I like them better the one problem is the blue one is not as bright as the yellow or orange; I wish instead of blue it was a frosted white or a really light blue.

#1854 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I have both, my blue Hooked one didn't fasten well and would spin (He has corrected that now) so I put the Pinbits Devo hat back on that one bumper.

Mine would spin too i ended up removing the piece that extends to the post and install like the other 2.
I think it looks better now

#1855 10 years ago
Quoted from Robotronx:

Mine would spin too i ended up removing the piece that extends to the post and install like the other 2.
I think it looks better now

Some of his early productions he drilled the hole too large in that blue plastic, I'd imagine he will send you a replacement if you ask him.

You are right though, the blue looks dim compared to the other two.

#1856 10 years ago

Thanks. Too bad he doesn't have uv LEDs to make the plastics pop. I like how the hooked look more like a production piece but like lighting up the devo hat with a uv bulb. Gonna have to get both and decide from there.

#1857 10 years ago

So how does the TRON logo work on the Hooked caps? It's a decal? I like the caps, but honestly I don't like the logo, I don't want to see the text 3 times, would have rather it was an abstract design that was more identity disc like. If you leave off the decal I assume it's just a big colored center.

#1858 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

So how does the TRON logo work on the Hooked caps? It's a decal? I like the caps, but honestly I don't like the logo, I don't want to see the text 3 times, would have rather it was an abstract design that was more identity disc like. If you leave off the decal I assume it's just a big colored center.

Its just a sticker that you can leave off; it would just be a colored center
A design would be really cool

#1859 10 years ago
Quoted from Robotronx:

Its just a sticker that you can leave off; it would just be a colored center
A design would be really cool

Hmm, maybe we need someone with a vinyl cutter.

#1860 10 years ago

So I'm on the modding choo-choo train. Train ticket, $1,000.

So I have bought:
Pinbits Eli mod
Pinbits ramp dress kit
Pinbits bumper caps and uv bulbs
Encom stickers
Tron stickers
Hooked bumper caps
Tron side rails/hinges (need to get them finished)
Stern metal apron
Stern lockdown bar
Ster lockdown receiver
Service rails
Blue start button
Blue Stern DMD

Yikes! I have only owned it for 24 hours.

As for the backlit side rails and hinges, is there a thread or tutorial/kit on where to buy the el paper, how to run the wires/hook them up?

Did you guys use back alley for the powder coating?

#1861 10 years ago

I'm going to use a local outfit for my powder coating. Is there any reason not to do that?

Also, what are these metal apron/lockdown bar/lockdown receivers you're talking about? Are those special or non-standard on Pros?

#1862 10 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Also, what are these metal apron/lockdown bar/lockdown receivers you're talking about? Are those special or non-standard on Pros?

The Pros don't come with the 'normal' lockdown bar, with the lever, instead it's two latches on either side.

#1863 10 years ago

Man, I am spoiled with my X-Men LE. I thought these things were standard, ha.

#1864 10 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I'm going to use a local outfit for my powder coating. Is there any reason not to do that?

I am about to get mine power coated too and I am getting it done local.
What I need to decide is if I get a metal apron and/or a real lock down bar to have them done at the same time.

Is upgrading the lock down bar really worth it?

#1865 10 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Man, I am spoiled with my X-Men LE. I thought these things were standard, ha.

They are on everything but the new Pros, forget when they cheaped out and switched, same time they added the stupid pegs I guess. Premiums and up are still the old style. Honestly I dunno that I care all that much.

#1866 10 years ago
Quoted from Robotronx:

Is upgrading the lock down bar really worth it?

How important is roughly $100 to you. That's what it will set you back. To me it isn't a deal breaker but I wanted it so I added to the rest of my order.

#1867 10 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

How important is roughly $100 to you. That's what it will set you back. To me it isn't a deal breaker but I wanted it so I added to the rest of my order.

Guess it would just make it a little easier to get into...I may pass on the lockdown upgrade and go with the Metal apron.
Use that extra 100 to upgrade something else.
Always seems to be more upgrades for Tron

I also need some advice on where to get EL Paper for backlit side rails and hinges

#1868 10 years ago
Quoted from Robotronx:

I also need some advice on where to get EL Paper for backlit side rails and hinges

Zdoor is the only one making kits of EL paper as far as I know.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-laser-cut-tron-siderails-and-hinges-in-chrome-with-el-panel-lighting

#1869 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

i totally agree with this..... i think it says TRON on this pin enough. we get it, its tron legacy

maybe just a plain black sticker in the middle of the disc pop bumpers would look great!

