tron1 (resized).jpg
tron2 (resized).jpg
IMG_4921 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4920 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6148 (resized).png
IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
There are 11,644 posts in this topic. You are on page 212 of 233.
#10551 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

You’ll need to be specific on opto/switch as there are some at the spinning disc too.
Mine started to auto fire and I found the back side of the opto leg had stabbed into the wire and was causing it to fire.
You also have to check the opto board under the pf. You’ll want to solder all the optos, wires and headers to make sure there aren’t cold solder joints as well

I edited my post, as indeed I had not specified which optos.

This is the spinning disc optos.

Given the intermittent nature (ie during test mode no problem, but close vibration to the optos cause it to trigger) I'm guessing this is an alignement problem

#10552 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

I edited my post, as indeed I had not specified which optos.
This is the spinning disc optos.
Given the intermittent nature (ie during test mode no problem, but close vibration to the optos cause it to trigger) I'm guessing this is an alignement problem

I just had this issue where it would register with out the stands ups being down and the ball in. So any vibration or shaker would set off.

You only need to take off the recognized plastic, there is no need to remove ramps.

There really isn’t a way to adjust the optos except for what wiggle room the screw being loose allows.

Since it works in test, I would say they are aligned right. And if they worked for a while prior. Unless one keeps coming loose I would say it may be a issue like cold solder, the ore being pinched or poked via the back of the opto leg or the opto board.

The optos are fairly cheap so I just ordered two and was gonna swap them, but after taping my opto wire where it was pressing on the back of the opto board, it has been not registering bad switch hits

#10553 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I just had this issue where it would register with out the stands ups being down and the ball in. So any vibration or shaker would set off.
You only need to take off the recognized plastic, there is no need to remove ramps.
There really isn’t a way to adjust the optos except for what wiggle room the screw being loose allows.
Since it works in test, I would say they are aligned right. And if they worked for a while prior. Unless one keeps coming loose I would say it may be a issue like cold solder, the ore being pinched or poked via the back of the opto leg or the opto board.
The optos are fairly cheap so I just ordered two and was gonna swap them, but after taping my opto wire where it was pressing on the back of the opto board, it has been not registering bad switch hits

I'll disassemble them and check

As for the plastic yes, it's just that I could not remove the rear nuts that hold the plastic (beneath the ramp) without removing the ramp to allow to slide the wrench/screwdriver (whatever the name, can't find it in english). Anyway, I solved the problem, simply did not put back those two nuts, that way I can easily access them if needs be.

Still need to check on the optos soldering though

[EDIT] Anyone would have a decent digital copy of Tron manual, one which actually does list parts, especially electronic parts ? In my manual they don't even include the posts used on the playfield, just a generic page listing all posts that "could" be used one day in any Stern machine... And it's the same as the one available on Stern website

I will reflow solder on these optos, but in case I need to order (and I have a pending order with PU-Parts), I would welcome a reference... Or for that matter a nice copy of a real manual

By searching on Marco Specialties website I found those:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/500-6775-01

Based on the mechanical shape, I assume this should work

Thanks

#10554 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

I'll disassemble them and check
As for the plastic yes, it's just that I could not remove the rear nuts that hold the plastic (beneath the ramp) without removing the ramp to allow to slide the wrench/screwdriver (whatever the name, can't find it in english). Anyway, I solved the problem, simply did not put back those two nuts, that way I can easily access them if needs be.
Still need to check on the optos soldering though
[EDIT] Anyone would have a decent digital copy of Tron manual, one which actually does list parts, especially electronic parts ? In my manual they don't even include the posts used on the playfield, just a generic page listing all posts that "could" be used one day in any Stern machine... And it's the same as the one available on Stern website
I will reflow solder on these optos, but in case I need to order (and I have a pending order with PU-Parts), I would welcome a reference... Or for that matter a nice copy of a real manual
By searching on Marco Specialties website I found those:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/500-6775-01
Based on the mechanical shape, I assume this should work
Thanks

For the rear nuts I used my mini crescent wrench.

Which posts? the ones that the back nuts screw onto?

digital manual is available from stern still
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Tron-Manual.pdf
but ya, may be missing the part number you need.

