IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3026 (resized).png
IMG_3018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
TRON_SpinDisc Mounted (resized).jpg
IMG_5680 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1247 (resized).jpeg
There are 11,635 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 233.
#1551 10 years ago

1: There have been some threads about this. To my recollection you remove the batteries. Then pry out the switch, short it out, and put it back in. Then you connect wires to the battery terminals and close the bottom back up. It probably requires a hole for the wires, I don't recall. Then connect your light cycle to a 5v source and it will be lit up.

2: I defer to the crowd here.

3: The PIG 2 has 4 standard IN's, 1 GI input, and 2 Aux IN's for things like reed switches and external buttons. It has 4 OUTS and 2 Servo connectors. With non-creative wiring, you can connect 4 mods to 4 signals (switches, lamps, GI, motors, flashers, etc) and control 4 mods (12v and/or 5v). You can control a whole bunch of stuff with a single PIG 2.

4: This isn't a question you asked, but you're only an hour from me so if you get in a pinch I can always drive down and help you out.

#1552 10 years ago

I also sell connector packs for $19.95 that have all of the wires and connectors you'd need to get things going.

#1553 10 years ago

Looking like Thurs for your Tron panel QuarterGrabber. I will have two extra for sale

#1554 10 years ago
Quoted from MXV:

Can someone school me in two things: The hallmark lightcycles and using a PIG 2 to control a mod/mods.

1: How do you wire up the lightcycles from Hallmark and how do you mount them. I have no problem wiring them myself, I just need to know the specifics.

2: How do you mount the Hallmark cycles in the game?

About a month ago a fellow Pinsider was asking about the light cycles, click on this thread and near the bottom of the page you'll see a post I put up with some text and also some pictures, hopefully it'll help:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-must-haves

#1555 10 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpuckguy:

Looking like Thurs for your Tron panel QuarterGrabber. I will have two extra for sale

pinheadpuckguy!

#1556 10 years ago

my loving tron...

photo01.JPGphoto01.JPG
photo02.JPGphoto02.JPG
photo03.JPGphoto03.JPG
photo04.JPGphoto04.JPG
photo05.JPGphoto05.JPG

#1557 10 years ago

I am cooking something here..... watch out for the announcement in the next days...
Screen Shot 2014-01-24 at 10.49.27 AM.pngScreen Shot 2014-01-24 at 10.49.27 AM.png

#1558 10 years ago
Quoted from dkpinball:

1: There have been some threads about this. To my recollection you remove the batteries. Then pry out the switch, short it out, and put it back in. Then you connect wires to the battery terminals and close the bottom back up. It probably requires a hole for the wires, I don't recall. Then connect your light cycle to a 5v source and it will be lit up.
2: I defer to the crowd here.
3: The PIG 2 has 4 standard IN's, 1 GI input, and 2 Aux IN's for things like reed switches and external buttons. It has 4 OUTS and 2 Servo connectors. With non-creative wiring, you can connect 4 mods to 4 signals (switches, lamps, GI, motors, flashers, etc) and control 4 mods (12v and/or 5v). You can control a whole bunch of stuff with a single PIG 2.
4: This isn't a question you asked, but you're only an hour from me so if you get in a pinch I can always drive down and help you out.

Thanks a ton for the info and the offer of help! I just placed an order a couple of minutes ago from you. If you have any kind of instructions of how to wire up the flynn's sign to pig2 so it goes on only when Flynn's is lit please toss them in or direct me to any links to tutorials.

#1561 10 years ago

Totally agree - game play is the same on a pro stock - but the play experience is night and day.
I believe the same would go for IM. Stock is hard - mod'd is so much better.

#1563 10 years ago

Yesterday I scored a 15x bonus total of 81M!! And ended up beating my previous score of 360M.
I had multiple orgasms!!
Screen Shot 2014-01-27 at 11.35.08 AM.pngScreen Shot 2014-01-27 at 11.35.08 AM.png
Screen Shot 2014-01-27 at 11.35.26 AM.pngScreen Shot 2014-01-27 at 11.35.26 AM.png

#1564 10 years ago

Nice score! So far my best is 187M

#1565 10 years ago

Posting link in case anyone missed this hot buttered awesomeness

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flynns-arcade-sign-13-scale-for-my-gameroom

#1566 10 years ago

Holy shit. That thing is tits!

#1567 10 years ago

Arcade scoop Coil Power question. My ball comes flying out of the scoop so fast its hard to catch or even control it. Sometimes it bounces off flipper back into arcade scoop. I played a friends Tron and it is a much slower and easier to control ball from arcade. Curious if there is much diff out there. I did not look at coil number. Anyone know how fast it should fire ?

#1568 10 years ago

Mine's pretty fast. I don't know how to quantify but you couldn't hold the flipper up or it would put the ball in the vicinity of the outlane. I try to time a flip in a way that the ball hits the bottom right sling post and slows the momentum.

I will say tho there's some variance in pins. Our local arcade has a Tron and the Quorra shot is so much easier than mine that it's not even really a challenge. Mine seems barely snug enough for a ball to fit through. If the ball guides are different then I could see there being discrepancies in coil winds as well.

No harm in adding a resistor to that coil if it's too much, imo!

#1570 10 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Holy shit. That thing is tits!

I've always wondered, is the correct grammar "that is tits!" or "that is the tits!"? I always add a "the" for some reason.

#1571 10 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Arcade scoop Coil Power question. My ball comes flying out of the scoop so fast its hard to catch or even control it. Sometimes it bounces off flipper back into arcade scoop. I played a friends Tron and it is a much slower and easier to control ball from arcade. Curious if there is much diff out there. I did not look at coil number. Anyone know how fast it should fire ?

You could also try putting some felt tape in the metal curve that spits the ball onto the playfield to see if it slows it down a bit for you. Easy to install and take off if it doesn't work.

#1573 10 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

I am cooking something here..... watch out for the announcement in the next days..

Hey, if you're doing printed side blades, sign me up! That's exactly what this machine needs.

#1574 10 years ago

I've been trying to decide if it's better to play drunk, caffeinated or both… after some not-so-scientific tests that seemed to indicate a somewhat improved reaction time after consuming a double espresso, I went out for a few cocktails, came home pretty well drunk and, much to my astonishment, racked up a 94M point first ball.

Apparently, for me at least, drunk is the way to go!

So, Tron enthusiasts… what's your best first ball score and what, if any, neuro-enhancing substances were you using when you got it?

photo.JPGphoto.JPG
#1575 10 years ago

@hassan : well done...

@doc : 2 days ago, +/- 120M at first ball : SOS, than completed all was missing, than PORTAL enable, ball ejected from the scoop, bad control, and... out

(i prefer do not talk about the PORTAL battle on next ball, it ended as always, with a great bonus score of 9.5M)

#1576 10 years ago

Has anyone actually completed PORTAL on a 3 ball game? I've been playing my TRON for 2 1/2 years and only got to portal twice with no chance to complete it.

#1577 10 years ago

I've been to portal quite a few times but I have never completed it.

#1578 10 years ago

WORD TO THE WISE.... play tron drunk + higher scores = portal mode completion

Quoted from docfenderson:

I've been trying to decide if it's better to play drunk, caffeinated or both… after some not-so-scientific tests that seemed to indicate a somewhat improved reaction time after consuming a double espresso, I went out for a few cocktails, came home pretty well drunk and, much to my astonishment, racked up a 94M point first ball.
Apparently, for me at least, drunk is the way to go!
So, Tron enthusiasts… what's your best first ball score and what, if any, neuro-enhancing substances were you using when you got it?

photo.JPG 167 KB

#1579 10 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Has anyone actually completed PORTAL on a 3 ball game? I've been playing my TRON for 2 1/2 years and only got to portal twice with no chance to complete it.

I have Tron for 1 year and 3 months and only completed portal 1 time. I was sober
I play my Tron almost every day and I can say the luck has to be on your side the day you finish it, else it's near impossible.

My stats are:
Reaching portal: 100.000.000 times
One shot away for completion: 2 times
Completion: 1 time

#1580 10 years ago

yep, as said lots of time already, the prob is not to reach portal, but well to complete it...
gone there again yesterday, with another misery score of 10.2M
i do believe that luck is more important than skill to beat it (until i see a pin wizard getting full control on that)

btw, same conclusion game after game : this is a GREAT pin for sure, i love it (more than lamp) !

#1581 10 years ago

Lamp sucks compared to Tron!!

