tron1 (resized).jpg
tron2 (resized).jpg
IMG_4921 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4920 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6148 (resized).png
IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
There are 11,649 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 233.
#101 10 years ago

Centerflank playing whitepower tonight. 20130706_220056.jpg20130706_220056.jpg

#102 10 years ago

That white Tron is sweet!

#103 10 years ago
Quoted from retired_user_101:

i blew a fuse on my TRON LE. it will power on, but i can't start a game. uhhhggg !!!!
where do you get those light-up side rails from & also the side hinges? any URL for them, or just someone to contact here?
i'm working on building an EDOT to sit next to the pin. anyone have EDOT parts they can spare? I have all the PCB's only. You can see them on the floor. It's very environmental at moment.
cheers,
bb

I finished fully restoring my EDOT not too long ago.
Looks great with my Tron LE pinball.
All the best with it..

#104 10 years ago

So, can you still find these at distributors or are they all sold out? I am a little late to the game, but I think I might try and snag one of these before they are all sold out.

#105 10 years ago
Quoted from Timerider:

OK... what is "Lamp"? I must have missed that reference .

I love lamp.

#106 10 years ago

that's a nice tron you have there op. glad you are still enjoying it.

#107 10 years ago

I love lamp reference from Anchorman...it's just funny, so it was put in the title

I mean....did you see the voting options? Flank is a funny guy

#108 10 years ago
Quoted from Timerider:

Have a Tron Pro... and loving it.
Slowly modding it.
Most inserts LED'd, chrome flippers w/ blue rubber, Flynn sign, arcade mod v3, apron cards, cycle silhouettes for speakers.. Have a set of cycles to mount next .
Also have a PIG2 on order .
OK... what is "Lamp"? I must have missed that reference .

It's an Anchorman reference...

#110 10 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

Centerflank playing whitepower tonight.

I see that Centerflank is absent from Pinside so far today, he is either busy with honeydo's or he is severely hung over?!

#111 10 years ago

I see that Centerflank is absent from Pinside so far today, he is either busy with honeydo's or he is severely hung over?!

Nope, I feel great, had to get up early to go stain a deck, mission completed!

Whitepower TRON is CF approved!

DSC09236.JPGDSC09236.JPG

#112 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Nope, I feel great, had to get up early to go stain a deck, mission completed!
Whitepower TRON is CF approved!

Awesome dude! I forgot it's your busy time of the year. What a difference a good flash makes, nice picture of whitepower Tron.

#113 10 years ago

and Blue DMD...that Tron is tits!

#114 10 years ago

Just to clear up my question, I was asking if Tron's could still be had via distributor or if they were all sold out.

#115 10 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Just to clear up my question, I was asking if Tron's could still be had via distributor or if they were all sold out.

I'm pretty sure they are all sold out. There might be a few distributors that still have them, but that's because they are asking ridiculous prices for them. I think you'd be lucky to find one at $5500 (shipped) now

#116 10 years ago
Quoted from Keebler:

I'm pretty sure they are all sold out. There might be a few distributors that still have them, but that's because they are asking ridiculous prices for them. I think you'd be lucky to find one at $5500 (shipped) now

Agreed...the last I heard about 4-5 weeks ago another Pinsider was asking around to see if any PRO's from the latest run were available....believe they were able to find one after a week's worth of posting....the price though, I am not sure

#117 10 years ago

Oh well, by the time I got enough saved up they would be for sure sold out. I guess I will just have to dream about playing one

#118 10 years ago

LOVE ME SOME TRON!!!!

anyone wanna get on the tron train?? chu chu

DOT-Train.jpgDOT-Train.jpg

#120 10 years ago

that tron train image killz me every time i see it

ps. building an EDOT right now. anyone have any parts for me ?

cheers

#121 10 years ago

TRON is a bad mamajama!! One of the coolest themes in pinball with an unbelievable sound package. A great all around pin one of the best IMO. I'm also a modaholic and TRON provides the gift that keeps giving in that aspect as well. That said, I love lamp too why do I have to choose one over the other?

Quoted from Erik:

Finally installed ChadNC's rails today!

That looks awesome well played!!

#122 10 years ago

TRON is a bad mamajama!! One of the coolest themes in pinball with an unbelievable sound package. A great all around pin one of the best IMO. I'm also a modaholic and TRON provides the gift that keeps giving in that aspect as well. That said, I love lamp too why do I have to choose one over the other?
That looks awesome well played!!

You forgot to mentioned that the Dude is also on the game.....Tron is the whole package

Dude.jpgDude.jpg

#123 10 years ago

If anyone has a sound board from an EDOT I'd give my left nut for it. I want my upright to talk It's not trivial to connect it but it can be done.

Thanks,
Mike
www.HabosArcade.com

PS If you love lamp then you might like this in December

#124 10 years ago

Well there is always home use only. Derek sold his last week and it was gorgeous, so don't discount a HUO Tron Pro. Plus Elis ramp lighting kit is coming at the end of the month for those that don't have it yet. Good times!

Quoted from Gov:

Oh well, by the time I got enough saved up they would be for sure sold out. I guess I will just have to dream about playing one

#125 10 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

LOVE ME SOME TRON!!!!
anyone wanna get on the tron train?? chu chu

Nice pic, i remember taking it

#126 10 years ago

hahaha..... you took that picture?? nice man. whats the story behind the edot train pic?

the most i've ever had was 2 edots in the garage. i was sellin one and keepin' the other (upgradin')

Quoted from Wickedbass:

Nice pic, i remember taking it

#127 10 years ago

So looks like TRON has brought a lot of love into our lives, at this point 81% of pinsiders love the TRON. Nuff said...

Or not, 19% of you apparently need some male enhancement pills.

#128 10 years ago

think i found the 19% here -->

#129 10 years ago

yeah.... nOthing beats the sounds in discs of tron. esp when sark is just laughing at you and mocking you when he derezzes you. hope you find a speech board!

Quoted from hAbO:

If anyone has a sound board from an EDOT I'd give my left nut for it. I want my upright to talk It's not trivial to connect it but it can be done.
Thanks,
Mike
http://www.HabosArcade.com
PS If you love lamp then you might like this in December
» YouTube video

#130 10 years ago

tron is so awesome!
congrats to stern for pulling a game like this off!

#131 10 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

The squawk and talk board comes up on eBay regularly. I see 2 available right now. You might have to buy as-is though.

BTW - my old guide to doing this is up here:

http://ionpool.net/arcade/mcr/dot/index.htm

Pm if you have any questions

#132 10 years ago

so it sounds like a lot of us pinsiders are edot/dot owners?? post some pics guys!

Quoted from caker137:

The squawk and talk board comes up on eBay regularly. I see 2 available right now. You might have to buy as-is though.
BTW - my old guide to doing this is up here:
http://ionpool.net/arcade/mcr/dot/index.htm
Pm if you have any questions

#133 10 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

so it sounds like a lot of us pinsiders are edot/dot owners?? post some pics guys!

Mine was a UDOT to which I added speech. I sold it a couple of years ago to make room for my TOM (and I had kind of tired of it anyway)

#134 10 years ago

I love my Tron. I have some mods on it. Below is a video of my machine (my wife is playing, NOT ME). I have put on many more mods since the video was taken. Not that they make the game any better.

#135 10 years ago

Bump. Where's all the love gone?

#136 10 years ago

Where's all the love gone?

Ive been loving addin a few more minor mods to mine Pinbit pop bumps!

DSC09248.JPGDSC09248.JPG

#137 10 years ago

Nice, same place I got mine!

#138 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Ive been loving addin a few more minor mods to mine Pinbit pop bumps!

I'm a big fan of the pop bumper kit. Have you considered the pinbits plastic protectors? They are a nice improvement too.

