(Topic ID: 54093)

Official TRON lovefest thread, I love it more than Lightning Kitty.

By centerflank

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9,273 posts
  • 469 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by insx
  • Topic is favorited by 142 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is TRON super awesome or are you a hater?”

• TRON is unreal, centerflank is supersmart. 396 votes
    71%
  • TRON blows, voters for this option have a small dingy :( 102 votes
    18%
  • Never played TRON, but if Centerflank likes it, it must be fun!!!! 59 votes
    11%

(557 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,255 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

C3274E82-5928-4425-80FC-82E5869342BA (resized).png
IMG_2493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2438 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5562 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5564 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5557 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5554 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5548 (resized).jpeg
A60145C3-9132-4708-AE36-D7570E45B8CA (resized).jpeg
20190801_215929 (resized).jpg
IMG_2437 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2436 (resized).jpeg
TRON Wall.jpg

There are 9273 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 186.
#1401 5 years ago

again

i have now set the angle of the socket to follow the scoop, its blinking more with the reflections on the metal
and/or i could also place it just on the wood level, right on the hole behind the scoop, easy trick

#1402 5 years ago
Quoted from IBARAKURO:

I joined the club
12 hours roadtrip
TRON LE # 121
a very beautiful copy
above:
- Backglass light LED mod
- 2 light cycles
- Led recognizer
- mirrorblad
I must order:
- Tron cab mod
- Flynn's sign
- Fluorescent plastic
- Blue DMD
- The image of the backglass (there is a damaged spot)
and what else?

enfoiré !!! lol
and welcome to the club

#1403 5 years ago

Just finished elis kit, speaker inserts, plastics dress kit, , anti rattle tape, , under cab lighting mod.. wholly crap, this after about 10 previous mods, I think Im officially out of mods, ............ well, the blue dmd is next I suppose ... Im with you there on the lamp...

#1404 5 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

What the hell does Lamp mean ?

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFf you guys LOL

#1405 5 years ago

This post started many months ago and got me looking closer at the Tron. A couple of months ago I picked up LE, No.101. Outstanding ramp lighting with the under cab blue lighting and the blue DMD are a visual pleasure guaranteed to give me a smile after along day at the grind. Tron is a keeper.

#1407 5 years ago

Big thanks to QuarterGrabber for the free Zen plastic!

CFLANK luvs TRON 4eva!!!!

It looks better than I thought it would, almost looks self illuminated from the 2 white GI's feeding it.

DSC09767.JPG

DSC09769.JPG

#1408 5 years ago
Quoted from retired_user_101:

this may be yours
from #100 of #400

tron pinball 101-cert.jpg 56 KB

You must have been an Owner of this sweet machine at one time. I am not sure where she has been, but I know she is in Studio G now and she isn't leaving anytime in the foreseeable future. Thanks for taking care of her and breaking her in easy. Wax on, wax off.....

TRONLE.jpg
#1410 5 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Big thanks to QuarterGrabber for the free Zen plastic!
CFLANK luvs TRON 4eva!!!!
It looks better than I thought it would, almost looks self illuminated from the 2 white GI's feeding it.

DSC09767.JPG 288 KB

DSC09769.JPG 309 KB

Looks good man! Now that spot will look naked without it
What did you end up doing with the apron sticker? Cash box behind the coin door?

#1411 5 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

What did you end up doing with the apron sticker?

Stuck it on my fridge, anyone want to send pin stickers to add to it, Lets do it!!!!!

DSC09771.JPG

#1413 5 years ago

Yes sir, UW-Whitewater chapter

#1414 5 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Stuck it on my fridge, anyone want to send pin stickers to add to it, Lets do it!!!!!

DSC09771.JPG 126 KB

Nice, I can see that filling up real fast. We should make it a Tron lovefest project to fill your fridge with pin stickers. I may have a few more but that would require me to open my goodie bags stapled on the inside of my machines, and I hate doing that

#1416 5 years ago

I was also a member of the Pi Omicron Tau chapter in college

#1418 5 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Nice, I can see that filling up real fast. We should make it a Tron lovefest project to fill your fridge with pin stickers. I may have a few more but that would require me to open my goodie bags stapled on the inside of my machines, and I hate doing that

Ha, I rip those out and open them up right away, I paid all that cash Im going to enjoy all the rewards!

The routed spidey I just got a few months ago still had the goodie bag with everything in it as far as I know, wasnt stapled in the cabinet but present. A nice little bonus!

#1419 5 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Ha, I rip those out and open them up right away, I paid all that cash Im going to enjoy all the rewards!
The routed spidey I just got a few months ago still had the goodie bag with everything in it as far as I know, wasnt stapled in the cabinet but present. A nice little bonus!

Yes that is always a nice little surprise to find. My BDK still had it stapled to the side untouched, so I left it that way. I suppose if I ever need the plastics inside I will open it. But I get plastic protectors from pinbits for every machine so I don't think I will need the plastics inside the bags ever.

#1420 5 years ago
Quoted from retired_user_101:

ps. my ol lady only lets me use the side of fridge :/
you clearly have better negotiation skills.

This is the extra fridge in my pin cave, I dominate this area

Just added some more, Ill have to go through all my coin boxes!

DSC09773.JPG

#1422 5 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I was also a member of the Pi Omicron Tau chapter in college

Woahh... Small world, I was a member of the Alphabeta chapter

#1423 5 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

Woahh... Small world, I was a member of the Alphabeta chapter

I'll never forget that year you guys tormented the Tri-lambs.

Lambda-Lambda-Lambda.jpg

#1424 5 years ago

Got my light cycles all wired up last night, just have to get them mounted on the plastics, install them and tidy up the wires.

Also hooked up the cool splitter from DK Custom Pinball, looks great.

Also can't forget that big 10 inch subwoofer from FF, that sucker rocks!

IMG_2789.JPG
IMG_2790.JPG

IMG_2788.JPG
#1425 5 years ago

Do you really love Tron more than Lamp? Have you rated it yet? I just did!

http://pinside.com/pinball/archive/tron/ratings

Here is where it stands at this point in time:

This machine got 448 approved ratings and currently scores 8.280 out of 10 points.
This ranks this machine #19 in the Pinside Ranking.

#1428 5 years ago

Lookin good!

#1429 5 years ago

yes, i agree, really nice, fit perfect on the pin

#1430 5 years ago

now, as we admit that we need 2 colors, blue vs yellow (to respect the movie), why not white for the 3rd bumper in the back, near the ZUSE spinner...

!?

#1431 5 years ago

Tron back in the gameroom and loving it...Im really trying to learn the rules and now understand why this game is so awesome. Love the lights and sounds. Question is on Find Flynn according to pin news review a red arrow moves accross pf from left to right. I never seem to see a red arrow and sometimes I get flynn lit solid and dont know what I did. Was there an update or did I not get the memo or what to do?

#1432 5 years ago

You have to hit the switch over to the right of the arcade machine to start Flynn mode. Then you'll see the lights cycle through. You'll probably find it's not something you'll need to aim for as you'll complete it during the course of the game without even noticing it.

#1434 5 years ago

Definitely one of those modes I feel I can ignore - it gets completed on its own in probably game ever played.

#1436 5 years ago

Thanks...understand all the comments I just dont recall seeing red arrow flashing anywhere

#1437 5 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Thanks...understand all the comments I just dont recall seeing red arrow flashing anywhere

It's not like a bunch flashing at once. If the Flynn insert is flashing, cradle the ball and look for the flashing arrow. I believe that it goes in order from left to right. Left loop, then left ramp entrance, then Quorra, and so on. Also, on ball one, I believe if you miss the scoop skill shot, and the ball goes through the Zen, if you hot the right ramp (left ramp entrance) for the secondary skill shot, then you've found Flynn also.

#1438 5 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Also, on ball one, I believe if you miss the scoop skill shot, and the ball goes through the Zen, if you hot the right ramp (left ramp entrance) for the secondary skill shot, then you've found Flynn also.

Yep, this is correct, I just hit that shot trying to see the flashing arrows myself, it was soooooo pleasureful.

#1439 5 years ago

new favorite word. Thanks centerflank!

#1440 5 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Definitely one of those modes I feel I can ignore - it gets completed on its own in probably game ever played.

Exactly why we added a flynn ramp effect in Elis ramp kit. Start flynn, fushia color ramps glow and when you complete flynn, ramps turn off. Now at least you know when you are in flynn mode.

#1441 5 years ago

Nice! One day I have to play one of these Tron ELIs

#1443 5 years ago

Would you believe I played Tron 3 times today and 2 of those games I completed LCMB (which I almost never do). In both games I failed to even reach SOS yet it was extremely pleasureful™!

foo-fighters-poppin-mentos.jpg

#1444 5 years ago

A very lamp Xmas to all.

#1446 5 years ago

Merry Christmas Tron fans, got the new plastic protector set, chose blue for the ZEN plastic, love it, and it gave me a new avatar...
IMAG2889.jpg

1 week later
#1448 5 years ago

Happy New Year, lovefesters!

Any of you guys have one of those white x-pin DMDs? I have the blue one but have been thinking about swapping it out. Lemme know your thoughts!

#1449 5 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Any of you guys have one of those white x-pin DMDs? I have the blue one but have been thinking about swapping it out. Lemme know your thoughts!

Blue on Xmen would look weird IMO. Red fits perfectly.

#1450 5 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Don't have one, but saw Brett showing it at Expo, looked good. It's really impossible to photograph what it looks like with the gel filters on, never looks right, but it looks great that way, so it's pretty cool that you can easily change up the color whenever you want.

Short of a ColorDMD it's the best way to go now IMHO.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 9273 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 186.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside