tron1 (resized).jpg
tron2 (resized).jpg
IMG_4921 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4920 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6148 (resized).png
IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
There are 11,648 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 233.
#1301 10 years ago

I'm not sure if Brett Butler is the center fielder or the actress but either way I'm a huge fan!

Btw notice how dark that pic is? Think he/she owns a lamp?

#1302 10 years ago

Heh Brett.... You gettin that edot on klov??

Quoted from retired_user_101:

early xmas present…
one piece at a time

edot-backglass.jpg 125 KB

#1304 10 years ago

Super big Hi 5 for PorkChopExpress for selling me his Eli mod kit for TRON! Its a little distracting at first, marveling in its Glory!

DSC09743.JPGDSC09743.JPGDSC09744.JPGDSC09744.JPG

#1306 10 years ago

dang… that looks sweet. how long did it take to get all installed & running?

I kind of worked on it on/off throughout the day, plus I had so many mods to mess around with, Id guess 4-5 hours or so? First ramp I drilled, I really took my time then the 2nd I said Eff it and just starting drilling like mad.

I did use Buckman's Eli mod install thread, very helpful.

#1307 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Super big Hi 5 for PorkChopExpress for selling me his Eli mod kit for TRON! Its a little distracting at first, marveling in its Glory!
cftron1.jpgcftron1.jpg cftron2.jpgcftron2.jpg

Happy to help bro! Your TRON looks F$$King Awesome!
This mod is the tits of all mods! Cheers to Eli!
Did I say tits.....
sorry.jpgsorry.jpg

#1308 10 years ago

haha..... nice bro, looks like you are prepared! I bought my Cheyenne from modesit on klov, he's a super nice guy.

well, i can't confirm or deny. but, if one were, they might have spent this evening building a reinforced, carpeted, flat dolly on wheels for easy future moving

edot dolly.jpg 103 KB

#1309 10 years ago

I think Eli's kit is brilliant and cool but I too am worried about the distraction. I waited for a long time for Eli's kit and then finally got impatient and installed the cool-lights blue and orange. I guess I became used to the look and really like it. It gives the light cycles a true light trail like in movies and stays on constant. With the way I have done my Tron everything is either orange or blue so I am going for more of the dueling look? It is a brilliant mod and my hat goes off to Eli for his devotion and hardwork.

#1310 10 years ago

I don't find it distracting at all, in fact it seems to focus you even more on the objective as the ramps change color to match the insert of the mode you are in.

#1311 10 years ago

looks great!

I want one of those kits for TAF!

#1312 10 years ago

That's a sick score! Is your game set to defaults or do you have it set to award an extra ball instead of a free game?

Quoted from RobT:

Well, I had one of my best games ever on my Tron LE last night. I got to Portal on my first ball! Never done that before. But more importantly, for the first time ever, I actually did good during Portal! Kept it going for quite awhile, and kept getting the add-a-ball. Unfortunately, I don't think that I managed to get the Portal Jackpot though (never head a call out for it and my total Portal score was only 22 million.
The other big deal was that I got a 10x bonus multiplier (Gem shot) and scored a 30 million point bonus after that first ball. Does anyone know if the multiplier maxes out at 10x? This was by far the biggest bonus I've ever got.
Continued to play well, and I only needed to complete LCMB and I would have been to Portal twice in one game, but I drained the last ball with LCMB lit!

Tron score.JPG 40 KB

Tron GC Score.JPG 41 KB

#1313 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It's amazing to me how much I still love this pin after all this time!
I have a bit of pin ADD, but man, Tron always pulls me back in.

+1

about your score, nice, but you're still under my son
and i think he already got X12 (must be confirmed, but if you wanna know, remove the glass and try, you'll will know in 1 minute)

#1314 10 years ago

EDIT---Spare Hinges SOLD!

I also received my rails/hinges with EL paper yesterday from Zdoor. I already have a set of hinges that are painted ready to go on, does anyone want to buy these raw hinges? I could get them professionally automotive painted as well when my rails get finish coated....no idea on price but maybe 40 raw-80painted?

DSC09746.JPGDSC09746.JPG

#1317 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I also received my rails/hinges with EL paper yesterday from Zdoor. I already have a set of hinges that are painted ready to go on, does anyone want to buy these raw hinges? I could get them professionally automotive painted as well when my rails get finish coated....no idea on price but maybe 40 raw-80painted?

DSC09746.JPG 157 KB

NICE! I am getting the same kind of armor package for my Star Trek. I am not allowed to post pics of it until the company officially releases the package though. But it looks sweet just like your Tron ones!

#1318 10 years ago

@robt

and i confirm X12

#1319 10 years ago

Not sure if you guys heard yet but apparently Centerflank has taken over Encom
I just found this pic on another thread....
image-702.jpgimage-702.jpg

#1320 10 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

@robt
and i confirm X12

Thanks. 10x is my highest so far.

As for your other question, I have Daft Punk MB set to start after completing four of each of the ramp shots (instead ofand Special to Extra Ball (Special rarely lights on Tron).

#1321 10 years ago

Rob,
When I saw your Tron score on ball 1 the first thing that came to my mind was.... I am not a good pinball player!
Heck I would be lucky to score that high with the glass off.

#1323 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Not sure if you guys heard yet but apparently Centerflank has taken over Encom
I just found this pic on another thread....

Now that's some good stuff!

Quoted from RobT:

Special rarely lights on Tron

I don't think I've ever had a Special on Tron, any idea how you get it?

Quoted from centerflank:

I did use Buckman's Eli mod install thread, very helpful.

Centerflank - Glad to hear the thread helped, and you're machine looks awesome!

#1324 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Rob,
When I saw your Tron score on ball 1 the first thing that came to my mind was.... I am not a good pinball player!
Heck I would be lucky to score that high with the glass off.

You have to realize that I posted that picture for a reason! I've owned Tron for a couple of years now, and that is the highest score I've ever had on ball 1...and it also turned into my highest score ever at the end of the game (which means I actually didn't choke on the rest of the balls for a change).

So while this score was over 300 million, my second highest score is just over 200 million.

In other words, this really was an exceptionally rare good game for me! Tron can be an ass kicker.

#1325 10 years ago

I got 200 million too....

(with 5 balls)

1 shot away from portal tonight and guess what shot it was I needed. A final gem shot to complete light cycle solid. Worst part was everything was solid lit besides light cycle when I got to SOS. I am terrible, but I am having fun trying to get there. One day I will do it and probably have a stroke or heart attack from excitement. Damn you Portal multiball why do you taunt me so.

#1326 10 years ago

again, the prob is NOT to reach portal, but well to finish it !

#1328 10 years ago

for some reason I thought you would have the uber rare ENCOM rails and hinges

Quoted from centerflank:

EDIT----I DO NOT have extra rails, ONLY 1 extra set of hinges.

DSC09746.JPG 157 KB

#1329 10 years ago

congrats brett! and welcome to the edot club make sure you buy as many possible repro parts/artwork from rich @ thisoldgame (im guessing you already have?) not sure if he's making anymore, but the replacement plexi (above the cpo) is frigin awesome. the target decal is pretty sweet too. im a softie for anything that glows.

my new tron toy. just a little exciting. been working years to collect parts to build one, then this emerged !!
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/all-things-tron-tron-tron-pin-edot-arcade-etc…

#1331 10 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

1 shot away from portal tonight and guess what shot it was I needed. A final gem shot to complete light cycle solid.

Remember, you do NOT *have* to hit the GEM shot to finish Light Cycle.

Left Ramp >>>Quorra >>>Upper Ramp (or GEM) combo completes it.

#1333 10 years ago

I'm back....
First run cabinet/playfield, last run translight
I felt naked without a Tron.
tron 2222.jpgtron 2222.jpgtron 11111.jpgtron 11111.jpgtron 333.jpgtron 333.jpgtron 4444.jpgtron 4444.jpgtron 6666.jpgtron 6666.jpgtron 77777.jpgtron 77777.jpgtron 8888.jpgtron 8888.jpg

tron 5555.jpgtron 5555.jpg

#1334 10 years ago

Pics look great. Great info here. Trying to get back myself. Looking for a tron in Md.. Pa Va. area

#1335 10 years ago

I almost had one of those behind-the-drops hangups yesterday. You guys jinxed me

Also I'm regularly getting schooled by the Daft Punk pop bumper. Any sort of weak orbit shot or a Gem shot will touch the bumper, launching directly at the left outlane at lightspeed. Wiresnip mod?

#1336 10 years ago

How did you get that plastic below the recognizer. I tried to put it on my machine however the 4 screws are so short that the plastics are bend to the max. I took it off because i was affraid they would break.

#1337 10 years ago
Quoted from Dirk:

How did you get that plastic below the recognizer. I tried to put it on my machine however the 4 screws are so short that the plastics are bend to the max. I took it off because i was affraid they would break.

Same for me. I just put the screws on super loose. I Still have my orange ZEN plastic, I promised it to centerflank a long time ago. If you still want it centerflank send me a PM and I will mail it right out to you.

#1338 10 years ago

Even with the screws on super loose it looks funny the whole construction is bend upwards. It cannot e designed like this?

#1339 10 years ago

Has anyone had any trouble with their arcade mod? Mine has been intermittent. When it works, it works, but sometimes at power on, it doesn't light up the screen, and it sometimes will come back and sometimes won't during the course of playing. I checked the wires, and all seem fine...hmmm

Also, once it does turn on, it stays on...so i don't think it's a loose wire : thinking:

#1341 10 years ago

Its the power connector. the one under the playfield, the small one.

#1342 10 years ago

I'm officially in the Tron loving lamp club. I just picked up Buckman's pimped out Tron pro!!!

Also a public thanks to him for being an amazing seller. Super detailed descriptions, machine is gorgeous. Thanks so much Steve!!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#1344 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Remember, you do NOT *have* to hit the GEM shot to finish Light Cycle.
Left Ramp >>>Quorra >>>Upper Ramp (or GEM) combo completes it.

OMG RUNS TO GARAGE LOCKS DOOR! But it was flashing Rob!!!!

#1345 10 years ago

m-o-r-e pix, or it never happened

Ok...here's a few iphone shots...daughter still wanted to play Jackbot instead hhaha

image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

image-83.jpgimage-83.jpg

#1346 10 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

I'm officially in the Tron loving lamp club. I just picked up Buckman's pimped out Tron pro!!!

Also a public thanks to him for being an amazing seller. Super detailed descriptions, machine is gorgeous. Thanks so much Steve!!

Now that looks like one fine machine you've got there! Walked downstairs this morning and couldn't believe that it wasn't there, but luckily for me there's this cool looking machine I picked up from kamidave to take it's place

Had an awesome time driving up to meet you guys yesterday and drop off the machine, and glad to hear you like the machine. I got lucky with driving yesterday and the Coquihalla Highway wasn't too bad (just a few snowy sections). Always fun doing a pinball road trip!

trip 3.JPGtrip 3.JPG
trip 2.JPGtrip 2.JPG
trip 1.JPGtrip 1.JPG

IMG_2666.JPGIMG_2666.JPG

#1347 10 years ago

Haha love the dirty window shot...nice one...

#1348 10 years ago

After a few games I think the LE's ramps light up better than the eli kit? Brighter it seems? Also the motor on this pro is loud as hell. Gonna try and lube it. Don't think Dave's LE was ever that loud. This one sounds like it's about to take off haha...

I also pitched it up to 7 degrees, and adjusted the tilt bob properly, it was set right to the bottom? Your scores don't count now as it was impossible to tilt hahaha..

Can't wait to go play some more tonight! One of my all time fave pins, can't believe it's in my basement!!

#1349 10 years ago

I agree, I still have my 12v (dev-kit) eli mod using the larger LED drivers.. I wont be giving it up as I feel it is much higher light output then the now production run.

#1350 10 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

After a few games I think the LE's ramps light up better than the eli kit? Brighter it seems? Also the motor on this pro is loud as hell. Gonna try and lube it. Don't think Dave's LE was ever that loud. This one sounds like it's about to take off haha...
I also pitched it up to 7 degrees, and adjusted the tilt bob properly, it was set right to the bottom? Your scores don't count now as it was impossible to tilt hahaha..
Can't wait to go play some more tonight! One of my all time fave pins, can't believe it's in my basement!!

Yes I agree. My one complaint with Eli's mod was it wasn't that bright. I think it is because the LE uses the frosted cable. If you look at a frosted 555 LED bulb vs a non frosted one, I think the frosted bulb distributes the light way better and more evenly. I asked pinbits if I could buy a frosted cable from them and they said no, they are too expensive for the frosted ones, that's why they use the clear.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,648 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/27 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.