(Topic ID: 54093)

Official TRON lovefest thread, I love it more than lamp!

By centerflank

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 10,798 posts
  • 564 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 168 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is TRON super awesome or are you a hater?”

• TRON is unreal, centerflank is supersmart. 447 votes
    73%
  • TRON blows, voters for this option have a small dingy :( 105 votes
    17%
  • Never played TRON, but if Centerflank likes it, it must be fun!!!! 64 votes
    10%

(616 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

05A73361-8917-4BDC-9ADA-BB1042E67842 (resized).jpeg
20220715_162812 (resized).jpg
20220625_151505 (resized).jpg
B79656C8-E8D6-4DF4-A2DE-7C22767427FD (resized).jpeg
262650F9-32A6-4F93-ACE8-E427C444A65D (resized).jpeg
25E03AE9-00F9-4036-AA7B-BB54E5E1B357 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6254 (resized).jpeg
E2EA1E14-0310-4047-9B7F-467E7363B79D (resized).jpeg
4308D1DA-B737-4966-AB22-8D5AC824F49A (resized).jpeg
IMG_7879 (resized).JPG
IMG_0947 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
8500F2AB-5D9D-4C1F-A203-A32794DF0219 (resized).jpeg
DSCF0897[1] (resized).jpg
tron7 (resized).jpg
tron6 (resized).jpg

There are 10,798 posts in this topic. You are on page 216 of 216.
#10751 60 days ago

does anyone have a tron topper that they would be willing to sell?

#10752 59 days ago

Glad to be back in the club! Thanks Timerider for pointing me in the right direction. It’s been awhile so glad to be back. Pics coming soon!!

#10753 59 days ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

I needed to drink some ice cold lager so had to do something and not drain[quoted image]

easy ! you can do harder than that

few days ago, on TRON siamese brother (X Men), i've got the 4 balls mutliball in the scoop (yes, its possible, as on TRON too)
than if you have the key ready on the coin door, quickly open it to desactivate coils, and you're OK for more than 1 beer !!!

#10754 59 days ago

I just installed these brite mod buttons they are awesome but have a bit of light bleed even with apron on , anyone have any ideas on how to get it withiut so much bleed ?

262650F9-32A6-4F93-ACE8-E427C444A65D (resized).jpegB79656C8-E8D6-4DF4-A2DE-7C22767427FD (resized).jpeg
#10755 56 days ago
Quoted from Only68s:

does anyone have a tron topper that they would be willing to sell?

I have the Laserific one I no longer use. I went with a different topper. It was about $160 plus shipping. PM me if you’d like to discuss.

#10756 56 days ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

easy ! you can do harder than that
few days ago, on TRON siamese brother (X Men), i've got the 4 balls mutliball in the scoop (yes, its possible, as on TRON too)
than if you have the key ready on the coin door, quickly open it to desactivate coils, and you're OK for more than 1 beer !!!

I needed the pause option like on TZ, that would have been perfect!

#10757 55 days ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

anyone have any ideas on how to get it withiut so much bleed ?

You could add some black electrical tape along the top edge of the button, blocking the light from bleeding upward.

#10758 53 days ago

Good morning !! Back in the group after a year hiatus. I would like to try out some alternative music/call out mods. I’ve seen some for the LE’s but haven't been able to find any for the standard. Does anybody have ones for they could share with me ? I would greatly appreciate it.

#10760 51 days ago

Awesome ! It’s about time someone reproduced these. Well done!!

#10761 51 days ago

Absolutely. My new hero for the month.

1 week later
#10762 43 days ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Good morning !! Back in the group after a year hiatus. I would like to try out some alternative music/call out mods. I’ve seen some for the LE’s but haven't been able to find any for the standard. Does anybody have ones for they could share with me ? I would greatly appreciate it.

Alt Audio with Journey:

Welcome back program. Here’s what I’m rockin if you want to try it out - it’s snakesnsparklers mix (for standard/pro) that has the LE callouts for the targets and some music changes/improvements. I also had my buddy cleland add a Journey Separate Ways loop in for Terminate Clu mode & then to hype Portal mode up added a loop from Daft Punk’s Da Funk. The Separate Ways imo really ties the game into the movies and every time I feel like I’m going down into the secret cellar to find Clu((;
Just PM me if you want the Dropbox link.

1 week later
#10763 31 days ago

The first batch of Tron ramps are live! If you miss out on this batch, sign up for an alert and you will receive an instant notification when another batch is placed in stock. I plan to keep running batches each week until everyone who wants them is able to buy them!
I highly recommend buying cliffy protectors for the ramp entrances due to the inherent nature of this machines design.
You can order here: https://rampomatic.com/search?type=product&q=Tron

20220715_162812 (resized).jpg
#10764 31 days ago

What is the difference between the Pro and LE ramps?

#10765 31 days ago
Quoted from Tsunami:

Snap, saved me typing. My Tron pro is modded with the lights so not sure which i need

#10766 31 days ago
Quoted from Tsunami:

LE has the holes drilled to secure the light tubes via zip ties. You can easily make Pro ramps into LE ramps just by drilling the holes to secure the light tubes.

#10767 31 days ago

Cool, i'd probs take the drilled ones then as i'd break one for sure drilling.

#10768 31 days ago

I’m definitely in on a set of these. Thanks for making these. A must have for any Tron owner.

#10769 31 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

Cool, i'd probs take the drilled ones then as i'd break one for sure drilling.

I'm with punkin on that one, if someone has drilled holes that's the one I need!

Can you peeps wait until I've ordered? Leave some for me!

P.s. now, if somebody can remake Eli's, just scared it may stop working one day.

#10770 31 days ago

For those of you from overseas looking to order, let your distributor know ASAP which you would like....I am hoping to get those orders moving this coming week. I outside the USA, I distribute to:
RTBB in Australia
Pinball Center in Germany
EC Flipp in France

#10771 30 days ago
Quoted from JodyG:

For those of you from overseas looking to order, let your distributor know ASAP which you would like....I am hoping to get those orders moving this coming week. I outside the USA, I distribute to:
RTBB in Australia
EC Flipp in France

Thanks mate, i've sung out to Nino, but just in case i want the one to fit the light tubes please.

#10772 28 days ago

Just ordered a set, shipping to the US, because the price delta with European resellers is massive

#10773 26 days ago

Just got my set today. They look great! Thanks for doing this JodyG I have to imagine the right ramp will be sold out consistently. Everyone was looking for them at one point who owned a Tron.

05A73361-8917-4BDC-9ADA-BB1042E67842 (resized).jpeg
#10774 26 days ago

Ordered my new ramps from Ramp-o-Matic as well -- got them pre-drilled in the odd chance that I can someday find one of the ramp kits somewhere (or they get remade). Excited to get them!

Obigatory "If you have a ELI style kit you never installed that you want to move on, I'm you're guy" post

#10775 22 days ago

Anyone have a spare arcade scoop TRON cabinet and want to sell it to me? I’m looking for the original one that came with the table, not the upgraded one with LCD screen. Mine got cracked by an airball.

#10776 22 days ago

I believe it's the same as the one that came in the toy set. If push came to shove you could get one there. For example: ebay.com link: p

#10777 22 days ago

I don't think i've asked this before, but the only thing that really frustrates me in the way of cheap drains is that a hard hit from a fast ball will knock all 3 of my flippers down.

Can someone please tell what causes this and if there is a fix for it? Is it eos gapping or somesuch?

#10778 21 days ago

Pops are back in stock for those interested.
Vaulted one last time and will be the final run unless Stern runs the machine again.

https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p5/Tron-Pop-Bumper-Kit-Pinball-Mod.html

#10779 21 days ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Vaulted one last time and will be the final run unless Stern runs the machine again.
https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p5/Tron-Pop-Bumper-Kit-Pinball-Mod.html

I hope they run it again. If they do this mod is absolutely on my short list.

#10780 21 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

I don't think i've asked this before, but the only thing that really frustrates me in the way of cheap drains is that a hard hit from a fast ball will knock all 3 of my flippers down.
Can someone please tell what causes this and if there is a fix for it? Is it eos gapping or somesuch?

When your flippers does not catch the ball but goes down, this is mostly a problem with the hold. One of the very small copper wires is loose on your coil. I just replace the coil when I have that problem. But you write all three are knocked down? So that looks like not a specific flipper problem, doubt that all three coils are bad.

#10781 21 days ago
Quoted from JodyG:

RTBB in Australia
EC Flipp in France

I just emailed rtbb hope im not too late for a set.

#10782 21 days ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

I believe it's the same as the one that came in the toy set. If push came to shove you could get one there. For example: ebay.com link: p

Thanks for that link. That’s not the one that’s on the playfield but looks like a suitable alternative.

Still looking for a stock one if anyone has one and willing to sell.

#10783 21 days ago
Quoted from koops:

I just emailed rtbb hope im not too late for a set.

Nino said he was getting either three plus mine, or three and mine was one. I'm sure you'll be golden.

#10784 21 days ago
Quoted from PeterG:

When your flippers does not catch the ball but goes down, this is mostly a problem with the hold. One of the very small copper wires is loose on your coil. I just replace the coil when I have that problem. But you write all three are knocked down? So that looks like not a specific flipper problem, doubt that all three coils are bad.

Thank you, i'll get my tech guy to look at the switches and the wires. It's mostly the bottom left flipper i notice it, but that's just the one that get's hit the most. pretty sure i've seen them all do it.

It's a crap way to loose a ball.

#10785 21 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

Nino said he was getting either three plus mine, or three and mine was one. I'm sure you'll be golden.

I sent him 3 full sets of LE and 3 full sets of Pro's. And I'll have more soon if he runs out!

#10786 21 days ago
Quoted from squirtbrnr:

Thanks for that link. That’s not the one that’s on the playfield but looks like a suitable alternative.
Still looking for a stock one if anyone has one and willing to sell.

Sent you a pm on one.

#10787 20 days ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Made my day! Sad that I missed out last time. Order placed!

#10788 20 days ago
Quoted from caker137:

Made my day! Sad that I missed out last time. Order placed!

Too exe for me. Can't see the value, sure are nice though.

#10789 20 days ago

Balance of orders placed today will ship on Thurs.
Thanks updating site with more sets.

#10790 20 days ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Balance of orders placed today will ship on Thurs.
Thanks updating site with more sets.

Just ordered a few things, you're out of stock on those custom LED pads for the pop bumpers - planning to make more?

#10791 20 days ago

HOOKED, just ordered a few things including those chrome pops, you're out of stock on those custom LED pads for the pop bumpers - planning to make more?

#10792 20 days ago

I highly recommend the Hooked pop bumper tops! I saw them for the first time in person at MGC a few years ago and was immediately sold.

#10793 20 days ago

Agreed, love the set on my Tron.

1 week later
#10794 13 days ago

Is it possible to find the Eli ramp light (or something VERY similar) mods anywhere?

#10795 7 days ago

For those who have installed Pinduino with WS2812 ledstrip, I'm not sure I understand how the ledstrip is mounted on the ramp ? The adhesive is behind the ledstrip, yet I assume it is mounted on the exterior of the ramp, so how do you mount it ?

Thanks

#10796 7 days ago

Just a heads up that new replacement ramps have just hit the store at RTBB for us aussies for Tron.

Fill your boots boys and girls.

#10797 2 days ago

Looking for some knowledge here. My Tron LE plays fast which is fine but I’m quite sure it plays too fast so I started looking as to why that might be the case.

It looks like I have bigger coils on my flippers than prescribed in the manual.

Left flipper-
Manual calls for 23-1500 / 090-5062-ND
In the machine is 23-1100 / 090-5030ND

Right flipper-
Manual calls for 22-1080 / 090-5032-ND
In the machine is 23-900 / 090-5020-30ND

I did order some new flipper coils as prescribed in the manual, that should help.

My slings feel way over powered, but the coils are correct. I am using white rubber on the slings which could be bouncier than another color? What does the game come with in terms of type of rubber and color (I believe I’ve read the color can make a difference on bounciness, at least with flipper rubbers), and any suggestions on the most low bounce rings that will slow this game down?

New coils are on the way, just wondering if anybody had any thoughts on any of this stuff. As I wait!

#10798 2 days ago

Same with the slings, you can tame them down by switch adjustment, but there is no coil power adjustment in the menu. I was nearly at the stage of swapping for lower power coils because of balls sliding under the rubber and getting stuck in the slings. bu switch adjustments have reduced it to 1in 50 or 70 games glass off maybe?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
$ 599.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
€ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Dystopic Pinball
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
There are 10,798 posts in this topic. You are on page 216 of 216.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!