IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3026 (resized).png
IMG_3018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
TRON_SpinDisc Mounted (resized).jpg
IMG_5680 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1247 (resized).jpeg
There are 11,635 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 233.
#1153 10 years ago
Quoted from retired_user_101:

finally got to installing some of the plastic protectors.
here's steps 1, 2, & 3.
the plastics came with 3 blue LED's, so I put them in on the right side. there's still a 4th white bulb on the right.
did anyone else leave those 2 giant washers there, or remove them so the nuts would go back tighter? didn't remove them, as i didn't know if that would increase chance of ball impact, having plastics lower?
anyway, here's (from left to right) pix with plastics off + original whites, LED's in, LED's + new plastic protector & artwork plastics back on top. You can hardly tell the new plastic protector is there in

You really don't want to torque the plastics down tight. If you leave a little "give" in them there is less chance of breakage when they take a direct hit.

Those huge washers are the ugly factory slingshot protectors... Wms and Stern both use these. I always replace these with the clear lexan washers.
Little House of Games has a good supplier for these as they come with a protective wrap and have polished edges.

Looks good btw

#1154 10 years ago

picked these up yesterday at the houston arcade/pinball event.

tron-pin-flipper-tops+cliffyHole... 726 KB

Please show pics of the flipper covers with new Super Bands on the bats....bet it will look sweet

#1155 10 years ago

I am mos def gonna pick up some of these super bands for my pins (at least try em out) .... what colors are you guys using??

Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Please show pics of the flipper covers with new Super Bands on the bats....bet it will look sweet

#1156 10 years ago

I put the blue ones on mine. Looks ok but I just have the yellow bats, which I don't really like. One day I will swap the bats to a different color, but I have only been deliberating colors for a year so I need a bit more time to decide

#1157 10 years ago

Where can I get those flipper covers? Are they just decals you stick on the bat? Anyone have a photo of them installed on a game?

#1161 10 years ago

Here's the new flipper rubbers on. Notice the shine on them.
The old rubbers are on the playfield next to them so you can see the difference.
ps. These new rubbers were a MASSIVE pain in the bootay to get on the flippers. After fighting the 1st one, I stretched the other 2 out for about 10 minutes each on a nerf gun handle, then was a bit easier to get them on.
Game plays great with them. The Marco's guys told me they are easier to clean (just a few wipes) than traditional rubbers, because of the new material type.
hadn't cleaned playfield or the old funk on the flippers prior to pix :/

I agree those rubbers are a freakin pain to get on, I thought people were maybe just exaggerating, no way it's a bitch to get them on. Stretching them out helps a little. But after I had them on my pins for a while I took them off and probably will not use them again. While I agree with some they offered a little better control and made catching easier, I felt the were less bouncy, thus making my games feel slower. They also made back handing much more difficult for me. Additionally, sometimes they made the ball spin in an odd fashion. But to each their own, many people say their crushing old scores with them. I however did not sniff any of my pins high scores with them.

#1162 10 years ago

I put red superbands on Spidey, I dont know, they seem ok, definitely easier to trap the ball...Hilton thought they shot inconsistent towards whatever specific lane....I just really like the deep red look of them. I am doubtful I would buy more for my other pins.

DSC09602.JPGDSC09602.JPG

#1164 10 years ago

Absolutely LOVE the TSPPs with sprinkles!!!

#1166 10 years ago

also put on these flipper tops for TSPP & TAF this weekend.

flipper-tops-TSPP+TAF.jpg 1 MB

Baby flipper with Thing on it is a nice touch

#1167 10 years ago

I got the bulbs in from Comet. My goal was to test them in the slings and in the Devo hats and if I like them I will order more to finish it out. My experience with LEDs in GI has been they don't tend to spread light around the PF, leading to dark areas or necessitating additional spotlights. Adding more spotlights is unacceptable, so the GI has to cast a wide, bright light otherwise I will stick with incandescents.

So here's the ones I got: 4+4 SMD for the pops and 4+1 SMD for the GI. These are listed as "natural white" and the color seems like any other standard white LED to me.
Bulbs-Used.JPGBulbs-Used.JPG

Before pic. All incandescent here except for the spotlights.
Tron-Before.JPGTron-Before.JPG

This shows only the right sling with LEDs, and a nut driver in the middle to compare how the light was cast from each side. Highly scientific!
Tron-Right-Sling.JPGTron-Right-Sling.JPG

I put one in the Space Paranoids plastic, instantly drawing attention to my dusty pf.
IMG_3340-1024.JPGIMG_3340-1024.JPG

Three 4+4s in the pops. Turned out they already had LEDs in them but they were the concave single LED type (and too dim for me).
IMG_3352-1024.JPGIMG_3352-1024.JPG

So long story long, I'm not really an LED guy, but I'm pretty happy with them at the moment. I'm going to play them for a while before committing to swapping all the GI. You wouldn't want these anywhere you could see the bulb from the player's POV. I also found the 4+1s are brighter than the 4+4s.

#1168 10 years ago

This one is going to Tigerlaw.

P1010247.JPGP1010247.JPG
#1169 10 years ago

That's a nice looking pingulp!

#1170 10 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

This one is going to Tigerlaw.

P1010247.JPG 730 KB

Thanks bro! That is going to look awesome!

#1171 10 years ago

Love this guys reviews. Here's one on Tron:

#1172 10 years ago

And Avatar just for laughs

#1173 10 years ago

If you like his reviews you can see all his pinball related ones here:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=classic+game+room+pinball&page=1

#1174 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

If you like his reviews you can see all his pinball related ones here:
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=classic+game+room+pinball&page=1

His Roller Games review is hilarious

#1175 10 years ago

Love this guys reviews. Here's one on Tron:

I like how he is impressed with the stock arcade toy

edit- I also agree with him on throwing out furniture to fit pins into your home.

#1176 10 years ago

Got Eli's kit installed the game has changed!
Now my only gripe is that somehow I ended up with 2 yellow light cycles
image-604.jpgimage-604.jpg
image-379.jpgimage-379.jpg
image-744.jpgimage-744.jpg

#1177 10 years ago

I installed Eli's kit last night, and holy shit, it's like having a whole new game. Looks amazing!!! It took me about 6 hours between taking everything apart, watching the step by step videos, drilling, and setting everything up- but it was totally worth it. Best mod ever!

Now I need to drop some serious hints to the wife for mirror blades for Christmas and I'll pretty much have this game completely pimped out (already have a blue DMD, light-up speaker grills, hallmark light cycles, light-up recognizer, pop cap dress-up kit, disc shooter, light-up Flynn's sign, Tron LCD arcade, recognizer decal, shaker motor, black flipper bats with orange and blue rubbers, and full LED).

These ramps are so bright that it freaked out my iphone camera. The rest of the game is extremely bright, but photographed really dark due to the brightness of the ramps:

Tron Ramps2.jpgTron Ramps2.jpgTron ramps1.jpgTron ramps1.jpg

#1178 10 years ago

I should have traded my tron for that NIB WOZ last week, doh. or just preorded WOZ instead of Tron. This game is awesome, but it gets old. not trying to burst your bubbles. own it for 2-3 years, and then talk to me.

#1179 10 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

I should have traded my tron for that NIB WOZ last week, doh. or just preorded WOZ instead of Tron. This game is awesome, but it gets old. not trying to burst your bubbles. own it for 2-3 years, and then talk to me.

NO SOUP FOR YOU!

#1180 10 years ago

Man I pissed that tron light kit waiting list is so f'd up it's not even funny..I guess I probably will not see my kit till the new year.

#1182 10 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Man I pissed that tron light kit waiting list is so f'd up it's not even funny..I guess I probably will not see my kit till the new year.

They just randomly appear too - seem like they use the list and the just put random ones on the site in some sort of ratio, but mostly its the list. I'm way down on the list but I have one arriving tomorrow. Hopefully. Ramps are off and cleaned, just waiting....

#1183 10 years ago

Even though I finally have my WOZ LE, I still prefer, so far anyway, a straightforward, rockin' game of TRON.

Here is a shot of my TRON's new home with a Flynn Fathead next to it.

tron_fathead.jpgtron_fathead.jpg

#1186 10 years ago

well, that just happened

tron-pin-ball-caught.jpg 727 KB

How the hell did you get the ball moving that slow on Tron?

#1188 10 years ago

i know right… i think it was a small bump from the left-upper flipper and it just started going in slow motion.
first time that's ever happened.

Your playfield looks nice and sparkly after you cleaned it. It's like night and day!

#1189 10 years ago

Your playfield looks nice and sparkly after you cleaned it. It's like night and day!

So clean its ready to put your balls on it.

#1191 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

So clean its ready to put your balls on it.

LOL. Anyone feel like tea?

#1193 10 years ago

well, that just happened

tron-pin-ball-caught.jpg 727 KB

Solution for you to try. You can use just one rubber or two... Whatever works for you!
It hasn't happened to me since I put those on

Try putting them on a few of the other black post located on the play field and "no more pinball dribble"

148361-i.jpg148361-i.jpg

#1194 10 years ago

Just because I found it on the internet !

555039_428084307293634_2114468802.JPG555039_428084307293634_2114468802.JPG
#1195 10 years ago

I've never had a ball hangup like that but it may be because my house slopes slightly in the opposite direction

slopey.jpgslopey.jpg
#1196 10 years ago

Any LE owners have issues with stuck balls behind the drop targets (wedged behind rubber)?Has happened enough times that I must fix this somehow. Will take a pic tonight.

#1197 10 years ago

Never had that happen either. Possibly slope related also

#1198 10 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

When I first got Tron I made up a spreadsheet to help me know what is going on.

I had to do that too...

#1199 10 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Any LE owners have issues with stuck balls behind the drop targets (wedged behind rubber)?Has happened enough times that I must fix this somehow. Will take a pic tonight.

Wow... That seems nearly impossible. Is your rubber broken back there?

#1200 10 years ago
Quoted from bjorg:

Wow... That seems nearly impossible. Is your rubber broken back there?

Nope looks fine, has happened multiple times, maybe once ever 40 games or so. Usually wedged between rubber and drop target that has not fallen. One minus for the LE or I need to put a few extra rubbers back there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Beach, CA
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

There are 11,635 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.