tron1 (resized).jpg
tron2 (resized).jpg
IMG_4921 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4920 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6148 (resized).png
IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
There are 11,646 posts in this topic. You are on page 220 of 233.
#10951 1 year ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

I have a proper empty cabinet for the tron game mod you can use.

Ok, that would be helpful for sure. I will let you know how far I get with the cardboard prototype, it is a 1 so it should work ok hopefully.
I am not overly concerned about this yet.

The next step is figuring out the wiring, that includes wire lengths and connector placement.
Should not be overly complicated.
Unfortunately the assembly video is long gone so I have to figure out by myself.

That said if anybody here has a mod that can be disassembled and snap a few pics of the wiring, bulb placement, connectors, etc that would be great.

I will let you know about the cab! Might need it. Thank you

#10952 1 year ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Therein lies the best use for the stand up targets, the bounce into the Gem shot. I use that every game.

I very much tried to master that particular shot, but couldn't quite hit it with any regularity.

#10953 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Ok, that would be helpful for sure. I will let you know how far I get with the cardboard prototype, it is a 1 so it should work ok hopefully.
I am not overly concerned about this yet.
The next step is figuring out the wiring, that includes wire lengths and connector placement.
Should not be overly complicated.
Unfortunately the assembly video is long gone so I have to figure out by myself.
That said if anybody here has a mod that can be disassembled and snap a few pics of the wiring, bulb placement, connectors, etc that would be great.
I will let you know about the cab! Might need it. Thank you

This video shows a cross section and placement of everything. They also talk about parts and show how it is connected.

#10954 1 year ago

What I’d be on a list for is a Discs of Tron mini cab. There’s a suitable attract video out there to grab from (I may have converted it already for that mini cab screen, I’d have to dig around). I worked on my own and have some laser files to do it out of acrylic, but it just isn’t nearly as nicely detailed as the original when done out of 1/8” thick acrylic. I already have the other Tron mini cab on mine and would add a DOT beside it if I ever finished mine or someone wanted to do a small run of them.

#10955 1 year ago
Quoted from TomN:

I very much tried to master that particular shot, but couldn't quite hit it with any regularity.

I never claimed to have mastered it, but it is a shot that I always try to bang thru off the stand ups. Sometimes it goes thru, more often it does not...but at least it offers another way to try to hit the Gem shot.

#10956 1 year ago

starting a list of the people wanting the arcade before things get crazy:
FtrMech
squirtbrnr
ZEN
dts
chrishoyle99
matlynch91
Tsunami
MMGB
guitarded
I will commit to 10 units to start with. So if you want one…. Now or never
Please if there is anyone else interested or NOT interested and your name is listed please let me know.
prototyping the new cab starts this weekend, weather and else permits.

the post can't no longer be edited.

So last piece is going to
MutterFudder

All ten spots are now taken.

Once I am half way through production, I will gauge for more interested then but I doubt I will do this again. Too much work to build these as of now I am realizing this mod was cheap at $250 therefore , I understand now why not a lot of people are making them. not a lot of interest in making it due to the small return and time involved.

Let's get 10 done and see how far I get after!

I already have a good idea as to how much effort is needed and it takes approximately 2/3 hours hours to build each, that includes assembly of the parts and parts preparation (crimping, cutting measuring and setting up for assembly), plus the cost incurred in graphic designing services (so far 2 hours editing the AI files to adjust the cabinet files). I would not hav been able to do this, but it is done now (for testing) and will have the files back sometime this weekend.
I might be able to find a way to make them faster once parts gathering is completed, and I can probably prepare them in a batch. Regardless, building each is for sure a minimum 2 hours.

That said, I expect the cost of this mod to be a little higher than previous offerings. I might have misjudged the effort needed to make it all work and the assembly time, therefore I will have to pay myself a little to cover costs.
If you want to drop out from this mod, this is your chance so it will open up the spot to someone else. I expect the cost for this first run to be $250 to $350, If nor further editing of the AI files is needed (nor further graphic artist design work needed) it will probably be around $300 USD.

Next steps, testing new files.
Finding a good printer/media to print decals and figure out a way of precut them (for your own sake)

Today's achievement:
Programming completed

Thank you
FB6C5478-E8B6-4B14-9432-BB83D1EC15EB (resized).jpegFB6C5478-E8B6-4B14-9432-BB83D1EC15EB (resized).jpeg

#10957 1 year ago

MutterFudder
Once I am half way through production, I will gauge for more interested then but I doubt I will do this again. Too much work to build these as of now I am realizing this mod was cheap at $250 therefore , I understand now why not a lot of people are making them. not a lot of interest in making it due to the small return and time involved.
I already have a good idea as to how much effort is needed and it takes approximately 2/3 hours hours to build each, that includes assembly of the parts and parts preparation (crimping, cutting measuring and setting up for assembly), plus the cost incurred in graphic designing services (so far 2 hours editing the AI files to adjust the cabinet files). I would not hav been able to do this, but it is done now (for testing) and will have the files back sometime this weekend.
I might be able to find a way to make them faster once parts gathering is completed, and I can probably prepare them in a batch. Regardless, building each is for sure a minimum 2 hours.
That said, I expect the cost of this mod to be a little higher than previous offerings. I might have misjudged the effort needed to make it all work and the assembly time, therefore I will have to pay myself a little to cover costs.
If you want to drop out from this mod, this is your chance so it will open up the spot to someone else. I expect the cost for this first run to be $250 to $350, If nor further editing of the AI files is needed (nor further graphic artist design work needed) it will probably be around $300 USD.
Finding a good printer/media to print decals and figure out a way of precut them (for your own sake)
Today's achievement:
Programming completed
Thank you
[quoted image]

Still in and happy to pay a premium for your time/work. So looking forward to this. Thank you!

#10958 1 year ago

This is what most people discover when they actually try to do mods. It's all fun to work on the idea, and then when you realize how much time it takes to actually put that idea into production it feels different.

This is why my latest Metallica hammers are $600. It's a little bit of wood, a little bit of PETG filament, little bit of leather, some inexpensive spikes—the materials aren't really expensive. But the time it takes to both design something original like that, and then babysit the laser cutter, clean the wood of all the scorch marks and apply finish, dye the leather, do all the hand assembly etc etc turns each one into hours of effort.

It's simply not worth my time to sell them for less. I'd sell more! And then I'd spend all my time trying to keep up with the extra orders and burn out.

You gotta account for your time, and measure that against the final output, and see if it makes sense.

#10959 1 year ago

Anyone have or seen the right head decal for sale, I've seen the left for sale on some sites but need the left also

#10960 1 year ago

Finally.......just need some ramp lights

20221119_141627 (resized).jpg20221119_141627 (resized).jpg
#10961 1 year ago

I messaged Eli already, but on the off chance anyone else has a link:

My Eli ramps have stopped working. There's a known bug where you need to reflash the .BIN onto the board, I've run into it before, not a big deal to do except ... the code download is on the Pinbits site, and their whole site is gone.

Anyone happen to have the latest .BIN? It's a 22kb file, such a tiny little thing, but my ramps are dead without it.

Edit: Eli hooked me up with that appears to be the right code. So I've got it if anyone else has this issue.

#10962 1 year ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Finally.......just need some ramp lights
[quoted image]

We all do.

They are cooking. I think if we are patient we will see something soon.

#10963 1 year ago

MutterFudder
Today's achievement:
Programming completed
Thank you
[quoted image]

If youy need files for the cabinet cutting let me know, i can do them no charge

#10964 1 year ago
10B0E0DC-671B-4FA8-8D9F-E34F29403CE2 (resized).jpeg10B0E0DC-671B-4FA8-8D9F-E34F29403CE2 (resized).jpeg
#10965 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

My Eli ramps have stopped working. There's a known bug where you need to reflash the .BIN onto the board, I've run into it before, not a big deal to do except ... the code download is on the Pinbits site, and their whole site is gone.
Anyone happen to have the latest .BIN? It's a 22kb file, such a tiny little thing, but my ramps are dead without it.
Edit: Eli hooked me up with that appears to be the right code. So I've got it if anyone else has this issue.

How long of a timeframe before this happens? I’ve never heard of this but interested to know the fix for sure if this comes up with mine.

#10966 1 year ago
Quoted from Flash71:

How long of a timeframe before this happens? I’ve never heard of this but interested to know the fix for sure if this comes up with mine.

Who knows, this is the second time it's happened to me, and I'm not the only one. But it's random.

#10967 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Who knows, this is the second time it's happened to me, and I'm not the only one. But it's random.

Quoted from Aurich:

Good work. What do you need to reflash it?

#10968 1 year ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Good work. What do you need to reflash it?

Just plug it into a PC and drag the .BIN file over to it. Easy as long as you have the file!

