(Topic ID: 54093)

Official TRON lovefest thread, I love it more than lamp!

By centerflank

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9,970 posts
  • 520 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by wolffcub
  • Topic is favorited by 148 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is TRON super awesome or are you a hater?”

• TRON is unreal, centerflank is supersmart. 426 votes
    72%
  • TRON blows, voters for this option have a small dingy :( 101 votes
    17%
  • Never played TRON, but if Centerflank likes it, it must be fun!!!! 61 votes
    10%

(588 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,512 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_2827 (resized).JPG
IMG_2826 (resized).JPG
IMG_2824 (resized).JPG
IMG_2820 (resized).JPG
IMG_2822 (resized).JPG
IMG_2819 (resized).JPG
16109259871804509237353544299887 (resized).jpg
20210115_201426 (resized).jpg
20210115_201419 (resized).jpg
20210115_171929 (resized).jpg
Tron Bumper Cap (resized).jpg
4560B79A-785B-4E82-88AE-2B53F08118F9 (resized).jpeg
4E2AD49B-3A85-406C-9DB7-AD95F15DB2CA (resized).jpeg
20210112_113818 (resized).jpg
20210112_111406 (resized).jpg
20210112_111636 (resized).jpg

There are 9970 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 200.
#1051 7 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

My plan was to find options and then get to play the two. There's a place about an hour from me that I could go to play them both. If I can get a Tron Pro for a reasonable price, that's the route I'm going to go. But right now, they're mostly sitting around $5k, and I'd like to go a bit less.
Fingers are crossed, because Tron is my dream machine.

I recommend playing an X-Men Pro too, it's a great machine despite what people have said about it in the past.

#1052 7 years ago

Definitely worth trying! X-Men is one software update from being on my short list!

Do you have an arcade in the area or a league? You may get the opportunity to play them at someone's house just from striking up a conversation. If I met someone at our local arcade that wanted to try some of my games I'd invite him over. Sharing the games is part of the fun for most of us (it helps if you bring beer too)

#1053 7 years ago
Quoted from Keebler:

I recommend playing an X-Men Pro too, it's a great machine despite what people have said about it in the past.

Quoted from Erik:

Definitely worth trying! X-Men is one software update from being on my short list!

I agree X-men pro is a wonderful machine and very much worth checking out!

#1054 7 years ago

Yeah Xmen is the shit. You have to go pro on Xmen though. It's the better choice on that title.

#1055 7 years ago

Tron Legacy was on the TV tonight. Not a terrible film. The ending, showing Vancouver B.C. was not needed.

#1056 7 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Yeah Xmen is the shit. You have to go pro on Xmen though. It's the better choice on that title.

I disagree, the LE just needs a few adjustments (mostly Wolverine related). You can drastically improve the LE by moving Wolverine to the right and bending his arm in towards his chest. I played the hell out of the pro at my local arcade and loved it... but once I got the LE and dialed it in, I couldn't play the pro anymore without missing all the added features and different feel that the LE has. That being said, I think the pro is a great machine, just don't play the LE too much if you're gonna buy one.

wolverine-remount-1.jpg

#1057 7 years ago

Really? Pro over LE? I can definitely keep my eyes peeled.

Is Avengers really a bad table? From what I've seen, it looks like a lot of fun!

#1058 7 years ago

This is AWSOME!

#1059 7 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Really? Pro over LE? I can definitely keep my eyes peeled.
Is Avengers really a bad table? From what I've seen, it looks like a lot of fun!

I would not say it's a bad table and there are plenty of people that absolutely love that table. I personally would just prefer tron or xmen over it, or even a BDK (I guess the list could go on and on.....really). Again, I suggest you play all the pins you are considering before you purchase if at all possible. Who knows you may very well like Avengers the best.

#1060 7 years ago

#1061 7 years ago
Quoted from retired_user_101:

someone's jealous of all the recent news...

tron-lamp-hates-MM.jpg 176 KB

Lamp is getting crushed right now

#1062 7 years ago

#1063 7 years ago

They are great....I had asked several months ago when they would have the Tron plastics kit you ordered in stock as it showed out of stock at the time....received and email within an hour...she said they had some in stock and she added it back to the website. Within 2 hours of asking I had ordered the set....which looks sweet BTW

Go Pinbits!

#1064 7 years ago

You guys see Vid's guide to led backlit standup targets? If that works with the Pro do it and post pics!!

#1065 7 years ago

#1066 7 years ago

Uhm.. where does one get one of those prints because I really want one.

#1067 7 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I still don't have a big problem with Gem, it's that dadgum LCMB. I feel like I must be missing something because it's rarely mentioned. Tips for the challenged?!?

I feel your pain. I can't tell you how many times I have had everything else solidly lit in SOS except for Light Cycle. And, trying to complete Light Cycle during SOS is a pain in the ass! My old strategy was trying to get LCMB and Clu at the same time and then focus on Clu now that I would have two balls. Instead, now, as soon as the ball comes out of the scoop after activating LCMB I catch the ball on the right flipper then go for the left ramp right away. After that, then hit Quorra and finish it off with on the right ramp to solidly light Light Cycle...all this while ball two is being automatically plunged into play. BEST TIP -------- If you fail to do this on the first try then try to catch one of the balls on the left flipper and hold it constantly while attempting to complete it with just the right flipper. You need the playfield clear so you can make the 3 clean shots.

Another way to get LCMB solidly lit is to try to get it and Quorra at the same time. Get all of the balls in Quorra and focus on Light Cycle. You'll probably get Gem on accident from all of the chaos therefore you'll get Quorra solidly lit. I have had this happen many times.

I reached Portal twice in yesterday and in one of those games I went straight to Portal without having to go through SOS. It was beautiful!!!

Good luck!

#1068 7 years ago

#1069 7 years ago

images.jpeg

#1070 7 years ago

#1071 7 years ago

#1072 7 years ago

#1073 7 years ago

I ended up not using the Zuse one as the factory targets at least had some "design" on them...

#1074 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I ended up not using the Zuse one as the factory targets at least had some "design" on them...

I used the Zuse ones but I am taking them off now because they are shredded. What factory design did yours have centerflank?? Mine came just plain yellow.

#1075 7 years ago

#1076 7 years ago

They just have some factory blue border on them....Curly at LittleShop has developed(or a supplier developed) plastic faced targets that are supposed to handle ball impact....LOL! that sounds funny!

#1077 7 years ago

oh great... now i have to stare at my targets for 20 minutes to figure out what you're talking about

You will take those ZUSE ones off, after about 50 games they will be shredded and look like crap.

#1078 7 years ago

#1079 7 years ago

hmmm... any adhesive clear cover worth putting on these zuse decals?

You could try wrapping with mylar, 1 strip scross the face with edges to wrap around the sides and not the top, I think that is your only shot.

#1080 7 years ago

I highly recommend getting the following set, for the recognizer decals (orange/black)...

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2669

I used them on mine and they look great, and match the Zuse target decals.

#1081 7 years ago
Quoted from Keebler:

I highly recommend getting this set, for the recognize decals (orange/black)...
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2669
I used them on mine and they look great, and match the Zuse target decals.

Ive had my recognizer decals from pinball decals.com for 800+plays and they look solid still, but those zuse decals in that set you linked is what was on mine NIB, granted I had the last run of Pro's so maybe they had added them at that point?

#1082 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Ive had my recognizer decals from pinball decals.com for 800+plays and they look solid still, but those zuse decals in that set you linked is what was on mine NIB, granted I had the last run of Pro's so maybe they had added them at that point?

Yeah, the Zuse decals from that set came on the machine, but they never added the recognizer decals. I'm not sure why because they look great and are consistent with the Zuse decals.

#1083 7 years ago

I just installed my Eli's ramp kit mod and it looks kind of dim to me. I do have a ton of LED's which might drown out the ramp brightness, but I don't think so. Here's a video of mine after install. Do you think it looks dim?? Flip it to full screen 1080p. Oh and it is my 9 year old son playing not me so don't expect spectacular gameplay.

#1084 7 years ago

I just installed my Eli's ramp kit mod and it looks kind of dim to me. I do have a ton of LED's which might drown out the ramp brightness, but I don't think so. Here's a video of mine after install. Do you think it looks dim?? Flip it to full screen 1080p. Oh and it is my 9 year old son playing not me so don't expect spectacular gameplay.
» YouTube video

The video is set to private.

#1085 7 years ago

» YouTube video

I clicked on the video and it wont play, set to private or something? You putting your privates on your TRON? Its an epidemic these days.

#1086 7 years ago
Quoted from Keebler:

The video is set to private.

There I fixed it.

#1087 7 years ago

It looks a little dim at times, but that might be just that the rest of the machine is so bright. It still looks really good. I'm looking forward to getting a set for mine, and hopefully my topper will be finished soon.

#1088 7 years ago

If you would put some freaking invisiglass on it the video would be much better...

#1089 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

If you would put some freaking invisiglass on it the video would be much better...

The glass is off in the video. My playfield just got waxed today.

#1090 7 years ago

Personally, I think the G.I. LEDs are drowning out the color of the ramps. They look great after ball drains when everything goes dark.

#1091 7 years ago
Quoted from Keebler:

It looks a little dim at times, but that might be just that the rest of the machine is so bright. It still looks really good. I'm looking forward to getting a set for mine, and hopefully my topper will be finished soon.

Did you ever get that blue "ZEN" plastic Keebler? I needed one too and Pam from pinbits sent it for free in the box with my ramp mod as a surprise. Those guys rock. You can see the blue "ZEN" plastic in the video.

#1092 7 years ago

Did you ever get that blue "ZEN" plastic Keebler? I needed one too and Pam from pinbits sent it for free in the box with my ramp mod as a surprise. Those guys rock. You can see the blue "ZEN" plastic in the video.

Yeah I did actually and I like it way better than the orange, thanks for the suggestion!

I agree, Pam is awesome, she sent mine free of charge as well

#1093 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

This is my next mod I think, it's just a little hard to drop $300 on glass

#1094 7 years ago
Quoted from Keebler:

This is my next mod I think, it's just a little hard to drop $300 on glass

anytime I hear the words DROP and GLASS in the same sentence I get really scared

#1095 7 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

anytime I hear the words DROP and GLASS in the same sentence I get really scared

Ha! yeah, bad choice of words

#1096 7 years ago

Can someone please explain what Lamp is.

#1097 7 years ago
Quoted from PinPatch:

Can someone please explain what Lamp is.

If you are serious, really serious...Anchorman.

#1098 7 years ago

Serious its driving me nuts

#1099 7 years ago

tron decal time...
have 19 high schoolers invading the casa-arcade on halloween this year. yikes...
I was just thinking I should get a few of the recently received mods on several of the pins before the party, but then realized, they wouldn't know the difference

tron-zuse-decals.jpg 616 KB

Careful. Your "S" is upside down.

#1100 7 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Careful. Your "S" is upside down.

LOL! Yes, Brett, show us pics of your targets installed!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Walnut Creek, CA
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creo Pinball
$ 139.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
There are 9970 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 200.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside