tron1 (resized).jpg
tron2 (resized).jpg
IMG_4921 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4920 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6148 (resized).png
IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mk6pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

479 posts in this topic match your search for posts by mk6pin. You are on page 2 of 2.
#5696 8 years ago

Flank...I've officially added Scotch to the accepted adult beverage list...figured this should add a nice wrinkle to the adult play. I HAVE to insure the audits are correct, and insure the machines stay up, so I'll be indulging around 5 ( positive this is mandated host behavior for the club).

#5697 8 years ago
Quoted from Justbringit9282:

Picked up a tron as my first pinball about three weeks ago, it was a PRO with 6000 plays on it. wasn't even updated to latest code. i dont know if 6000 plays is considered alot but i feel it was a good deal. Machine was a bit dirty and had original lighting. Here is a picture after a nice clean / wax. And of course a bunch of upgrades.
IMG_0230_(resized).JPG

Congrats and welcome to the grid!!!....machine looks great ( and were meant to be played), so just engage and enjoy!!!

#5709 8 years ago

Flank.....it's TRON time....people starting to show....I'm prepared:

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#5712 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Im still trying to finish the Newcastle barrel! Drink it up tonight TRONclub!
Wrong Thread

And a directive from the Op!!!....I will make it happen.....IMVE getting the hell played out of it right now , but it's definitely early...

1 week later
#5764 8 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

It looks like this thread has gone a full day without a post. Whaaat? I guess were all too busy enjoying Tron. I know I am. It is still my go to game. every time. If all my pins made me feel this good .....I would never leave the house.

Yes..." Four horsemen" thread is sidetracking recent action....they are debating bylaws at the moment.....no worries....I've been jamming TRON, and tomorrow night? TRON and Scotch fest ( with some IM thrown in for good measure)...TRON thread never stays dark too long..... it just has to let us catch our breath once in awhile.....

#5768 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Nah, now that I'm back in the club here everyone just feels more relaxed. Less anxiety.

Agreed...life as it should be......

2 weeks later
#5828 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Btw, whomever's dirty TRON that is, will be getting a strongly worded letter of disappointment.

Hard to unsee that pic.....

#5839 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

If you write that letter in any language or tone other than Khoisan click you will be demoted to vice chair of this Tron love fest thread.

Yikes...hostile takeover???....

#5841 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

He sold a TRON once so that immediately disqualifies him for the position of Encom CEO

I do believe your point is valid ....found it in the code under subsection " Jager", paragraph 7..." One relinquishes all rights to executive or administrative covenants if found to have previously sold, lost or otherwise removed a TRON from their premise"...pretty clear to me.....

#5845 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

I think his regret was strong.
Isn't there a biTigerlaw about that?
Some hazing could clear prior sins... Yadda yaddy...?

Hmmm....dont have the most recent version of manual...hazing not covered in mine, but seems reasonable....you could be correct....

#5849 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Im gonna need a moderator check on a Dup account......
Besides, you are tainted now, Ive seen where you have been!

Yikes!!! It's real now...AoD has spoken...

#5850 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

then you shall face a vote of non-confidence due to your new pledged affinity to the four horsemen.

This shakes the most stable thread on Pinside!!!....and on a Sunday night, when I can't drink to help ease the pain....

1 week later
#5870 7 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

thanks flank. tried that. still no luck...

A mere flesh wound.......

and yes...STILL best thread on PS!!!!

#5871 7 years ago

And fresh EL under my instruction cards.....one badass machine!!!

#5873 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Wow! I need to do that pronto. Looks amazing!

Pretty reasonable, too...around $45 for (2x) sheets and inverters. free shipping ( from China so takes a couple weeks). These are "A5" sheets, so had enough to do these cards, and plenty left for my next project: (getting addicted to screwing w this stuff)

#5885 7 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I hate to be "that guy" but there's a significant problem with your hinges

Hinges in my head or really?....you have me worried now.......

#5887 7 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I hate to be "that guy" but there's a significant problem with your hinges

Ahh...unless you are referencing the type of game those hinges are going on....I plead forgiveness for my infraction

#5888 7 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

Customer: "How do you spell Tron"
Metal Hinge Fabricator: :Twili......."

Ashamed I now am....shit

Does it at least count that have TRON lit hinges already installed?....or must I now rub my eyes w broken glass as punishment. ..

#5891 7 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

ok now that the ball busting is behind us. what is the value of the cutouts? removing some cabinet for some light pass-through action? that would be sweet

That would be cool...but I'm just going to put EL paper ( white) behind the cutouts , used blue on my TRON hinges and rails...gives a nice glow to the back of the cabinet. I think the white " pass thru" glow will give a great look to this unspeakable title....

#5892 7 years ago

Full confession here....did it to my IM, as well....my conscious is clear now....no other hinge coolness to confess....

#5893 7 years ago

Ok.....just got home from work...redemption shots.....hinge and rails are chrome, so reflecting a game next to it ( not to be held against me...)

#5900 7 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

LOVE THAT! How hard is it to change them (both) out?

Think Flank had some bare metal and black sets sourced awhile back for guys on the thread. These were just laser cut, so you would have to add the EL paper yourself (look back a few pages). Gio @ pinball refinery may still offer in chrome w the paper included (that's where mine came from... changed the paper out as it dims over time).

Replacing just the ramps and hinges (without EL lighting) is pretty straightforward. Adding the paper? another story, and can be quite the pita to do it right.

If you are going to use bare metal and do the whole thing, prepare to invest a good bit of time and $$$, regardless.

#5905 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

INCOMING!
I'm in agreement with another great member of the community to pickup an LE in a cpl wks. It has a chance to dethrone my fully done-up BSM and TWDLE as "nicest" in my collection. Accumulating upgrades now. Target finish date mid June.
This was a fringe game for me for all 3 yrs or so that I've been in pinball and I eventually simply couldn't resist even with the astronomical pricing.

BAMM!!!! congrats!!....yes it immediately takes it's place at the top........welcome!!!!....mark

#5921 7 years ago

Where's the best source for broken plastics? Noticed today ( while cleaning the play-field) that I've got a broken one up at the top right corner, behind orbit . I blame it on the clear disc, but more likely happened when I lifted the playfield without taking the balls out ( yes, a lazy habit that I have on occasion)...

#5932 7 years ago

Gonna get real now!!! Tip on the shooter rod...use your original barrel spring...I've got these on all my machines, and the one included in this kit is too stiff...won't let the rod plunge correctly.....anxious to see this bad boy now!!!

#5939 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

hey guys, easy one here:
Tron LE came with LEDs for inserts from the factory or not ?
how about for GI ?
I'm thinking I need yet another LEDOCD board for the inserts...

LEDOCD board doesn't work ( or needed) for the inserts on the LE ( LED boards factory installed)....Flank is correct......

#5942 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

a word of caution from one man's experience. I had gold aftermarket flipper bats on my iron man. they never fit quite right, or felt quite right. they weren't firmly into place so I couldn't get consistent dead bounces, etc. I eventually took them off and compared them to the yellow stock, the shaft and flippers themselves were NOTICEABLY smaller and thus allowed vibration while also making the game harder for drains down the middle. Just what IM needed right? just saying- check for size comparison against the stock sterns anytime you are going to install non stock flipper bats. I of course stuck with the stock bats...and am now scarred ever since, terrified to try aftermarket bats.
again, one man's story. I mod everything as much as possible but never if it impacts gameplay...

Completely agree on the bats...I've had bad luck, as well...as far as the rubber, I like Titan colors, and have been avoiding black totally, but that's just me....

#5964 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Making a little progress......

Excellent further enhancement to your deadly machine!!!.....been at Soccerland w my Son this weekend ( came in second), or I would have seen and posted earlier....I'm starting to like the look of those LED leg protectors...( oh nooooo).....

#5966 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I just put in an order for 4 more sets
Edit-----No video, didn't get to finish everything, still need that last flipper bat from Germany. I need another frigging power splitter too. Ha!

Dammit....another must have mod.....when does the madness end? ( never, I'm quite sure)......

#5978 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

preview, in progress:

That's cool locating the plaque down there.....where did you get the coin inserts (or were they on the machine when you got it)? I only have one...think that disc would look great!!!!

#5994 7 years ago

Sweet!!!.....that Apron is killer!!!

3 weeks later
#6088 7 years ago

NEWS, NEWS!!! We can all stop modding our TRON's because a post on the VE thread states" TRON VE WILL BE THE BEST VERSION EVER"!!!!! Flank, why didn't you tell us? Devastating.....

#6090 7 years ago

That's some serious Koolaid shit going on for sure.....

#6096 7 years ago

The biggie is being careful when you pry the back cover off ( gentle, or it will crack...spoken from experience)...

And definitely solder bypass the switch ( don't super glue it)...again from experience...a good solder joint lasts forever, that damn super glue will start to give way and the cycle will flicker ( bugs the shit out of you, then you get mad and break the back cover when you have to take it back off....umm..ratting myself out)..

I obviously "frankensteined" one to get the process down....good luck....mark

#6106 7 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

For sale: Centerflank wiring mod. This mod is just 40 feet of wires stripped from a Ford Taurus. You just throw it in your cabinet so that it looks like you have as many lighting mods in your Tron as Centerflank does.

Whatever the price, it's a bargain ....

#6114 7 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Is Kaneda still licking CF's balls?

Nasty shit there.....

#6118 7 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Yep. I couldn't believe it until I saw the pics.

Can't unsee that.......

#6136 7 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

Nice they look awesome but they cost $$

But worth it if he reruns them....black mirror badass on TRON

#6140 7 years ago
Quoted from jedimastermatt:

BTW - anyone have an suggestions on how to fix a lit lightcycle that seems to keep flashing?

If it's random flashing, I bet the guy that modded it for you super glued the switch as opposed to soldering the wires.....

#6143 7 years ago

It's a consistent pulse. The other one stays on just fine.

I had one of mine give me fits.....it was the switch. But if your's is consistently pulsing you may have to dig deeper.....are they wired direct, through a PIG2, or an insert? Suspect that would be where to start.....

#6147 7 years ago

I keep meaning to install them after I get "done" modding everything I can inside the game. The problem is everytime I think I'm getting close... I find something else to do to it

Hate to break it to you.....but you've already realized it......you're never " done" modding in Tronland....price you pay for owning a badass machine.......

On mine.....really like the el paper under the instruction cards....

Colordmd looks best in color.....had mine on sigma mode and serial control to follow the colors of the speaker light kit...looked cool too, but the color rocks...subtle but deadly.....

Have fun...put your mirrors on, and enjoy ( still betting your switch is screwed in one of your light cycles, but just swapping feeds w the other one is smart....

#6148 7 years ago

Good move!!!...think it's a requirement for membership, actually......

#6153 7 years ago

Flank takes no shit here...life is good in Tronland!!!

#6155 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I don't give him shit. He's just not a fan, to put it mildly.

I don't know ( or care) about any of that....just know this IS the best thread on Pinside , and Flank a big part of that...

Glad you bought a TRON ....am sure you will love it..that's basically all there is here ( along w booze, mods, and ALOT of other cool Troniacs)

#6156 7 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

Word Up Fellow Tronites! Been a while since I've been on here and I hear Flank is taking some shit from the higher ups, so I feel now that the CAVS are champs and I finally have some free time, I am making my return!! Miss being on this thread you guys/gals are the best~!

Welcome back !!! ( although I can't honestly remember when you left....my memory is somewhat lacking) free time for me in a week.....

#6159 7 years ago

Didn't really leave, just haven't been on PS for about 2 months. Just busy with life and needed a break. But I am back and ready to BS!

Excellent!!!

#6179 7 years ago

Throwing Flank out whom is a pillar of pinside, is absolutely ridiculous. Some douchy PS member whom adds nothing to the site, whined and bitched and basically narced out Flank for absolutely no good reason.

I don't know everything (but enough) about this incident.....while unfortunate, I believe that Flank was "egged on" into the situation, and probably was shocked when he was the one that got the ban.....hence the ill responses through the mod chain.

PM system failed in this instance, and I just hope Flank returns where he belongs (with us) in due time.

Many find him an asset to our community......mark

#6188 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

We won't comment on the specifics of Centerflank's situation other than it involved lots of harassment, threats, and vulgar attacks against other members.
Suffice to say, Centerflank was given plenty of leeway and chances to get back on track and follow the site rules prior to his account freeze. Freezing his account was by no means taken lightly, and was an unfortunate result of his behavior and his behavior alone.
If you wish to discuss the situation further, please open a moderator feedback thread. This is not the place to discuss an individual member's status.
Let's get back to pinball...

Agreed and understood.....

#6191 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

ok guys & gals...
i'm not supposed to release this, but here's actual video/audio footage of what happened between Centerflank & the pinside mods.
i'll let you decide who is who. (sound on)
ps. based on the end of the actual/factual footage, Centerflank should probably become a mod as well
» YouTube video

Best video ever!!!....can't stop laughing

#6193 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

I've watched it like 4 times now.
Still trying to figure out who is who in it.

You can actually script it a couple different ways ( even w the cat taking on 2 different personas , if that makes sense).

My favorite parts are " the pose", and when the mantis finally grabs him......just can't stop laughing every time I watch it....

#6208 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I've only started Portal once. I agree, things are hard enough in Tron. If Zeus feels to easy, regap the switches on the standup targets so only a direct hard hit triggers it.
To me the magic of Tron is in the different levels of modes. Sure, some are easy, but others keep you trying. If I concentrate on one, I might finish it, but I won't finish them all. That makes it the perfect dimension of depth for the structure of the game. I can do all the pieces, but not in the same game. So I always feel like I can make it to Portal, even though I have only done it once in 4.5 years. Good stuff.

Agreed...focusing on one aspect of the game is crazy fun.....Gem and I just don't get along....I enjoy getting to EOLMB fairly regular, but it still kicks my ass before I get to 100 million.....it's my Grail TRON #...ahhhhh!!!

#6214 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Made it. A few versions coming for the redshiftLED website. A bit of fun. This is an R&D test, but it's so awesome I'm leaving it in I think.

Looks great!!!!! I think light blasting out of the front of the plexi would look sick!!!! maybe augment the original flashers w some 12v strips firing forward (or laser beams!!!).....LIKE!!!!

#6215 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Post some pics!

Yes please!!!!! mandatory, so we can drool on it (oh, and a clear disc too..............

#6218 7 years ago
Quoted from Superchicken:

OMG! "Clear disc of doom" installed. Tron is the most intense pin I have ever played. My hands are swollen and I had to stop.

As they should be...TRON ROCKS...period!!!

#6230 7 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

The search is over, found a excellent condition Tron pro from the first production run.
It will be here in a few weeks, will post some pics when it arrives.
Time to go mod shopping.
Stoked!

SWEET!!!.....congrats and welcome.....

#6245 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

You didn't ask about the clear disk. Tisk tisk, CF will be disappointed when he returns to find all these new members with dark rubber disks.

A slacker, I am!!!

#6258 7 years ago
Quoted from webdiddy:

Hey guys! I'll be in the club next week.
I just wanted to ask something real quick.
As many of you know most stern titles lacks the JACKPOT! call outs, I myself is a real sucker for jackpot and super jackpot call outs, they make you feel that you're really accomplishing something.
I just thought to myself, I wonder if it would be possible to ad a jackpot call out using pinball browser? I don't know much about how pinball browser works but I wouldn't be surprised if that's not possible due to there's no pre programmed call out at all during a jackpot. Anyone know if this would be possible? As a jackpot sample I guess you could use the female voice and simulate the "robotic" voice effect.
Anyway, just a thought.

Congrats on joining the Club!!!.....you will hear female jackpot call outs in the game....TRON just does it cooler than most....

#6262 7 years ago

Agreed!!! "Jackpot achieved"......