#1870 10 years ago

Is there consensus on whether to go with the Stern Blue dmd or the color dmd?

#1871 10 years ago
Quoted from boo32:

I hate blue LEDs, looking at them sucks, so ColorDMD all the way here. Especially now that they added the color changing options, in theory someone could figure out how to sync it to Eli's ramp colors.

#1872 10 years ago

Amendment: The love I feel for blue LEDs is opposite love. HAPPY NOW MFER?

#1873 10 years ago
Quoted from boo32:

I have both and recommend the Color DMD hands down... given the price is the same or close. Being able to change the color or display mode whenever you want is awesome, and you don't get any weird grid lines.

#1876 10 years ago
Quoted from retired_user_101:

tron mods at TPF last weekend

I bought those rails and hinges
Wish I could find a topper like that

#1877 10 years ago

Am I a terrible person for considering buying a NIB Tron for $6k?

#1878 10 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

That seems like an alright price if it's from the last run and includes shipping. I paid $5500 for mine a year ago when they had just stopped producing them.

#1879 10 years ago

It would be a pickup. I'd have to drive ~3 hours.

#1881 10 years ago

Yeah, I'm probably just going to muscle up and spend the extra cash and do it. The wait to find a HUO with mods will kill me since they seem to disappear as soon as they pop up.

#1882 10 years ago

A total of 3 hours drive time wouldn't be too bad... but with the cost of gas that would be pretty close to the price of newer Stern premiums shipped to your door.

#1883 10 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

What translite?

I had a nib quote of $6,100 with the two chicks.

#1884 10 years ago

but do you have an autographed flanker apron?

He pm'd me his price for autographs. I blushed.

#1885 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

They are on everything but the new Pros, forget when they cheaped out and switched, same time they added the stupid pegs I guess. Premiums and up are still the old style. Honestly I dunno that I care all that much.

Actually I think Tron pro was the first... could be wrong...

#1886 10 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

What translite?
I had a nib quote of $6,100 with the two chicks.

Same quote for me. And that's what I think I'm going with. That translite makes it worth it, ha.

#1888 10 years ago

So I'm setup to either have a NIB on Saturday or a 1 trade next Wednesday. Just depends on the phone call I get later.

#1889 10 years ago

i had to pay extra for the gem/quorra translite, and i've got a frickin' LE
ps. machine looks 1000% better.

Damn BB, I've got the two chicks and would love a 3D. I just don't see the big deal on the two chicks. I mean, it's a Disney approved photo.

#1890 10 years ago

Does tron support the knocker mod?

#1892 10 years ago

th-1-950.jpegth-1-950.jpeg

#1895 10 years ago

But Ya'all dont have this!!!! Bwhahahahaha! Oh crap, I dont either, Astucka600 has it.

126071.jpg126071.jpg

#1897 10 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Same quote for me. And that's what I think I'm going with. That translite makes it worth it, ha.

I walked because the person "can't" throw in the two chicks because there was interest in the game here on pinside. I informed this person there is a difference between cant, and wont. Glad I did. I found one pimped out with the two chicks for $5,900 local. No shipping.

#1898 10 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I think that is right about where mine is. And mine is just about ready for a shop job. I've got Eli's ramp kit, the dress up kit, new rubber, a few other smaller mods. But having trouble finding the black side armor in stock. I like the feel of that better than just the Mylar cab protection. Two years into owning the game and I still like it as much as the day I pulled it out of the box. I've never even thought about moving it.

The Flankster sent me to Terry, who of course had the armor I wanted. Ordered and on their way! Thanks Flank!

#1899 10 years ago

tron mods at TPF last weekend

Brett, do you know which DMD that is in the full Tron in the first and 2nd pics above?

Thanks, Phil

#1900 10 years ago

it's funny how many pinsiders have turned there trons into one big BLUE love fest. blue dmds, blue side rails, blue legs, blue led bulbs, blue speaker grill lights, and on and on and on.... the blue just seems a bit excessive to me (imho).

lookin' at sam and quorra all i see is WHITE

Tron_Legacy_Wallpaper-3.jpgTron_Legacy_Wallpaper-3.jpg

Quoted from Aurich:

Amendment: The love I feel for blue LEDs is opposite love. HAPPY NOW MFER?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 26.50
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

There are 11,649 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/38 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.