IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3026 (resized).png
IMG_3018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
TRON_SpinDisc Mounted (resized).jpg
IMG_5680 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1247 (resized).jpeg
There are 11,635 posts in this topic. You are on page 215 of 233.
#10701 2 years ago

Looking harder at the inserts now, is the Tron standup's a multi ball? Don't think i've ever seen that.

#10702 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Thank you that makes sense. The last time i got it there were a stack of initial huge jackpots before it started, this time less, a lot less. I understand now that they must have been completed modes, but i didn't look as to what was lit to shoot as i didn't know what was happening.
That's a cool way to code it.

It's simply an opportunity to finish the modes you haven't completed.

If you have started all modes and completed all modes, hit the scoop -> you get Portal wizard mode
If you have started all modes and not completed all modes, hit the scoop -> you get Sea of Simulation and you try to finish the modes you haven't yet finished

In Sea of Simulation, you step through each mode you haven't yet completed (flashing, but not solid lit in the ladder), giving you the opportunity to collect the missing shots you need for each mode. Finish the shots for the mode, immediately advance to next mode. Modes that were completed prior to starting SoS are skipped and awarded as points.

SoS is your condensed chance to finish any unfinished modes without having to make all the shots to re-qualify the mode. But Drain out, and SoS ends and you must finish all the unfinished modes the old fashioned way... Hit all the qualifying shots and finish the mode. No SoS again.

SoS some of the best audio and anticipation building in all of pinball.

#10703 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Looking harder at the inserts now, is the Tron standup's a multi ball? Don't think i've ever seen that.

No. The TRON standup targets on the left award double scoring, multipliers on spinners, and multipliers on pop bumpers. Have all three scoring enhancements lit by hitting the targets to spell T-R-O-N and you will complete the TRON insert. It's one of the few modes that can be completed during any other active mode (including multi ball modes).

#10704 2 years ago

Thank you. I am enjoying the smaller lessons. It's stuff i can remember if i learn it one thing at a time. I know i can get all the info from a rulesheet or a papa vid, but i forget it all as soon as i walk away. And i really do want to learn the rules to this game because it's something that i hope to keep for a long time.

Beer. Whatcha gunna do?

#10705 2 years ago

Does anyone know what would make the spinning disc not work now and then?

A couple days ago it did it first and has done so again where the first few shots into the disc are fine, then the disc stops and it doesn't register a hit when shot in there.

next ball it's fine again.

#10706 2 years ago

Lift the play field and check the 4 white ceramic resistors that are towards the very back of the play field near the motor but to the right side. If one or more of those are cracked or the lead has pulled out of one, it can cause issues with the motor spinning.

As for not registering a hit, that would be an opto board I think the front one, maybe the back one too. Reseat those connectors and check alignment.

Check these functions in the switch test and game test modes in the service menu.

#10707 1 year ago

Hi guys,

I just installed the flipperfidelity 10" system in my Tron, and I am quite annoyed.
Sound quality is great, but how do I balance the sound to have the voices loud and clear, like the sound fx?
I played with the options in the menu (speech and music volume) but no luck.
Anyone solved that?

#10708 1 year ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Hi guys,
I just installed the flipperfidelity 10" system in my Tron, and I am quite annoyed.
Sound quality is great, but how do I balance the sound to have the voices loud and clear, like the sound fx?
Anyone solved that?

What was the issue you had when using the volume options in the menu? Even at the max or min settings you could not achieve the mix you wanted?

#10709 1 year ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

What was the issue you had when using the volume options in the menu? Even at the max or min settings you could not achieve the mix you wanted?

clearly.
Voices are always too low compared to the other sounds.

#10710 1 year ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

clearly.
Voices are always too low compared to the other sounds.

If you have already tried setting voice attenuation to the lowest setting and music attenuation to the highest setting and are still experiencing this that's very odd. Unfortunately I have never heard of this problem before and don't really know how to fix it, sorry.

#10711 1 year ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Hi guys,
Anyone solved that?

I haven’t tried FF in my Tron, but I have an external Polk sub underneath and I love it. The bass is deep and rumbles. It’s my only game I’m not allowed to play at night when my peeps are sleeping upstairs. The voices are very loud and clear. I can hear Jeff B saying “The Grid…” in my head whenever I think of that game. I hope you can get your FF balanced.

#10712 1 year ago

Ace! Just got GC and knocked the last owner off. Was in SoS and needed the Tron shots, everything else was done. I thought i was spossed to be hitting the standups as they were flashing.
It was only as i watched the ball drain that i saw the blue lights under ramps and orbits.

Anyhows, i'll know next time.

