(Topic ID: 54093)

Official TRON lovefest thread, I love it more than Lightning Kitty.

By centerflank

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9,272 posts
  • 469 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 48 minutes ago by Hasi
  • Topic is favorited by 142 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is TRON super awesome or are you a hater?”

• TRON is unreal, centerflank is supersmart. 396 votes
    71%
  • TRON blows, voters for this option have a small dingy :( 102 votes
    18%
  • Never played TRON, but if Centerflank likes it, it must be fun!!!! 59 votes
    11%

(557 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,255 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

C3274E82-5928-4425-80FC-82E5869342BA (resized).png
IMG_2493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2438 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5562 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5564 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5557 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5554 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5548 (resized).jpeg
A60145C3-9132-4708-AE36-D7570E45B8CA (resized).jpeg
20190801_215929 (resized).jpg
IMG_2437 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2436 (resized).jpeg
TRON Wall.jpg

There are 9272 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 186.
#1351 5 years ago

Today i reached portal with all modes complete on ball one.
I had an orgasm.

#1352 5 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

After a few games I think the LE's ramps light up better than the eli kit? Brighter it seems? Also the motor on this pro is loud as hell. Gonna try and lube it. Don't think Dave's LE was ever that loud. This one sounds like it's about to take off haha...

I also pitched it up to 7 degrees, and adjusted the tilt bob properly, it was set right to the bottom? Your scores don't count now as it was impossible to tilt hahaha..

Can't wait to go play some more tonight! One of my all time fave pins, can't believe it's in my basement!!

I haven't played a game yet on the new LE, but from just looking at the ramps when the machine is turned on I'd say that overall both style of ramps have a pretty similar level of brightness, but they do have a bit different appearance. As QuarterGrabber mentions, Eli's kit uses a clear cable while the LE has a white sheath which holds together a number of cables inside it. The clear cable appears to be a bit translucent whereas you can't see through the LE style cable. Visually though I think both style cables look great.

No doubt that disc motor can be loud. For me I guess I didn't notice it much anymore, just used to the 747 taking off in my basement every time that motor fires up! I thought about trying to lube it, but I just turned the volume up instead and that fixed the problem.

I did have the tilt set all the way down, but now it sounds like you've got it rolling fast and furious!

#1353 5 years ago

Ya turning the volume up does help alot, but I'm still going to try and fix it. I like to listen to my records and play sometimes too and with the way it currently is, it would drive me nuts haha..

Anyhow SUPER happy with the machine and everything, just talking about the game is all

Happy Happy

#1354 5 years ago

The disc motor thing might work itself out. Mine was really loud too, then after a few hundred games the sound is gone.

#1355 5 years ago

my disc motor started makeing some not fantastic happy happy noises at me tonight... then it went away after a few games.

even after all this time my scores still hover in the 15-25 mil range. Im such a pitiful player

#1357 5 years ago

True stuff! Those things sort of feel like cheating. Thanks Super Bands!

#1358 5 years ago

im loving the road trips pics there buckman!

all that snow reminds of something from the 80's called TRON ON ICE

5508879501_f30ce48c6b.jpg

Quoted from Buckman:

Now that looks like one fine machine you've got there! Walked downstairs this morning and couldn't believe that it wasn't there, but luckily for me there's this cool looking machine I picked up from kamidave to take it's place
Had an awesome time driving up to meet you guys yesterday and drop off the machine, and glad to hear you like the machine. I got lucky with driving yesterday and the Coquihalla Highway wasn't too bad (just a few snowy sections). Always fun doing a pinball road trip!

trip 3.JPG 243 KB

trip 2.JPG 163 KB

trip 1.JPG 83 KB

IMG_2666.JPG 172 KB

#1360 5 years ago
Quoted from Buckman:

Now that looks like one fine machine you've got there! Walked downstairs this morning and couldn't believe that it wasn't there, but luckily for me there's this cool looking machine I picked up from kamidave to take it's place
Had an awesome time driving up to meet you guys yesterday and drop off the machine, and glad to hear you like the machine. I got lucky with driving yesterday and the Coquihalla Highway wasn't too bad (just a few snowy sections). Always fun doing a pinball road trip!

trip 3.JPG 243 KB

Awesome! Welcome to the club Steve!

#1361 5 years ago

I joined the club
12 hours roadtrip
TRON LE # 121

a very beautiful copy
above:
- Backglass light LED mod
- 2 light cycles
- Led recognizer
- mirrorblad

I must order:
- Tron cab mod
- Flynn's sign
- Fluorescent plastic
- Blue DMD
- The image of the backglass (there is a damaged spot)

and what else?

tron_le.JPG

#1362 5 years ago
Quoted from IBARAKURO:

I joined the club
12 hours roadtrip
TRON LE # 121
a very beautiful copy
above:
- Backglass light LED mod
- 2 light cycles
- Led recognizer
- mirrorblad
I must order:
- Tron cab mod
- Flynn's sign
- Fluorescent plastic
- Blue DMD
- The image of the backglass (there is a damaged spot)
and what else?

tron_le.JPG 264 KB

Oh man I forgot what the original pop bumpers looked like. Get hooked pop bumpers. I think chrome would look good with the ramp lights of the LE.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-mod-gauging-interest-pop-caps-by-hkd/page/3#post-1302485

#1363 5 years ago

Haha..... Here's a 30 sec clip.... I spy a blinking recognizor in the background

Quoted from retired_user_101:

ok… someone has to find a video of that & post it here !!
(but only if it is TRON ON ICE LE)

#1366 5 years ago

if you ever find the full video of TRON ON ICE.... please post it here! or pm me

Quoted from retired_user_101:

holy cow… i guess the Tron piece was a segment of the bigger 'magic kindom on ice' show?
guess i'll be looking for that entire piece now. that's a must see

#1367 5 years ago

wow.... so it sounds like the super bands are a win win? need to buy a few sets of these for my pins. you guys using the blues on tron?

Quoted from Erik:

True stuff! Those things sort of feel like cheating. Thanks Super Bands!

#1368 5 years ago

What do you think of these - if you have not seen them yet.
Seems every owner has posted here so though as an owner I would share.
Lit chrome version (less chrome screw in my haste to post).
This is mounted on a pop body with my custom led pad under the mod.
I agree its a bit over powering in pics but really cool in person.

Tron final lit.jpg

#1369 5 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

wow.... so it sounds like the super bands are a win win? need to buy a few sets of these for my pins. you guys using the blues on tron?

I got blue on yellow bats. One day, one glorious day, I will replace said bats and there will be libations for EVERYBODY!

#1370 5 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Need some pics from player pov plz! Looks cool there tho

#1371 5 years ago

Will do this weekend orange,yellow and blue all good to go.
Will update Sunday....auction Sat.

#1372 5 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Tron final lit.jpg 18 KB

Cool man, show us some pics from further back when you get a chance.

#1373 5 years ago

This is with the flash on....will install on machine Sunday while listening to the games.
Close is final one hole version second was the proto from Oct. but its on the machine.
Center logo has been updated sense the second shot was done.

final tron chrome.jpg acdc update 006.JPG
#1374 5 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

my custom led pad under the mod.

Who else had a Trongasm when he read this?

Are some black and some chrome? More pics and looking good!

#1375 5 years ago

heh hooked..... im liking the direction you are going with these tron discs. what do you think about possibly taking OUT the word tron in the middle of the discs? i was just thinking it might look cleaner if it was just the design of the disc. just thinking there might be enough of the words "tron" on the backglass, sideart, pf,etc. all in all lookin good mang.

Quoted from HOOKED:

Tron final lit.jpg 18 KB

#1376 5 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Who else had a Trongasm when he read this?
Are some black and some chrome? More pics and looking good!

Top Notch work! I REALLY like them but I think Ill stick with my Devo bumper toppers (I was guessing you were making a few to sell as well?)

Ive spent wayyyyy too much $ on TRON already. Well see though, if Devo ever starts falling apart Ill have to hit you up!

Or maybe sooner, Damn those look bad ass the more I look at them.

#1377 5 years ago

Yes some 3 set black or 3 set chrome.
Chrome will be released soon black after Christmas.
Kit comes with Three customer disc -four custom plastics -3 custom led pads and hardware.
Its a 10 to 15 min swap all you need is a Philips head screw driver and your golden.
Target price at this point $89 chrome $79 black.
Pre-orders get a discount so just pm me.
This wasnt meant to be a fs add on just a tron lovers update.
FS post is in mod section.

#1378 5 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

This wasnt meant to be a fs add on just a tron lovers update.

LOL! Hey you rabid TRON modifiers, check out these brand new kick ass EL pop bumper mods and try to restrain yourself.

Dude Abides needs to add a 5o'clock free crack giveaway pic!

#1379 5 years ago

these pop bumpers caps are great !

#1382 5 years ago

well, a little misery now...

just noticed that the arcade was not more full square (hit by air ball ?), and was not more fully assembled/glued
i took it of, it goes in pieces

i know i can rebuild it... but...
dont tell me to buy the last arcade "mod", i know its beautifull and surelly one of the best mod in pinball history, but it's way to expensive for me (even more when i had already the version 1 and it burned after 3 seconds of work... no luck !)

now, i than replace the flash above the scoop, and to be honest, the first feeling is strange, but it became quickly addictive, as the flash hit you in the face while playing, and the view seems now clear in/to the bumpers ... !!!???
my son say the same (are we mad ???)

now, if you got some original idea to "cover/hide" the flash with a toy or something else, tell me, i can change my mind (and a small cap didnt do it, i tried it, with the other one on the ramp, its not good)

IMGP1156.JPG
IMGP1154.JPG
IMGP1155.JPG

#1383 5 years ago

You could get some TRON toy (clu ship/quorra car or whatever) and mount it on colored lexan using the 2 posts that have the rubber rings on it. Youd need 2 metal spacers (one with female end and male end) to give you the clearance over the flasher and the machine screw right behind it.

#1384 5 years ago

What the hell does Lamp mean ?

#1385 5 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

What the hell does Lamp mean ?

Full Definition of LAMP

a : any of various devices for producing light or sometimes heat: as (1) : a vessel with a wick for burning an inflammable liquid (as oil) to produce light (2) : a glass bulb or tube that emits light produced by electricity (as an incandescent lightbulb or fluorescent lamp)
b : a decorative appliance housing a lamp that is usually covered by a shade
: a celestial body
: a source of intellectual or spiritual illumination
: eye 1a —usually used in plural
See lamp defined for English-language learners »
See lamp defined for kids »

#1388 5 years ago

Maybe stern would replace your arcade if you call them, damn game looks naked without it, mod or no mod.

#1389 5 years ago

I have a set of Devo (pinbits) bumper caps if someone wants them for a fair price. Going to get those black and blue ones from Hooked, cant resist.

#1390 5 years ago

Installed Mods:
Tron Arcade Cabinet v3.1
Hallmark Light Cycles
Pinbits Bumper Dress Kit
Pinbits Playfield Dress Kit
Pinballcenter Clear Recognizer Disc Rubber
CLU Translite

Ordered Mods:
Translite Swap Box
Cointaker Complete LED Kit
Cointaker Blue LED Flipper Buttons
Flipper Fidelity 10" Sub & Speaker Kit
Stern Shaker Motor
Jersey Jack Invisiglass
Pinbits Ramp Illumination Kit
Pinball Customs Recognizer Bank Decal
Pinballcenter Custom Card & Instruction Card
Chicks Translite

Unordered Mods:
Light Up Recognizer
Sigma ColorDMD
Black Mirror Blades

Did someone say they've spent too much on their TRON? All this will easily add $2K to the cost of my machine... maybe more. Damn it feels good to be a bachelor.

#1391 5 years ago

You must be new, welcome to the club buddy!

#1393 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

well, a little misery now...
just noticed that the arcade was not more full square (hit by air ball ?), and was not more fully assembled/glued
i took it of, it goes in pieces
i know i can rebuild it... but...
dont tell me to buy the last arcade "mod", i know its beautifull and surelly one of the best mod in pinball history, but it's way to expensive for me (even more when i had already the version 1 and it burned after 3 seconds of work... no luck !)
now, i than replace the flash above the scoop, and to be honest, the first feeling is strange, but it became quickly addictive, as the flash hit you in the face while playing, and the view seems now clear in/to the bumpers ... !!!???
my son say the same (are we mad ???)

now, if you got some original idea to "cover/hide" the flash with a toy or something else, tell me, i can change my mind (and a small cap didnt do it, i tried it, with the other one on the ramp, its not good)

IMGP1154.JPG 301 KB

IMGP1156.JPG 286 KB

IMGP1155.JPG 353 KB

I still have my original arcade cab if you want it, just cover the shipping and you can have it for free.

#1394 5 years ago

FYI I have the original arcade cab with the v1.0 screen mod and it is not square. It looks like something I would have created in wood shop class. I call it the rhombus. Still I like to tell myself there's a certain charm to it

#1395 5 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I still have my original arcade cab if you want it, just cover the shipping and you can have it for free.

I didnt even think of that LOL! I have mine for free as well if anyone needs it!

#1397 5 years ago

Well, its no surprise why Captain Kirk also has eyes for Tron. And look, he even brought his own lamp.

Good Times 019.jpg
#1398 5 years ago

tanx for the feedback about my prob

pin is not more under warranty from time, even if P.P. is a nice guy, i doubt they send me a new one (but OK, its xmas time, i may ask, we never know)

and tanx quartergrabber+centerflank, you're already nice guys with the proposal, but i still got mine, not broken, just de-glued, and i still got another, the one bought/get with the v1 mod mounted in it

than, at the moment, leaving it as it, until i'll find something original, or... break the bank and get that v3 mod (but now i'm really in love with these new bumpers caps, the full plastic set, and some mirros blades)

Santa, are you listen to me !?

#1399 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

tanx for the feedback about my prob
pin is not more under warranty from time, even if P.P. is a nice guy, i doubt they send me a new one (but OK, its xmas time, i may ask, we never know)
and tanx quartergrabber, you're already a nice guy with the proposal, but i still got mine, not broken, just de-glued, and i still got another, the one bought/get with the v1 mod mounted in it
than, at the moment, leave it as it, or find something original, or... break the bank and get that v3 mod (but at the moment i really in love with these new bumpers caps, the full plastic set, and some mirros blades)
Santa, are you listen to me !?

You need an arcade cab in that area. It looks naked without it and that flasher will get on your nerves in no time! Id rather a non working cab in there than none!

#1400 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

You need an arcade cab in that area. It looks naked without it and that flasher will get on your nerves in no time! Id rather a non working cab in there than none!

thats what i was thinking BEFORE i'll tried... and than i was more than surprise by this new "efx"
bah, lets see how it goes in the future

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Sinking Spring, PA
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
There are 9272 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 186.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside