IMG_3758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3759 (resized).jpeg
tron1 (resized).jpg
tron2 (resized).jpg
IMG_4921 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4920 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6148 (resized).png
There are 11,656 posts in this topic. You are on page 233 of 234.
#11601 82 days ago
Quoted from Faust:

By the way, if anyone made some custom videos for the 86pixels custom backboard, I am interested in this. Never took the time to do this myself

I'm hoping that mod comes back in stock. It looks pretty nice. I didn't get a chance to grab one though.

#11602 82 days ago
Quoted from bjorg:

A while back someone posted a custom version of the firmware with more Daft Punk music. It's really good, but I have no idea where that post is now. Highly recommended to find it though (assuming the custom file is still available).

You can also check with Scott Danesi (TheNoTrashCougar). I think he was considering putting together a custom Daft Punk sound package for Tron. He may have done it, if my memory serves. Might be worth a PM. Anyone with a TNA knows what Scott can do with music.

#11603 82 days ago

Yes, this is the one I recalled and it did nothing for me. I prefer the original.

Quoted from bjorg:

Just to clarify, have you compared them or is your preference out of principle? I agree that the original mix is great, but I prefer the new one. IIRC, it added some Daft Punk that was not in the original. Sadly, as stated before, the details now elude me.

#11604 81 days ago

I added delay triggering boards to Tron. Makes a great visual difference over static lights. I double stacked the ramp entrance switches and made a new gate form to trigger them both. The trigger boards are also adjustable. I like this time phase, but it can go either way long or short. Almost traded the game and it just hit me to try the boards I am using for my Jaws attacking cage solenoid driver. Glad I kept the game. I have had it 4 times now..

#11605 81 days ago
Quoted from Logan-Pinball:

I added delay triggering boards to Tron. Makes a great visual difference over static lights. I double stacked the ramp entrance switches and made a new gate form to trigger them both. The trigger boards are also adjustable. I like this time phase, but it can go either way long or short. Almost traded the game and it just hit me to try the boards I am using for my Jaws attacking cage solenoid driver. Glad I kept the game. I have had it 4 times now..

Did you use this delay relay? I’m using it on radical for the proto vuk, works great!

IMG_6148 (resized).pngIMG_6148 (resized).png
#11606 79 days ago

Is that your light mod on the stock ramps? It actually looks great!

#11607 79 days ago

I’m actually considering selling my Tron pro. But I’d like some opinions, in general, I often strip mods from a machine and sell it separately. That is especially true with prices softening lately.

But, I actually have Jay’s other set of metal wireform ramps and LED strip lights on mine. Would it be better to sell it with the mods and try to get a premium price on it, or strip it, sell it for market price and sell (or keep) the mods separately?

IMG_4060 (resized).jpegIMG_4060 (resized).jpeg
#11608 79 days ago
Quoted from sandro:

I’m actually considering selling my Tron pro. But I’d like some opinions, in general, I often strip mods from a machine and sell it separately. That is especially true with prices softening lately.
But, I actually have Jay’s other set of metal wireform ramps and LED strip lights on mine. Would it be better to sell it with the mods and try to get a premium price on it, or strip it, sell it for market price and sell (or keep) the mods separately?[quoted image]

Many collectors would prefer the original ramps w/Eli light kit over what's in the photo. Some mods make the game worth less, not more...doesn't matter what the mod cost. The wireworm ramps might be nice, but most people have never experienced how they play.

#11609 79 days ago

Random issue. In the middle of playing all of a sudden the flippers drop and the game acts like I drained. The ball is still on the playfield. I reconnected the trough cable but nothing changed. I can’t make it happen. Possibly a vibration issue on the trough switches?

#11610 79 days ago

Hello All.

I recently purchased a Tron and it came with custom sounds/music. If I wanted to revert it back to the original music/sounds how would I go about this? I did a factory reset with no luck. The machine is running the latest version, so if I was to try to reinstall same code, would it work and overwrite the custom sound code? I assume the original owner used Pinball Browser, to which I have zero experience on this front.

Thank you!

#11611 79 days ago

Go to sternpinball, support, download the last release of tron code ( make sure it’s the pro if you have a pro), copy the file to a usb stick and follow the directions in the backbox (behind the translite) to update your game . When it’s done and you reboot you will have stock firmware and the custom sounds are gone

Quoted from LordOdin:

Hello All.
I recently purchased a Tron and it came with custom sounds/music. If I wanted to revert it back to the original music/sounds how would I go about this? I did a factory reset with no luck. The machine is running the latest version, so if I was to try to reinstall same code, would it work and overwrite the custom sound code? I assume the original owner used Pinball Browser, to which I have zero experience on this front.
Thank you!

#11612 79 days ago
Quoted from MydknyteStyrm:

Random issue. In the middle of playing all of a sudden the flippers drop and the game acts like I drained. The ball is still on the playfield. I reconnected the trough cable but nothing changed. I can’t make it happen. Possibly a vibration issue on the trough switches?

You might need to reflow the solder points on both the transmitter and receiver for the trough opto boards. I had this same issue and that was the fix after reseating connectors didn’t work.

#11613 79 days ago

I just took in a HUO Tron LE loaded with 2k in mods including pinvision. I am attached to my Pro I modded and not sure if I am keeping the LE. Looking to trade for Premium/LE Bond or Premium/LE JAWS or would consider outright sale. I was thinking around 17.5? If anyone knows anyone looking for a sweet LE-let's talk.

#11614 78 days ago
Quoted from sandro:

Is that your light mod on the stock ramps? It actually looks great!

Yes its the same lights.

Quoted from sandro:

But, I actually have Jay’s other set of metal wireform ramps and LED strip lights on mine. Would it be better to sell it with the mods and try to get a premium price on it, or strip it, sell it for market price and sell (or keep) the mods separately?[quoted image]

That Tron is in amazing shape. I only sold it to you to buy Toy Story. (Mistake.). I have found the majority of buyers especially pinside buyers do not like the ramp mods I make. With the exception of you and Pomc..

#11615 78 days ago

Yes its the same lights.

That Tron is in amazing shape. I only sold it to you to buy Toy Story. (Mistake.). I have found the majority of buyers especially pinside buyers do not like the ramp mods I make. With the exception of you and Pomc..

Tron for Toy Story???

#11616 78 days ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Tron for Toy Story???

He did point out it was a mistake!

1 week later
#11617 65 days ago

My spinner keeps spinning and going crazy with points. Is the laser off target? See pictures. Is there a way to post a video here?

IMG_4920 (resized).jpegIMG_4920 (resized).jpegIMG_4921 (resized).jpegIMG_4921 (resized).jpeg
#11618 65 days ago

Are you asking about the opto in front of the spinning disc?

Yes, you can check for alignment and proper operation in the switch test menu. Just lower the shield in front in service menu and then throw a ball in to the area. Make sure you're hearing the beep once for in and once out. If that looks okay, the next thing to do is to check the adhesive rubber pad on top of the disk. I had a similar problem where a spinning disk would keep registering -- turned out that the rubber pad was lifting a bit when it spun, catching the path of the opto and registering a hit. Make sure it's tight to the plastic disk below it, or you may need to re-glue it down.

#11619 65 days ago
Quoted from MutterFudder:

Are you asking about the opto in front of the spinning disc?
Yes, you can check for alignment and proper operation in the switch test menu. Just lower the shield in front in service menu and then throw a ball in to the area. Make sure you're hearing the beep once for in and once out. If that looks okay, the next thing to do is to check the adhesive rubber pad on top of the disk. I had a similar problem where a spinning disk would keep registering -- turned out that the rubber pad was lifting a bit when it spun, catching the path of the opto and registering a hit. Make sure it's tight to the plastic disk below it, or you may need to re-glue it down.

Thanks. I Will try this

#11620 63 days ago

Hi everyone!
I would like to show you the mods I make for this fantastic pinball machine.
If you are interested, please visit www.dystopicpinball.com and contact me via email/whatsapp for further information and prices. Thank you

tron1 (resized).jpgtron1 (resized).jpgtron2 (resized).jpgtron2 (resized).jpg
#11621 63 days ago
Quoted from LittlePinner:

My spinner keeps spinning and going crazy with points. Is the laser off target? See pictures. Is there a way to post a video here?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Plug has come loose on optics. Comes loose on my brothers TRON after a while.

2 weeks later
#11622 47 days ago

Tron: Ares movie confirmed by disney and has a release date. October 10 2025.
Let's start the guessing on a tron remake again.

https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/tron-ares-first-look/

#11623 47 days ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Tron: Ares movie confirmed by disney and has a release date. October 10 2025.
Let's start the guessing on a tron remake again.
https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/tron-ares-first-look/

Short poll here, voice what you want, Programs!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-ares-all-information-leaks-and-pictures#post-8039481

1 week later
#11624 40 days ago

Anyone know what this arcade mod is worth? Had someone reach out wanting to purchase it. Thanks!

IMG_3758 (resized).jpegIMG_3758 (resized).jpegIMG_3759 (resized).jpegIMG_3759 (resized).jpeg
#11625 40 days ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

Anyone know what this arcade mod is worth? Had someone reach out wanting to purchase it. Thanks!

Depends on the version of the mod you're talking about. I know Pin_Fandango is making his v5.0 to order. The price isn't terrible for what you get. I've heard nothing but good things about his version of the arcade mod.

#11626 40 days ago
Quoted from N-Squared:

Depends on the version of the mod you're talking about. I know Saltimbanco is making his v5.0 to order. The price isn't terrible for what you get. I've heard nothing but good things about his version of the arcade mod.

Lol no, it is not @saltinbanco

It's me thanks for the comments and it makes me happy that my version is well regarded

The thread with all the mod info is below following this link:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-mini-arcade-rev-50/page/3#post-8090737

The mod in the picture above is not mine.it is an earlier version by someone else.

in the picture above all the LEDs are or seem to be dimmed or dead. Likely a 2.0 which were incorrectly wired and all LEDs burn out after a few hours of use.

My mod is wired correctly and built better.
Cheers!

#11627 40 days ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

Looks like an older (glued) 2.0 version, still really nice if it's working ok. About 320~350 USD?

The latest 5.0 version made by Pin_Fandango is 490 USD + shipping. Works even better with the kinks worked out, the latest mini screen and proper setup and resistor. It can be opened up to change bulbs.

#11628 39 days ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

It's me thanks for the comments and it makes me happy that my version is well regarded

HAHA, my bad Pin_Fandango I was on mobile and it wouldn't allow me to pull up your FS thread for some reason to link to it. Honest mistake.

#11629 39 days ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

HAHA, my bad Pin_Fandango I was on mobile and it wouldn't allow me to pull up your For Sale thread for some reason to link to it. Honest mistake.

I corrected my previous post to reflect your name properly.

#11630 37 days ago

Anyone know where you can buy replacement blue or white spinning disc rubber that truly sticks on to brand new spinning wheel mech? I bought a couple if white and it falls off a new spinning wheel after a couple of weeks.

Curious where you’re getting your replacement disc that sticks

#11631 37 days ago

You have to use something like 3m spray to hold the white spinning disc to the platter.

Quoted from delt31:

Anyone know where you can buy replacement blue or white spinning disc rubber that truly sticks on to brand new spinning wheel mech? I bought a couple if white and it falls off a new spinning wheel after a couple of weeks.

#11632 37 days ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

You have to use something like 3m spray to hold the white spinning disc to the platter.

Thanks I used some glue that was recommended here - epoxy and even that fell off!

What spray did you use?

#11633 37 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

https://pinball-mods.com/oscom/spinning-disk-p-51.html

#11634 36 days ago

Thanks that’s where I bought mine before and they fell off. I guess I’ll try again with spray.

#11635 36 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

Thanks that’s where I bought mine before and they fell off. I guess I’ll try again with spray.

I know the 3M spray is recommended here, but I couldn't get that to work.

One of my pinball friends has some high-end RC cars. He helped me with my disc, and used the glue that he uses on his RC car tires. No issues since last summer.

I couldn't tell you the exact kind/brand, but maybe try something along those lines?

#11636 32 days ago

Greetings programs, I escaped through the portal and I brought back a Tron LE with me. Was looking for a while and now this thing of beauty has made it to the collection. This game is so much fun, great shots and the AWSOME Daft punk music. Now I now why people hang on to them and rarely come up for sale.

IMG_5772 (resized).jpegIMG_5772 (resized).jpegIMG_5774 (resized).jpegIMG_5774 (resized).jpegIMG_5776 (resized).jpegIMG_5776 (resized).jpegIMG_5777 (resized).jpegIMG_5777 (resized).jpeg
#11637 31 days ago

Welcome to the club. And you got the badass Aurich topper too. Well done.

#11638 31 days ago

Yup, pretty jealous of that topper on your newly acquired LE. I'm hoping my number gets called some day for that topper so I can have one on my TRON

#11639 30 days ago

Well happy to say Tron is the first pin that I previously owned and now bought back again. Glad to be back in the club. She is a beauty.

IMG_7645 (resized).jpegIMG_7645 (resized).jpegIMG_7646 (resized).jpegIMG_7646 (resized).jpeg
#11640 30 days ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Well happy to say Tron is the first pin that I previously owned and now bought back again. Glad to be back in the club. She is a beauty.

No game looks better in chrome than tron

#11641 30 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

https://pinside.com/pinball/shops/shop/1541-pfx-pinball-mods/10223-tron-legacy-plastic-disc-insert

I had the same issue with all of the rubber and silicone discs out there. So I made my own.
Designed to fit in the clear acrylic disc, my inserts grab the ball and give it a good spin and throw without sending it out of the Recognizer chamber like a high speed bullet. Durable PLA, it won’t shred all over the playfield and is easy to install.

#11642 30 days ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Outstanding. Hold on to this one.

Quoted from delt31:

No game looks better in chrome than tron

Totally agree.

#11643 30 days ago
Quoted from MydknyteStyrm:So I made my own.
Designed to fit in the clear acrylic disc, my inserts grab the ball and give it a good spin and throw without sending it out of the Recognizer chamber like a high speed bullet..

Where's the fun in that?

#11644 30 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

Where's the fun in that?

Don’t get me wrong it still comes out fast enough. Before I tried this out the original rubber flung the ball out so fast on my machine that it cracked the left sling plastic.
This was an alternative to the existing rubber discs that frayed, didn’t stick, and just made a mess.

https://vimeo.com/938183702

#11645 29 days ago

I've had the ball come off the disc with so much spin that'll it'll travel back up the playfield of its own accord and make it up the left ramp or the orbit. I know it can't be too great for the playfield, but damned if it isn't cool to see when it happens.

#11646 29 days ago
Quoted from N-Squared:

I've had the ball come off the disc with so much spin that'll it'll travel back up the playfield of its own accord and make it up the left ramp or the orbit. I know it can't be too great for the playfield, but damned if it isn't cool to see when it happens.

Indeedy. Best toy in pinball.

#11647 29 days ago
Quoted from Oilrat:

Greetings programs, I escaped through the portal and I brought back a Tron LE with me. Was looking for a while and now this thing of beauty has made it to the collection. This game is so much fun, great shots and the AWSOME Daft punk music. Now I now why people hang on to them and rarely come up for sale.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Welcome to the club! How is my TOTAN treating you? Cool to see it's still in your collection...

Quoted from marksf123:

Is that Jason's in PBG?

#11648 29 days ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Welcome to the club! How is my TOTAN treating you? Cool to see it's still in your collection...

Is that Jason's in PBG?

Hey Snaroff , been a long time lol. Hope you’re doing well. Yes the TOTAN is still in the collection. Had a guy message me through pinside asking if I wanted to sell. Thing is bolted , Thing is still in Beautiful shape. Mike Dallas did an incredible job on it.

#11649 28 days ago
Quoted from MydknyteStyrm:

https://pinside.com/pinball/shops/shop/1541-pfx-pinball-mods/10223-tron-legacy-plastic-disc-insert
I had the same issue with all of the rubber and silicone discs out there. So I made my own.
Designed to fit in the clear acrylic disc, my inserts grab the ball and give it a good spin and throw without sending it out of the Recognizer chamber like a high speed bullet. Durable PLA, it won’t shred all over the playfield and is easy to install.

So get this - I actually ordered one from you and just installed it. Plays well although I wish it was a little more wild like the white rubber. Can you make a version that throws out a little more and I’ll accept the responsibility of broken plastics?

#11650 27 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

So get this - I actually ordered one from you and just installed it. Plays well although I wish it was a little more wild like the white rubber. Can you make a version that throws out a little more and I’ll accept the responsibility of broken plastics?

I’m working on something to amp it up. I’ll let you know.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Cumming, GA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

9,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Oakland, NE
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 26.50
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

There are 11,656 posts in this topic. You are on page 233 of 234.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/233 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.