(Topic ID: 54093)

Official TRON lovefest thread, I love it more than Lightning Kitty.

By centerflank

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9,273 posts
  • 469 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by insx
  • Topic is favorited by 142 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is TRON super awesome or are you a hater?”

• TRON is unreal, centerflank is supersmart. 396 votes
    71%
  • TRON blows, voters for this option have a small dingy :( 102 votes
    18%
  • Never played TRON, but if Centerflank likes it, it must be fun!!!! 59 votes
    11%

(557 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,255 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

C3274E82-5928-4425-80FC-82E5869342BA (resized).png
IMG_2493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2438 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5562 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5564 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5557 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5554 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5548 (resized).jpeg
A60145C3-9132-4708-AE36-D7570E45B8CA (resized).jpeg
20190801_215929 (resized).jpg
IMG_2437 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2436 (resized).jpeg
TRON Wall.jpg

There are 9273 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 186.
#1501 5 years ago

From this thread:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-almost-made-it-to-portal

MXV
"I've been to Portal a few times but have yet to complete it.

You all know that in SOS you can complete modes if Flynn's is lit by shooting the scoop and it will award you the current running mode (for a lesser point value). So if you are having trouble with Gem or another mode you can just finish those that way. You can relight Fynn's with the right orbit during SOS too as many times as you want. Also in disc multiball during SOS you don't have to hit all the various lit shots, you can shoot the spinning disc in the center and each read of the switches in there (the optos) will award one of the lit shots. Sometimes that's easier than some of the lit shots, especially if your disc tends to kick the ball out fairly consistently to a safe place.

My best game so far is 187M. I'm pretty sure I had double scoring going when I started SOS and I had a decent amount of the modes completed and I got to Portal but didn't come very close to finishing it."

#1502 5 years ago

Just finished drilling and installing the EL wire on a new set of Pro ramps for a fellow Pinsider. Eli's kit is definitely awesome but the EL wire sure does look cool as well!

both done.JPG

#1503 5 years ago

The past few days I've had Tron ramp madness going on at my place. Ramps, ramps and more ramps!

IMG_2945.JPG
#1504 5 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

From this thread:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-almost-made-it-to-portal
MXV
"I've been to Portal a few times but have yet to complete it.
You all know that in SOS you can complete modes if Flynn's is lit by shooting the scoop and it will award you the current running mode (for a lesser point value). So if you are having trouble with Gem or another mode you can just finish those that way. You can relight Fynn's with the right orbit during SOS too as many times as you want. Also in disc multiball during SOS you don't have to hit all the various lit shots, you can shoot the spinning disc in the center and each read of the switches in there (the optos) will award one of the lit shots. Sometimes that's easier than some of the lit shots, especially if your disc tends to kick the ball out fairly consistently to a safe place.
My best game so far is 187M. I'm pretty sure I had double scoring going when I started SOS and I had a decent amount of the modes completed and I got to Portal but didn't come very close to finishing it."

THanks! I didn't know about those exploits, but now I will use them

#1505 5 years ago

wow..... i thought the tron le's are expensive... look how high the EDOT's are going for

ebay.com link » Discs Of Tron 1983 Bally Midway Arcade Game Wow Enviromental Cockpit Rare

#1506 5 years ago

Lamp, bitchslapped again.

DSC09869.JPG

DSC09871.JPG

#1507 5 years ago

Sexy wife pic!

IMG_0088.JPG

#1508 5 years ago

You hit the lottery CF!

#1509 5 years ago

What in the hell is scribbled on that mirror?

#1510 5 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

What in the hell is scribbled on that mirror?

Why the F are you looking at the scribbling on the mirror?

resize_image.jpg

#1511 5 years ago

It says "The Moon". sorry I see all details Samuel.

p.s. Show OFF!

#1512 5 years ago

Maybe that mysterious writing is about this book?

moon and back.jpg

#1513 5 years ago

Hadn't played my Tron LE for aaages.
Fired it up and the love is back.

#1514 5 years ago

All that Zumba's paying off
I know this bothers you, but I'm still playing with a broken rubber.

image-407.jpg image-407.jpg image-407.jpg
#1515 5 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Sexy wife pic!

IMG_0088.JPG 78 KB

Is that Luci?? I know you wanted one.

Luci%20game[1].png

#1516 5 years ago

I don't know how I did it today, but got to SOS without getting flynn. Chocked as usual in SOS, still without completing flynn. Never had paid attention to it at all since its rather difficult NOT to get it!

#1517 5 years ago

she must work out

Dumb-Dumber.jpg

#1518 5 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

wow..... i thought the tron le's are expensive... look how high the EDOT's are going for
ebay.com link ยป Discs Of Tron 1983 Bally Midway Arcade Game Wow Enviromental Cockpit Rare

Good to know!

#1519 5 years ago

My Tron is back in action, replaced mosfet for upper flipper and life is good again.

Even got to use my Hakko 808, that thing kicks ass..

#1520 5 years ago

Im sure you guys saw the other thread Jetzxi started...but she is here!

DSC09886.JPG

#1521 5 years ago

Hey get Luci outta here, this thread is for Quorra only

#1522 5 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Congrats man! NIB pins are exciting... my STLE should be here in a few days, I can't wait

#1523 5 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

I don't know how I did it today, but got to SOS without getting flynn. Chocked as usual in SOS, still without completing flynn. Never had paid attention to it at all since its rather difficult NOT to get it!

lol...

but dont feel alone
i just go to portal one more time, and it ended as always, with a 6.5M misery...
than, still trying to finish it

#1524 5 years ago
Quoted from Keebler:

Congrats man! NIB pins are exciting... my STLE should be here in a few days, I can't wait

nice, but not so sexy as CT new toy...

#1525 5 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Hey get Luci outta here, this thread is for Quorra only

I will derail this thread if its the last thing I do on this earth.

By the way, my TRON is an LE now if you didnt see in the other thread, yes, I know Im a pic&thumbsups kinda whore.

DSC09912.JPG

#1526 5 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

By the way, my TRON is an LE now if you didnt see in the other thread, yes, I know Im a pic&thumbsups kinda whore.

Big thumbs up for the custom made sign and blue tape, adds a very nice touch (the tape fits into the overall theme of the machine perfectly).

#1527 5 years ago

What.. No special message like SUCK IT AURCIH

#1528 5 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Forgot to say congrats on the new purchase! That's one nice machine you've got there. After the kids were down for the night tonight I went downstairs with a Lagunitas Sucks and played about 10 games of ACDC. I was just about thinking that ACDC was my new favourite machine until...I decided to play 1 game of Tron to finish up the night.

Made it to SOS with double scoring and had Flynn, Gem, CLU, Zeus and Quorra all solid, hello Mr. 35 million for SOS! I also had special lit for the first time ever, absolutely no idea how I did it but I'm pretty sure I didn't get the extra ball for rolling over the switch.

Anyway, it's all good in the world and Tron still reins supreme at Buck's Arcade!

IMG_3140.JPG
#1529 5 years ago

Guys, for those of you who have a Flynn's sign but didn't want to invest a lot of time and money into a PIG 2 to make it turn on and off with the GI, check out this thread:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/open-source-freeish-pinball-electronics-kit-gi-buddy

Basically some time, a little money ($10-$15), some soldering, and you can have the Flynn's sign interact with the game. We also tested with it connected to the Flynn's Arcade insert on a Tron LE and it worked great. I'm not sure how it would work out on a Pro but it might be worth the time to find out.

#1530 5 years ago
Quoted from dkpinball:

Guys, for those of you who have a Flynn's sign but didn't want to invest a lot of time and money into a PIG 2 to make it turn on and off with the GI, check out this thread:

One project that I want to get going on soon is to get my PIG 2 into the Tron and get it fired up. Read over that thread you mentioned and that sure sounds interesting to hook the Flynn sign up to the GI, pretty cool!

#1531 5 years ago
Quoted from dkpinball:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/open-source-freeish-pinball-electronics-kit-gi-buddy
Basically some time, a little money ($10-$15), some soldering, and you can have the Flynn's sign interact with the game. We also tested with it connected to the Flynn's Arcade insert on a TRON LE and it worked great. I'm not sure how it would work out on a Pro but it might be worth the time to find out.

Finally finished wiring up my PIG2 and FTS-8 splitter for my various mods last night.
But I'm looking at maybe doing one of your GI helpers, and moving Flynn to it.
Currently:
PIG out1 = Flynn
PIG out2 = Clu cycle
PIG out3 = Sam cycle
PIG out4 = Recognizer
PIG passthru >> 8-way splitter >> speaker inserts & flipper LEDs

Although, I've just started messing with the config file, so might just use the AUX on PIG later. But eventually might add a topper, so might need control for that.

But then... if Eli ever impliments the "cycle" jacks on the ramp lighting moduals... that'll open up the PIG for more as well.
(This stuff is all just so cool to play with.)

tmp_IMAG0213-2129484310.jpg
#1532 5 years ago

That's cool! On Chad's Tron (And the MGC Tron Pro) we connected the flippers to the PIG 2 and have them slowly pulse.

Here's the effect on a DE Star Wars. We have the undercab pulsing too but it's at a different rate.

This past week I thought it might be cool to put flashers inside the lower cabinet that flash through the air screens. Whenever you hit the disk shot you'd get lights flashing (like lightning) on the back wall behind the cabinet.

I thought it would be cool to have them inside the cabinet so you don't have to worry about them when breaking the game down and resting it on it's back.

#1533 5 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I will derail this thread if its the last thing I do on this earth.

DSC09912.JPG 169 KB

How much you charging for the upgraded plaque? Looks like money to be made here CF.

#1534 5 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

How much you charging for the upgraded plaque? Looks like money to be made here CF.

I would expect a certificate of authenticity to ensure that numbers weren't duplicated.

IMG_2626.JPG
#1535 5 years ago
Quoted from dkpinball:

I would expect a certificate of authenticity to ensure that numbers weren't duplicated.

IMG_2626.JPG 132 KB

Perfect!

#1536 5 years ago
Quoted from Buckman:

I also had special lit for the first time ever, absolutely no idea how I did it but I'm pretty sure I didn't get the extra ball for rolling over the switch.

Buckman, I've started seeing the Special lately. Rarely it is an award from the arcade scoop. The DMD shows a funky "S" graphic for this.

#1538 5 years ago
Quoted from PC-Pin-NC:

Buckman, I've started seeing the Special lately. Rarely it is an award from the arcade scoop. The DMD shows a funky "S" graphic for this.

Any idea how you light special? All I know is that I was having a pretty good game and suddenly I noticed that the special lights were on. I was like a deer in the headlights because I've never seen it lit before on the game! I was so happy to see them lit I didn't even think about what I might have done to do it.

#1539 5 years ago
Quoted from Buckman:

Any idea how you light special? All I know is that I was having a pretty good game and suddenly I noticed that the special lights were on. I was like a deer in the headlights because I've never seen it lit before on the game! I was so happy to see them lit I didn't even think about what I might have done to do it.

Yeah, I didn't explain it real well. When you hit Flynn's Arcade scoop, it will scroll through 3 different options and pick one. For example: Gem/LC/Clu/Corra/Recognizer/500K/etc. Sometimes (I don't know if it's a higher score level or just after so many plays), but one of the 3 images that scroll across may be extra ball to be lit (image of ball) or special lit (that's the image of the funky "s"). But when you're awarded that (and it's very rare) then it will light the special lane. I think it just lights one then alternates right / left. But of course everytime I get it lit, it goes SDTM.

I hope this helps!

#1540 5 years ago

That would be the new modded out deal of approval. Hell, even seals get mods on Pinside...

#1541 5 years ago
Quoted from PC-Pin-NC:

I hope this helps!

sure does, thanks for the explanation!

#1542 5 years ago
Quoted from dkpinball:

Basically some time, a little money ($10-$15), some soldering, and you can have the Flynn's sign interact with the game. We also tested with it connected to the Flynn's Arcade insert on a TRON LE and it worked great. I'm not sure how it would work out on a Pro but it might be worth the time to find out.

thats how i linked my added led in the recognizer, with the GI cables behind the back panel...

#1543 5 years ago
Quoted from Buckman:

sure does, thanks for the explanation!

yep, and even if we're playing home, its a pity to only have that "mistery" to sometimes enabled the outlanes SPECIAL... btw, its now monthes i didnt get an extraball from there, still 0 (!!!) since code 1.74

means code need just few details to be "perfect"

more here : http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-tron-code/page/8

#1544 5 years ago

Never guess what showed up in my house today...now if I could get one of CF's glory hole mods...

20140118_132505[1].jpg
#1545 5 years ago

Thanks PinheadPuckGuy!!!!!

DSC09919.JPG

Now hurry up on my LOTR one!

R4hux-102.gif

#1546 5 years ago

One does not simply make a LOTR panel quickly

LOTR Middle Earth map.jpg

I will have 3 Tron custom panels ready next week QuarterGrabber.

#1547 5 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Thanks PinheadPuckGuy!!!!!

Now hurry up on my LOTR one!

DSC09919.JPG 197 KB

Where did the Encom plate/sticker come from?

#1548 5 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Where did the Encom plate/sticker come from?

Thats a vinyl sticker I bought off EBay from a dude in Cali. They are 2 for $5 or something.

Its on the glare guard if you cant tell from the pic.

#1549 5 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Thats a vinyl sticker I bought off EBay from a dude in Cali. They are 2 for $5 or something.
Its on the glare guard if you cant tell from the pic.

Cool! Looks nice. Modding a Tron is serious business...

#1550 5 years ago

Can someone school me in two things: The hallmark lightcycles and using a PIG 2 to control a mod/mods.

1: How do you wire up the lightcycles from Hallmark and how do you mount them. I have no problem wiring them myself, I just need to know the specifics.

2: How do you mount the Hallmark cycles in the game?

3: I'm eyeing the Pig 2 as it looks interesting. My goal is to have the Flynn's sign only light when the Flynn's shot is lit. My second goal is to have the Hallmark cycles either light during lightcycle multiball or if not possible, to light when you hit the corresponding ramp shot. Can Pig 2 do this and can one Pig 2 do this and do the Flynn's sign? Or can Pig 2 only do one thing and require more than one to do more than one mod controlling?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
There are 9273 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 186.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside