IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3026 (resized).png
IMG_3018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
TRON_SpinDisc Mounted (resized).jpg
IMG_5680 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1247 (resized).jpeg
There are 11,635 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 233.
#1252 10 years ago

So I tried to hook up 2 bayonet sockets to light my apron lenses, I spliced into the wires feeding the disc multiball insert light socket (555bulb). Im now getting some ghosting in various areas on other insert lights now so I must have this hooked up wrong. I then daisy chained the ground to each bayonet socket thinking that was the problem as I hadnt done that before, still ghosting....neither of the new bayonet sockets have a diode, do I need to daisy chain the power supply wires also from to each new bayonet socket, or do I need to splice into the other side of the 555 socket, I see there is a diode inside the existing disc multiball 555 socket? Any thoughts? I clearly know jack about proper wire looping

DSC09681.JPGDSC09681.JPG

DSC09680.JPGDSC09680.JPG

DSC09679.JPGDSC09679.JPG

#1253 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

So I tried to hook up 2 bayonet sockets to light my apron lenses, I spliced into the wires feeding the disc multiball insert light socket (555bulb). Im now getting some ghosting in various areas on other insert lights now so I must have this hooked up wrong. I then daisy chained the ground to each bayonet socket thinking that was the problem as I hadnt done that before, still ghosting....neither of the new bayonet sockets have a diode, do I need to daisy chain the power supply wires also from to each new bayonet socket, or do I need to splice into the other side of the 555 socket, I see there is a diode inside the existing disc multiball 555 socket? Any thoughts? I clearly know jack about proper wire looping

I wonder how the Pinball Refinery does theirs? Maybe send Gio (Zdoor) a PM and ask.

#1254 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I wonder how the Pinball Refinery does theirs? Maybe send Gio (Zdoor) a PM and ask.

I will if I have to, hate to bother them as they are busy dudes....I have a feeling the way I wired it has no diode in the mix, causing the goofy ghosting.

edit---and they way there are now, they dont light up when the 555 insert lights, they just kind of pulse constantly.

#1255 10 years ago

Looks like you tied into an insert light . Those will be on the matrix . you should tie into the GI.

#1256 10 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Looks like you tied into an insert light . Those will be on the matrix . you should tie into the GI.

Correct, if I go to GI then its always lit....which isnt too bad, I just wanted them to flash

#1257 10 years ago

Problem is though you can't just add a socket to the matrix the way you did .

#1258 10 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Problem is though you can't just add a socket to the matrix the way you did .

Gotcha, so no way I can tweak it to function properly?

#1259 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Gotcha, so no way I can tweak it to function properly?

There is a way, but it will take someone with more knowledge than me to explain how to do it.

I am interested in hearing what the correct way is. Ping LTG or Vid

#1260 10 years ago

What do you want the lights to do ? just flash all the time . Or mimic that insert that you tied into .

#1261 10 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

mimic that insert that you tied into .

Yep, this

#1262 10 years ago
Quoted from retired_user_101:

sea of simulation…
…you are a mean mean bitch
why do you taunt me so ?!

Out of scoop.. On to right flipper.. Pathetic bounce up and over into right out lane. It's in the code.. I can only do this manoeuvre once SOS has started!

#1263 10 years ago

unscrew those two sockets from the brackets and place them on the pf material (or something nonconductive) to test. I think you've created a weak path to ground for one of your rows or columns

#1264 10 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

unscrew those two sockets from the brackets and place them on the pf material (or something nonconductive) to test. I think you've created a weak path to ground for one of your rows or columns

Excellent suggestion, im on it....

edit---nope, still getting the ghosting in the matrix, I think Ill detach that insert....

#1266 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Excellent suggestion, im on it....
edit---nope, still getting the ghosting in the matrix, I think Ill detach that insert....

I think you will need to add diodes to those sockets then (or at least the first one in the series)

#1267 10 years ago

new toys to drop in. . .
i feel so behind compared to others here
can't imaging what it will be like for folks 5 to 10 years from now to get mods for Tron.

Nah you're not behind, I have the stock cycles. True story

#1268 10 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Nah you're not behind, I have the stock cycles. True story

If you didn't end that with "true story" I would have never believed it.

#1269 10 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I think you will need to add diodes to those sockets then (or at least the first one in the series)

I did throw some diodes in at Ltg advise, I didnt solder them in just lopped them through and twisted the ends, still ghosting, I don't know, I clipped out the wire so its back to normal, Ill revist it later, maybe just get treal flasher sockets and splice into a flasher wire...

#1270 10 years ago

I added cheap LED's to my xmen but never changed the pop bumper ones. Then all of a sudden the pops that never ghosted started to ghost. LED's can be weird sometimes.

#1271 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Correct, if I go to GI then its always lit....which isnt too bad, I just wanted them to flash

centerflank - Instead of tying them into the insert, why not plug them into P6 and P7 in the backbox and then they'll flash just like they do on the LE (minus the pulsing the do during double scoring)? Are you just looking for something different?

#1272 10 years ago
Quoted from Buckman:

centerflank - Instead of tying them into the insert, why not plug them into P6 and P7 in the backbox and then they'll flash just like they do on the LE (minus the pulsing the do during double scoring)? Are you just looking for something different?

Best answer EVER!

#1273 10 years ago
Quoted from Buckman:

I was just looking to have them flash in accordance with disc multi-ball, but thanks for that suggestion, P6 and P7 powers actual flasher sockets though correct? I shouldn't try to hook up any bayonet sockets to it?

Post edited by centerflank : SHOULD NOT

#1274 10 years ago

i'll try and take some photos next time i removed the glass. i have them hooked up to p6, p7. the LE aprons are supposed to fade, it wont fade with LED's. in your case where not on P6,P7, If you have ghosting, try swapping the lead to the OTHER side of the diode/resistor, i know sounds weird, but try it. it worked for me (twice). I thought, um all the other wires are hooked up on that side of the diode/resistor, so i'll just tap in there. nope, serious ghosting. for some reason i tried the other end and sure enough, worked perfect. this happened to me while hooking up the recognizer mod and the scoop mod(one i have tied to flynns arcade, the other i have tied to arcade flasher. yes, 2 scoop mod).

#1275 10 years ago

centerflank, now looking at your pictures i'm almost sure thats the problem, wrong side of diode. you will only be able to attach one by tapping into wire, the other you will have to conjure a way to get it into other end of diode. i just stuck in from the LED side and sandwiched it in with the 555. I did exactly what you did, tap into each side, doesnt work. does your "L" from CLU stay lit? sound familiar?

#1276 10 years ago
Quoted from dito:

centerflank, now looking at your pictures i'm almost sure thats the problem, wrong side of diode. you will only be able to attach one by tapping into wire, the other you will have to conjure a way to get it into other end of diode. i just stuck in from the LED side and sandwiched it in with the 555. I did exactly what you did, tap into each side, doesnt work. does your "L" from CLU stay lit? sound familiar?

I dont remember, Ive removed it all from where I spliced in by that disc 555 insert....I think Ill do the flasher sockets and use 2 blue incandescant flasher bulbs....

edit-yes the CLU insert were being quite odd

#1277 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I was just looking to have them flash in accordance with disc multi-ball, but thanks for that suggestion, P6 and P7 powers actual flasher sockets though correct? I shouldn't try to hook up any bayonet sockets to it?

Hopefully you'll figure it out and get those things flashing without any issues! Would be cool. If you tie them into P6 and P7 they flash 3 times every time you hit a jackpot during the disc multi ball (any of the flashing blue disc lights or the main spinning disc). If you can hit a flashing blue disc shot or the spinning disc every few seconds they basically don't stop flashing the entire time (but if you don't hit any shots they don't do anything).

As for the sockets, see the picture below for what I have hooked up to mine (some bayonets that I bought from PBL). Here is a quick video I shot last week of my son playing the disc war multiball (so you can see the apron lights flashing when he hits a shot):

http://www.youtube.com/embed/JNV8_fshD1I?autoplay=1&rel=0

IMG_0102.JPGIMG_0102.JPG

#1279 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Never happened on my LE either.

It's happened on my LE several times. Frustrating when it happens.

#1280 10 years ago

Well, I had one of my best games ever on my Tron LE last night. I got to Portal on my first ball! Never done that before. But more importantly, for the first time ever, I actually did good during Portal! Kept it going for quite awhile, and kept getting the add-a-ball. Unfortunately, I don't think that I managed to get the Portal Jackpot though (never head a call out for it and my total Portal score was only 22 million.

The other big deal was that I got a 10x bonus multiplier (Gem shot) and scored a 30 million point bonus after that first ball. Does anyone know if the multiplier maxes out at 10x? This was by far the biggest bonus I've ever got.

Continued to play well, and I only needed to complete LCMB and I would have been to Portal twice in one game, but I drained the last ball with LCMB lit!

Tron score.JPGTron score.JPG Tron GC Score.JPGTron GC Score.JPG
#1281 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Well, I had one of my best games ever on my TRON LE last night.

Nice score Rob!

#1282 10 years ago

It's amazing to me how much I still love this pin after all this time!

I have a bit of pin ADD, but man, Tron always pulls me back in.

#1283 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It's amazing to me how much I still love this pin after all this time!
I have a bit of pin ADD, but man, Tron always pulls me back in.

Its because the game is such great eye candy, audio, and gameplay....The perfect storm!

My only 10 in the pinside ratings

#1284 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Its because the game is such great eye candy, audio, and gameplay....The perfect storm!
My only 10 in the pinside ratings

There is no pin that I have ever played that has better sounds (music, effects, and call outs) than Tron, and the implementation of the theme is simply superb.

#1285 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

There is no pin that I have ever played that has better sounds

Ever play Panthera ?

#1286 10 years ago

Trilogy could you make a Tron that could mix me a stiff drink? If I had that I would not need anything else.

Kickstarter?

#1287 10 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Ever play Panthera ?

Its no slayer.

slayer_army_seperations_smaller.jpgslayer_army_seperations_smaller.jpg

#1288 10 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Trilogy could you make a Tron that could mix me a stiff drink?

Straight up Bourbon , or White lightening ?

#1289 10 years ago

lol actually the sidecar is my drink of choice. could you mix two ingredients and I could add the lemon after? Let's get this done!

#1290 10 years ago

Oh yeah it's totally possible , could be done the same way the tapper works on trilogy brewing co . , Just mount the 2 bottles upside down and let gravity do the work . 2 electronic valves open just long enough to pour a shot of each (or whatever amount is needed .)

#1291 10 years ago

RobT, the bonus will go over 10x. Also if you drain with double scoring active you will double your bonus. By the way your discs on the speakers are not facing the same direction. Not sure if that's how you wanted them.

#1292 10 years ago
Quoted from Da_Topper:

RobT, the bonus will go over 10x. Also if you drain with double scoring active you will double your bonus. By the way your discs on the speakers are not facing the same direction. Not sure if that's how you wanted them.

Thanks for the info on the multiplier not maxing out at 10x. That's the highest I've ever got it.

And yes, someone else pointed out my upside down disc several months ago, and I *still* haven't got around to moving it.

#1293 10 years ago

Portal on first ball, now I am jealous! I have some good games even got to SOS with all but one lit and still somehow managed to muck it up. Hey if the game was too easy I would have sold it, seems like I will never master this one.

#1294 10 years ago

Thank You Keebler, he sent me a spare light up recognizer that had some minor issues with it. You are simply the best just like Tina Turner sang about in her mega blockbuster hit.

th.jpegth.jpeg

DSC09695.JPGDSC09695.JPG

#1295 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Thank You Keebler, he sent me a spare light up recognizer that had some minor issues with it. You are simply the best just like Tina Turner sang about in her mega blockbuster hit.

th.jpeg 9 KB

DSC09695.JPG 185 KB

You're welcome man, looks great on your machine

#1296 10 years ago

So I painted some flipper bats for my buddies Tron...ran out of clear bands so had to stick a white on the upper flipper
IMG_00000467.jpgIMG_00000467.jpg
IMG_00000466.jpgIMG_00000466.jpg

#1298 10 years ago

Lamp texted me a little while ago, said its sick of getting crapped on by all of us and has vowed revenge.

5311154008_58d7f222f1_z.jpg5311154008_58d7f222f1_z.jpg

#1300 10 years ago

early xmas present…
one piece at a time

edot-backglass.jpg 125 KB

Oh I hate you, I mean I envy you. Disc of Tron environmental "front glass". Think I have the top small marquee for that game somewhere.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Trade
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Beach, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

There are 11,635 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/26 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.