tron1 (resized).jpg
tron2 (resized).jpg
IMG_4921 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4920 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6148 (resized).png
IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
There are 11,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 233.
#1751 10 years ago

Reason #29 why I love Tron- it challenges me to play well on every ball. In order for me to reach SOS or nab a decent score I gotta make the most of each ball. If I fall behind playing someone it is very difficult to make it all up in one, the complete opposite of ACDC.

#1752 10 years ago
Quoted from retired_user_101:

ok, twist my arm
just emailed your about the other stuff too.

haha twist your arm to give you something! U funny bugger!

#1753 10 years ago

Just installed a Stern Blue LED display in my Tron Pro and it is even better than I expected. I already knew the color would be more fitting. What I did not know was how much clearer all the animations would look. I can't speak on the Xpin or Vishay alternatives, but I can recommend the Stern Blue display 100%. Perfect shade of blue. Perfect brightness. Definitely install the included blue display film. Best upgrade on my Tron so far.

I remain torn on whether or not to sell my Tron in order to make room for (and fund) MMRLE. Tron is my favorite pin in my current lineup, and as much as I'd love to open a NIB MMRLE in a few months, I just don't know if I can bring myself to part with Tron. I know I would miss it. I wouldn't even consider selling it for any other pin.

Any thoughts?

#1754 10 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Just installed a Stern Blue LED display in my Tron Pro and it is even better than I expected. I already knew the color would be more fitting. What I did not know was how much clearer all the animations would look. I can't speak on the Xpin or Vishay alternatives, but I can recommend the Stern Blue display 100%. Perfect shade of blue. Perfect brightness. Definitely install the included blue display film. Best upgrade on my Tron so far.
I remain torn on whether or not to sell my Tron in order to make room for (and fund) MMRLE. Tron is my favorite pin in my current lineup, and as much as I'd love to open a NIB MMRLE in a few months, I just don't know if I can bring myself to part with Tron. I know I would miss it. I wouldn't even consider selling it for any other pin.
Any thoughts?

Yes, don't sell Tron, it may not be the deepest game, but it's one of the best of ALL time IMO. I have made multiple different roms with different music for mine too

I want one of these displays now!!! You bastard, making me spend more money lol

#1755 10 years ago

JJ at Game Exchange did a sale last week for $299 instead of $399. That's what I paid. Maybe if you ask nicely he will honor that price for you.

#1756 10 years ago

Any thoughts?

You have a great collection so far. Depth with LOTR, speed and adrenaline with Tron, slightly classic with BSD.

I too would love a MMR LE. Had one ordered for a bit but decided to pass for now. If it is great I will pick up a regular edition.

If I were in your shoes, I would for sure pass on Predator rather than selling Tron. Predator seems very "meh" from what I have seen so far. Assuming all goes well with MMR, I'd say MMR + Tron > Pred + Tron.

#1757 10 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Yes, don't sell Tron, it may not be the deepest game, but it's one of the best of ALL time IMO. I have made multiple different roms with different music for mine too
I want one of these displays now!!! You bastard, making me spend more money lol

+1

#1758 10 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

You have a great collection so far. Depth with LOTR, speed and adrenaline with Tron, slightly classic with BSD.
I too would love a MMR LE. Had one ordered for a bit but decided to pass for now. If it is great I will pick up a regular edition.
If I were in your shoes, I would for sure pass on Predator rather than selling Tron. Predator seems very "meh" from what I have seen so far. Assuming all goes well with MMR, I'd say MMR + Tron > Pred + Tron.

Thanks, Apollyon! I went through lots of games in my small space in order to end up with my 3 keepers (BSD, LOTR, Tron). I really wish I had unlimited space and money to keep them all, but don't we all. At this point, any cut to make room would be a very painful cut. Perhaps that means I already own the 3 very best pins for me and no longer need to covet other pins.

#1759 10 years ago

Thanks, Apollyon! I went through lots of games in my small space in order to end up with my 3 keepers (BSD, LOTR, Tron). I really wish I had unlimited space and money to keep them all, but don't we all. At this point, any cut to make room would be a very painful cut. Perhaps that means I already own the 3 very best pins for me and no longer need to covet other pins.