1B7F86EB-4C60-4340-8318-C67AD191FFE1 (resized).jpeg1B7F86EB-4C60-4340-8318-C67AD191FFE1 (resized).jpeg
#10555 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

For the rear nuts I used my mini crescent wrench.
Which posts? the ones that the back nuts screw onto?
digital manual is available from stern still
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Tron-Manual.pdf
but ya, may be missing the part number you need.[quoted image]

I used the posts as an example. They don't list anything, just "refer to playfield location".

Anyway, I found my way around, but really Stern, accurate documentation would be nice

#10556 2 years ago

I think I've got few issues with my LE and I'm wondering if someone can give me a few pointers where to start, what to look at, etc, or tell me it's normal and don't worry about it. Please forgive me, I'm new to pinball maintenance so I may not be using correct terminology for parts or areas of the pf. Also, I'm sorry for the long post... Just trying to provide as much info.

- The upper flipper seems slow, both extending and retracting. I press the button and the lower activates, and about a tenth to a quarter second later the upper activates. Same when I release the button. I can activate just the lower without activating the upper if I slowly or lightly press the button. With the pf up, I can both see and hear the contacts in the button making and breaking at different times. This makes me believe it's a button/switch alignment issue. Admittedly, I have not run a solenoid test from the menu yet. I'll check the resistance of the solenoids too. The flipper/button counter audit is somewhere in the 32k range, 44k for the right. EDIT: the solenoids are dirty. Wiped a ton of black dust/grime off the shaft and linkage with a dry lint free rag and it seems to be reacting better. As for the switch, yeah it's supposed to do that, at least that's how they are built.
- My shooter lane doesn't seem straight... About 60%-70% of the time on a full/hard plunge the ball will bounce off of something and either roll back towards the arcade or if it's far enough roll back through the pop bumpers or the lane just above it. Sometimes it will just bounce around the upper part of the lane and slow down to a crawl and barely make it to the upper flipper. This bounce happens around when it reaches the metal inverse "V" ramp to the upper playfield. It's not the post that comes up if I don't hold the left flipper. It is level left to right and probably closer to 5*-6* rather than 6.5* inclination on the pf. Could my shooter rod spring or tip be worn out? Maybe the gate for the skill shot is sticking or catching the ball? Not sure what other parts to check for alignment in that area. EDIT: the shooter rod was very dirty and I cleaned it up. Also cleaned the skill shot gate. It only happens now maybe 1 in every 4 plunges. However, on an auto plunge it happens about as frequent if not more, so it must be something in the lane.
- My spinning disc seems weak. I've cleaned it (yes, read through the threads about cleaning, replacement, etc) and that may have restored some spin, but the majority of the time the ball just seems to "fall" out of the area. Doing a motor test does make it spin at full speed and does both directions. It's loud and vibrates during the test, but barely noticeable during play. Also checked the resistors under the pf and those do not seem loose, broken, or damaged. My next step is checking they are within spec. I'm not looking for crazy spin, but what I have just seems too weak compared to what people have said theirs does. EDIT: This appears to be a non-issue. The disc spins and occasionally whips the ball out. But I'm chalking this up to a 10 year old disc rubber that was probably never cleaned and therefore lost some of it's grip.

#10557 2 years ago

I thought I’d be grabbing a Tron with the girls but the deal didn’t work out so I’ll be selling my 3-D translite. Shoot me a message if interested

DF933226-7C59-465A-AD05-44213E1B2647 (resized).jpegDF933226-7C59-465A-AD05-44213E1B2647 (resized).jpeg
#10558 2 years ago

Is there a difference in Tron playfields from version to version? Can someone tell me which version this Pf is? Thank you in advance!

04C41CCD-652A-49CF-876B-1BB7AACA62C5.jpeg04C41CCD-652A-49CF-876B-1BB7AACA62C5.jpeg5DEDF131-51B2-4527-B256-96605CCEA7F7.jpeg5DEDF131-51B2-4527-B256-96605CCEA7F7.jpeg
#10559 2 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

Is there a difference in Tron playfields from version to version? Can someone tell me which version this Pf is? Thank you in advance!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, where did you find that one ??

Before you assemble it in your cabinet, the virtual pinball community would absolutely LOVE a high resolution scan. Your name would go down in the history of virtual pinball

#10560 2 years ago

That’s a pro. LE playfield had silver outline around all the art.

#10561 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Wow, where did you find that one ??
Before you assemble it in your cabinet, the virtual pinball community would absolutely LOVE a high resolution scan. Your name would go down in the history of virtual pinball

I’ve had it for a while. I just sold another pf and was going thru them all, saw this one, and finally remembered to inquire as to which version.

And where would I go/what am I looking for in terms for getting a hi-res scan done?

#10562 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

That’s a pro. LE playfield had silver outline around all the art.

Thank you for that information.

#10563 2 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

I’ve had it for a while. I just sold another pf and was going thru them all, saw this one, and finally remembered to inquire as to which version.
And where would I go/what am I looking for in terms for getting a hi-res scan done?

Ah that's the trick question. When I received my LOTR NOS playfield, I was fortunate to have someone local with a very specific scanner type designed for art painting scan, so I got a very nice scan out of it for a reasonable price (about 100 euros).

Manually, you can do the same using a Scanjet 4600, which are unfortunately hard to find. You then assemble the scans.

I can put you in contact with the author of the vpin version of this table, maybe he's close and can help to find a solution. But that would be greatly appreciated.

I should also point out that in any case, doing a scan would be worthwhile for you: with a little bit of additionnal work, it could be "converted" to a file usable for generating an overlay. I'm sure many would find it useful.

Regards

#10564 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Ah that's the trick question. When I received my LOTR NOS playfield, I was fortunate to have someone local with a very specific scanner type designed for art painting scan, so I got a very nice scan out of it for a reasonable price (about 100 euros).
Manually, you can do the same using a Scanjet 4600, which are unfortunately hard to find. You then assemble the scans.
I can put you in contact with the author of the vpin version of this table, maybe he's close and can help to find a solution. But that would be greatly appreciated.
I should also point out that in any case, doing a scan would be worthwhile for you: with a little bit of additionnal work, it could be "converted" to a file usable for generating an overlay. I'm sure many would find it useful.
Regards

I know about the Hp 4600.

I meant as far as a print shop goes, what do I ask for that can scan it? I know it’s a large format with thickness, so not everyone can do it.

#10565 2 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

I know about the Hp 4600.
I meant as far as a print shop goes, what do I ask for that can scan it? I know it’s a large format with thickness, so not everyone can do it.

That's the scanner that was used for my NOS LOTR playfield:
https://widetek.com/project/widetek-36art/

Note: it requires a little bit of adjustment, as it scans the depth as well and can get confused by the holes for the mechs and the inserts, so the operator needs to scan with various settings to be able to swap and replace portion of the playfield (in my case three inserts were incorrect with artefacts on the primary scan, so he used the same inserts on other scans that had artefacts elsewhere to swap)

End result is gorgeous. 600DPI (more than the playfield printing resolution), with perfect dimensional accuracy

2 weeks later
#10566 2 years ago

Goinf through tron parts. I can’t recognize where this protector goes.

At the time I bought protectors for tron and Metallica, but it was in my tron bag…

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#10567 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Goinf through tron parts. I can’t recognize where this protector goes.
At the time I bought protectors for tron and Metallica, but it was in my tron bag…
[quoted image]

Thats for the shooter Lane, just hot glue it down

#10568 2 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Holy shit, you’re alive!!!! Hi!!!!!!
I’ll just glue that B, stop any ball wear

#10569 2 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Uhhh...

Where you been?

#10570 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Uhhh...
Where you been?

He’s lost on the grid. I bet that’s clu trying to get out

#10571 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Uhhh...
Where you been?

Gambit,Is true i was stuck in the Portal. I had to trade some shasta and pbj's to sneak out

#10572 2 years ago

Does anyone in the grid have this plastic? I picked up a Tron and I want to replace this plastic. I’ll be glueing the ramp and adding cliffys to both ramps soon.

5080FE33-9916-47F2-B351-BB195F313772 (resized).jpeg5080FE33-9916-47F2-B351-BB195F313772 (resized).jpeg
#10573 2 years ago

I had to buy a full set of plastics to replace mine. Looks like Pinball Life still has them: https://www.pinballlife.com/trontron-le-pro-playfield-plastics-set.html

Then do yourself a favor and get one of ULEK’s protectors for it to save you the trouble again in the future: https://www.ulekstore.com/09_Triangle_Protector_Piece_for_TRON_p/triangle_protset_tron.htm

#10574 2 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

I had to buy a full set of plastics to replace mine. Looks like Pinball Life still has them: https://www.pinballlife.com/trontron-le-pro-playfield-plastics-set.html
Then do yourself a favor and get one of ULEK’s protectors for it to save you the trouble again in the future: https://www.ulekstore.com/09_Triangle_Protector_Piece_for_TRON_p/triangle_protset_tron.htm

Thanks for the heads up. I should get a set of new plastics for it anyways. It will be nice to have new ones after it gets torn down in a few weeks. I’ve been buying parts and pieces like crazy for this for a few months for Tron.

#10575 2 years ago

Here is a sample of the Lit Kit Flipper set designed for the TRON pinball machine.
It consists of three flippers: a main left yellow flipper, a main right blue flipper, and a third upper left blue flipper.

A yellow band and blue band have been placed on the flippers.

If you might be interested in a kit just let me know. Other game kits are at ArcadeMade.com, thanks

425254B4-0019-4E5D-AE5A-6B36B79DC441 (resized).jpeg425254B4-0019-4E5D-AE5A-6B36B79DC441 (resized).jpeg52A21AAE-E159-454E-A96B-29CC7B56ACEE (resized).jpeg52A21AAE-E159-454E-A96B-29CC7B56ACEE (resized).jpeg
#10576 2 years ago

What happens after portal? Does the game reset and you start all the way from the beginning again?

#10577 2 years ago

How are people attaching the "lit" cycles to the plastic on top of the ramp? I have the lite cycles but don't want to install unless there is a good way to secure them to the ramp plastics.

#10578 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

How are people attaching the "lit" cycles to the plastic on top of the ramp? I have the lite cycles but don't want to install unless there is a good way to secure them to the ramp plastics.

I just used a very small screw and drilled through the already existing hole in the plastic and into the bottom of the wheel, so it's invisible. Just make sure to create a very tiny pilot hole in the wheel so that you don't crack the plastic when the screw goes in. Hope this helps.

#10579 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

What happens after portal? Does the game reset and you start all the way from the beginning again?

yes you do

#10580 2 years ago
Quoted from shaunpurslow:

I just used a very small screw and drilled through the already existing hole in the plastic and into the bottom of the wheel, so it's invisible. Just make sure to create a very tiny pilot hole in the wheel so that you don't crack the plastic when the screw goes in. Hope this helps.

Like a small pop bumper screw?
Yaaa that sounds like the idea I was thinking for one option. I don't think "putty" would adhere well enough for moving/shipping the game.

#10581 2 years ago

With the demise of Pinbits, is anyone else making & selling a set of transparent (clear) plastic protectors for Tron?

#10582 2 years ago

Anyone have a set of the flourescent ramp plastics at the ends where the ball drops down into the lanes? They are yellow and blue.

#10583 2 years ago
Quoted from barakawins:

Anyone have a set of the flourescent ramp plastics at the ends where the ball drops down into the lanes? They are yellow and blue.

Try [email protected], they had some ready to ship at one point $38usd + shipping.

#10584 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Try [email protected], they had some ready to ship at one point $38usd + shipping.

Thanks!

#10585 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I'm pretty sure I used velcro under both wheels, I would have to check.

#10586 2 years ago

Hallmark Tron Legacy Light Cycle, new in box. $50 shipped

IMG_6864 (resized).JPGIMG_6864 (resized).JPGIMG_6866 (resized).JPGIMG_6866 (resized).JPG
Added over 2 years ago:

Sold

2 weeks later
#10587 2 years ago

Merry Christmas to all on the grid!

#10588 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Merry Christmas to all on the grid!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, Programs!

#10589 2 years ago

Merry Christmas! She is an ISO.

#10590 2 years ago

I made my own color changing fiber optic ramp light kit for about $100 if anyone is interested I can give a parts list and pictures of how I did it

334315A6-3C5F-4081-99BB-DCF70B61E71C (resized).jpeg334315A6-3C5F-4081-99BB-DCF70B61E71C (resized).jpeg6BF73C41-1292-4C4E-9896-94C73C5680EE (resized).jpeg6BF73C41-1292-4C4E-9896-94C73C5680EE (resized).jpegC2C53358-6945-4279-9B6A-752F4A50B99C (resized).jpegC2C53358-6945-4279-9B6A-752F4A50B99C (resized).jpegCAC846C4-066D-444D-B4FD-4280ABDC9CDA (resized).jpegCAC846C4-066D-444D-B4FD-4280ABDC9CDA (resized).jpeg

#10591 2 years ago
Quoted from Newtothis:

I made my own color changing fiber optic ramp light kit for about $100 if anyone is interested I can give a parts list and pictures of how I did it
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Cool,
Do you have a video of how colors change?
Thanks

#10592 2 years ago
Quoted from Newtothis:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Not unlike Eli's? Because I'm thinking that one day they will need to be replaced and are quite unobtainium.. it brings a lot to the game, IMO

#10593 2 years ago
Quoted from DystopicPinball:

Cool,
Do you have a video of how colors change?
Thanks

I do have video but it doesn’t appear that Pinside will allow me to post it here

EC8F2BC8-135E-4DEC-B2C3-F1CFAD467DCF (resized).jpegEC8F2BC8-135E-4DEC-B2C3-F1CFAD467DCF (resized).jpeg
#10594 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Not unlike Eli's? Because I'm thinking that one day they will need to be replaced and are quite unobtainium.. it brings a lot to the game, IMO

To my understanding it is unlike Elis in that I’m pretty sure Elis is tied into gameplay. I definitely agree the fiber optics add a lot to the game. I’m one of the ones who looked everywhere for an Eli’s / Pinbits kit with no luck

#10595 2 years ago

Can you post a youtube video of this in action? I'd love to see this.

#10596 2 years ago

My first ever YouTube video

#10597 2 years ago
Quoted from Newtothis:

To my understanding it is unlike Elis in that I’m pretty sure Elis is tied into gameplay. I definitely agree the fiber optics add a lot to the game. I’m one of the ones who looked everywhere for an Eli’s / Pinbits kit with no luck

Considering how popular TRON has become, I'm shocked Pinbits hasn't restocked this. They could probably raise the price and none of us would blink. I currently own a heavily modded Pro with the Eli/Pinbits kit installed and love it.

#10598 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Considering how popular TRON has become, I'm shocked Pinbits hasn't restocked this. They could probably raise the price and none of us would blink. I currently own a heavily modded Pro with the Eli/Pinbits kit installed and love it.

As far as I can tell Pinbits doesn’t exist anymore but I agree I would have paid dearly for a kit. I only resorted to making my own out of desperation

#10599 2 years ago
Quoted from Newtothis:

As far as I can tell Pinbits doesn’t exist anymore but I agree I would have paid dearly for a kit. I only resorted to making my own out of desperation

Yeah, I made my own on my first TRON Pro (before Eli's kit existed). I've owned 2 Pro's and 1 LE The current Pro I own (modded by delt31 IIRC) is a beauty...the Mike Chestnut chrome is nicer than the Stern LE chrome and the Eli kit is as nice as the Stern LE lighting.

If Pinbits doesn't exist, surprised another retailer hasn't picked up the rights to build/sell it...seems like they'd sell a bunch in this market.

#10600 2 years ago

Relatively new to Tron and quick rule question.

How do you re-activate Sea of Simulation?

I lit all modes on Ball 1. Ball 2 got the scoop/skill shot but the SOS animations ate up my ball save and the bounce off the scoop eject drained my ball damnit!

3rd ball and I thought I’d still be in the Sea but alas I was back to normal gameplay. Scoop didn’t start SOS again. What do you do to re-activate that mode?

Cheers!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,644 posts in this topic. You are on page 212 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/212 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.