#6276 7 years ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

Had some free time so cracked a beer , poped in the movie and installed my new lighted flipper buttons from pinball life . My sub sound board hookup from pinnovators showed up so off with the alligator clips and man that thing really makes it rock Cheers

TRON TIME!!!! Now just find some brown liquor to go w the beer, and the experience will be complete!!!...

#6278 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Exactly the modding I need to do this weekend. You got the blue/orange button combo, right? Do you like it? Not sure if I'll be a fan of the orange side...

Do it!!!....the bright button orange / blue looks killer on TRON!!!

#6281 7 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

not a fan, somebody please buy mine.

The lit buttons or the machine? Quite sure someone will take the machine from you if priced fair....just list it....

#6283 7 years ago

Ok....normal Friday night back from vacation......several Scotch's, TRON kicks my ass.....some things never change...

#6289 7 years ago

SWEET!!!!!

#6294 7 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Good tips, I'll check those out. Power button seems like the most likely suspect...

If that is the culprit, I HIGHLY recommend soldering the connections (bypassing the switch)......had the glue/ epoxy route on mine when I bought it......nightmare city!!!!!

#6299 7 years ago

It's only taken me 2 years, and many bottles of Jager.....but tonight, I join the 100 million club!!! TRON RULES!!! What a rush....made SOS, never reached Portal, Gem still kicking my ass, but I beat the hell out of disc multiball!!!

#6301 7 years ago
Quoted from Blacktoothgrin:

I am at 2+years and still at 77mil so congrats! , not to mention at parties here have had friends get to 140 I leave them just to taunt me, so sad even watched papa videos and think I can do this but then nope! yeah I suck but cant stop playing so all good ! You on standard settings and 3ball? DAMN YOU TRON AND THE GRID I WILL KEEP TRYING!! And before anyone chimes in yeesss learn to play better I Know...

Thanks...and yep, I've always kept it on 3 ball, factory settings......hit Quorra mb a couple of times and disc mb literally half a dozen times.....I'm sure my score was by accident, as I've heard easier ways to get there. Tonight, I just decided to pound the disc as much as possible and hope for the best.....got lucky, I guess. The game is so unforgiving yet addictive, easy to understand rule set, but impossible ( for me) to master.

I usually play it when I'm pissed off already, and my day at work fit the mold perfect today.....just going to stare at the score and drink a bit more.....good way to start the weekend!!!

#6303 7 years ago
Quoted from Blacktoothgrin:

Hahaha! I do the same thing stress relief! or stress inducer? hmm Ill make another drink and go play ! cheers to ya brother! and enjoy the weekend!

Do it!!!.....have a good one, TRON BRO!!!

#6304 7 years ago

I've alerted Flank, btw, so he can validate my achievement. Wouldn't be right without him knowing.....hope the thaw ends soon....

#6306 7 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

Where is Sirflankalot ?

Flank land, I believe.......a cool place....

#6308 7 years ago

Agreed....no sign of thaw in your pic......

#6322 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

This game might be a little bit TOO addictive, BTW...

You have entered TRONLAND....no turning back now....

#6324 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I shit thee not...it's so good it's making all my other machines sad.

Agreed.....something about the machine...simple rules, impossible to master, brutal gameplay, killer audio and lights ( w the ramps)....it takes on all flavors of the month.....yes, I played AC/DC and MET ( said it).....TRON just prevails....is what it is....

#6326 7 years ago

Just is what it is.......I've had a hard time getting excited about anything since adding my LE to the lineup.....added an IMVE, as I just needed a pure ass kicker, and will have an AlienLE....but nothing else really needed for me.....

#6338 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

It's because in Tron you can do every individual task required to get to the wizard mode during any game. I can even finish Light Cycle if I concentrate on it and play well. But if I do that I won't finish others. That is the magic of this game

It's a one of a kind, love/ hate thing (exponential on both ends)......I have to be in the right frame of mind to step up to it....generally on the "bad day at work" side gets me further....

#6342 7 years ago

Wait for it..........

#6347 7 years ago

The humanity.....Flank....this bottle is EMPTY!!!...I need your guidance on switching to Scotch after this atrocity!!! ( there were only 4 shots left...seems reasonable)......Troniacs are in need of wisdom....f$&k the rest....thaw!!!

#6348 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Dude's pissed off. He might need a little time.

He knows sanctity lies in TRON ( can't speak for four horsemen, because I only have 1)...douches don't live in this thread!!!

#6351 7 years ago

Suspect time to give it a rest for a bit.......must keep his threads alive, however......I shall continue to brag about the best thread and machine on Pinside......

#6352 7 years ago

Oh, and enjoy adult beverages per club rules....

#6362 7 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

50 million if you go straight to portal before SOS. 100 million if you have double scoring running when you hit the scoop for portal...not sure what you did TBH...but here's the score to beat!
Also if you are dialed in on the GEM shot, the end of ball bonus can get pretty ludicrous

Great score!!! Shit....I just don't know how people do this......your score will be safe from ever being seen on my machine...for life, I'm afraid....

#6365 7 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

way behind on Tronsiders posts, but these purple backlit speakers with blue lightcycles are incredible!! What a perfect Tron, MK6!

Thanks Erik.....she turned out well ( lethal and beautiful)!!!.....Mark

1 week later
#6406 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I'm getting ready to take another shot at the clear disk, but I'd like it to be reversible. I've seen the plastic part at Pinball Life, but is there somewhere I can get the metal bracket that mounts the disk to the motor shaft? Also, has anyone been successful at removing the set screw that holds it on there? When I tried, it wasn't moving, and I was worried about stripping the head of the set screw.

That screw is TIGHT!!! ended up soaking mine in WD40 overnight (upright, and tapping w wrench a few times to get the stuff in there), and it was still tight. Came out though....

My motor getting a bit noisy....will probably just change the whole assembly out, cheap compared to the time it takes to disassemble/ reassemble everything, IMHO

Truth about clear disc - I've had it on mine for almost 2 years now, haven't broken anything, but does scare the shit out of me every now and then. After it's been on a bit, not quite so grabby (or scary). I really think you will love it once the initial panic wears off.....it is truly an amazing thing to watch the ball defy physics on occasion......and no marks on the playfield......

#6407 7 years ago

A fitting post ONLY in a TRON thread.....Flank would approve

#6409 7 years ago

Smoothest bourbon I've had in some time....

#6415 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Especially good for the price. I usually end up with Blanton's, but I'm not sure I could even tell a difference after the first drink.

Completely agree!!!

#6416 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

serenity now !

You're asking a lot.....kind of makes me mad, and not even my machine!!!

#6419 7 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Buffalo Trace is my favorite at that price. For a couple bucks more check out Evan Williams Single Barrel. It is my new favorite bourbon. Similar flavor profile between the two but the Evan Williams is a bit sweeter and more smooth. You can't beat either, really.

Always looking for choices.....thanks!!!!

#6424 7 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

You should post this in a separate thread so that it gets the attention that it deserves. Your post here will quickly get buried in Bourbon.

Ummm.......Bourbon actually enhances all mods relevant to TRON...(very cool and awesome work, btw...)....

#6425 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

PDI installed

love the orange underglow too......I slow pulse mine from blue to orange....very nice....PDI rules (I'll be happy when back in stock again...)

#6443 7 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

My Tron with incandescent inserts was looking weak next to Ghostbusters so I finally got it fully decked out with LEDs and an LED OCD board. Now GB looks weak. End of line.

Looks great!!! And yes, end of line, end of story, end of debate....however you say it....TRON will be the badass on the block for sometime to come.....

2 weeks later
#6476 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I just made Portal for only my second time since buying the game in 2012. I know it's not a great score compared to some of you guys, but I'm fired up!!!

Great score to me, and congrats !!!....I'm finally over the 100million mark ( live in the 80's to 90's mostly), but 150 is my next milestone...love this game!!!!

#6480 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

wow, and in England.
very cool.

Agreed.....a good friend move both ways, for sure...welcome to the grid!!!

4 weeks later
#6521 7 years ago
Quoted from zapp:

Sounds like fun, can´t wait

It is, and welcome to the grid!!!!! (glass won't break, but everything else fair game.......)

