tron1 (resized).jpg
tron2 (resized).jpg
IMG_4921 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4920 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6148 (resized).png
IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
There are 11,640 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 233.
#1001 10 years ago

Where is the best place to buy FF speaker kit?

#1002 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I've bought mine directly from flipperfidelity.com. Only positive things to say about it.

-Wes

#1003 10 years ago

www.flipperfidelity.com The owner Michael is cool.

#1004 10 years ago

Got it thanks!

Ps. Is Michael east coast or west coast?

#1005 10 years ago

East coast, but he ships cross country.

#1006 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

LOL, where do you find that? I might wear that next time I go to a local pinball event and spaz everyone out! Ha!

You want me to reveal my source?

// Error: Image 140719 not found //

#1007 10 years ago
Quoted from dkpinball:

I need to see if I can get Herg to share his video of what he did with his PIG on his Tron. People can share configuration files so if you like what someone did, you can easily reproduce it.
Also ChadH has his Tron all done as well. He was trying to figure out how to get his topper working before sharing the video and configuraion. Maybe I can get him to post it here.

I posted both the video and configuration in another thread recently. Here is where the discussion started.
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-light-cycles-on-all-the-time-or-just-during-ramp-shots#post-1143475

Feel free to use the video and/or configuration file any way you see fit.

Quoted from btw75:

Any chance on firmware upgrade for the invert?

Quoted from dkpinball:

Yea, we have some beta code out there, it's probably time for an official update.

The beta8 version you sent me seems solid and worthy of a release.

#1008 10 years ago

Anyone know when the Eli wire mod will be in stock on PBL?

#1009 10 years ago

Sorry I meant Pinbits.

#1010 10 years ago

Got it thanks!

East coast, PA. Congrats on your Tron.

#1011 10 years ago

Got it thanks!

East coast (near Reading, PA). He will also be at EXPO next week.

#1012 10 years ago

i just wanted to say "sorry" to my tron because i haven't been playing her much lately......

the reason why is that i got a new pin over the weekend in a trade deal. that new pin is a WH20! really lovin the whitewater so far. cabinet has a little wear, but the pf is in nice condition, some of the ramps were replaced too, white rubbers installed, topper is original. it truly is a awesome pin!

005.JPG005.JPG 002.JPG002.JPG
#1013 10 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

it truly is a awesome pin!

I Love Ramp!

#1014 10 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

i just wanted to say "sorry" to my tron because i haven't been playing her much lately......
the reason why is that i got a new pin over the weekend in a trade deal. that new pin is a WH20! really lovin the whitewater so far. cabinet has a little wear, but the pf is in nice condition, some of the ramps were replaced too, white rubbers installed, topper is original. it truly is a awesome pin!

Nice man, White Water is a great game! That's a sweet lineup you have

#1015 10 years ago

Ramp.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#1016 10 years ago

ramp lamp ?

tron-lamp.jpgtron-lamp.jpg
#1017 10 years ago

OHHH..... me likee ramps..... esp the search for animal chin ramp

chin8.jpgchin8.jpg
#1018 10 years ago

thanks for the props brother.... just wish I had mo' room. can only jam so many cades and pins in a 2 car garage. this wh2o is still nowhere as clean as that minty fresh spidey that was posted on here recently

Quoted from Keebler:

Nice man, White Water is a great game! That's a sweet lineup you have

#1019 10 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

thanks for the props brother.... just wish I had mo' room. can only jam so many cades and pins in a 2 car garage. this wh2o is still nowhere as clean as that minty fresh spidey that was posted on here recently

I hear that! I'm maxed out at 4 in my house right now, it sucks. I haven't decided if I want to put some in my garage yet or not

#1020 10 years ago

Made a vid of Tron with the clear disc rubber installed to warn you guys that this one is way to sticky and will bash the machine up. Thought i should post here on this topic as well:

#1021 10 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

Made a vid of Tron with the clear disc rubber installed to warn you guys that this one is way to sticky and will bash the machine up. Thought i should post here on this topic as well:
» YouTube video

Wow, that's fast! I wouldn't mind playing a couple games like that... on somebody else's machine

#1022 10 years ago

I was so amazed by your integration of the mystery wheel device that it took me a while to notice the shadow!

#1023 10 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I was so amazed by your integration of the mystery wheel device that it took me a while to notice The Shadow!

gracias

tron-theShadowKnows.jpgtron-theShadowKnows.jpg
#1024 10 years ago

wiitu.jpgwiitu.jpg

#1025 10 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

Made a vid of Tron with the clear disc rubber installed to warn you guys that this one is way to sticky and will bash the machine up. Thought i should post here on this topic as well:» YouTube video

Ironman War Machine Kick-back has nohting on that spinning disk...wow does it throw the ball

#1026 10 years ago

I don't consider the clear disc to be a problem. In fact, after watching that vid, i'm going to buy it right now!

#1027 10 years ago
Quoted from Russo121:

I don't consider the clear disc to be a problem. In fact, after watching that vid, i'm going to buy it right now!

Bring on the pain

Tron OG.jpgTron OG.jpg

#1029 10 years ago
Quoted from retired_user_101:

Just got my TRON LE Pinbits plastics protector kit & unwrapped 1st part that was on top in package.
...please tell me this item in the pic is supposed to be 2 parts ??

Nope, it's broken, sorry man.

#1031 10 years ago
Quoted from retired_user_101:

well nuts... think i can buy just this part ?

Email Pam at Pinbits and show her the pic. I had a plastic protector break on my Tron and she replaced it for no charge.

#1032 10 years ago

I'm sure Pam will replace it for you if you send her an email... she has always been helpful when I've needed something.

#1033 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Thats very flattering but my pinball enthusiasm is WAY above my actual skill level.
1) I never worry about flynn being lit or completed, 99% of the games I play that mode is completed without actually attempting to shoot for it.
2)I do try to start ZUSE after I have Clu and Light Cycle multi ball lit in the Arcade scoop, then hit the scoop to start those 2 modes, then onto phase 3....
3)my basic strategy is shoot for Quorra spinner when right flipper is fed, recognizer/disc multi when left flipper is fed
4) Gem is the tough one to get, Ive gotten better at deflecting off TRON targets into gem and its a much easier shot when the 3recognizer targets are down
Hope that helps a little Geremy, check these threads out if you enjoy TRON.
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-extremely-rare-tron-apron-999-obo
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-showed-today-party-centerflanks-se-wisc

Mind if I chime in? I might repeat some the same things that Centerflank said.
I've been playing TRON quite consistently for about a year and it's my favorite machine, by far. I've been to Portal about 20 times now. My strategy has kind of evolved over this time and I'm still looking for ways to perfect it. So far, this is what I have found to be best.

At first, I used to plunge into Flynn's arcade for the skill shot and the mystery award and then focus on getting light cycle and CLU at the same time. I then would go for everything else. Instead I now plunge to get GEM until she's solidly lit.

1) Focus on Gem and Quorra. I have found that I acquire Flynn and Zuse by accident during Quorra mode while making sure to get all 4 balls out into play by constantly hitting the recognizer. Also, you can do a quick plunge hoping to get GEM with each new ball but that's pretty tricky because you're focusing on the playfield. ****If you can activate Light Cycle, CLU, and Quorra all at the same time then you're going to rack up a solidly lit ladder fast

2) Look for opportunities to hit TRON after the ball rolls over the ZEN switch for DOUBLE SCORING.

3) Try to make every single shot count! Getting a little lazy and slapping the ball around just sets yourself up for disaster.

4) I try to not hit the recognizer directly because it has drained on me down the center too many times to count.

5) Disc war is usually the last thing I go for. And, during the end of the mode I try to hang on to one ball with the left flipper in case all the others drain. That way, I'm all setup to hit into the scoop for SOS. I've been burned on this sooooooo many times (not reaching SOS) so that's why I always keep an extra ball handy.

6) Study this breakdown of the game. It has very valuable info. http://www.pinballnews.com/games/tron/index6a.html

I hope this helps.

#1034 10 years ago
Quoted from kbowmandc:

I hope this helps.

I've had trouble coming up with a good strategy for Tron, I will give this a shot. Thanks!

#1035 10 years ago

Strategy? Play the crap out of it until its your b*tch. Then play it some more.

http://s85.photobucket.com/user/rusolinio/media/TronHS.mp4.html

#1036 10 years ago

I still don't have a big problem with Gem, it's that dadgum LCMB. I feel like I must be missing something because it's rarely mentioned. Tips for the challenged?!?

#1037 10 years ago

Btw that broken plastic stinks. I just went through this with a safecracker topper that arrived in many pieces At least yours is still made!

#1038 10 years ago

the gem shot isnt too bad on the pro.... but HOT DAMN its a bitch of a shot on the le's.

Quoted from Erik:

I still don't have a big problem with Gem, it's that dadgum LCMB. I feel like I must be missing something because it's rarely mentioned. Tips for the challenged?!?

#1039 10 years ago

Does anyone have a TRON that looks like this and if so >>

Is it normal for the metal to protrude from the bottom of the ball launch pad guide onto the play field?

Has anyone noticed it making a difference in how the ball reacts when it travels up?

Has anyone pulled it back from the play field to see if there is a difference?

Why does he ask?? Mine was like that NIB. A few weeks ago I moved it so it is no longer on the play field. Recently (it may just be me or a bad coil) it seems like when the ball (s) get auto launched, about 20 percent of them never make it around the loop and they actually seem to be hitting the divider from the inner and outer ramps and come down towards the plungers.

If I manually launch the ball, there is no issue.

tron track.jpgtron track.jpg

#1040 10 years ago
Quoted from paratrooper:

Does anyone have a TRON that looks like this and if so >>
Is it normal for the metal to protrude from the bottom of the ball launch pad guide onto the play field?
Has anyone noticed it making a difference in how the ball reacts when it travels up?
Has anyone pulled it back from the play field to see if there is a difference?
Why does he ask?? Mine was like that NIB. A few weeks ago I moved it so it is no longer on the play field. Recently (it may just be me or a bad coil) it seems like when the ball (s) get auto launched, about 20 percent of them never make it around the loop and they actually seem to be hitting the divider from the inner and outer ramps and come down towards the plungers.
If I manually launch the ball, there is no issue.
tron track.jpg 72 KB

Yes mine looks like that. I rolled the ball along the wall to see if it would hit that metal piece and it doesn't. So all is good. Plus if you LED the shit out of your Tron you won't even notice that piece of metal

#1041 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Yes mine looks like that. I rolled the ball along the wall to see if it would hit that metal piece and it doesn't. So all is good. Plus if you LED the shit out of your Tron you won't even notice that piece of metal

LMAO! Sounds good then...

Thanks

#1042 10 years ago

I'm going to ask a question here because it feels like the best place to ask it:

Does Tron Pro feel like a gimped game compared to the LE? And are all these super modded machines the Pro table or the LE table?? They look gorgeous and I'm considering investing on a Pro if all goes according to plan!

#1043 10 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I'm going to ask a question here because it feels like the best place to ask it:
Does Tron Pro feel like a gimped game compared to the LE? And are all these super modded machines the Pro table or the LE table?? They look gorgeous and I'm considering investing on a Pro if all goes according to plan!

I don't own a LE, but I DO own the PRO and LOVE THE GAME!

From what I have seen over the last few months of buying my TRON, most of the modded machines you are seeing is a mix of both LE and PRO machines.

You can start by telling the difference by looking at images of the LE = Fiber optic lighting under plastic ramps + Moving Recognizer + Drop TRON Targets

The FIBER kit is offered as a MOD for the PRO, so it can get a little confusing at 1st but you will start to be able to tell the difference.

BUT probably the BIGGEST way you can tell the difference between a LE and a PRO > Next to impossible to buy a LE model!

So that basically says that only 400 of "us" have the LE, and the rest have a PRO. Not gimpy at all

#1044 10 years ago

I play a Pro at the arcade sometimes and it doesn't feel gimpy. It doesn't have mods tho so it does feel sort of bare bones. All modded up I'd say the experience is comparable.

This is the lovefest thread, so we love all things Tron Can't go wrong either way

#1045 10 years ago

I can't convince my wife that an LE is worth it ($10k+ is silly to me). But she'll go for a Pro if I can get it for a fair price. I'll mod it over time! I guess I just wanted to make sure that before I start my hunt, the lack of Daft Punk multiball, fiber optics, drop targets, etc. detract from the game. It's really between this and an Avengers machine, ha. Saying that in the Tron lovefest <3

#1046 10 years ago

I think the Pro is the better choice at todays LE prices for sure!!

#1047 10 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I can't convince my wife that an LE is worth it ($10k+ is silly to me). But she'll go for a Pro if I can get it for a fair price. I'll mod it over time! I guess I just wanted to make sure that before I start my hunt, the lack of Daft Punk multiball, fiber optics, drop targets, etc. detract from the game. It's really between this and an Avengers machine, ha. Saying that in the Tron lovefest <3

Are you kidding me???
If it is between those two get the Tron for Sure!!! Avengers pro is terrible IMO.

#1048 10 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Avengers?? Really...of ALL the games you could possibly buy?? Avengers is 3rd last out of all the games ever made hahahah ...imo

#1049 10 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Check out the Eli fiber mod that's being offered at pinbits. I've seen it in person and it's sick. I love my tron pro! That said the LE is an amazing machine for sure! The pure gameplay between tron pro and tron LE is probably the most similar out of any release from the Stern LE/Pro model. The drop targets on the LE are very cool, but don't forget the stand ups generally make it easier to ricochet the gem shot off of them.

Unless you have played Avengers and absolutely have to own it, I would highly recommend the Tron pro over any version the the Avengers machine: Pro, premium or LE (sorry Avengers owners). Good luck either way!

#1050 10 years ago

My plan was to find options and then get to play the two. There's a place about an hour from me that I could go to play them both. If I can get a Tron Pro for a reasonable price, that's the route I'm going to go. But right now, they're mostly sitting around $5k, and I'd like to go a bit less.

Fingers are crossed, because Tron is my dream machine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
There are 11,640 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.