IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3026 (resized).png
IMG_3018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
TRON_SpinDisc Mounted (resized).jpg
IMG_5680 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1247 (resized).jpeg
There are 11,635 posts in this topic. You are on page 213 of 233.
#10601 2 years ago

You have to play through all the other modes again to activate sea of simulation again. Draining ends the mode, like you said.

#10602 2 years ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

Relatively new to Tron and quick rule question.
How do you re-activate Sea of Simulation?
I lit all modes on Ball 1. Ball 2 got the scoop/skill shot but the SOS animations ate up my ball save and the bounce off the scoop eject drained my ball damnit!
3rd ball and I thought I’d still be in the Sea but alas I was back to normal gameplay. Scoop didn’t start SOS again. What do you do to re-activate that mode?
Cheers!

"Before getting into the SoS completion rules, it's worth noting that you
may only play SoS once during each progression towards qualifying for
Portal MB. So if you crash and burn on SoS, you have to complete any
unlit stage the old-fashioned way and cannot requalify for SoS again
(unless you play Portal and start all over again)."

https://groups.google.com/g/rec.games.pinball/c/iHvfeiha8hU?pli=1

#10603 2 years ago

Ah thanks for that. Sudden death! That’s harsh lol

#10604 2 years ago

Hi all I m looking for the set or left ramp for my Tron pro, any help will be very appreciated! Thanks Rillo

#10605 2 years ago
Quoted from Rillo:

Hi all I m looking for the set or left ramp for my Tron pro, any help will be very appreciated! Thanks Rillo

Unfortunately you’re looking for something that doesn’t exist anymore. Many of us have tried to find these. Best I was able to do is buy a set of Cliffys and hope it covers all of the damaged sections

#10606 2 years ago
Quoted from Newtothis:

Unfortunately you’re looking for something that doesn’t exist anymore. Many of us have tried to find these. Best I was able to do is buy a set of Cliffys and hope it covers all of the damaged sections

Thanks

#10607 2 years ago

This guy is going to make wire forms for the ramps instead of plastic ones. It will hopefully be a nice option.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-wireform-ramps-mod-/page/2#post-6708780

#10608 2 years ago

Made a Disk War combatant mod. I am working on the other colors so far I have a metallic blue.
Going to try out some neons next on it.

20220118_013649 (resized).jpg20220118_013649 (resized).jpg20220118_013803 (resized).jpg20220118_013803 (resized).jpg20220118_014037 (resized).jpg20220118_014037 (resized).jpg
#10609 2 years ago
Quoted from Ramrod215:

Made a Disk War combatant mod. I am working on the other colors so far I have a metallic blue.
Going to try out some neons next on it.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Pretty cool, nice details! You could actually have the discs replaced with small/edged fluorescent acrilic discs for full effect - unless you can 3D those using that kind of material? Dunno too much about printing.. but great work, program!

#10610 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Pretty cool, nice details! You could actually have the discs replaced with small/edged fluorescent acrilic discs for full effect - unless you can 3D those using that kind of material? Dunno too much about printing.. but great work, program!

I did something similar with a blue translucent washer. I just ordered a figure that comes with a mini identity disc, so I’ll have to see which looks best!

FA9FEFD8-21D1-4392-831D-73589766E59E (resized).pngFA9FEFD8-21D1-4392-831D-73589766E59E (resized).png
#10611 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Let me see what I can do/figure out

#10612 2 years ago
Quoted from Lemank:

This guy is going to make wire forms for the ramps instead of plastic ones. It will hopefully be a nice option.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-wireform-ramps-mod-/page/2#post-6708780

Wire forms would be fast as shit!!!!

#10613 2 years ago

Hey folks need a little help. I am having what i think to be an opto issue in my trough.
The symptoms:
- Occasionally kills the flippers mid game and plays end of ball music and obviously drains your ball that is in play
- Occassionally will not launch a ball (all 4 balls in the trough) and goes into ball search mode.

Originally i thought I had a magnetization issue with the balls. I have replaced them, and still having the issue. I have tested the switches all seem to work... I will say the "last switch #18" the last opto sensor seems to be very sensative?

Any thoughts?
Thank you

#10614 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Hey folks need a little help. I am having what i think to be an opto issue in my trough.
The symptoms:
- Occasionally kills the flippers mid game and plays end of ball music and obviously drains your ball that is in play
- Occassionally will not launch a ball (all 4 balls in the trough) and goes into ball search mode.
Originally i thought I had a magnetization issue with the balls. I have replaced them, and still having the issue. I have tested the switches all seem to work... I will say the "last switch #18" the last opto sensor seems to be very sensative?
Any thoughts?
Thank you

Have you reseated the trough switch connector?

#10615 2 years ago

Thank you do you mean the one that connects directly to the optos?

#10616 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Thank you do you mean the one that connects directly to the optos?

Yes

2 weeks later
#10617 2 years ago

we will do a re-run of the speaker panels

I have the offer now

1 panel + shipping is $ 190,-
2 panel + shipping $ 325,-

please let me know via PM today

tom

74f0a783cc0b19a040f88bccc0716b3dd72947f3 (resized).jpg74f0a783cc0b19a040f88bccc0716b3dd72947f3 (resized).jpg
#10618 2 years ago

Well after almost 5 years my TRON has moved to another home to be enjoyed....got a fair trade for it (Mando Premium plus some $$$). Luckily it has gone to a friend's house, so not too far....

One last video:

I have also just listed a NOS Right plastic ramp I had bought for it a few years back as a backup and never needed it, part number #510-5134-00. Here's a link to it:

ebay.com link: itm

#10619 2 years ago

What ramp light kit is that?

#10620 2 years ago
Quoted from barakawins:

What ramp light kit is that?

Honestly I never found out, it was on the pin when I got it. Never could find an identifying mark on the PCBs that were installed to support it.

#10621 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Honestly I never found out, it was on the pin when I got it. Never could find an identifying mark on the PCBs that were installed to support it.

Can you send some pics of the pcb and/or led driver boards that light this? Looks good.

#10622 2 years ago
Quoted from barakawins:

Can you send some pics of the pcb and/or led driver boards that light this? Looks good.

Like I said earlier, it's already been traded, don't know when I'll get an opportunity to do that....

#10623 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Like I said earlier, it's already been traded, don't know when I'll get an opportunity to do that....

Ah got it. Thought it may not have been picked up yet.

#10624 2 years ago

Based on the timing, it looks like Eli/Pinbits. Do either of these pictures ring a bell?

72328c157940e027635875b0c7af3145a6e3a5c0 (resized).jpg72328c157940e027635875b0c7af3145a6e3a5c0 (resized).jpgb272040bc588164f345ff98f138e2e067e21725f (resized).jpgb272040bc588164f345ff98f138e2e067e21725f (resized).jpg
#10625 2 years ago

Wow, I've never seen an Eli kit before. Can someone confirm if the kit in this tron is an eli kit?

#10626 2 years ago
Quoted from barakawins:

Wow, I've never seen an Eli kit before. Can someone confirm if the kit in this tron is an eli kit?

Yep, I can confirm the ones in the second pic are the kits installed on my (now ex-)TRON. That upper pic is not familiar at all.

#10627 2 years ago

So, that's a production Eli/Pinbits kit. The first picture is the beta Eli hardware.

#10628 2 years ago
Quoted from herg:

So, that's a production Eli/Pinbits kit. The first picture is the beta Eli hardware.

That's some good info man. For sure.

1 week later
#10629 2 years ago

Who wants to play for dollars against my 9yo boy?

He got to SOS on the next ball, but I goofed & didn't record it. Drat!

Thanks,
-Jason

#10630 2 years ago

1 NOS available speaker panel stainless steel

31682d86cb5c302e94f8c50abf78a15449b3854d (resized).jpg31682d86cb5c302e94f8c50abf78a15449b3854d (resized).jpg
#10631 2 years ago

Hi everyone,

I would be looking for the clear orange acrylic that I have seen on some machines, that sits on the right side of the arcarde, creating a "bridge" above the lane with the switch which triggers the Flynn mission. I'm having a hard time finding a link, would you have something ?

Thanks and regards

#10632 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Hi everyone,
I would be looking for the clear orange acrylic that I have seen on some machines, that sits on the right side of the arcarde, creating a "bridge" above the lane with the switch which triggers the Flynn mission. I'm having a hard time finding a link, would you have something ?
Thanks and regards

That was part of the Pinbits plastic protector kit. Unfortunately they seem to have pretty much disappeared these days...

#10633 2 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

That was part of the Pinbits plastic protector kit. Unfortunately they seem to have pretty much disappeared these days...

Bummer... Well if someone who has one was kind enough to perform a scan of the plastic so that I can manufacture it using a laser cutter, I would be very grateful

#10634 2 years ago

I think Tron is like my favorite game right now, love it. I still have old incandescent bulbs, is the switch to LED worth it?
Thanks

#10635 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I think Tron is like my favorite game right now, love it. I still have old incandescent bulbs, is the switch to LED worth it?
Thanks

Absolutely. I think cool white LEDs look great on Tron and are a huge improvement over incandescents. Some tasteful blue and orange look nice too IMO. I also recommend a trough LED strip (Comet sells them) but I recommend that for every game. Here's mine with LEDs:

0d636792ffd16b1996ab547367c7b9c81b943ad7 (resized).jpg0d636792ffd16b1996ab547367c7b9c81b943ad7 (resized).jpg

#10636 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Absolutely. I think cool white LEDs look great on Tron and are a huge improvement over incandescents. Some tasteful blue and orange look nice too IMO. I also recommend a trough LED strip (Comet sells them) but I recommend that for every game. Here's mine with LEDs:
[quoted image]

Where do you put the LED strips? In the back instead of the normal lamps?

#10637 2 years ago
Quoted from JvdS:

Where do you put the LED strips? In the back instead of the normal lamps?

The trough strip has a self adhesive backing you just stick to the back of the trough and attach to a nearby GI bulb. Very easy to install. Mine is cool (natural) white.

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/outhole-lighting-kit

#10638 2 years ago

I did the blue trough light and orange under the arcade

80021263-EDBB-402B-85DF-D43651996C01 (resized).jpeg80021263-EDBB-402B-85DF-D43651996C01 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#10639 2 years ago

Hey guys, can i join your club?

Got my Tron pro last night. What an absolutely amazing pinball machine.

I never expected it to be so beautiful. I thought i had the most beautiful pinball machine in the world with my Sunset riders, but the backglass on tron is a masterpiece.

The art package is incredible seeing as they used movie assets, so much better than the effort made on spiderman.

The gameplay?

What can i say, i never knew they made a pinball as tough as this one, only had a couple games over 10m so far.
Mostly it's just 'that can't of been the last ball again?'.

Never expect to find a tougher game. I thought Rob Zombie was fast but this makes it seem like an EM.

So damn impressive.

tron2 (resized).jpgtron2 (resized).jpg

#10640 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I never expected it to be so beautiful. I thought i had the most beautiful pinball machine in the world with my Sunset riders, but the backglass on tron is a masterpiece.
The art package is incredible seeing as they used movie assets, so much better than the effort made on spiderman.
The gameplay?
What can i say, i never knew they made a pinball as tough as this one, only had a couple games over 10m so far.
Never expect to find a tougher game.
So damn impressive.
[quoted image]

Well I'll be damned, punkin finally made it here from that Haggis thread, lol! welcome to the club! and yeah, Tron is that good of a game! I hope you have a subwoofer under it, it's a must!

#10641 2 years ago

I have a sub down the back i used to use in DP until i put pinwoofer in it. maybe i'll just pinwoofer this thing instead if it hasn't already got it.

#10642 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

The gameplay?
Never expect to find a tougher game. I thought Rob Zombie was fast but this makes it seem like an EM.
So damn impressive.
[quoted image]

Welcome! I mortgaged the old homestead in 2018 to bring my loaded Tron pro from Texas, which I was so happy with, and I still think it’s the total package. Art package is dazzling, sound is killer and it’s fairly simple yet fast, smooth and punishing. Newbies get crushed on this pin at my house, and I still haven’t reached Portal. Congrats on adding yours! I agree with the above, add a sub underneath and let it rumble.

#10643 2 years ago

Cheers guys. took the superbands off and put rubbers on, at least now i'm tween ten and twenty most games and starting the odd multiball.

Hate superbands.

images (6) (resized).jpgimages (6) (resized).jpg

1 week later
#10644 2 years ago

hey guys I need help with my Tron cant figure this one out. I set the volume usually to around 21-22. No issues. Then randomly I come turn the machine on and the volume automatically jumps to 45 and scares the crap out of me. What could be causing these random volume increases?
Thanks

#10645 2 years ago

Anyone know how to stop this besides double rubbering? Always on the right sling. Maybe every ten games?

#10646 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

hey guys I need help with my Tron cant figure this one out. I set the volume usually to around 21-22. No issues. Then randomly I come turn the machine on and the volume automatically jumps to 45 and scares the crap out of me. What could be causing these random volume increases?
Thanks

The only thing I can think of is maybe it is registering a volume up input from the coin door somehow? Someone smarter than me could tell you how to check/test that switch and connections. But I would start there if it was me.

#10647 2 years ago
Quoted from shaunpurslow:

The only thing I can think of is maybe it is registering a volume up input from the coin door somehow? Someone smarter than me could tell you how to check/test that switch and connections. But I would start there if it was me.

I guess I have so much shit like extra parts and manuals near the coin door, maybe it presses on that volume button when I turn on the machine haha. I guess Ill try removing all that junk first then see
Thanks for the idea

#10648 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Anyone know how to stop this besides double rubbering? Always on the right sling. Maybe every ten games?

did you mean to attach a pic?

#10649 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

did you mean to attach a pic?

Yes i did, the ball gets under the rubber on the right sling.

DSCF0852[1] (resized).jpgDSCF0852[1] (resized).jpg

#10650 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Yes i did, the ball gets under the rubber on the right sling.
[quoted image]

The rubbers are documented wrong in the manual as far as I Know. Shouldn't need to double them. Just use a smaller rubber ring, it will fit stronger. I also changed to smaller rubbers behind the disc. Problem solved

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Trade
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Beach, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,635 posts in this topic. You are on page 213 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/213?hl=guitarded and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.