tron1 (resized).jpg
tron2 (resized).jpg
IMG_4921 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4920 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6148 (resized).png
IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
There are 11,645 posts in this topic. You are on page 209 of 233.
#10402 2 years ago

Just got back my Tron which was at a friend place for a few months for lack of space at home...

Did a quick check (switches, etc), repaired a few minor things, just one issue that I need to debug further : sometimes, the right flipper gets stuck in the upper position for 1s before going back down.

Before I dig deeper into this, any pointer?

Regards

#10403 2 years ago

Could be magnetized plunger and or needs a new coil sleeve?

#10404 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Thanks, I'll take a look

Two additionnal questions:

- what are the currently available sound remix ? I already checked the one available on this thread (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-le-music-remix-video-made-with-pinball-browser), however I recall seeing somewhere (but of course I can't find the original thread) another remix which was using movie soundtrack only. Is this the one referred to in this other thread toward the end, but available for LE only ?

- when launching a ball with the plunger, just after launching the ball I hear a very strong buzz at the rough location of the auto plunger. It's as if the auto plunger coil was energized, but did not activate. Auto plunger is otherwise working fine, and this does not seem to have any effect, beside this odd noise at manual ball launch. I don't recall noticing this before, anyone else has this symptom ?

Thanks and regards

#10405 2 years ago

Take a look at the back right corner, in the orbit, when you plunge.

The noise that you describe sounds like the skill shot post.

Jason

Quoted from Ashram56:

- when launching a ball with the plunger, just after launching the ball I hear a very strong buzz at the rough location of the auto plunger. It's as if the auto plunger coil was energized, but did not activate. Auto plunger is otherwise working fine, and this does not seem to have any effect, beside this odd noise at manual ball launch. I don't recall noticing this before, anyone else has this symptom ?
Thanks and regards

#10406 2 years ago
Quoted from jasonbar:

Take a look at the back right corner, in the orbit, when you plunge.
The noise that you describe sounds like the skill shot post.
Jason

You were spot on. I was under the impression it came from the auto plunger, but indeed this is the skill shot post.

Odd that I did not notice before, I'll have to take a look and see how to reduce the noise if necessary

Regards

#10407 2 years ago

Cleaned up the sleeve (did not have one handy) , it's not that). It happens on both plungers, although far more often on the right.

I assume I can check if it's magnetized using a small piece of metal?

If not that... What else?

Regards

#10408 2 years ago

Thanks to ulmpharmd got a new disk going in and getting my tron back up and running

719A95BC-10D9-4853-89C4-269148FD1A2D (resized).jpeg719A95BC-10D9-4853-89C4-269148FD1A2D (resized).jpeg
#10409 2 years ago

Anyone would have a good digital copy of Tron manual? The one I can find on Stern website is a crappy scanned version where you can barely distinguish markings on the layout, or part number references

Thanks

#10410 2 years ago

Will be selling my LE loaded for $17k. It’s close to what’s on the thing if anyone is interested.

#10411 2 years ago

Thanks to ulmpharmd got a new disk going in and getting my tron back up and running
[quoted image]

Sweet..

#10412 2 years ago

so, good thing I did not install my disk... this AM both the inner and outer rubber pads decided to just come off. I think part of the issue is the replacement disk I have from Pinball life, the surface where the pads mount is course and not smooth... so the rubber pads are having a hard time adhering. Going to try some gorilla glue or something similar. Any suggestions? Cheers

#10413 2 years ago

so, good thing I did not install my disk... this AM both the inner and outer rubber pads decided to just come off. I think part of the issue is the replacement disk I have from Pinball life, the surface where the pads mount is course and not smooth... so the rubber pads are having a hard time adhering. Going to try some gorilla glue or something similar. Any suggestions? Cheers

I like using the ultra thin 3M two-sided tape, which is so sticky it adheres to most surfaces. Sounds like your surface may not work well with that kind of adhesive. But might be worth a try. I have a 2-sided carpet tape that is crazy sticky too. I prefer it to glue if at all possible. And use alcohol on the surface before applying the tape. You prob did all that tho!

#10414 2 years ago

Thanks Pinkitten and you are correct... Unfortunately the surface where the pads mount, as I mentioned, are not polised and are very rough from what ever routing mechanism is used to recreate these. So I put some clear gorilla glue on and clamped it. Hoping this will do it. Thanks

#10415 2 years ago

Thanks Pinkitten and you are correct... Unfortunately the surface where the pads mount, as I mentioned, are not polised and are very rough from what ever routing mechanism is used to recreate these. So I put some clear gorilla glue on and clamped it. Hoping this will do it. Thanks

Cool! I hope that works. Bummer the surface isn’t conducive to most adhesives. Hope it works well!

#10416 2 years ago

Did you prep the surface with alcohol spray and let it dry before applying the new pads?

Perhaps there was some other residue that is stopping the adhesives from working.

#10417 2 years ago

So no one has a readable copy of Tron manual...

Anyone would have the possibility to scan the layout with references of all playfield parts (especially metal posts) as an alternative? My posts are slightly corroded, and I'd like to replace them with new and shiny posts.

Thanks

#10418 2 years ago

koops sure did, I wish I took a photo beforehand, the surface is super coarse I would equate it to 60 grit sand paper...just not a good aherable surface for tape.

Question, how are you all attaching the light cycles to the plastics they sit on... I had used hot glue but every time I raise my playfield they fall off... thinking I might just use shoe goo or clear silicon.

#10419 2 years ago

koops sure did, I wish I took a photo beforehand, the surface is super coarse I would equate it to 60 grit sand paper...just not a good aherable surface for tape.
Question, how are you all attaching the light cycles to the plastics they sit on... I had used hot glue but every time I raise my playfield they fall off... thinking I might just use shoe goo or clear silicon.

One small screw up through the bottom of the plastic and into each wheel.

#10420 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

So no one has a readable copy of Tron manual...
Anyone would have the possibility to scan the layout with references of all playfield parts (especially metal posts) as an alternative? My posts are slightly corroded, and I'd like to replace them with new and shiny posts.
Thanks

Even NIB Tron Pro came with the crappy photocopy manual. (Hell... photocopy would be better... these manuals are more like a early '90s fax)
And I believe the Tron LE was the same as well.
To my knowledge, there was never a color digital copy for Tron, like there was for older (and newer) Sterns.

#10421 2 years ago
Quoted from Timerider:

Even NIB Tron Pro came with the crappy photocopy manual. (Hell... photocopy would be better... these manuals are more like a early '90s fax)
And I believe the Tron LE was the same as well.
To my knowledge, there was never a color digital copy for Tron, like there was for older (and newer) Sterns.

I think the latest Tron owners manual reads “in the event any issues arise, list your pro for $11,000, and your LE for $20,000, and wait for the vault!” But that could just be a rumor.

#10422 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I think the latest Tron owners manual reads “in the event any issues arise, list your pro for $11,000, and your LE for $20,000, and wait for the vault!” But that could just be a rumor.

As much as I'd like to see a Tron VE and would line up to buy it, I don't think it's ever going to happen. Unless Disney ever does a Tron 3, even then.. but, yeah, would look great next to Tron Pro!

#10423 2 years ago

I have a manual that has a better image quality that whats on the stern page.

#10424 2 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

I have a manual that has a better image quality that whats on the stern page.

Is it any better than these ones?

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1LCfe28DmZBatSwIN9EMpq6U96LqVlgGy?usp=sharing

Would be nice if someone made a good high res color copy of one.

#10425 2 years ago

Hey Guys! Definitely use glue when putting new rubber down on the aftermarket disks. The surface is textured and will hold really nice with a bit of super glue.
--Scott

#10426 2 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Is it any better than these ones?
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1LCfe28DmZBatSwIN9EMpq6U96LqVlgGy?usp=sharing
Would be nice if someone made a good high res color copy of one.

The manual on this link is way way better than Stern, thanks

It's just missing the layout of playfield for some top metal posts, just like my original documentation. So aside of removing them and take measurements, I have no way to know what metal posts are installed and where... Sigh...

I'm referring to the posts with the rubber cylinders at the entrance of the right ramp, or just in front of the left bumper, they are marked as D on the layout (pink pages, which does not seem to be a metal post in the bill of material)

#10427 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

As much as I'd like to see a Tron VE and would line up to buy it, I don't think it's ever going to happen. Unless Disney ever does a Tron 3, even then.. but, yeah, would look great next to Tron Pro!

If stern did a Ve and added an lcd screen and new artwork, I’d have to buy and set it next to my pro!

#10428 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

'Tron 3' Moving Forward With Jared Leto to Star, Garth Davis to Direct:

https://collider.com/tron-3-sequel-update-disney-jared-leto-garth-davis/

#10429 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

'Tron 3' Moving Forward With Jared Leto to Star, Garth Davis to Direct:
https://collider.com/tron-3-sequel-update-disney-jared-leto-garth-davis/

I like the enthusiasm, lol, but this is old news. Leto had published the working title at one point, but was asked to remove it. I'm still cheering for this to happen one day! Wondering if there's a page somewhere to sign asking for Tron 3 to be made..

#10430 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

I like the enthusiasm, lol, but this is old news. Leto had published the working title at one point, but was asked to remove it. I'm still cheering for this to happen one day! Wondering if there's a page somewhere to sign asking for Tron 3 to be made..

The only good thing is, they canceled a tron "3" that must of not been good? and sounds like they picked it back up. I just don't want them to release one that sucks. But waiting also sucks. Legacy holds up though!

#10431 2 years ago

Finally got my disk back in ... MAN! The blue disk is SOOOO much better than the clear (this is my opinion). No longer Do I feel like my game is slowly being destroyed by 100mph fast balls coming out of the disk.

#10432 2 years ago

Finally got my disk back in ... MAN! The blue disk is SOOOO much better than the clear (this is my opinion). No longer Do I feel like my game is slowly being destroyed by 100mph fast balls coming out of the disk.

Agree totally...

#10433 2 years ago

Anyone would know where to get the flasher used in this bumper mod: https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p5/Tron-Pop-Bumper-Kit-Pinball-Mod.html

One of my flasher is defective (my bad, I twisted it and it broke...), but can't find it anywhere...

Thanks !

#10434 2 years ago

Anyone have a set of the yellow and blue pop bumpers that use to sell on hookedonpinball.com or know where to find a set. As far as I know they are no longer available.

#10435 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Anyone would know where to get the flasher used in this bumper mod: https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p5/Tron-Pop-Bumper-Kit-Pinball-Mod.html
One of my flasher is defective (my bad, I twisted it and it broke...), but can't find it anywhere...
Thanks !

They sell them at Hooked on Pinball. https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p44/Pinball-Mod-Custom-LED-PAD-555-6v.html

#10436 2 years ago

That link takes me to an LED pad that they’ve sell, they no longer sell these pop bumpers, just seeing if anyone has a set they want to sell

#10437 2 years ago

Ironically I was modeling some tron pop bumper caps to 3D print, but the project got sidelined. Maybe I’ll try to pick it back up

#10438 2 years ago

Ironically I was modeling some tron pop bumper caps to 3D print, but the project got sidelined. Maybe I’ll try to pick it back up

That would be great, Keep us in the loop.

#10439 2 years ago
Screen Shot 2021-08-03 at 3.33.42 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-03 at 3.33.42 PM (resized).png
#10440 2 years ago

Looking real good!

#10441 2 years ago

I put some orange plasma pop bumpers in mine because I couldn't find any good covers for the stock ones and the LEDs were god awful. I would definitely be willing to buy a pair of your custom tops just to switch things up a little from time to time.

20210803_220030 (resized).jpg20210803_220030 (resized).jpg
#10442 2 years ago
Quoted from shaunpurslow:

I put some orange plasma pop bumpers in mine because I couldn't find any good covers for the stock ones and the LEDs were god awful. I would definitely be willing to buy a pair of your custom tops just to switch things up a little from time to time.
[quoted image]

Those are neat but aren't they $100+ each? That's rich guy stuff

I love the hookedonpinball disks, with the linked bulbs. They're awesome!

The 3D design above looks really good too. I love the custom touches.

#10443 2 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Hey Guys! Definitely use glue when putting new rubber down on the aftermarket disks. The surface is textured and will hold really nice with a bit of super glue.
--Scott

I'll second the super glue. I had been using 3M spray adhesive on the recommendation of others from this thread, but that kept coming off for me, even with a brand new plastic to mount it onto. With my most recent clear rubber replacement I used super glue and it's holding strong.

#10444 2 years ago

Two quick questions :

1> Does anyone know if someone's going to do a run of ramps for Tron? While I don't *have* to replace one of my ramps, it did crack ... I'd prefer to have a mint machine despite drilling holes in the ramps for the fiber optic mod .

2> Is there anyone that sells that "Home of Space Paranoids" plastic that came with the Flynn sign? If so, who might that be and how much ?

#10445 2 years ago

re ramps. I think it was mentioned to freeplay about it but they already have a backlog of other machines first.

Quoted from megadeth2600:

Two quick questions :
2> Is there anyone that sells that "Home of Space Paranoids" plastic that came with the Flynn sign? If so, who might that be and how much ?

Sorry don't have an answer for that. After googling around to see what that even looked like for that stumbled upon this (probably common knowledge to everyone else) but I found it interesting.

http://peterhirschberg.blogspot.com/2008/04/mini-interview-with-designer-of-tron.html

#10446 2 years ago
Quoted from shaunpurslow:

[quoted image]

The orange plasmas look great! Would you be willing to share where you got them?

#10447 2 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

The orange plasmas look great! Would you be willing to share where you got them?

Sure thing! They are from Lighted Pinball Mods. A little pricey but fairly easy to install and they look pretty cool. I initially got a mix of blue and orange but when I saw how much the orange popped on the mostly blue playfield I switched to all orange. Here is the link, I hope it helps.

https://lightedpinballmods.com/product-category/plasma-pop-bumpers/

#10448 2 years ago

I’d like to reduce the number of Gem shots necessary to start Gem. I can’t find where in my settings to do this…can someone walk me through where to find this? I looked for a good while, I must be missing something really basic. Thanks in advance.

#10449 2 years ago

I’m a recent owner of a TRON Pro (3rd owner) and ever since acquiring it everyone is telling me that I need a subwoofer. I’ve never installed a subwoofer on any of my pinball machines before.

Since I’m the third owner, Im wondering if the connection is already there to hook up a sub? I looked around and didn’t see anything but am wondering what exactly should I be looking for? If the connection isn’t there, what’s the easiest way to hook up a subwoofer?

#10450 2 years ago
Quoted from chaz009:

I’m a recent owner of a TRON Pro (3rd owner) and ever since acquiring it everyone is telling me that I need a subwoofer. I’ve never installed a subwoofer on any of my pinball machines before.
Since I’m the third owner, Im wondering if the connection is already there to hook up a sub? I looked around and didn’t see anything but am wondering what exactly should I be looking for? If the connection isn’t there, what’s the easiest way to hook up a subwoofer?

I just fitted a Pinnovators sub out board but you could just connect straight onto the cabinet speaker connections if your sub has high level inputs.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Trade
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

There are 11,645 posts in this topic. You are on page 209 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/209 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.