#10969 1 year ago

I just announced the Tron topper I've been teasing. Details here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-interactive-topper-pre-orders-aurich-mod

For the impatient here's the trailer directly:

#10970 1 year ago

Wow.

I just bought this for the same price your topper would cost me.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

With 2 stools.

#10971 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-interactive-topper-pre-orders-aurich-mod

Wow! Thats pretty dope. I’ll have think on this one.

#10972 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Nice work.
I see the flickering Flynns and that is great. Ashram56 and I were just talking about this to remake the flynn sing with a flicker in it (and a total redesign) so… now it will look like we copied it. Lol of course we have to get there first. Fingers crossed.

#10973 1 year ago

Nice work.
I see the flickering Flynns and that is great. Ashram56 and I were just talking about this to remake the flynn sing with a flicker in it (and a total redesign) so… now it will look like we copied it. Lol of course we have to get there first. Fingers crossed.

Haha, the N flickering is directly referencing that scene in the movie, so let's not pretend it's an idea I have any ownership of. I won't think you copied me if you do it, no worries.

#10974 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

I just bought this for the same price your topper would cost me.

I've bought some good pins (albeit in a cheaper market than now) for less than the cost of my topper.

It is what it is, when you're buying a boutique product where every bit of it is hand-made it's never going to compare favorably against factory-made products. Well, to a point. Stern's Mandalorian topper is factory-made and they did me a huge favor pricing it at $2000, helps me look reasonable!

This is the kind of thing I was referencing above in my post when I said:

Quoted from Aurich:

It's simply not worth my time to sell them for less. I'd sell more! And then I'd spend all my time trying to keep up with the extra orders and burn out.

I really caution anyone making mods to not try and sell them so cheap that you hate trying to make them in the end. I spent months designing this topper, making prototypes, programming it, commissioning my friend to make the PCB (and he'll be paid for every topper I build), etc.

The laser cutting is time intensive, and very specific, many shops won't even let me outsource some of it to them with how I do it. Assembly and soldering is time consuming. Blah blah blah.

The point is, you want something special like this, from anyone, they either are going to charge you for it appropriately, or wish they did when they have a pile of orders, no free time anymore, and burnout looming.

#10975 1 year ago

I understand, did not mean to be as rude as i sounded.

#10976 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

I understand, did not mean to be as rude as i sounded.

I took zero offense! I just see people in this thread talking about doing mods and I want to share what wisdom I've picked up in the years of doing this if it's helpful.

I know my topper is expensive. But I also see people selling things for what feels way too cheap for the labor I imagine it's costing them. Always a balancing act, but don't sell yourself short and watch out for burnout.

I'd rather pay more for a mod and know I supported the creator, but also would rather they didn't burn out and I could still get it later, instead of missing out and it's gone. We're seeing that with a lot of these Tron ramp projects now.

#10977 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Do you make a bed headboard version of this!? Looks super cool!

#10978 1 year ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Do you make a bed headboard version of this!? Looks super cool!

My laser cutter not quite big enough to make a bed headboard.

#10979 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

My laser cutter not quite big enough to make a bed headboard.

You might try using an ENCOM SHV 20905 digitizing laser ((;

#10980 1 year ago

Question on another mod I've been putting off for a while. I found the hallmark light cycles a while back and never got around to installing them on the game. I pulled them out and got the tops taken off to jump the switch wires so they're constantly on. From reading a few threads, now just soldering on wires to the battery terminals and connecting it to the game.

What's the "best" spot to connect to on the game for power? The reading output on the cycles off the battery is 4.5v; I think I read inserts are around 6v? Should the voltage be dropped to match the 4.5v? Again, "best" process for doing that?

#10981 1 year ago
Quoted from animesuperj:

Question on another mod I've been putting off for a while. I found the hallmark light cycles a while back and never got around to installing them on the game. I pulled them out and got the tops taken off to jump the switch wires so they're constantly on. From reading a few threads, now just soldering on wires to the battery terminals and connecting it to the game.
What's the "best" spot to connect to on the game for power? The reading output on the cycles off the battery is 4.5v; I think I read inserts are around 6v? Should the voltage be dropped to match the 4.5v? Again, "best" process for doing that?

You can run them off a 6V insert no problem if you'd like it to light in unison with that insert. I wired mine to be always on via the game's 5V supply (through a power splitter board like this: https://www.pinballlife.com/8-way-power-splitter-board-for-stern-pinball-machines-using-whitestar-or-sam-operating-systems.html)

1 week later
#10982 1 year ago

Tron Le playfield. Have one in a box, is there a physical diff from the pro and Le playfield?