You've got that right! I "filled up" at 8 pins. But then I played Tron and coveted that big time. Had to make a decision, and so TSPP went out and Tron came in. So tough to let it go because I liked all my pins for different reasons. But I and very happy with Tron.

My next problem is that I am currently coveting Metallica big time after 1.5 dropped...

#1760 10 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

You've got that right! I "filled up" at 8 pins. But then I played Tron and coveted that big time. Had to make a decision, and so TSPP went out and Tron came in. So tough to let it go because I liked all my pins for different reasons. But I and very happy with Tron.
My next problem is that I am currently coveting Metallica big time after 1.5 dropped...

Hmmm. I'd say definitely keep your LOTR, Tron, SM, and IM. You currently have 3 superhero pins, but no rock pins. Maybe your Avengers or Xmen could be sacrificed? Good luck with that!

#1763 10 years ago

Just wanted to stop by and leave a video with some guy beating portal multiball:

:p

#1765 10 years ago

Centerflank,
Sorry I missed your birthday thread. Thrive in 2014!IMG_3776.jpgIMG_3776.jpg

#1766 10 years ago

Did you guys see this thread? TRON pro is losing to Whitewater, lets change that!

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/march-pin-madness-2014

#1767 10 years ago

Weird shenanigans in that poll imo. There's only one pin that Tron Pro should be behind, and its name starts with T and ends with Ron LE!

#1768 10 years ago

http://www.pinballplayerpro.com/?page_id=132

TRON in the sweet 16 against MM, lets bring the giant down!

#1769 10 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Weird shenanigans in that poll imo. There's only one pin that Tron Pro should be behind, and its name starts with T and ends with Ron LE!

haters that rate games that are out of their price range lower than they really should be. Tron LE lower than Tron Pro and both lower than WOZ ? Umm ya sure, whatever anyways, I don't buy games on ratings I buy them on what I like and when friends and family come over and I turn Tron LE with all the Pinball Refinery light kits on everyone goes " Dam that game is NUTS " ! Tron is a top 10 game..Period.

#1770 10 years ago

there's this really cool old neighborhood close to me in old town orange. been searching for years to find a property on this particular street.

finally a place came up for sale! I can finally say I am now a proud owner of a 3 bedroom house on this street in south orange county

calletron.jpgcalletron.jpg

#1771 10 years ago

I know I am really late to the party...but I just got my Tron Pro NIB yesterday!

Less then 24 hours later and I have the 3.1 arcade mod installed....what a difference!

_MG_0647.jpg_MG_0647.jpg
_MG_0658.jpg_MG_0658.jpg
_MG_0699.jpg_MG_0699.jpg

#1772 10 years ago

Every single time I see and enter this thread, I second guess my decisions to go with X-Men LE...

#1776 10 years ago

Heh. I should investigate this...

#1778 10 years ago

there's a bunch of trons a spread around at TxPinFest right now.
lines at all of them.

Any for sale? Haha

#1780 10 years ago

yeah... its a no go. i wish this was my street i actually took this pic like ten years ago when we were in italy.

#1781 10 years ago

let the addiction begin.
about 99 more mods to go

LOL, I honestly thought I would have some self control on this one.
Now that I have passed my budget and placed it firmly in the rear view....so much for waiting until winter to start the process... I suppose I should just look at is from the point of view that I am ahead of schedule on a project for once

#1782 10 years ago

Its insane that I have more money into a TRON pro than any of my LE/Premium models.

AC/DC and TRON are head2head with getting the most plays so I still and always will consider it money well spent.

Edit---v----1671------v

#1784 10 years ago

What's the best blue display to get? I want one with nice blue color, and something that doesn't show the grid lines between the sections too...

#1785 10 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

What's the best blue display to get?

I have a vishay and its average....try the Xpin from Rob Anthony.

http://lockwhenlit.com/displays.htm

Last night to Vote for TRON against MM, Lets do it!!!!

http://www.pinballplayerpro.com/?page_id=132

#1786 10 years ago

I thought those xpin ones had the grid sections. Exactly what I don't want..

#1787 10 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Only other one is a Blue Stern display, JJ at GEX should have those......anyone got any nice pics of that one?

#1788 10 years ago

Every blue LED DMD on the market has grid sections as far as I know, if you want to avoid them put a ColorDMD in and set it to blue. Bonus, you can try the blend modes, and it maybe be possible to sync the color to Eli's ramp mod soon.

I picked up my Tron Friday night and I'm loving it. Kicking my ass, got to Sea of Simulation and promptly drained. Got the arcade mod installed, wired up my light cycles, and I'm working on custom LEDing a recognizer, gonna get them all interactive with a Pig 2. Eli ramp mod upacked but I haven't touched the installation yet. Have to stop playing first so I can take off the ramps!

#1789 10 years ago
Quoted from ctozzi:

haters that rate games that are out of their price range lower than they really should be. TRON LE lower than Tron Pro and both lower than WOZ ? Umm ya sure, whatever anyways, I don't buy games on ratings I buy them on what I like and when friends and family come over and I turn TRON LE with all the Pinball Refinery light kits on everyone goes " Dam that game is NUTS " ! Tron is a top 10 game..Period.

I agree..
So many people buy whats caught in the hype. "sheep for the better word"
I prefer to play a game before I even consider buying one.

#1790 10 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Yeah I got the xpin and it's griddy. Can't you connect a Stern to a colordmd or a custom lcd like in Crash's thread now? If so that's the route I would go if I didn't have one already

#1792 10 years ago

i have xpin in my ToM. don't care for it. maybe they've gotten better over the years.
but, i checked them out at TxPinFest this weekend, and believe I can see the grid spacing. you'd think they'd adjust for that. just a very small manufacturing change.

Even the Stern DMDs have visible grids, though I would say in general they do a better job of keeping them even and tight than the X-Pins I've owned. I think Tron is pretty forgiving though, the kinds of graphics and animations it has hide the smaller alignment issues pretty well.

I wired up a recognizer with 5 LEDs tonight, and used a few pieces of theater gel to add some colors. White LEDs facing down with cool blue gel, a piece of red gel across the bottom front plastic area to make it solid, with an upwar facing red LED behind it, and two warm whites on the sides, facing up too to hit the little domes. I think it came out pretty well, I'll wire it up to be interactive with the Pig 2. I'll document if I like the end result when it's all together.

#1793 10 years ago

I have the x pin and the Stern blue displays and if you use the blue filter from pinbits on the x-pin you do not see the grids and the Stern display comes with a thin filter that also works well so there you go.The blue displays on Tron are a must

#1794 10 years ago

i would sell one of my two tron les. one is nib and the other is huo. let me know if interested. ant

Quoted from nicoga3000:Any for sale? Haha

#1795 10 years ago

As awesome as that would be, I can't justify the cost of an LE. I don't really feel like the upgrades are WORTH that much either...Scarcity at it's finest in today's market. A Pro, however, I'd be all over.

#1796 10 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I have the x pin and the Stern blue displays and if you use the blue filter from pinbits on the x-pin you do not see the grids and the Stern display comes with a thin filter that also works well so there you go.The blue displays on Tron are a must

I had the same setup, but found the display to be semi blurry unless you were straight on. Have an extra Color DMD just sitting for the last few months, maybe it's time to install one in a Stern. Might be breaking the limits for mods on a Tron Pro... if that's even possible

#1797 10 years ago
Quoted from Yoak:

I know I am really late to the party...but I just got my Tron Pro NIB yesterday!
Less then 24 hours later and I have the 3.1 arcade mod installed....what a difference!

_MG_0647.jpg 302 KB

_MG_0658.jpg 173 KB

_MG_0699.jpg 253 KB

It looks great. Thanks for posting the pictures.

#1798 10 years ago

Thanks for the replies, maybe I'll wait to see what the ColorDMD guys do with it...

#1800 10 years ago

So I'm still on a quest to sell my X-Men, but while I wait...

I've been looking into mods for a Tron if I ever get lucky enough to snag one! Are a shaker and sub "must haves" for this game? I know there are boat loads of other mods out there, but just starting with the absolute basics.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Trade
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

There are 11,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/36 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.