#1582 10 years ago

I played mine last night and tried to get this super skill shot that someone said they can get.
I could not get it. How do you get this again? I am able to get the 2 skill shots:
1) right of arcade cab over the right inlanes
2) hold left flipper up, plunge and quickly flip upper left flipper to right ramp

What the heck is the super skill shot?

#1583 10 years ago

There is another one: Get the ball down to the right inlanes and quickly shoot the left ramp.

Never heard of a super skill shot. But you can hit Gem with a plunge... and that feels super

#1584 10 years ago
Quoted from IBARAKURO:

my loving tron...

photo01.JPG 168 KB

photo02.JPG 88 KB

photo03.JPG 149 KB

photo04.JPG 128 KB

photo05.JPG 165 KB

Is daft punk multiball any good as a exclusive

#1585 10 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

There is another one: Get the ball down to the right inlanes and quickly shoot the left ramp.
Never heard of a super skill shot. But you can hit Gem with a plunge... and that feels super

I always try to hit Gem on the plunge and if I miss it is fine as it awards that right light cycle shot so I'm one closer to starting LC multiball.

#1587 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

Is daft punk multiball any good as a exclusive

It's pretty badass. Unique song, animations, lighting, etc. Hard to imagine the pin without it to be honest.

#1588 10 years ago

the "gem" skill shot was surelly not initialy imagined by the conceptor, was it !?
my son not bad at it

btw, about the super skill shot, its just the skillshot 2 (left turn, left shoot upper right flipper to right ramp) + to the arcade scoop at the end of turn

and to me, 3rd PORTAL reached in 3 days (while only playing few games), and ended with the same usual misery

btw, i'll repeat this ask here : since the 1.74 update, did you get "extra ball" thrue the "mistery" scoop ?
its now +/- 1000 games played here, and still 0 EB collected there, no matter how i set the "% level"
i'm than quite sure its linked with the number of EB you get in regular play (if too much %, than no EB)

#1589 10 years ago

Tron Dance....

#1590 10 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

btw, i'll repeat this ask here : since the 1.74 update, did you get "extra ball" thrue the "mistery" scoop ?

I have mine all factory and have seen just a few extra balls from the arcade scoop, maybe 5 in 1400games roughly.

#1591 10 years ago

With pinball browser out there is there gonna be any chance using that similar technology to add modes as the greatest mod to tron pro besides Eli ramp mod would be eol/dp multiball and the prices if the le will drop

Tron pro is ruler of the pinball universe

#1592 10 years ago

I think since I've owned the game I've only had it give me or saw it give extra ball maybe 3 times total. It's super rare to get that award, at least on my machine which is set to factory settings.

#1593 10 years ago

*little sneak peak* Trilogy brought over my rails/hinges/lockbar to quick install and see how it all tied together, the lock bar just needs the ends retouched for the stripe to match and isnt pictured but here you go, the orange on the side rail is the same as the hinge. My camera picked the color up a little diff for whatever reason.... Great job Doug!

DSC09954.JPGDSC09954.JPG

DSC09955.JPGDSC09955.JPG

DSC09956.JPGDSC09956.JPG

#1594 10 years ago

This thread has inspired me to turn on my Tron for the first time since before Halloween. Wish me luck!

#1595 10 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

This thread has inspired me to turn on my Tron for the first time since before Halloween. Wish me luck!

I hope it inspired you to install your arcade mod as well!

#1596 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I hope it inspired you to install your arcade mod as well!

Let's not get carried away.

#1597 10 years ago

This whole thread inspired me to play my Tron again when Xmen was my #1. And it also got me into modding my Tron, damn you centerflank!

#1598 10 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Let's not get carried away.

Can I drive up soon and wax it for you and install the mod? I need to grab LOTR from Hilton soon anyway. (when the weather isn't skull bashing us)

#1599 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Can I drive up soon and wax it for you and install the mod? I need to grab LOTR from Hilton soon anyway. (when the weather isn't skull bashing us)

I love the way you ask if you can come install a mod for me. Hilarious!

Just let me know when you're thinking of heading this way and you can swing by to check out the LE!

Hmmm... Think I've got some light cycle mods laying around here somewhere too.

#1600 10 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Hmmm... Think I've got some light cycle mods laying around here somewhere too.

Perhaps you need to bring it here for a full shop job then.....but maybe it doesn't need it with the 26 plays you've put on it.

SHAZAM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Beach, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

There are 11,635 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/32 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.