#10983 1 year ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Tron Le playfield. Have one in a box, is there a physical diff from the pro and Le playfield?

The inserts on the LE are outlined in silver. On the pro they are orange at least around the scoop.

#10984 1 year ago

Tron le?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#10985 1 year ago

Yep, thats an LE

#10986 1 year ago

Where did you find an LE playfield? I’m Looking for one to do a swap in the near future.

#10987 1 year ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Tron le?
[quoted image]

Yes is there more of these out there? I would love a new Pro playfield to be able to swap into my pro.

#10988 1 year ago

Quick Tron arcade update:

Currently waiting for the laser cut panels to arrive so I can fit test before ordering the final version. I needed to cut one prototype which I am testing against the new dimensions of the screen. Once this is confirmed and all fits well, I will submit the Final Cut.
I am receiving the first cut in a few days, I will then quickly resubmit for the big order.

I have also sourcerd a printing company that can print and precision cut, so waiting for the panels first is key, to then measure the panels and prepare the CAD files properly for the decals.

All other parts have been ordered as well so everything is in motion.

Once all parts are here I will commence assembly which I suspect it will start sometime end of this month, so you can expect the Tron mini arcade to be available sometime January, if all goes smoothly.

I hope that is ok with the ten people on my list, It is just very slow to get the laser cut panels, then assembly, wiring, etc. Fun stuff.

I have also realized I ordered the wrong flasher (might be too big) so if it is, I will need new ones, but that is not a big deal... just might slow me down a bit.

Thanks

#10989 1 year ago

Currently waiting for the laser cut panels to arrive so I can fit test before ordering the final version. I needed to cut one prototype which I am testing against the new dimensions of the screen. Once this is confirmed and all fits well, I will submit the Final Cut.
I am receiving the first cut in a few days, I will then quickly resubmit for the big order.
I have also sourcerd a printing company that can print and precision cut, so waiting for the panels first is key, to then measure the panels and prepare the CAD files properly for the decals.
Once all parts are here I will commence assembly which I suspect it will start sometime end of this month, so you can expect the Tron mini arcade to be available sometime January, if all goes smoothly.
I hope that is ok with the ten people on my list, It is just very slow to get the laser cut panels, then assembly, wiring, etc. Fun stuff.
I have also realized I ordered the wrong flasher (might be too big) so if it is, I will need new ones, but that is not a big deal... just might slow me down a bit.
Thanks

Awesome update. Happy to wait as long as needed. My Tron isn’t going anywhere.

#10990 1 year ago

Thanks

Very okay — it takes the time it takes! Excited to hear the update.

#10991 1 year ago
Quoted from squirtbrnr:

Where did you find an LE playfield? I’m Looking for one to do a swap in the near future.

I have a few things that have been sitting in a closet. The tron mini cab with lcd mod, the playfield and a couple translights, and the center disk magnet assembly.

Quoted from squirtbrnr:

#10992 1 year ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

I have a few things that have been sitting in a closet. The tron mini cab with lcd mod, the playfield and a couple translights, and the center disk magnet assembly.

I will send you a pm

#10993 1 year ago

So who has tron Le 175, I have your playfield lol

85A7988E-5011-4051-BB8A-041FB19AC219 (resized).jpeg85A7988E-5011-4051-BB8A-041FB19AC219 (resized).jpeg9E152B2B-997A-4BFA-9318-03AE0B407DF9 (resized).jpeg9E152B2B-997A-4BFA-9318-03AE0B407DF9 (resized).jpegF50083D7-43DE-4E28-9077-FC11281836CF (resized).jpegF50083D7-43DE-4E28-9077-FC11281836CF (resized).jpeg
#10995 1 year ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

ebay.com link: itm
For those asking about a mini arcade

.. at that price, almost too good to be true!

#10996 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

.. at that price, almost too good to be true!

I suspect it will do well, too many people asked for it. I also posted the playfield

#10997 1 year ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

For those asking about a mini arcade

Dang why so cheap?

#10998 1 year ago

Its a bid item. Final price is not yet reached so it could go much higher.....

Quoted from wolffcub:

Dang why so cheap?

#10999 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Its a bid item. Final price is not yet reached so it could go much higher.....

I couldn't find the LE playfield actually..

#11000 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

I couldn't find the LE playfield actually..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,646 posts in this topic. You are on page 220 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/220?hl=arcadebar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.