#139 10 years ago

I got everything pinbits offered for Tron. I find the pinbits pop bumpers look WAY better with their recommended blacklight LEDS like the ones I have in mine. But everyones tastes are different.

#140 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I got everything pinbits offered for Tron.

Yeah, same here. How did you mount the recognizer plastic protector, above or below the original plastic? I mounted mine below, but it was a little tricky.

#141 10 years ago
Quoted from Keebler:

Yeah, same here. How did you mount the recognizer plastic protector, above or below the original plastic? I mounted mine below, but it was a little tricky.

At first below but I have the recognizer mod and the down lights made the neon orange plastic front look really bright and bad so I removed that protector. I do have all coin taker non-gosting premium LED's in it though.

#142 10 years ago
Quoted from Keebler:

I'm a big fan of the pop bumper kit. Have you considered the pinbits plastic protectors? They are a nice improvement too.

Throw some pics up, Id like to see them installed, I dont run any plastic protectors on any of my machines.

#143 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I've had my Tron LE for quite awhile. As such, I do go through periods where I don't play it that often. Recently, I even had a teeny tiny voice way in the back of my head saying maybe I should consider selling it.

So, I decided to fire her up a week and half ago to see if Tron was still doing it for me.

In short, AM I F*%king CRAZY?! Tron isn't going ANYWHERE. I've been playing it more than any of my other pins in the last week and a half. Still love the pin.

I know I sound like a broken record, but damn, Tron has the best sounds, music, and callouts in terms of how they completely immerse you in the theme like few other pins have ever done. There is no doubt that you are playing TRON.

Also love how the pin plays, great rules by Lyman that once again perfectly match how the pin plays. Deep? Nope. Can't be too deep with this type of layout and relatively short ball times and the randomness of the disc. Getting to Portal isn't easy. I did it for only the third time since the update the other night. And damn, Portal is COOL!

Sea of Simulation is one of the best mini wizard modes ever in my opinion too.

How cool is the start up of Light Cycle Multi-ball?! The rumble of the bass is too cool.

And yeah, it's fun to mod the hell out of Tron. The Arcade Mod is one of the best mods EVER done for a pin.

Hard to believe that I still love this pin this much, after this long.

"Behold, the son of our maker"!

#144 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Throw some pics up, Id like to see them installed, I dont run any plastic protectors on any of my machines.

Watch my video above you will see under the plastics is glowing neon orange. That is the protectors doing that, they are neon orange and react to the light of the led's. Worth every penny!

#145 10 years ago

OT-Oh Hell yeah, watching Lone Wolf McQuade, he goes into the little guys office in the wheelchair and ther is a Rapid Fire and a Xenon in this dudes office!

#146 10 years ago

Tron does rule, what RobT just wrote, gave me a woody...I need this game in my basement...love it

Metallica LE, BSD, Tron LE....couldn't get much better than that for a 3 pin lineup...

#147 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Watch my video above you will see under the plastics is glowing neon orange. That is the protectors doing that, they are neon orange and react to the light of the led's. Worth every penny!

Ah yeah, I watched that the other night, do you have to remind your wife their is an upper flipper?

That recognizer plastic looks nice, I take it the ones for the slingshots are included? I thought those came from Curly at LittleShop...are the pin bits all clear or colored?

#148 10 years ago

I guess I have the dress kit not the plastic protectors, sorry. The only difference is the dress kit comes neon orange and reacts cool to light.

#149 10 years ago

I removed the protector from under my recognizer because I don't like the way my recognizer down lights make it look. You can have it and the "ZEN" plastic which I also didn't put on if you want to pay for the shipping to get it to you. I can't see it being more than a few bucks as it would fit in an envelope.

#150 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I've had my TRON LE for quite awhile.

Excellent post RobT, TRON is such a ridiculously awesome game to play (fast-simple rules-visually stunning-and yes, I give TRON the best audio rating of any pin Ive ever played)

This is about the only machine I fire up right now, waiting on some parts for HULK, TAF and Xmen.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 26.50
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Trade
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

There are 11,649 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.