tron1 (resized).jpg
tron2 (resized).jpg
IMG_4921 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4920 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6148 (resized).png
IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
There are 11,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 228 of 233.
#11351 10 months ago
Quoted from ray3127:

My right sling sends the ball (literally) flying at times, over the left sling & guides and into the left outlane. It will hit the side of the cabinet, which has mirror blades, and has left a couple dings in my brand new blades.
Has anybody else experienced this?
I am considering a less powerful coil. Any other ideas?

Adjust the switch to be a little less sensitive to start.

My slings gobble balls at times, i have considered lower power coils, but less sensitive switches has made a bit of difference. It still does it, but fairly infrequently.

#11352 10 months ago
Quoted from ray3127:

My right sling sends the ball (literally) flying at times, over the left sling & guides and into the left outlane. It will hit the side of the cabinet, which has mirror blades, and has left a couple dings in my brand new blades.

Are any of the posts showing damage? Launching like that would seem to indicate that the ball is getting hit low...so, anything that would cause lift or that would lower the contact point will be your culprit.

#11353 10 months ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Are any of the posts showing damage? Launching like that would seem to indicate that the ball is getting hit low...so, anything that would cause lift or that would lower the contact point will be your culprit.

Not that I'm aware of, but I will take a closer look. Thanks for this.

#11354 10 months ago
Quoted from ray3127:

Not that I'm aware of, but I will take a closer look. Thanks for this.

I'd also check the fasteners on the mech and the linkage if there are no idications of a problem on the topside.

No problem. Best of luck. Hopefully it is something real simple.

#11355 10 months ago

Past club member here, and I ran across a TRON Arcade cabinet mod I forgot I had. It's the original version, which is why I still have it, as I sold the game with the V2 I replaced it with.

Maybe someone on a budget would want it? Or perhaps it would be perfect for a route game? The arcade screen, the coolest part, works the same as the more authentic cabinet version.

Y'all know what the new one costs -- shoot me an offer (pending pics etc) if you are interested!

#11356 10 months ago
Quoted from ray3127:I am considering a less powerful coil. Any other ideas?

That’s probably not caused by too much power but some problem in the mechanics. Slings should not give airbags at all. Have a look at the mechanics and compare left and right. Something might be bent or not correct in some other way.

#11357 10 months ago

in case someone is looking for a TRON LE. My absolute mint LE is up for trade.

I am only looking to replace for Stranger Things LE. Ad in the marketplace.
Thanks!

#11358 10 months ago

!! PRODUCT ALERT !!

Pinball Life has the Metal Aprons available with Triangular Cut-Outs like the ones originally used on TRON-LE (& many other Stern Premium/LE Games).

If you're new to this Group these have been Unobtainium for quite some time (if you're not new you already knew this and have already GOT one OR STILL want one ;-}).

FYI - they come RAW / Unpainted:
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-metal-bottom-archapron-with-triangular-cutouts-raw.html

Don't forget to order these additional Parts as you'll need them to mount your new Apron after you get it Plated, Powder Coated or Painted (AND DON'T forget to cover the Six 4-40 Machine Studs on the underside of your New Apron before PC or Paint):

Two Arch Retaining Brackets
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-arch-retainer-bracket.html

Six mounting screws
https://www.pinballlife.com/6-x-38-unslotted-hex-head-screw.html

Two Apron Mounting Screws (2)
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-10-32-x-516-metal-apron-mounting-screw.html

Six 4-40 NyLok Nuts
https://www.pinballlife.com/4-40-nylon-insert-lock-nut.html

#11359 10 months ago
Quoted from Pin_-_K:

!! PRODUCT ALERT !!
Pinball Life has the Metal Aprons available with Triangular Cut-Outs like the ones originally used on TRON-LE (& many other Stern Premium/LE Games).
If you're new to this Group these have been Unobtainium for quite some time (if you're not new you already knew this and have already GOT one OR STILL want one ;-}).
FYI - they come RAW / Unpainted:
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-metal-bottom-archapron-with-triangular-cutouts-raw.html
Don't forget to order these additional Parts as you'll need them to mount your new Apron after you get it Plated, Powder Coated or Painted (AND DON'T forget to cover the Six 4-40 Machine Studs on the underside of your New Apron before PC or Paint):
Two Arch Retaining Brackets
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-arch-retainer-bracket.html
Six mounting screws
https://www.pinballlife.com/6-x-38-unslotted-hex-head-screw.html
Two Apron Mounting Screws (2)
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-10-32-x-516-metal-apron-mounting-screw.html
Six 4-40 NyLok Nuts
https://www.pinballlife.com/4-40-nylon-insert-lock-nut.html

Thanks!

#11360 10 months ago

MarklarD

You're Welcome !!

I happened to stumble across them looking for some other Apron Parts and I'm always being asked if I still have any left or know where to get them.

You may also need a set of Translucent White Apron Plastics for those Cut-Outs ;-})

https://www.kimballspinballs.com/tron-legacy/

#11361 10 months ago
Quoted from Pin_-_K:

MarklarD
You're Welcome !!
I happened to stumble across them looking for some other Apron Parts and I'm always being asked if I still have any left or know where to get them.
You may also need a set of Translucent White Apron Plastics for those Cut-Outs ;-})
https://www.kimballspinballs.com/tron-legacy/

Thanks for the heads up. I actually ended up ordering this.... https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p97/Tron-Pro-Interactive-Apron-Upgrade-Pinball-Mod.html#/

only one left now

Edit: looks like the aprons are sold out too

#11362 10 months ago

I was excited to read this and immediately followed the link...

Page Not Found
Product '' is not available at this time.

Must have sold out fast.

#11363 10 months ago
Quoted from TheBaron:

I was excited to read this and immediately followed the link...
Page Not Found
Product '' is not available at this time.

Must have sold out fast.

Contact them and put your name on a list - if it sold out that fast, they'll make more..

#11364 10 months ago

It sold out in less than 1 hour after being posted here. There definitely seems to be a need for this item. I suggest emailing them.

#11365 10 months ago

they probably made a small run, definitely reach out. they can make more on request if they have enough interest. These are clearly made by them.

#11366 10 months ago

Hey guys. Does anyone here has a set of rails by pinball refinery tgey are willing to sell?
Pic for reference

Screenshot_20230406_085220_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230406_085220_Facebook (resized).jpg
#11367 10 months ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

they probably made a small run, definitely reach out. they can make more on request if they have enough interest. These are clearly made by them.

I have contacted Terry a few times over the years regarding the apron. I always get the same response that these are no longer available. I was really surprised there were some posted recently. I have a feeling they just came across some old stock.

#11368 10 months ago
Quoted from TheBaron:

I have contacted Terry a few times over the years regarding the apron. I always get the same response that these are no longer available. I was really surprised there were some posted recently. I have a feeling they just came across some old stock.

I originally thought the same thing but since they were noted as being "RAW" [not painted/powder coated] I didn't think they could be NOS ?

AFAIK $TERN has NEVER sold any Aprons RAW?

This makes me think PBL/Terry had them remade, if that's the case I'm sure he's seeing the demand and I would think [AND HOPE] PBL will make more.

NOW - IF PBL just happened to find a stash of NOS Raw Aprons, that sadly may be be it - Fingers Crossed and I'm REALLY hoping I'm wrong as I could really use 1 or 2 for my Customers !!

I can't tell you how many requests I STILL get asking if I still have any TRON Style Metal Aprons left.

Until they tuned into Unobtainium a few years ago I always TRIED to keep a 1 or 2 in stock to sell with my TRON-Pro LED Apron Flasher Kits (a great add-on for TRON-Pro's and my Apron LED Kit's was a major an upgrade in brightness for TRON-LE's, ESPECIALLY if you also got my Translucent White Apron Plastics).

I was so busy posting and telling everyone I know I DIDN'T even get one!!
They were already gone when I went back AFTER I posted them here 8-{(

#11369 10 months ago

Taking one for the team is what it's all about.

#11370 10 months ago
Quoted from Pin_-_K:

I was so busy posting and telling everyone I know I DIDN'T even get one!!
They were already gone when I went back AFTER I posted them here 8-{(

I'm in a similar boat. I bought my Tron NIB back when they first came out and I always put off buying a metal apron and figured I'd get around to it. Then it was too late. Every once in awhile I'd take a look at the PBL site and email Terry, but no luck.

I'm also in the same situation with the ramp EL lighting. I kept putting it off because I was nervous about having to put holes in my ramps. By the time I decided to just go for it, they were gone.

#11371 10 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

Taking one for the team is what it's all about.

Quoted from TheBaron:

I'm in a similar boat. I bought my Tron NIB back when they first came out and I always put off buying a metal apron and figured I'd get around to it. Then it was too late. Every once in awhile I'd take a look at the PBL site and email Terry, but no luck.
I'm also in the same situation with the ramp EL lighting. I kept putting it off because I was nervous about having to put holes in my ramps. By the time I decided to just go for it, they were gone.

punkin
- I definitely took 1 for the Team !!

TheBarron
- I was Lucky enough to nab an LE when they were originally released - ours is actually 1 of the 9 (or 10?) NIB TRON-LE's that made their way to the DFW TX. area via FUN! Billiards and Gameroom Superstore in Mesquite TX in 2011.

https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=5707

AFAIK there are only two still here (Ken @ Pinball Rebel still has his ;-}) so I don't need either but I have a few Customers that would Love Terry/PBL to make more Aprons !

I'm sure someone will figure out the Fiber Optics for the Ramps as we've got some Genius level Folks on here working on it.

+ IMHO the new Fiber Optic Fibers are a lot brighter than they were in 2011

#11372 10 months ago

Work in progress

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#11373 10 months ago

Eggseptional.

#11375 10 months ago

I'm waiting for Ashrams if it becomes a thing a man may be able to obtain.

#11376 10 months ago

ORDERED!!! Thank you for posting that they're back in stock. I can't believe I finally got one.
Now I have to decide what I want to do with it. Keep it black, get it chromed....powder coated blue?

#11377 10 months ago
Quoted from TheBaron:

Keep it black, get it chromed....powder coated blue?

probably best to match up with whatever your side rails/lockdown bar is

if i ever get a TRON again id chrome it all up.

#11378 10 months ago
Quoted from centerflank:

probably best to match up with whatever your side rails/lockdown bar is
if i ever get a TRON again id chrome it all up.

Probably not going to be possible. I have the limited orange armor from PBL. I could try to match the orange, but I think that would be just too much orange.
I'd consider having it all redone in chrome, but chrome prices are really expensive now. I was quoted $275 for just the apron.

#11379 10 months ago

Finally equipped with ebor's Tron colorisation. It's still a WIP as the plan is to replace this by a larger HD display with 256x64 pixels resolution.

#11380 10 months ago
Quoted from usul27:

Finally equipped with ebor's Tron colorisation. It's still a WIP as the plan is to replace this by a larger HD display with 256x64 pixels resolution.

Looks amazing. Are you using an esp32 directly wired to LED panels, are is there a shield or PCB available to tie them together?

#11382 10 months ago

Nice. I wonder if we could get something like the Scorbit functionality working (minus the subscription service).

#11383 10 months ago
Quoted from sandro:

Nice. I wonder if we could get something like the Scorbit functionality working (minus the subscription service).

Definitely doable. A pattern detector is already there in DMDReader. It would only need a web service and a (relatively simple) pattern configuration.

#11384 10 months ago

Hey all. I effed up my tron le pretty bad. Long story short, I was setting up a new game next to tron and a stripped leg bolt caused it to fall into the left side of Tron and scraped the left body decal.

I’m distraught. If anyone needs amazing karma, and has a stockpiled left cab (or whole set) they would sell me, I would be so grateful.

#11385 10 months ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Work in progress

Can you tell more about this? Is it planned to have displays in there or ist this just printed images? I wuld love to have one or two video displays in the apron that are synchronized with the game.

#11386 10 months ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Hey all. I effed up my tron le pretty bad. Long story short, I was setting up a new game next to tron and a stripped leg bolt caused it to fall into the left side of Tron and scraped the left body decal.
I’m distraught. If anyone needs amazing karma, and has a stockpiled left cab (or whole set) they would sell me, I would be so grateful.

Man, I’m sorry that happened

Might be a good time to get in on the mirrored decals that are being worked on

#11387 10 months ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Man, I’m sorry that happened
Might be a good time to get in on the mirrored decals that are being worked on

Que?

#11389 10 months ago

Oh... Couldn't do it. I have a silk screened cab i think.

#11390 10 months ago
Never heard back and I had indicated I was interested. Maybe it's still in the works or he could not find an affordable printer..

#11391 10 months ago
Quoted from paynemic:

You want to put decals on a silked screened? It's going to mess up the game's Zen, man! Maybe you can 'try' to fix the damage, ask someone that is good at this or look over Pinside for solutions. Pics?

#11392 10 months ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

You want to put decals on a silked screened? It's going to mess up the game's Zen, man! Maybe you can 'try' to fix the damage, ask someone that is good at this or look over Pinside for solutions. Pics?

I didn’t even realize it was silkscreened. Totally different beast, and frankly makes my situation worse I guess. This is as it stands with zero touch up or even wiped clean. The bottom half definitely that’s a slight indentation. Upper part is smooth. Maybe able to magic eraser that?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#11393 10 months ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I didn’t even realize it was silkscreened. Totally different beast, and frankly makes my situation worse I guess. This is as it stands with zero touch up or even wiped clean. The bottom half definitely that’s a slight indentation. Upper part is smooth. Maybe able to magic eraser that?[quoted image]

Ouch.. yup, the beauty of the LE is having an original silkscreen. But it's almost impossible to fix. Just looking at it makes me sad, I feel for you man. Try removing as much as you can, maybe some fine touching up after with acrylic colors you can mix to exactly match? And when I say touch up, it's almost touching with an extremely pointy/small detailing brush. My first go to place would be to check out HEP... Paging @Pin_Fandango, he has the LE, used to have the Pro and worked on both games. He may have some insight!

#11394 10 months ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Ouch.. yup, the beauty of the LE is having an original silkscreen. But it's almost impossible to fix. Just looking at it makes me sad, I feel for you man. Try removing as much as you can, maybe some fine touching up after with acrylic colors you can much to match? And when I say touch up, it's almost touching with an extremely pointy/small detailing brush. My first go to place would be to check out HEP... Paging Pin_Fandango, he has the LE, used to have the Pro and worked on both games. He may have some insight!

Yeah the art on the LE and some Pros is silk.
Overrated imho for the crap art these games have lol so hopefully one day a better high def radcal comes out.

To fix that I can only think of two companies qualified, one is HEP and the other is TNT amusements. Probably Tnt is your best bet as I don’t think HEP is interested in partial restore jobs as these.

Good luck.

#11395 10 months ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Yeah the art on the LE and some Pros is silk.
Overrated imho for the crap art these games have lol so hopefully one day a better high def radcal comes out.
To fix that I can only think of two companies qualified, one is HEP and the other is TNT amusements. Probably Tnt is your best bet as I don’t think HEP is interested in partial restore jobs as these.
Good luck.

Yes to try TNT for some restoration work, agreed that HEP probably only wants to do full jobs, thou it wouldn't hurt to ask both for a quote. I wouldn't put radcals on a LE myself, I like to keep things original and collectors will feel the same way if he ever wants to sell his game. Radcals to replace the decals on a Tron Pro, definitely!!

#11396 10 months ago

My after-market cover for the Tron spinning disc has developed a crack. I don't recall where I bought it. Anyone know who makes these? It's light blue acrylic with an orange skirt.

IMG_20201202_131250 (resized).jpgIMG_20201202_131250 (resized).jpg
#11397 10 months ago

Probably Pinbits, so it's no longer available as far as I know.

#11398 10 months ago

Hey guys, so i really wanted to get the daft punk decal to put over the right ramp. I had one made and had to order in bulk it actually came out pretty decent. Its a little tricky with the eli kit because need to slide sticker underneath and if doesnt go up all the way it actually folds up in the bottom a tiny bit. but still looks great. Sticker is clear and good quality to it folds nicely. If anyone want some to try for just a few bucks for postage let me know.
I attached a few pictures.

20230629_091409 (resized).jpg20230629_091409 (resized).jpg20230629_093211 (resized).jpg20230629_093211 (resized).jpg20230629_093223 (resized).jpg20230629_093223 (resized).jpg
#11399 9 months ago

Almost there...

IMG_4085 (resized).jpgIMG_4085 (resized).jpg

#11400 9 months ago
Quoted from usul27:

Almost there...
[quoted image]

Ohhhh very cool!
I am in!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Trade
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

There are 11,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 228 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/228 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.