IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3026 (resized).png
IMG_3018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
TRON_SpinDisc Mounted (resized).jpg
IMG_5680 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1247 (resized).jpeg
There are 11,635 posts in this topic. You are on page 208 of 233.
#10351 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

I have led ocd in almost all my games, it’s a great device! Well worth the money.

Same, couldn’t agree more.

#10352 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I don't know if the mech is the same as the POTC spinner, but the MOTOR is the exact same as used in shaker motors. If you want to just replace the motor use this: https://www.pinballlife.com/replacement-motor-for-stern-shaker-kits.html
I've also read some posts of people oiling the motor bushings to make it quieter. I haven't done this myself but it's worth a shot before replacing it.

yeah, I would oil it before replacing. Someone here has oiled it...forgot what they did to be exact though.

#10353 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

yeah, I would oil it before replacing. Someone here has oiled it...forgot what they did to be exact though.

Basically where the shaft come out of the bushing, on both ends, just a drop a high quality machine oil.

041-5029-04 (resized).jpg041-5029-04 (resized).jpg
#10354 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I don't know if the mech is the same as the POTC spinner, but the MOTOR is the exact same as used in shaker motors. If you want to just replace the motor use this: https://www.pinballlife.com/replacement-motor-for-stern-shaker-kits.html
I've also read some posts of people oiling the motor bushings to make it quieter. I haven't done this myself but it's worth a shot before replacing it.

Thanks!

#10355 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Quoted from AUKraut:

Basically where the shaft come out of the bushing, on both ends, just a drop a high quality machine oil.
[quoted image]

Thanks guys. I’ll check it out this weekend. I might go the same route with my Stern POTC.

#10356 2 years ago
Quoted from FalconDriver:

Thanks guys. I’ll check it out this weekend. I might go the same route with my Stern POTC.

I should just do mine too.

Is 3 in 1 oil ok or is there a better oil?

#10357 2 years ago

Hey folks what’s the next step down from the clear disk? I just played first game on my tron that thing is nuts I’m surprised doesn’t break stuff it throws the ball so fast… also is there a way to turn down the motor?
Cheers

#10358 2 years ago

Enjoying my Tron LE, thought it was the titan silicon that was making it go so fast, but even with standard rubber, this game is over-the-top like almost violet fast. Seems to me that every coil hits too hard (like sling to outlane drain can be over before even having a chance to react). No place to adjust the sling coils, so either the game is meant to be insane or somebody put coils in that are too strong. Like I’ve played fast games but this one takes the cake. Do all Trons play like this? I didn’t recall it when playing my buddies LE before getting mine, but may have not been looking for it.

It’s currently my go-to game when I want to play something in less than 5 mins, which is more often than when I have time to play a 20-30 minute game.

#10359 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Enjoying my Tron LE, thought it was the titan silicon that was making it go so fast, but even with standard rubber, this game is over-the-top like almost violet fast. Seems to me that every coil hits too hard (like sling to outlane drain can be over before even having a chance to react). No place to adjust the sling coils, so either the game is meant to be insane or somebody put coils in that are too strong. Like I’ve played fast games but this one takes the cake. Do all Trons play like this? I didn’t recall it when playing my buddies LE before getting mine, but may have not been looking for it.
It’s currently my go-to game when I want to play something in less than 5 mins, which is more often than when I have time to play a 20-30 minute game.

Tron is definitely a fast game. You can check your sling coils to be sure they are stock strength, but they probably are. Mine are very active too, but I find Tron to be fast but fair, and not a drain monster. I feel like I can usually get control again when the ball is ping-ponging between the slings, unlike say, EATPM, which is just chaos once the slings get going. Reaction time is shorter on Tron than most pins I’ve played. I also keep mine set fairly steep, which keeps things interesting. Not many things stop the ball on Tron. The disc interrupts play briefly, but you have to be ready for bullets SDTM. I usually keep my flippers up whenever the ball leaves the disc, because I can’t react quickly enough at times. You can also disable the post in the back of the pf and crank up the speed even more!

#10360 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Standard rubber here and plenty fast for me on mine since day one.

#10361 2 years ago

Give it some time. The clear disc rubber will mellow.
I'm on my second.
After a few years on the first rubber, when I put on a fresh one, it was cray-cray for a while.

Jason

Hey folks what’s the next step down from the clear disk? I just played first game on my tron that thing is nuts I’m surprised doesn’t break stuff it throws the ball so fast… also is there a way to turn down the motor?
Cheers

#10362 2 years ago

I had my flippers die mid-ball twice in the last few plays. Not much to go wrong on the trough, pretty basic switches. Does this thing have a switch matrix like an old WPC? I don’t know much about this genre Stern. I’ve added some 12v mods, but I don’t think that’s it, they are going dead like the ball drained. And then right back to active once it hits the trough. Any thoughts? I think the only two things that could cause the flippers to die is tilt and drain, no?

EDIT (update) - are the EOS switches backwards on these whitestar machines (closed until flipper reached EOS)? Assuming they have to be. I did get an intermittent ball trough jam Switch to close when playing around. Assuming that’s my bogey.

#10363 2 years ago

Quick question… can you turn down the spinning disk speed? Second, My pro has a shaker in it that when it fires up sounds like a friggin wood chipper… is there any technique for quieting them? I have shakes in most my games… and they sound nothing like this thing lol

#10364 2 years ago

Is there a trick to this rubber ring on the right side of the shooter lane of Tron? I have mirror blades (stick out a little) which may make it worse, but how do you keep that ring staying down when you’re putting the playfield down?

BCD1622C-F8D4-4E85-9E0D-EE41BB7B8EDD (resized).jpegBCD1622C-F8D4-4E85-9E0D-EE41BB7B8EDD (resized).jpeg
#10365 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Is there a trick to this rubber ring on the right side of the shooter lane of Tron? I have mirror blades (stick out a little) which may make it worse, but how do you keep that ring staying down when you’re putting the playfield down?
[quoted image]

Smaller ring? That one looks way too big.

#10366 2 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Smaller ring? That one looks way too big.

I just replaced what was on there (probably wrong size), same size I think 2” or 2 1/4”. But I think you’re right, maybe I will try to stretch a 1.5” and see how that works.

#10367 2 years ago

Should this stand up target be sticking out enough to redirect the ball rolling backwards down the Quarra shot? Or is it just bent out to the right from getting hammered over and over?

My E (on ZUSE stand ups) is also bent to the right. Pretty standard or should I be getting new stand up target switches?

42F5F9BA-6213-41D4-88D7-3D415418F531 (resized).jpeg42F5F9BA-6213-41D4-88D7-3D415418F531 (resized).jpeg96966EBB-2C64-41B4-8C73-AA9B059AC959 (resized).jpeg96966EBB-2C64-41B4-8C73-AA9B059AC959 (resized).jpeg
#10368 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Should this stand up target be sticking out enough to redirect the ball rolling backwards down the Quarra shot? Or is it just bent out to the right from getting hammered over and over?
My E (on ZUSE stand ups) is also bent to the right. Pretty standard or should I be getting new stand up target switches?
[quoted image][quoted image]

They start to lean from repeated hits over time. Stand ups generally start out straight up. In some cases, like when they are close to the entry to a ramp, it makes sense to have them lean slightly out of the way. I usually adjust mine periodically to be upright. You can adjust some standups and re-tighten. Others have rivets holding them in place and are tricky to correct. I believe you can also buy stand up mods that hold the target upright. I can’t recall who sells them, but I’ve seen them.

#10369 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

It's bent. Go to Mezel Mods and order Stern Target Splints. I just installed these awhile ago and they live up to the hype. They install from the bottom of the playfield and create a super tight shell around the target. You can search here on Pinside for reviews. Very easy to install.
https://mezelmods.com/products/stern-target-splints?_pos=1&_sid=7ffe403a0&_ss=r&variant=923513721

#10370 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

They start to lean from repeated hits over time. Stand ups generally start out straight up. In some cases, like when they are close to the entry to a ramp, it makes sense to have them lean slightly out of the way. I usually adjust mine periodically to be upright. You can adjust some standups and re-tighten. Others have rivets holding them in place and are tricky to correct. I believe you can also buy stand up mods that hold the target upright. I can’t recall who sells them, but I’ve seen them.

Quoted from neverahighscore:

It's bent. Go to Mezel Mods and order Stern Target Splints. I just installed these awhile ago and they live up to the hype. They install from the bottom of the playfield and create a super tight shell around the target. You can search here on Pinside for reviews. Very easy to install.
https://mezelmods.com/products/stern-target-splints?_pos=1&_sid=7ffe403a0&_ss=r&variant=923513721

Thank you both. I figured as much. I’ll check out the splints and I believe this is similar to the palantir target on LOTR, it get pretty worked over and I ordered a replacement that is more sturdy (per recommendation from Pinside, might be the same piece).

#10371 2 years ago

Or if you have a 3D printer you can print your own target splints for free

#10372 2 years ago

Or if you have a 3D printer you can print your own target splints for free

Link for the lazy : https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3022038

#10374 2 years ago

nice work koops I printed a few and used PETG they are pretty darn strong, going to modify a bit and make them for my JJP POTC as well

#10375 2 years ago

Yes to the splints. I’ve put them on all my games. The 1/2” ones are easy Peasy rhe about 1” ones have to be taken apart but not bad. Was a must on the lotr and AC/DC lower pf

#10376 2 years ago

nice work koops I printed a few and used PETG they are pretty darn strong, going to modify a bit and make them for my JJP POTC as well

I did already make one for the left ramp right side but it purpose is to stop the target from leaning backwards.
I havnt had an issue with leaning targets on my pirates.

The rest are here : https://www.thingiverse.com/koopertrooper/designs

#10377 2 years ago

Does anyone have a lead on a total light show kit or Eli ramp light mod? I’m putting together a nicely modded pro and that’s the last piece of the puzzle. I played a nicely modded pro in fla this week and it had the Tls.

#10378 2 years ago
Quoted from Lemank:

Does anyone have a lead on a total light show kit or Eli ramp light mod? I’m putting together a nicely modded pro and that’s the last piece of the puzzle. I played a nicely modded pro in fla this week and it had the Tls.

there are a handful of us waiting on timebandit. Not sure if anyone knows him personally, but he posted he had some almost ready, then left the forum. So, not sure, but he had the best option....

#10379 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

there are a handful of us waiting on timebandit. Not sure if anyone knows him personally, but he posted he had some almost ready, then left the forum. So, not sure, but he had the best option....

Sold quite a few of his machines he was using for dev so perhaps don't hold your breath. He did mention that he was pretty busy outside of the hobby too.

https://www.aussiearcade.com/forum/trading-forum/for-sale/for-sale-pinball-open-for-posting/2212015-metallica-pro-led-huo-w-extras
https://www.aussiearcade.com/forum/trading-forum/for-sale/for-sale-pinball-open-for-posting/2206679-ac-dc-pro-vault-one-of-a-kind
https://www.aussiearcade.com/forum/trading-forum/for-sale/for-sale-pinball-open-for-posting/2115347-iron-man-vault-edition-imve

#10380 2 years ago

Just got the speaker panel decal on… looks great kinda wish it didn’t say tron… but hey better than the wood I think?

456DF517-5F6E-456E-BFAB-F558083E757C (resized).jpeg456DF517-5F6E-456E-BFAB-F558083E757C (resized).jpeg
#10382 2 years ago

Just got the speaker panel decal on… looks great kinda wish it didn’t say tron… but hey better than the wood I think?
[quoted image]

I think it looks great. Maybe better without the word TRON right below the word TRON, but that's okay.

My friend fabricated up some sweet speaker covers with light cycles on them. I need to pester him into making another one for me.

#10383 2 years ago

[quoted image]

Is that the hot toys flynn bike? I have the same thing my plan was to do the same thing! How did you mount it !?

Do you have it somehow light up when the machine is turned on?

#10384 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Is that the hot toys flynn bike? I have the same thing my plan was to do the same thing! How did you mount it !?
Do you have it somehow light up when the machine is turned on?

I have one too but still unopened in box. Picked one up way before getting my Tron. It would be cool to maybe mount a blue led strip on side of cycle.

#10385 2 years ago

Yes it is the hot toys. This one has an acrylic base with leds under the bike. One is always on and then there are 3 others that light up with flash lamps in the game at various points. It’s pretty rad! Oh and the bike lights up also. I can post a video

#10386 2 years ago

Yes it is the hot toys. This one has an acrylic base with leds under the bike. One is always on and then there are 3 others that light up with flash lamps in the game at various points. It’s pretty rad! Oh and the bike lights up also. I can post a video

I'd love to see a vid of it in action!

#10387 2 years ago

Yes please post video, if you can show how you mounted it that would be awesome too , thanks man!

#10388 2 years ago

Will do! Also my disk flew off lol I assume this is pretty normal. Do you all attempt to reattach or just order a new one? Thanks

A3AF7C65-E16F-4589-8484-372BE8A74578 (resized).jpegA3AF7C65-E16F-4589-8484-372BE8A74578 (resized).jpeg
#10389 2 years ago

What's the top surface like? Still good or shredded?

If its still good I'd probably just use some spray adhesive. I did this when mine came off around the edges.
I ended up taking everything off and redoing it using this stuff ( https://www.bunnings.com.au/selleys-150g-kwik-grip-spray-contact-adhesive_p1230081 )

Check the instructions of the spray you use but mine suggested spraying and leaving for 5 mins to get tacky them pressing/clamping it down.

#10390 2 years ago

Thanks so much it is still sticky will try your recommendation and I have Some adhesive

#10391 2 years ago

Tried to re-glue it.. lasted about 5 games. so ordered a new disk pad set. The only place I could find the clear pad set was from pinball mods http://pinball-mods.com/oscom/spinning-disk-p-51.html

Also ordered a new disk as well.

#10392 2 years ago

Tried to re-glue it.. lasted about 5 games. so ordered a new disk pad set. The only place I could find the clear pad set was from pinball mods http://pinball-mods.com/oscom/spinning-disk-p-51.html
Also ordered a new disk as well.

Smart to order the new disk. That's what I ended up doing when the pad was coming off. The glue is extremely hard to get off the disk, which makes it hard for the new pad to adhere properly.

#10393 2 years ago

Once you get a new clear rubber disc, clean the hard disc to remove all the glue residue. I then used some clear Goop adhesive in the grooves, spreading it out thin and even. I then attached the clear rubber to that, put some weight on it, and let it rest 24-36 hours. It has been rock solid since.

#10395 2 years ago

Just posted a question there about it. Anyone can explain what it does? You need to remove all current decals?

#10396 2 years ago

You could actually apply them directly over the regular decals...I’ve done it before ..super easy in my opinion. That’s the way I will do them on mine. They are thick enough that it doesn’t need to be perfectly smooth like a decal replacement does.

#10397 2 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

You could actually apply them directly over the regular decals...I’ve done it before ..super easy in my opinion. That’s the way I will do them on mine. They are thick enough that it doesn’t need to be perfectly smooth like a decal replacement does.

cant wait! Can u imagine a tron with freaking radcals.. bad ass! Shiny babes on the backbox!

#10398 2 years ago

Lol..I agree..the game deserves it. I just need everybody that is seriously interested to pm me so I can move to the next step.

#10399 2 years ago

Or, a butter cab on Tron.. one can dream! Lol

#10400 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Or, a butter cab on Tron.. one can dream! Lol

My Tron is screen printed - others I’ve seen use decals with higher resolution.

A high res screen print would be nirvana.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Beach, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

There are 11,635 posts in this topic. You are on page 208 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/208 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.