#10713 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Trawled through the images of the whole thread and saw that.
Also saw a dep blue metallic one that looked good. But haven't seen any other colours. I'd do a great black before i did chrome, are the lit rails still available? Saw one with custom airbrushing that looked good, come to think of it, air brushing might be the go?
There's a local artist to me that i've been meaning to stop in and talk pinball to.

Personally think airbrushed rails look crass as even the so called professionally done ones still look very amateurish (reminds me of those wicked campers - https://mumbrella.com.au/wicked-campers-ad-standards-100-433457 ) meanwhile the chrome rails are just timeless. In the end its you're machine do what you like!

#10714 1 year ago

I have a NOS left ramp with my game. I don’t see why I would need that since I have the metal ramp protectors.
So… if anyone wants it PM me with an offer.

#10715 1 year ago
Quoted from TrekTobbyGermany:

I think it's 2 1/2" instead of 2 3/4", but not definitely sure, sorry. Could 2" instead of 2 1/2" also. Check your Superbands. I'm pretty sure, they fit some loose, causing this issue. Measure your up to be sure and order one size smaller. I would also recommend standard rubber for home use, but that's just my preference.

TITAN now makes 2 1/4... and I ordered some for mine. I have noticed on my TRON 2 1/2 actually has too much slack and prevents the ball from easily going down the inlane behind it.

#10716 1 year ago
Quoted from Faust:

I have a NOS left ramp with my game. I don’t see why I would need that since I have the metal ramp protectors.
So… if anyone wants it PM me with an offer.

I'm surprised if people haven't already beaten your door down about the left ramp. I've always seen it referred to on this forum as unobtanium. I would certainly have gotten it from you except I was fortunate enough to find one pup up on eBay. I had to pay dearly for it but it was worth it since they don't make them anymore

#10717 1 year ago

question: I bought aftermarket silicon rings for the disc (Pinball center).

Now this is really an upgrade in terms of agressively slamming the ball back into play.
It’s a bit too much maybe even, it almost goes through the glass sometimes .

Anyway, these rings don’t stick well and during play the double sides scotch lets go under the ring.
Whats the best way to fix it?
Anyone else here has them?

#10718 1 year ago
Quoted from Faust:

question: I bought aftermarket silicon rings for the disc (Pinball center).
Now this is really an upgrade in terms of agressively slamming the ball back into play.
It’s a bit too much maybe even, it almost goes through the glass sometimes .
Anyway, these rings don’t stick well and during play the double sides scotch lets go under the ring.
Whats the best way to fix it?
Anyone else here has them?

I had the same thing happen to mine.

I totally removed them, cleaned them with alcohol and let dry. I then used this adhesive spray on the rings, let it then dry a bit to get tacky before reinstalling.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

https://www.bunnings.com.au/selleys-150g-kwik-grip-spray-contact-adhesive_p1230081

1 week later
#10719 1 year ago

Is the LE worth it? Are they coming down at all in price or still crazy?

#10720 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Well there’s a NIB in the marketplace that’s come down in price a bit. It’s a great pin (yes I’m biased because I own one) but fairly simple in ruleset and play. Is it worth as much as what I paid for it 7 months ago? Probably not as at that time I thought I was overpaying for one.

#10721 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

I'm a pro owner who modded it like crazy to get it as LE-worthy as possible. The hard part (for me) is getting the ramp lights on. There are good options out there but its real work getting the ramps off and punching holes through the ramp plastic. There are options to tape them to the ramps but those never works out well for any period of time as the adhesive would break down and the lights would fall out of place.

Really the only mod that is better than the custom ramp lights is the greatest pinball mod of all time (imo), the Tron arcade that has a video screen built in.

Anyways, if I had to do it all over again, I would go the LE route. Good luck!

#10722 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

I owned an LE and now own a heavily modded Pro (with the Eli ramp kit). When the LE's started selling for over 20k, I let my LE go. Don't miss it at all. One of the greatest LE's of all-time (since Premium's didn't exist). "Daft Punk Multi-ball" (unique to the LE) was a pretty big disappointment.

My heavily modded Pro has much nicer chrome armor and apron (Stern's chrome on the LE didn't age well at all). The higher resolution decals are also nicer on the Pro. I also prefer the "TRON" switch targets over drop-down targets (which is odd, since I usually prefer drop-downs). Considering the difficulty of making the GEM shot, it's easier to bank the ball by hitting the TRON targets.

IMG_0947 (resized).jpegIMG_0947 (resized).jpeg

#10723 1 year ago

One of you Tron guys tell me what an original, unplayed Trailer #3 film reel is worth. I literally can't find any for sale anywhere heh.

#10724 1 year ago

Just wish someone would pick up on the ELI kits (or the RedShift kit). Found a stock old pro last year and I'm really jonesin' for the awesome ramp lighting.

#10725 1 year ago
Quoted from Frax:

One of you Tron guys tell me what an original, unplayed Trailer #3 film reel is worth. I literally can't find any for sale anywhere heh.

Original Tron or Tron Legacy? Tron 1982 35mm print for the trailer is anywhere between 90$ to 150$, depending on the quality.

Tron Legacy, probably 50$ to 90$. They made a lot of those.

You see printed cells sold as 'original' and framed/sold with a poster. These cells are not original, just copies of copies. The originals are vaulted.

#10726 1 year ago
Quoted from MutterFudder:

Just wish someone would pick up on the ELI kits (or the RedShift kit). Found a stock old pro last year and I'm really jonesin' for the awesome ramp lighting.

Yeah, at one point this will become a real issue when people will need to replace those.. nothing compares with ELI kits unfortunately.

#10727 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I owned an LE and now own a heavily modded Pro (with the Eli ramp kit). When the LE's started selling for over 20k, I let my LE go. Don't miss it at all. One of the greatest LE's of all-time (since Premium's didn't exist). "Daft Punk Multi-ball" (unique to the LE) was a pretty big disappointment.
My heavily modded Pro has much nicer chrome armor and apron (Stern's chrome on the LE didn't age well at all). The higher resolution decals are also nicer on the Pro. I also prefer the "TRON" switch targets over drop-down targets (which is odd, since I usually prefer drop-downs). Considering the difficulty of making the GEM shot, it's easier to bank the ball by hitting the TRON targets.
[quoted image]

Beauty! I prefer the 3D translite in the game, but cool setup framed next to Tron! Agree with what you said..!

#10728 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Original Tron or Tron Legacy? Tron 1982 35mm print for the trailer is anywhere between 90$ to 150$, depending on the quality.
Tron Legacy, probably 50$ to 90$. They made a lot of those.
You see printed cells sold as 'original' and framed/sold with a poster. These cells are not original, just copies of copies. The originals are vaulted.

Legacy, heh. I paid nowhere near 50 bucks for it years and years ago, so that'd be a pretty good gain, actually. It's an original reel sent to theatres, still sealed with the "must be returned to Disney on request" spiel and other stickers. Heh.

#10729 1 year ago
Quoted from Frax:

Legacy, heh. I paid nowhere near 50 bucks for it years and years ago, so that'd be a pretty good gain, actually. It's an original reel sent to theatres, still sealed with the "must be returned to Disney on request" spiel and other stickers. Heh.

Lol, you're going straight to the Disney jail!

Actually, while on the topic I haven't seen any IMAX 70mm trailers that were intact, probably those would be worth more because of the sheer size of the cells - they actually show real well when framed. Each IMAX cell is worth about 5-10 bucks.

The 35mm version you have, a collector could use this. But cells don't show as good as with the IMAX of course. Just owning it I guess.

Noteworthy: most IMAX copies were destroyed, e.g. those are HUGE! But very unfortunate, because collectors would eat those up. Also really sad that it's next to impossible to see Tron Legacy in it's original glory in IMAX format. Rare event if you ever see it come to a theatre near you! The movie was made to show in that format.

#10730 1 year ago

Put some art blades on a while ago from tilt. Wish I did it sooner.

IMG_7879 (resized).JPGIMG_7879 (resized).JPG
#10731 1 year ago
Quoted from MutterFudder:

I made my own kit from random Amazon stuff. Pretty cool though, it is interactive with the game in that it changes with sound if you want it to

#10732 1 year ago

Yeah, I actually bought it because I saw people chopping up trailer reels to sell pieces of them as collectibles, didn't figure many would survive. Even now, there's a TON of those for sale, but not a single full trailer reel....

#10733 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

[quoted image]

Who did you get your chrome armor from? I've considered chroming out my pro and yours looks amazing.

#10734 1 year ago

Kev, I had my previous Tron chromed from here and it came out amazing:

https://pinballplating.com/

Chris is great to deal with too.

#10735 1 year ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Who did you get your chrome armor from? I've considered chroming out my pro and yours looks amazing.

Thanks! The amazing Mike Chestnut I believe, who passed in 2016.

#10736 1 year ago

snaroff this is really great feedback, thank you for sharing. I remember you had an amazing LE. I was not able to afford an LE. I was able to get a hold of a phenomenal pro, that has the Eli kit, arcade mod, laser cut chrome (from pinball plating as well) rails, and a bunch more. After having my pro and then playing an LE, I’m so glad to have my Pro and the extra 12+k it would have cost me I can buy a ton of lifetime supply of cheeseburgers with

4308D1DA-B737-4966-AB22-8D5AC824F49A (resized).jpeg4308D1DA-B737-4966-AB22-8D5AC824F49A (resized).jpegE2EA1E14-0310-4047-9B7F-467E7363B79D (resized).jpegE2EA1E14-0310-4047-9B7F-467E7363B79D (resized).jpeg
#10737 1 year ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

snaroff this is really great feedback, thank you for sharing. I remember you had an amazing LE. I was not able to afford an LE. I was able to get a hold of a phenomenal pro, that has the Eli kit, arcade mod, laser cut chrome (from pinball plating as well) rails, and a bunch more. After having my pro and then playing an LE, I’m so glad to have my Pro and the extra 12+k it would have cost me I can buy a ton of lifetime supply of cheeseburgers with [quoted image][quoted image]

Wow...your Pro looks sharp! Congrats.

Yeah, it's funny...I bought my TRON LE in 2018 and paid 10.5k for it (and shipped it from NJ=>FL). At the time, TRON LE's were fairly hard to find and 10.5k was consider "top dollar". The game sat on Pinside for months IIRC...the seller was very patient. One of the really cool things the LE came with were brand new LE ramps! So if/when my Pro ramps ever wear out, I have brand new pre-drilled LE ramps to install! In today's market, I can't imagine what the ramps are worth.

Another odd detail is right after committing to purchasing the TRON LE in 2018, a local pinball buddy in Florida offered me his for ~8.5k! I almost bought it, but decided to pass (since I'm not a hoarder/retailer). The COVID pinball bubble is sometimes hard to fully grok.

#10738 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Also really sad that it's next to impossible to see Tron Legacy in it's original glory in IMAX format. Rare event if you ever see it come to a theatre near you! .

My local Imax had sessions last year. This is where I originally saw it when it came out.

https://twitter.com/IMAX_Melbourne/status/1368411595991359490
https://imaxmelbourne.com.au/movie/tron-legacy-3d

#10739 1 year ago
Quoted from koops:

My local Imax had sessions last year. This is where I originally saw it when it came out.
https://imaxmelbourne.com.au/movie/tron-legacy-3d

I'm just hoping it will come back in Canada for some special presentation. Tron is fantastic on an IMAX screen..!

3 weeks later
#10740 1 year ago

Finally got lighted bikes for my playfield, love them, makes a huge impact over those other smaller toys. Also got my 86 pixels LCD display installed
Moving recognizer works really good, just need to change it lighted one and I think Im done with mods for a while!

Dont come out with anymore for a long time please!

IMG_6254 (resized).jpegIMG_6254 (resized).jpeg
#10741 1 year ago

Are new ramps available for these? Both mine are broken at the entrances.

I'm aware of the wireform ones that are under development, but it seems to have stopped?

#10742 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Are new ramps available for these? Both mine are broken at the entrances.
I'm aware of the wireform ones that are under development, but it seems to have stopped?

Would be good to know, I’d love to have backup spare ramps

#10743 1 year ago

I believe Ramp-O-Matic announced at a recent show that they'd be working to make Tron ramps available as their next project. Don't know the timeline but I'd guess before the year is out?

#10744 1 year ago

Excellent. Do they run a thread here where we can keep up with releases?

#10745 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Excellent. Do they run a thread here where we can keep up with releases?

Yessir

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ramp-o-matic-ramp-thread

#10746 1 year ago

Check out my pimpy pro with the interactive back panel, moving recoginizer, and DIY halogram fan that fires up whenever the disc moter turns on. I mixed 3D animation that I made with real footage.

#10747 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Check out my pimpy pro with the interactive back panel, moving recoginizer, and DIY halogram fan that fires up whenever the disc moter turns on. I mixed 3D animation that I made with real footage.

That's a good idea, but isn't the hologram fan not too noisy? I have a two blade version, and it's like a helicopter taking off....

#10748 1 year ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

That's a good idea, but isn't the hologram fan not too noisy? I have a two blade version, and it's like a helicopter taking off....

It's absolutely noisy but my gameroom is louder.

#10749 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

It's absolutely noisy but my gameroom is louder.

Not by much...that fan sounds like my drone right next to my head.

#10750 1 year ago

I needed to drink some ice cold lager so had to do something and not drain

25E03AE9-00F9-4036-AA7B-BB54E5E1B357 (resized).jpeg25E03AE9-00F9-4036-AA7B-BB54E5E1B357 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Beach, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,635 posts in this topic. You are on page 215 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/215?hl=nihonmasa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.