2 weeks later
#6549 7 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Ok. Maybe this has been covered before, but I thought I'd share this with Tron nerds like myself.
I've found an interesting way to make the Gem shot that is fun, and I'm hitting it with a WAY higher percentage than trying to slam it off the orbit or Quorra loop.
I've been back flipping from the left flipper. A quick back flip (with a small bump out) will send the ball slowly up the left orbit. Usually comes to rest at the base or just past the base of the upper left flipper. It's just started to roll back down as you can slam the Gem shot with pretty great accuracy.
Maybe this is old news to you guys, but I thought I'd share.
It was something I looked at and though, "Hmmm... I wonder if that could be pulled off!?", and then I did it on my first try.
I do a similar bump out and backflip from the right flipper to the Away Team shot on my STle.
Happy Flipping

Found that out by accident, and absolutely the best way to get it ( at least semi consistently). That little bump out off the left flipper seems to put the ball in the perfect spot.....

3 weeks later
#6609 7 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I think I may have found the hardest way to hit Gem...or at least a way to hit it I'd never thought of. During multiball I had balls simultaneously tracking around the orbits. They met at the Gem exit at just the right point to bump one of the balls sideways into the switch. Not sure I'll ever be able to duplicate that shot...

Very cool!!!....the only way I ever " consistently " complete Gem is by multi ball accidents...my skill attempts are very rare, at best.

#6613 7 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I think Gem is 80% luck, anyway! I have the most luck banking it off the stand up targets. I'd really like to ask Borg if Gem was just an accident, or if he had any idea of how tough a shot this was going to be and of the many different ways of hitting that b#*%h of a shot we'd discover.

Agreed!!!..the best " skill" attempt I've had is cradling w the top left flipper, then slightly releasing, hitting the ball slightly, to put it about 1/4" off flipper, then hitting it half way down ( I've got an LE, so targets don't help me). My best game scores, however, have come from simply pounding the disc multi ball and letting luck sort the details. Must play better!!!

A brutal, but incredibly addicting game...bolted to my floor

1 week later
#6617 7 years ago
Quoted from c508:

Post 77 in this thread
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whoa-nellie-big-juicy-melons-club-all-welcome/page/2#post-3369358
Talking about how happy he is to trade a TRON Pro for WNBJM!
Looks like someone has reached "end of line."

That pinsider has obviously lost his mind.....we must avoid him!!!

#6619 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

clearly he fell off the grid

Even though our leader ( Flank) is dark, we must guard the grid!!! Quick...someone start a " tronve thread"!!! With all the new titles out there, somehow it's fallen off the " whine" radar. TRON still rules!!!...is what it is.....

#6626 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Happy Flanksgiving

Ditto to all!!!

1 week later
#6632 7 years ago

There's an HUO LE for sale for 9k currently on here....great deal for someone!!!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-tron-legacy-le-stern-2011-2024

1 week later
#6651 7 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

The gem shot is easier for me now that I try to reach it from the right flipper off the TRON stand-ups on the pro. Not sure how feasible this is on the LE, with the drops.

Sadly not the case on the LE as they are drops....I think the "ease" of the gem shot will go down as one of the most debatable discussions in Tronland. I've seen posts where players actually sold the machine due to the frustration caused by this shot.

One of the many reasons this is still one of the most coveted games in our community. You're just so sure it's a straight forward " light me up" machine, then it quickly beats the hell out of you in a variety of ways....all worth it when the " magic game" arrives, and she lets you in.....love this machine.....

#6654 7 years ago

Truth!!!

#6655 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Anyone know of a TRON LE NIB that might be hiding out somewhere?

Yikes!!!....suspect maybe somewhere, but there just aren't that many period...good luck on your quest, and hope your funded properly....

#6658 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

you can buy my HUO, original owner, was NIB, Tron LE for $32,000 USD + shipping.

You realize with you continuing to lower your price is just going to destroy the value of this ...oh the shame!!!

1 week later
#6669 7 years ago

Can anyone post the best size for titan clear slings on this machine? I may have put 2-1/2 in but constantly jumping outside the arm. Is 2" correct? That's what my gut tells me....just wondering...this is the only game that keeps " jumping" the arm...thanks

#6671 7 years ago

Just checked....did put 2-1/2 in...swapped to 2", work fine but " feel" a bit tight....do they make 2-1/4"? Anyone else have short life out of the 2"? Thanks...mark

#6679 7 years ago

Well, a rough night in Tronland...pretty cool when it exploded, though...

IMG_1409 (resized).JPGIMG_1409 (resized).JPG

IMG_1410 (resized).JPGIMG_1410 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#6688 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Here is a run through of the complete Total Lightshow Tron code, all the way up to and including SOS. Missing from the demo but in the code are, outlane colour fade effect (orange left, blue right) and extra ball orange left ramp sync with extra ball insert.
» YouTube video

Looks great!!! I'm behind, but is this using Eli's fiber kit for pros only? Or does it integrate with LE's ( doubt it) doesn't look leds from video....

#6692 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

This is all new gear unrelated to the Pinbits Eli kit. Same driver board as the Metallica kit. Pro only.

got it....will live w the LE show....

1 week later
#6701 7 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Finally in the club
Looks like I just need to put a chrome shooter rod in, slap on some clear rubber... and I'll be good to go!
The wait for delivery may literally kill me. Will check back in a few weeks when she gets here, which is about how long it should take me to read this entire thread.
Anyways, HI

Welcome to the grid!!! Your IM and MET have some serious competition in between them now...let the games begin!!!

#6705 7 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

We've moved on from lamp, next challenge was Lightning Kitty. TRON beats it, but it was a close race...

TRON takes on all comers, and whips their asses one by one.....

#6706 7 years ago

I do miss lamp, though.....

#6708 7 years ago

Actually think a slightly modded Lamp could kick lightning kitty's ass, and take on TRON again.......Labnip, visual????

#6717 7 years ago

And that is that....next!!!!!!

1 month later
#6768 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

happy b-day to Flank

Ah...if Flankster would just jump in, get lamp back in the thread title, the world would be a better place......

3 weeks later
#6806 7 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I thought Tron was overrated and nothing too special after a few casual plays, until I just stayed on it and kept feeding it quarters for about an hour at an arcade. Then I thought it was the best pin I had ever played, and bought one...

Welcome to the grid!!!...TRON is what it is...one of the best, brutal machines available, period.

#6815 7 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Made it to portal on a whim today after draining ball 1 immediately at 1,000,000 points. The only reason I kept playing is Light Cycle and CLU were ready.
Wound up completing EVERYTHING and skipped SOS and went right to Portal (awarded 50,000,000 bonus).
Wound up with my GC score but OF COURSE drained after 6,700,000

Sweet!!! That is the absolute magic of TRON....brutal, short ball times, but once in a while, she lets you in.....

2 weeks later
#6853 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Speaking of Tron, jeepers. Had one of those game where the first ball was pure magic. Finished disc, finished Gem, Finished Zeus. I had LC, Quorra, and CLU ready to start. I'm thinking this is it, my return to Portal because I'm on fire! Well we all know where this story is going. I swear this game was put on this earth just to torment me.

''Tis the story of most of us.....mine doesn't leave"...a freakin' timeless, ass kicking machine!!

1 week later
#6887 6 years ago
Quoted from Grg:

Might be hard to fine one that's not modded. I have no idea on pricing, just what pinside lists.
Pinside pricing average:
Lotr $4990-$5810
Tron (pro) $5,830-$6,770
In New Zealand I've only seen one Tron come up for sale so I bought it! I've seen many LOTR over the years for sale in the NZ market.

Agreed......I would suspect TRON is on an equal pricing plane w LOTR if it were unmodded, but doubt they will be easy to find. Modded pros will always command more....

3 weeks later
#6921 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

So sad. LE#75 left the house today. I'll be ok. I still have my Pro. But I'd like to be alone for a little while.

How do I unsee this???

#6933 6 years ago

I only use Titian on the flippers. Yes, I have better control, they clean up nicely and look great. For me using rubber is like playing tennis with a wooden racket.

Ditto...on all my pins...enough bounce yet controllable for me ( I'm an average player, at best). Always hated the rubber wearing out and leaving it's remnants on the playfield. Titans seem to last quite well, and mine don't seem to " shed" any material w age. The slings will break on occasion, but that's about it.

#6935 6 years ago

Titan just posted that 2-1/4 rings are the next addition to the product line. That will take care of the sling issue.

Finally!!! TRON just had to be finicky like that...guess knowing you're one of the baddest pins in the land comes with privilege..

1 week later
#6946 6 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

do it. chrome is an amazing light show. you won't regret it. It actually adds/unleashes an entirely new light show to your game. Stern was holding it back. Hooked set it free to further dazzle the entire experience.

Just stumbled back into my old friend TRON thread, amidst the fires in others. YES, hooked chrome caps look factory, and rock on the machine.....you must do this...!!!

#6965 6 years ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

I love Tron. Unfortunately I do not own one. One day that will change.

Yes , continue your quesr...the grid awaits.....

Added over 7 years ago: That would be "quest"....good grief....

1 month later
#7038 6 years ago

Used to be www.pinballcenter.en Not on their site now...ut oh....I only have one new one left!!!....

1 week later
#7053 6 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

I love Titan translucents.

Agreed....anxiously waiting on the 2 1/4" to be available soon....Tron definitely one of the games that will benefit

#7068 6 years ago

The magic incline for mine turned out to be 6.7 degrees. Plays fantastic that way. It is truly my favorite machine and over this past weekend I set a new GC score. I feel like a God.

I'm just a touch under 7 degrees myself....congrats on your new high score, but please don't post it.....seeing these always make me realize how this machine has truly dominated me for years....took me forever to break 100 million!!!

#7074 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

The scoop
Just curious what people have put on their arcade scoop to protect from wear etc

I've had a Cliffy on my LE for years...preventative maintenance...

#7075 6 years ago

I started with Cliffy but the ball keep getting stuck.

No probs here

#7078 6 years ago

No problem since installing the Mantis.

Pic? I use Mantis on my TAF and TZ...curious of the difference...

#7079 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

On my last TRON I had a mantis and filled the gap between the mantis and the playfield edge with super hard clear nail polish worked perfectly.

My Cliffy is super flush....you have me wondering now....

#7085 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Can anyone confirm the rubbers used on the slings in the photo/post above are Titans? would like to replicate the look on my game.

They look like it....but not my game....maybe others sell translucent, but I'm not aware.....

Note- as mentioned earlier...this machine will REALLY benefit with the new size (2 1/4") that Titan should have soon. 2's break too often on viscous games like this, 2 1/2 gets into problems by being too loose on occasion ( actuator gets on the wrong side of it. I've been on both sides of this fence......

#7087 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Yeah I wasn't aware of anyone else doing translucent rubbers other than titan, but in this hobby its easy to miss whos making what these days with so many options out there. So guess these are titans then, looks GREAT on that game.

Completely agree...a must have in Tron Land!!

#7089 6 years ago

He you go:

There is a bevel on the opening. The protector lines up at the bottom on it.

Ahh...very nice...

2 weeks later
#7107 6 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

My cleaning lady broke my tron girl translate now it is damaged beyond repair. Does anybody have a new one for a reasonable price?

My cleaning ladies are forbidden from even entering the game room area....windex and bleach based cleaners? No way....main levels only for them.....

#7113 6 years ago

I miss Lamp...

#7116 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Lamp + Tron = Gem's Umbrella

This thinking I like...ALOT...

#7119 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I don't often like the idea of movie spin off's but I would have sat an watched a Gem spin off

Ditto...

#7126 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I'd watch Gem spin on anything...

Solid logic there....I'm with you....

#7129 6 years ago

Get some nice long forceps and clamp to a rag. You can use it to push and pull the rag around.

I've got a couple of small, wooden dowels that help me do the same thing....I like your approach though, as it grabs the rag...have to pickup a couple pair of those...

1 week later
#7155 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I have been asking the same thing myself but with no joy or response.
There are quite a few different Recognizer mods so I'd love to hear some opinions on who's is the best and why.

I've got the one that lights and interacts w gameplay on my LE....just can't remember where I got it ( been some time ago). Easily the best one I've seen, and would work in the fixed position, as well ( for non LE's)...I save a lot of paperwork on my mods....I'll attempt to dig it up.....

There are several, unique mods for Tron that really make the game look complete ( note here)....all mods are NOT the same, even if they claim to be.

#7156 6 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

I simply added a single red LED, tied into the GI. Looks very effective, and it's a Pro so no mucking about with it moving.

Think mine fires orange down, and works w the recognizer mode engaged...

#7163 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Kim's from KimballsPinballs?

That's it!!!

Killer recognizer mod ( I went w blue firing down, w orange lights)

His backbox kit for this machine is insane, as well, if you have the 3D translite...a must have!!!

1 month later
#7329 6 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

What did happen to Centerflank?

Labnip scarce, as well....miss them both on this thread....

#7332 6 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

Well that sucks! I wondered why he'd gone inactive. He's a guy fairly local to me I'd enjoyed chatting with on here.
Come back, CF, you're our only hope. (Yeah, yeah...SW reference in a Tron thread. My bad.)

Tron lives on, strong as ever....Corey fine, just burnt out on the bs side of Pinside.....just wish he would come back long enough to change the thread title back to “Lamp” as opposed to “ Lightning Kitty”....

#7336 6 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

Burnt out from Pinside BS?!? Aren't we all? I about hit my limit the other night but talked myself into believing the good outweighs the bad.
Maybe if we all send him a lamp in tribute, he'll come back.

Agreed!!!

#7337 6 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Don't mess with that bad-assed kitty!

Too funny!!!

#7339 6 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

The word on the street is that CF's too busy for Pinside due to his consultant gig with Stern in developing TRON VE.

He had stated he bought all the TronVE’s shortly before his departure from Pinside. You could be onto something!!!.....funny stuff......

#7342 6 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

got my Tron saturday. sea of simulation tonight .
more importantly, all 4 of my red disc flashers are out. anyone see that before?

Congrats!!!....should be (2x) Red and (2x) Blue under the disc....

#7345 6 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

It’s 4 red on the Pro, and no not seen that before.

Ahh...my bad....never seen all 4 out under the disc either....

#7349 6 years ago

Weird problem on my LE just appeared...Orbit post normally goes up, then back down when you hold the left flipper down at ball launch....

Now , post goes up, but goes down by itself after about 5 seconds. If I hold left flipper button down, post stays down. If I don’t, it comes back up after the ball hits the first switch upon launch.

Did a brief look around last night, flipper switch seems fine.....any ideas? Guess edge test next to see what is letting go? Very strange.....thx for the help, if you’ve seen this before....mark

#7351 6 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

speaking of that post, what is the reason it pops up sometimes when i shoot through the pops to the rear orbit? i figure/hope that's part of gameplay

Yep...that’s normal.....not sure what’s going on w mine....will take a deeper dive this weekend.....

#7354 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

"Tron" pops, ie; super pops are lit. Extra scoring for the pops so it helps you out by keeping the ball in there longer.

Beat me to it.....now to find the ghost in my machine.....

#7358 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

It's pretty obvious you have a problem with your grid. I think you need to get in.

Yes...she’s been getting jealous, I suspect....a subtle reminder who is the ruler of the gameroom...

#7359 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I had chrome on my LE, black on my pro. Looks consistent with the armour.

And your LE still haunts you........a simple fix would be to release the fiber on IMVE....just my thoughts, however...

3 weeks later
#7380 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Would someone with an LE mind posting a picture of where the playfield support rails are mounted on top and bottom of the pf? I want to add these to a Pro and want a reference. I am also curious how the stock LE fiber optic ramp lighting is connected and how it compares to Pinbits or TimeBandits' kit?

Im due to pop the top on mine this weekend , as I have to pursue a minor issue w post coming up. Will snap some pics of the rails, along with LE fiber connections underneath...

1 week later
#7398 6 years ago

Did you get a chance to take some pics?

Sorry,Ive been a slacker......see attached

20171122_150042 (resized).jpg20171122_150042 (resized).jpg

20171122_150053 (resized).jpg20171122_150053 (resized).jpg

20171122_150037 (resized).jpg20171122_150037 (resized).jpg

20171122_150018 (resized).jpg20171122_150018 (resized).jpg

20171122_150024 (resized).jpg20171122_150024 (resized).jpg

2 months later
#7451 6 years ago

Just saw a beautiful LE sell on here for 10k in 2 days.....sometimes, I just forget how amazing this machine is....very grateful to have one...nothing quite like TRONLE.....

#7453 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Tron is widly considered a better game than Hobbit and not just in this thread.

Agree with this statement. Few (yes there are a few) debate the power of the grid!!!!

2 weeks later
#7499 6 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Yup, this is what I did (twice) which led to the question. I figured completing Portal would be impossible, hence the high scoring question.

An exercise in futility, for sure.....I always manage to come up with new profanity every time I make it that far..(not often, btw)....

1 week later
#7507 6 years ago

I didn't know Marco sold the clear disc, always thought it was only available from Germany for $$$. Has anybody used this as a replacement for the dirty stock black disc rubber?
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/511-6925-00-D

I've never seen/ used that disc before....textured? Interesting......have my stash of the clear German ones...lightning in a bottle...

#7509 6 years ago

That's the one you want. There were some crazy shipping limitations (costly) last time, and a group order was placed to offset.

Probably best to e-mail him and check the price to get it shipped here. There's always fellow pinsiders to jump in on these if this is the case. I'll take an extra one or 2 if it helps offset if shipping is stupid. Shoot me a pm after you get ahold of them....mark

1 week later
#7522 6 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Just picked up this Tron in a trade and the wife and I are enjoying it. It’s actually her new favorite pin!

Welcome to the grid!!!! And....yes, TRON kills....my LE stays until I sell them all.....

#7525 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Coz you're killing it!!! Nice addition!
I recently joined the club too. Game is so good. Redoing some of the music and will upload too. I just chromed her out!!!
Never did that before but the the game looked so cool with it. Just need to add the topper...

TRON begs for chrome....hard to keep clean, but looks great!!

#7526 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Loving the chrome, delt! I'm going that way too. I have an LE cleared playfield that I'm putting in, along with the drop target bank. Think I'll document the whole process as "the road to Tron Premium".

But will it fill the void (tear forming)....I can still remember your post to this day, and my reply.."Noooooooo!!" good times pinbud.

Now about that fiber kit for IM.....

#7530 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I’d love to see one in black chrome always thought that would look awesome, especially with some EL/LED lit rails like on Star Trek LE.

I've got the EL lit versions on mine...look amazing...black chrome has always appealed to me....thinking that would rock on my AlienLE ( if I ever actually get one....

Back to the grid!!!

#7547 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

It can be done. It's not too tough. Some have an issue with the Gem shot but both Trons I had were solid.
It's one of the coolest shots in pinball. And sometimes you need to nudge as you hit it or risk a center drain. Then, it's a bitch.

Agreed.....there will be nights when it's unobtanium, then others when I can get in a groove and hit several....nothing like GEM!!!!

#7550 6 years ago

Legit, but I like cheese, as well....(I'm not very good at it, however....)

#7554 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Mark any idea what metal Stern make their lollipop side rails from??
TRON needs a set as good as STLE (which do you have? The ones that says TRON LEGACY?!) but I want them to be as factory as possible down to the correct metal, powder coat etc.

Hi Jon...I'll take a closer look this weekend and let you know. Yes, mine say "TRON LEGACY" with Blue EL backlit on rails and hinges. Gio did these for me years ago. The chrome apron didn't come w the LE, and a bit much for me...I like the black metal there as the flashers blast through the lenses, making great contrast.

Chrome on everything else...LE has the single coin slot on the door as well, btw...the little things...

#7556 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Thanks Mark, yeah the chrome apron is too much bling for me, I am considering a black chrome apron to match the black chrome armour I am considering. Those windows need to be a little more showy as much as I love the blue plastic windows something a little more theme oriantated would be awesome I just haven’t thought up the right idea yet.
As for the rails, I am thinking light cycles without a doubt possibly with a chasing light trial - think the STLE rails (sure I saw your mention you just brought a STLE?) with the red chasing LED phasers running the length of the rails/cabinet, think light cycles either side with chasing light wall would be insane!
I totally get that, I’m all about the little details my OCD wouldn’t have it any other way luckily the single coin slot was a nice touch as we get a single coin slots on UK games, to my knowledge all TRONLEs that came to the UK where all be grey imports, so at the time of getting my original I had a single coin slot coin door ready for it only to discover it was perfect out the box.

SWEET!!! I think black chrome would rock (maybe do the backbox trim as well!!!).

Just put a first couple games on my STLE....got it today!!!...that side rail light/art is sick!!!

The light cycle idea would absolutely be stunning, if you could pull it off.....I really liked the "TRON LEGACY" theme carried through in text, though it might be viewed as repetitive to some. The glow just sets the game apart...then when you step into the grid....killer.

definitely show pics as you do this....a great hobby, we have!!!!...

#7561 6 years ago
Quoted from TG:

Here’s my LE done in black chrome to give you some idea what it looks like.

Whoa...very nice!!!!

#7563 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

new avatar!!!??

Yea....it's been years, but really tired of the story behind my previous one (for another thread, obviously).....love my TronLE, however, and this was one of the best threads on the site for awhile....

decided to go with my first vehicle purchased...'68 dodge charger....keeps me from getting pissed off when I look at myself...

#7565 6 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Is that a euro coindoor? I've never seen one with one coin slot except the euro ones.

Pretty sure thats how all the LE's came. Mine has a single slot, as well

#7568 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Anyone here know what’s metal Stern use for their side rails, guessing it’s the same all round for legs, lockbar etc, curious if STLE was different as Stern haven’t done any rails like that since.
Also anyone know a good graphics animator? Doesn’t need to be massively technical just need to be able to animate a couple of still images I have.

Best I can tell, the armor is standard gauge. Standard chrome, as well ( a real Chestnut type thickness, RIP, not like some of the stuff ive seen on here lately....

2 weeks later
#7588 6 years ago
Quoted from Mokthemagicman:

Totally legit because it is very hard to do and you usually miss out on getting your skill shot.

Correct, but only attainable on certain, lucky sessions of play for me....

#7589 6 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I think I have done the most legit (well OK, lucky) Gem shot twice now...auto launch during multiball--at the same time send a ball around the left orbit which hits the auto launch ball at the exit to Gem and bumps one of the balls back thru Gem! I might actually start aiming for this one...

I like this approach, as well...if I can get a bit of air on the upper left flipper, it can be a pretty predictable shot....most of my GEM's occur during MB, sadly...

1 week later
#7607 6 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

Just wanted to say that ....

Put some time on her tonight....this game is still amazing!!!!

1 month later
#7676 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I put power splitting boards in all my games Incase I do multiple mod thing
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4234

Is this the same as Mike's (DK Pinball)? Think he folded shop, and good to see this available again. don't forget to add extra aux power supply to run the toys...especially any long LED strip lights (major power draw).

#7677 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

hey guys - I bought this replacement for the spinner disc from pinball life and was expecting it to be stern's stock material (the one that came with the game). It's def not - it's like black rubber which prob won't cause that black mess like the original AND it's pretty strong. FYI
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2540
It doesn't look like the pic - it's black but shiny rubber. I wonder if it's just like the imported one?

Hard to beat the imported clear version...hope the shipping thing gets cleared up eventually. Call Terry and ask him about the disc. He'll surely know if it differs from original.

Quoted from Chosen_S:

I recommend getting the clear plastic disc that goes with the rubber, it really sucks removing the old glue

+100 on this...keeps the disc spinning proper, and a nice clean surface to adhere to.....

#7681 5 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

i prefer the black, for what that's worth. i don't need all the crazy action from the clear, and i like that it's opaque. looks better with the flashers, imo.

Choice is good....original black left crazy marks all over the playfield..hopefully, the new pbl version is awesome...

#7684 5 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

i see a little tar on the playfield, but you can clean it up, right?

Yep...but a never ending task......

Quoted from 85vett:

Looks like I may be picking up a Tron after all
Going to pick up a spare disc and would really like a clear and/or blue one. Before ordering through pinballcenter I wanted to check here first to see if anyone had some of these stashed away they would be willing to sell.
I've never seen the blue one. Sounds like it creates more action than the black but less than the clear. Friend had the clear and it was crazy active so blue sounds like it may be the best option but curious to hear everyone elses opinion.

The clear calms after awhile, still the best option, just crazy expensive to get anymore...I have 3 stashed which hopefully lasts quite some time....

#7688 5 years ago
Quoted from brett:

Definitely colored DMD. I have the illuminated chrome armor, , both look great.
This is one pin you can mod like crazy, in my opinion, must haves are upgraded speakers with woofer, colored DMD, Invisiglass and the arcade 3.1 mod. You can literally spend thousands of dollars if you want to go crazy.

Completely agree..color DMD, PDI, newest arcade mod, and clear disc are musts, imho.....EL lit rails and hinges are hard to come by anymore (Gio used to provide)....LE...welcome to the grid!!!!

#7697 5 years ago

There is very little debate regarding the benefit of the clear discs, if you've read the thread..(way back when). The light blazes through, much quicker and random ball movement....crazy to debate about this now. Only problem is they are next to impossible to get anymore....there was a group buy awhile back, but think Op got stuck with many cancellations...finally moved them all....

Yes, Gio and Steve were Pinball refinery, but Gio has been out for a bit, and Steve sells under Melissa @ CT (all great people, btw).

The EL rails/ hinges are not being sold anymore, to my knowledge, but recall they were actually made by an individual (help w name please).

There's a thread on here somewhere for the newest arcade mod...limited runs...I'd jump on one of those....

#7698 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

If anyone has a clear disc, I could use one
Or if anyone is buying from pinball.center, I’d like one from your order please

Best route.....

I'd be willing to pickup a couple more, if someone wants to put another order together (never getting rid of mine until they all go)....

#7702 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I sent pinballcenter a message asking about shipping. Their site says they don't ship to the USA which seems odd as I've bought from them before. It also added $440 to the order at the same time. Will see what they say. I'll order a couple spares if they can help me with shipping, if not, I guess I'm stuck with the black from pinball life. Was really hoping to get a set of the clear as my friend had it on his game back when he still had it and the action from that disc was super fun. I once had a ball come out of the disc, go through the middle of the flippers and spin all the way back up for a Quora shot!

Therein lies the problem....you need to find someone over there to buy them, then ship to US...PC added crazy overseas pricing for some unknown reason. Think J85M was the last to facilitate an order for these...possibly someone else over the pond could help.....

#7706 5 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

What are you looking for?

here's the link:

http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts/pinball-rubber/miscellaneous/4365/disc-rubber-set-for-tron-legacy-transparent

they are in Germany......can you help? I'll buy 2 more, if it helps

#7709 5 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

You mean it is just for removing the factory black rubbers with this set?
What is the aim?
Yes I guess I can help. Note here shipping cost for international letter and overseas: https://tarifs-postaux.fr/international.htm

Yes, the clear rubber plays exponentially better ( fast and extremely random releases), along w zero black skid marks to deal with.

This has always been the "must have" mod for TRON....disc has a whole new meaning......

#7726 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Ok I have 5 minutes so I thought I’d put a short list together for those interested in clear discs for TRON.
mk6pin
delt31
brett
twinmice
andrewket
85vett
meegis
chosen_s
If I have missed anyone or put someone on the list by mistake, please post below instead of sending me a pm, I suck at checking those at the moment, with the current family issues on going, if you post here I will see it and I will reply ASAP!

Glad you're doing this again!!! put me down for 3, instead of 2....thanks...mark

#7727 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Same as well. I would do 2 as I just want enough to get me by until Titan figures out the process/material then I'd rather buy from them (since they want to do business with me).

I buy ALL of my rings, rubber, etc. through Titan...great company!!!...the disc is a unique compound and adhesive (still have to augment w the spray), and just not sure if/ when they could do this and would it be fiscally viable for them. Would be great if they did.

#7741 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Speaking of Titan, have they released the translucent sling rubbers yet? I can’t access their site from work to look.

Hope the 2-1/4 clears are in stock.....made for the grid!!!!...

#7790 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Tron LE loaded and on its way to it's new home

Life on the Grid........

#7796 5 years ago

Good to go w me Jon!!!!...lmk when you get a $$$, and I'll shoot you the money. Peace of mind, having spare clears.....

#7826 5 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Man, so glad you’re doing the clear disc order... mine just ate it after 20 plays. I used a new plastic to attach it to and thought it would work well with the stock adhesive... NOPE!
Could anybody that’s had success with the 3M spray adhesive please link me to it so I can pick some up?
Ug, bummer I gotta switch back to the black I got really addicted to the speed of the clear haha.

Check the early threads on this.....this is what you want:

tron disc adhesive (resized).jpgtron disc adhesive (resized).jpg

#7844 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

OK, I know I may get crap for this, but the only thing I don't like about the LE was the cream colored light tubes for the ramps. So, I bought some clear side glow to swap them out with. Will keep the cream colored ones in case I ever sell (over my dead body) or if I wind up not liking it.
I'll post some before and after pics but my assumption is it will basically mirror the aesthetics of the Eli kit.
The wire I purchased is slightly larger (about 1mm) but still fits in the light housings. With a quick light test it appears to transfer the light cleaner and potentially a bit brighter as well. Time will tell. Experiment takes place this weekend.
I'll also take the time to black out the tube under the PF so I get rid of the light fade into some inserts that is currently occurring.

No crap given, but the diffused tubes absolutely make the fiber glow perfectly for me....seen the clear, but never in person....bet it looks great, too!!!!

#7900 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Also - does anyone know if the LED OCD board works with the Tron LE insert LEDs (i.e. the ones hardwired to the boards, fitted from the factory) ?
EDIT: Found out the answer - no, it doesn't. That's a bit gutting

The good news...on the LE, you don't really need it (imho)...Herg's boards are a must on alot of my machines...this isn't one of them....

2 weeks later
#7945 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-of-pinball-vote-now
My precious Tron is losing SKB’s poll in there. Get on the grid and get a vote in for the best damn game ever made.

Nah...groups are rigged.....Tron easily the best in that group, but the few that enjoy DI are hard core, probably started a petition to get more votes.....DI,MET, and IMDN should have been in the same group....would have weeded it out quick......

The grid is the grid......

1 week later
#8011 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

To everyone waiting on disc orders to ship, can you please bare with me.
Without going into too much detail, my girlfriends son was admitted into hospital last week, he came out over the weekend but as of the early hours of this morning has been taken into intensive care.
I have everyone’s remaining orders packaged and ready to go and I did plan to get those all out today but spent most of today traveling backwards and forwards from her place to the hospital getting her and the little man things.
Really sorry guys for the delays, it is stressing me out not getting these out sooner but if you guys can just bare with me that would take a weight off my mind, I will do my best to get these out before the weekend.

No worries!!!...family first....just grateful you would do this for us.....no rush at all on my end....mark

2 weeks later
#8112 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Disc update!
Batches 3, 4 and 5 where all processed by outbound depot this morning!
All orders for discs and other Tron related parts have now either been shipped (batches 1 and 2) or are now on their way.
Thank you for everyone’s patience while we delt with some important family issues.

Great news!!! thanks...mark

1 week later
#8154 5 years ago

Today for me...the grid thanks you!!!! ...mark

#8162 5 years ago

OK, I give....why the f**k does my orbit up-post not automatically go up before ball launch? If I hold the right flipper, it does go down, but if I don't it pops up...weird....

#8166 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

it's supposed to pop up after you launch the ball. It doesn't go up when the ball is sitting in the shooter lane as that would keep the coil energized for no reason. Should be holding the left flipper that makes it drop when you plunge but I've also never tried the right flipper. Sounds like yours is working as designed.

I think I've lost my mind...had the machine for years...always seem to remember the post going up when ball entered shooting lane from trough, then staying up until I held the left flipper button, immediately dropping post for first plunge...can someone verify?

#8167 5 years ago

Think I'll do a switch test tonight, as I may have just answered my own question...

#8169 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Unless my games is broken as well as the one I play in league, it doesn't work that way. Post always goes up right when the ball leaves the shooter lane. To be specific, when the ball comes off switch 23 is when mine raises, unless I hold the left flipper.

Thanks for confirming...my memory obviously has left the building on occasion..

#8179 5 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Not me. Those are two of my all time favories.

Ditto!!!

#8213 5 years ago

Just dropped in to once again pledge my undying love for Tron. Hard to believe I have owned it for nearly 6 years because I am still on the honeymoon. Starting to think Stern built this pin just for me and they did!

Once in the grid...
Was playing mine last night....still a thrillride!!!

1 month later
#8363 5 years ago

Man....Lots of games out there...But spent quality time on the grid tonight....The machine is still amazing!!! Love Tron!!!

2 weeks later
#8417 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

mk6pin have Titan finally released the translucent slingshot rubbers I recall you mentioning a while back?

Sorry...just saw this...(off the grid lately)......yes, the 2 1/4" translucent have been out for awhile now....a perfect fit for slings on this game....

Actually had a sleepless last night......went down to the gameroom, totally dark, fired up only TronLE, and played for an hour.....man..sometimes you forget how great this game is if you don't play it for awhile......nothing quite like it...

1 month later
#8583 5 years ago
Quoted from dkazz1:

Came across this game for sale and had to buy it, seemed like a nice guy to deal with. Glad to be part of the Tron community.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow!!! congrats for you, but sad to see Flank finally let it go......we had great times on the grid.....he'll be missed here. Armwrestling champ of pinside, as I recall....

#8584 5 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Only 10 years late, but got this installed tonight. Absolute must have.....[quoted image]

Completely agree.....ahh, life on the grid thread.... a nice break from some of the insanity in some of the others.

2 weeks later
#8662 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Are these better than titans?

For mine, the 2 1/4" Titans are the best fit for these slings..There was a long wait to finally get them ( buried back in the thread somewhere), but we'll worth it, IMHO...

#8681 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

What size rings/rubbers does the manual state, we have two different sizes here so I’m curious, I may end up buying both sizes and seeing what plays best.

Just saw this post...sorry.....manual says 2"....2 1/4" last way longer and play great...many asked and titan finally got them made. Very happy w them

3 weeks later
#8786 5 years ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

My sister got it for me for Christmas. Ill have to ask where she got it. The blanket was a gift from a very good friend who is native American Lakota Sioux. Her husband was a very close friend, and my PLT SGT in Iraq in 05. He was KIA and she presented it to me at his memorial. I like the way the color of the neon goes with it.

Sign looks great!!! please share if you find out where she got it....

The blanket does look amazing behind it, but the story is even more compelling....I would only be a bit cautious as if that's true neon, they have been known to arc upon failing at times, and an obvious keepsake behind it.....

Very, very nice...thanks for posting!!!!!

3 months later
#8938 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Sigh. After more than 7 years, my tasty Tron is under agreement to leave my house. It's a strange feeling. Tron was my first NIB game. And I swore it would never be sold. I need space, but I didn't HAVE to sell it. But after this many years, and this many games played on it, it was time. I'll be sad when it goes out the door. All the swearing and anger at failing to finish Light Cycle multiball. The joy at the code change that let me restart disc multiball so I could finally finish it. All the games I only needed to start Gem for SOS... and couldn't. The uncountable times I couldn't hit the right orbit to finish CLU and then the timer ran out as I switched to the lanes. The amazing difference when I added Eli's ramp lights. The hours perfecting my LED scheme. It's been 7 years of joy to own it. Fortunately the person buying it is a friend of mine, so I will be able to visit it.
As I leave this club, I'd like to thank you all for the fun and joys of sharing a great game.

Wait, what!!!! well, I wish you the best off the grid....actually played mine tonight after ignoring it for a while with other "bright shineys" that I've acquired since....the game still blows me away, and I was cursing it all night. Dred the day that I might make a decision like you did...for now, it's place is still very solid in my lineup....best...mark

#8953 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

My games haven't suffered any ill effects of the "supersonic balls" Getting rid of the black marks is a huge benefit. Don't resist! You will love it.

This^^^^ while the disc is frisky when new, it calms down w play. I've yet to break anything on mine after years of play, and have changed the disc several times when it wears down a bit....(for fun factor)

1 week later
#9012 4 years ago
Quoted from hwol:

Unfortunately in my case oiling helped only for a short period and other pinball friends had more or less the same experience. The only valid solution in their opinion is to substitute the motor with a higher quality one.

My experience as well. Typical, industrial motors will have an oil port which wicks the shaft. Tron motors will only dissipate the oil, as it's more of a bearing tolerance issue.

I actually decreased my noise significantly by replacing the clear plastic disc assembly, and being very careful in applying the new rubber adhesive. That thing has to spin as true/balanced as possible. Really made a difference, and highly recommend. Mine's been very quiet for a long time now. If that disc is not balanced...any motor is going to whine....

2 months later
#9169 4 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Be prepared...when you first hit that clear silicone disc it's like you dropped a pinball into a blender...the action is jaw dropping...and fun.

I have to laugh when people comment about " unbelievable ball action" when the magnet(s) sling the ball a bit in a new ( unnamed) game. " Never seen anything like it".

They obviously haven't experienced the grid...

#9170 4 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Lightning Kitty is just bad-assed! And you are right, you are probably better off not asking...

Good times when Flank was engaged in the thread...I always preferred the original "I love it more than lamp" title....He changed it to " lightning kitty" not too long prior to his departure.

I know he's out of the hobby now, but miss his posts...Was a great pinsider...

#9174 4 years ago

The game holds it's own w anything currently out...Period...

#9180 4 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Why did centerflank leave the hobby, he was heavily into Tron few years ago.

LOL..He WAS Tron several years ago. Great pindude.....really don't know the exact reasons, but I always had great on and offline chats w him.

Will believe he just moved on....it is just pinball at the end of the day....

#9183 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Cf is a good guy, he and pinside did not agree, he and friends hang out on Facebook last I checked, he is still Tron and still loves it more than lightening kitty

Sadly, his Tron left awhile back, and Apron of Destiny lives who knows where. Think he was selling his final machine, MET awhile back. I'll have to reach out, but not a FB fan.

He and Brett are missed around here....

#9184 4 years ago

No one truly leaves the grid, btw....

6 months later
#9370 4 years ago

Flank!!!!! here and gone when I wasn't watching the thread.....MISS LAMP!!!!

1 week later
#9394 4 years ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

Just got in yesterday. She's better than new[quoted image]

Ahhh...the grid...congrats!!!

4 months later
#9567 3 years ago

Haven't visited this thread in awhile, but a big Thank You to whoever got the title back to lamp...

Still loving my LE, and it destroys me everytime I venture to the grid....great, great game!!

4 weeks later
#9639 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

A dusty find....
[quoted image][quoted image]

How cool is that!!!! Awesome....

#9641 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Just sold my LE to clear my legal costs getting my kids off my ex, successfully I might add. So it was time to celebrate and what better way than an LE NIB

Bravo!!! Congrats on all fronts!!

3 months later
#9776 3 years ago

Finally getting out of the Alien thread long enough to check some of my other favorites. Good to see you pinbud (2 weeks after you post, lol)....

Played my LE tonight....love this game!!!!

1 year later
#10587 2 years ago

Merry Christmas to all on the grid!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
479 posts in this topic match your search for posts by mk6pin. You are on page 2 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mk6pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/2?tu=mk6pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.