tron1 (resized).jpg
tron2 (resized).jpg
IMG_4921 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4920 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6148 (resized).png
IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
There are 11,645 posts in this topic. You are on page 202 of 233.
#10051 3 years ago
Quoted from jsa2145:

Aproximately how much do you guys think a Tron PRO in good condition is worth these days ?
Thanks

tough question. Depends on condition of wear, location, mods etc.

Maybe $6k average? I haven't been following of sale prices.

#10052 3 years ago

Thanks, I saw one at $10 500 (canadian) and was wondering if they really gained that much value.

#10053 3 years ago
Quoted from jsa2145:

Aproximately how much do you guys think a Tron PRO in good condition is worth these days ?
Thanks

Depends a lot on the mods and shape. I wouldn't sell mine for less that $9,800 CAD... But it's also bolted forever.

#10054 3 years ago
Quoted from jsa2145:

Thanks

Depends if it has the most sought after mods, 3D translite, etc. On the Canadian market, I've seen $8500-9000 CAD for a completely stock game, a bit more lately. Modded, looking at $9700-10200 CAD.

#10055 3 years ago
Quoted from RandomTask:

Depends a lot on the mods and shape. I wouldn't sell mine for less that $9,800 CAD... But it's also bolted forever.

Mine bolted, too! Not a hard game to play, not challenging enough for hard core players (enough for me, thou!), but a game that brings the fun factor to any game room, IMO

Fully integrates music, theme and gameplay!

#10056 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

tough question. Depends on condition of wear, location, mods etc.
Maybe $6k average? I haven't been following of sale prices.

A bit more than $6k on the US market, for sure!

#10057 3 years ago

hi
we will do a new group order the next days
for the stainless steel speaker panels
if you are interested, let me know
also available
Tron
AC DC
Spiderman
LOTR
Metallica
tom

5e3da1a214c1a2bb39193a02616844366bc663d0 (resized).jpg5e3da1a214c1a2bb39193a02616844366bc663d0 (resized).jpg
#10058 3 years ago

Was able to find a Gem on EBay without breaking the bank, and she came with a Sam Flynn, who I gave a deadly disc.

C5E355ED-C87D-493A-96FD-AB160AD6E84B (resized).pngC5E355ED-C87D-493A-96FD-AB160AD6E84B (resized).png
#10059 3 years ago

Just a small update on Flynn's Arcade mod.
New version is more grey tone, and 2 led inside: 1 for FLYNN'S logo (connected to flynn's arcade insert) and 1 RGB slow fade, connected to general illumination that illuminate the door and windows. Perfectly fit the DMD animation. PM me if interested.

20210302_174349 (resized).jpg20210302_174349 (resized).jpg20210302_174159 (resized).jpg20210302_174159 (resized).jpg20210302_174156 (resized).jpg20210302_174156 (resized).jpg
#10060 3 years ago

Can you still get the lighted Flynn arcade sign? Also, can you still get the stainless pop pumper caps? If so on both, does anyone know where they can be purchased at?

#10061 3 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Can you still get the lighted Flynn arcade sign? Also, can you still get the stainless pop pumper caps? If so on both, does anyone know where they can be purchased at?

https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p5/Tron-Pop-Bumper-Kit-Pinball-Mod.html
pop caps

Timebandit is coming back to pinball mods and the tron ramp kit will be available again!

#10062 3 years ago
Quoted from DystopicPinball:

Just a small update on Flynn's Arcade mod.
New version is more grey tone, and 2 led inside: 1 for FLYNN'S logo (connected to flynn's arcade insert) and 1 RGB slow fade, connected to general illumination that illuminate the door and windows. Perfectly fit the DMD animation. PM me if interested.

Neato!
I thought I was done w/ Tron mods, but maaaaybe not...

1. Why is 1 letter in "FLYNN'S" falling? I guess that's how it appears in Tron: Legacy (took me much Googling to find such an image). So, the DMD seems to be showing the Tron: Non-Legacy uncrooked sign. Stern discontinuity! Considering making a version w/ a "straight" sign?

2. Do you make the "Home of Tron" arcade mount also? That's slick!

3. Price(s) on FLYNN's & Home of Tron?

Thank you!
-Jason

#10063 3 years ago
Quoted from jasonbar:

Neato!
I thought I was done w/ Tron mods, but maaaaybe not...
1. Why is 1 letter in "FLYNN'S" falling? I guess that's how it appears in Tron: Legacy (took me much Googling to find such an image). So, the DMD seems to be showing the Tron: Non-Legacy uncrooked sign. Stern discontinuity! Considering making a version w/ a "straight" sign?
2. Do you make the "Home of Tron" arcade mount also? That's slick!
3. Price(s) on FLYNN's & Home of Tron?
Thank you!
-Jason

1. At the end of the movie, the N look faulty, that's why i did it crooked. In the DMD animation N is faulty too. I wont make any modification to actual design.
2. yes
3. If interested send me a pm, i have 1 spare print available.

2021-03-04_17h32_59 (resized).png2021-03-04_17h32_59 (resized).png
#10064 3 years ago

Any recommendations on El Wire? I’m sure quality has changed over the years. I bought some basic blue off Ebay recently and the brightness is poor. Just looking at EL wire options; not the Pinsuino.

#10065 3 years ago
Quoted from TrueJedi:

Any recommendations on El Wire? I’m sure quality has changed over the years. I bought some basic blue off Ebay recently and the brightness is poor. Just looking at EL wire options; not the Pinsuino.

I hope this doesn't come across rude, but the el wire just won't compare to any of the proper fibre kits.

Spend the extra money and do it right.

El wire is often too thin, too dim, and just makes the game look worse.

Again, my opinion, but if you don't do it right, maybe don't do it at all.

#10066 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

I hope this doesn't come across rude, but the el wire just won't compare to any of the proper fibre kits.
Spend the extra money and do it right.
El wire is often too thin, too dim, and just makes the game look worse.
Again, my opinion, but if you don't do it right, maybe don't do it at all.

Not rude, but bad advice nonetheless.

I sold the following TRON with orange/blue el wire and it wasn't "thin or too dim". Looked great.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-tron-legacy-immaculate-pro#post-5164839

I added the el wire many years ago, so I can't help TrueJedi with the specifics. Just don't be discouraged if you want to pursue the static el option.

#10067 3 years ago

That looks really good and more of what I’m looking for. It looks thicker and brighter.

Quoted from snaroff:

I sold the following TRON with orange/blue el wire and it wasn't "thin or too dim". Looked great.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-tron-legacy-immaculate-pro#post-5164839
I added the el wire many years ago, so I can't help truejedi with the specifics. Just don't be discouraged if you want to pursue the static el option.

#10068 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I added the el wire many years ago, so I can't help truejedi with the specifics. Just don't be discouraged if you want to pursue the static el option.

Just for the record, it's relatively straightforward (and cheap) to add "non game controlled" fiber optics. The fiber optics system is essentially an RGB led emitter connected to fiber optics cables. In my Tron that's what I have, and it cycles colors.

There are two downsides though:
- Not game controlled, unlike Eli's mod
- The brightness tends to dim at the exit of the ramp (the light emitters are connected on both sides of the fiber optic - so two per ramp, so the exit of the ramp is the farthest point from the emitter). Probably can be improved with the right choice of LED emitter and fiber

#10069 3 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Just for the record, it's relatively straightforward (and cheap) to add "non game controlled" fiber optics. The fiber optics system is essentially an RGB led emitter connected to fiber optics cables. In my Tron that's what I have, and it cycles colors.
There are two downsides though:
- Not game controlled, unlike Eli's mod
- The brightness tends to dim at the exit of the ramp (the light emitters are connected on both sides of the fiber optic - so two per ramp, so the exit of the ramp is the farthest point from the emitter). Probably can be improved with the right choice of LED emitter and fiber

I fully aware...I own 2 TRON's currently. One with Eli's mod and the Stern fiber optics on my LE.

Nevertheless, the static LED's on the game I sold in the post above worked great.

#10070 3 years ago

What’s a NIB/NOB (to swap cpu) Tron LE with 4 test plays of the board, worth these days?

#10071 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

What’s a NIB/NOB (to swap cpu) Tron LE with 4 test plays of the board, worth these days?

A 2-bedroom home and a healthy kidney.

#10072 3 years ago

1 panel will be available next week

all others are pre-orders

ae659bb3c8603f6e3b8588d22e20d5717bb49700 (resized).jpgae659bb3c8603f6e3b8588d22e20d5717bb49700 (resized).jpg
#10073 3 years ago

tron arcade mod power issue - So mine was super finicky and going in/out. I took it out tonight and pulled the plug on the lcd board, plugged in my program/data cable and it works perfect. My plug on the 5 pin, looks hand made, so I'm assuming it is just losing connection. The "stock" plug is a 5 pin however only 5v and gnd are needed so you could get away with two single female ends. From someone else's picture it looked like too big of gauge wire was used inside the 5 pin connector. That is what I bet is working its way out.

#10074 3 years ago

So finally decided due to a massive change of plans thanks to covid, it’s time to sell on my NIB Tron LE, only pulled out the box to fit new CPU from Stern, 6 plays in total to test the board. If anyone’s looking for an LE that’s basically NIB drop me a pm, I’ve got a shipping company that can pick it up at my door and drop it off at yours so couldn’t be more simple.

LE#50 so it’s part of the first #50 Signed by John Borg and Gary Stern under the clear,

#10075 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

So finally decided due to a massive change of plans thanks to covid, it’s time to sell on my NIB Tron LE, only pulled out the box to fit new CPU from Stern, 6 plays in total to test the board. If anyone’s looking for an LE that’s basically NIB drop me a pm, I’ve got a shipping company that can pick it up at my door and drop it off at yours so couldn’t be more simple.
LE#50 so it’s part of the first #50 Signed by John Borg and Gary Stern under the clear,

If I didn't have mine, I'd be very curious, however not sure in today's market I'm ready to make the jump up.

Good luck with the sale though post it in the marketplace and I'm sure you'll get some serious buyers.

#10076 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Very cool! How did you know the CPU was bad?

#10077 3 years ago

I was cutting glue off the plug for the arcade mod and the pins looked corroded. I used contact cleaner and a pick to get in to the holes as best I could. Put it back in the game and it boots. I'm going to glue this back and see how long it works. The leds for the marquee and joystick are tied into the 5v at the plug as well so it makes it hard to remove it from the mod.

#10078 3 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Very cool! How did you know the CPU was bad?

CPU was fine it just needed the MHz block removing.

#10079 3 years ago

Good evening. Where can I but they clear spinning disc? The really crazy one. Thanks in advance!

#10080 3 years ago
F88487D1-628E-45A0-BF81-F13A1F64A914 (resized).jpegF88487D1-628E-45A0-BF81-F13A1F64A914 (resized).jpeg
#10081 3 years ago

I think this is what you are looking for?

#10082 3 years ago

You will get some crazy action the first 25-50 plays. Later it is more normal. The first games with this disc on it I really thought it was going to break something.

#10083 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

If I didn't have mine, I'd be very curious, however not sure in today's market I'm ready to make the jump up.
Good luck with the sale though post it in the marketplace and I'm sure you'll get some serious buyers.

Thanks dude, I’ll be listing it later today probably, along with an Avatar LE that’s equally as NOB, cpu and battery check.

1 week later
#10084 3 years ago

Anyone has pinstadium lights in their Tron? I have added a set with UV light flashers but which flasher did you attach it to? I added it now to the spinning disc flasher but this is way to much especially during disc multiball. Any other more subtle solutions?

#10085 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Any other more subtle solutions?

Yep, get rid of them. not needed!

#10086 3 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Yep, get rid of them. not needed!

Agreed. I had to undo pink and blue puke GI but Comet 2SMD cool white made everything look great. I added spots on the slings to brighten up the middle a bit. All it needed IMO.

#10087 3 years ago

I'm finally back in the game! Now, the impossible task of finding an Eli Ramp Illumination Kit again.

#10088 3 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

I'm finally back in the game! Now, the impossible task of finding an Eli Ramp Illumination Kit again.

I paid for some replacement filament back in January and never got so much as a follow up email lol.

#10089 3 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Welcome back Program!

TimeBandit appears to have derezzed himself.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

...And his website gone: http://www.redshiftled.com.au/

No obvious reasoning.

Pinbits out of stock for well over 1yr now (at least it has been whenever I’ve checked, which admittedly isn’t all that often): https://pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=566

Sad times... TRON Pro feels naked and incomplete without this mod.

Slightly worrying that if either mod were to die there would be no one around to help. At least with an LE you can buy Stern parts (i think?).

PS - I'm waiting for the second run of TNA before diving in...

#10090 3 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Welcome back Program!
[quoted image]
No obvious reasoning.
Pinbits out of stock for well over 1yr now: https://pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=566

Funny, Pinbits is who I ordered from. No response to my follow-up email a couple weeks ago. Going to have to initiate a chargeback at this point, I guess. Bleh.

#10091 3 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

Funny, Pinbits is who I ordered from. No response to my follow-up email a couple weeks ago. Going to have to initiate a chargeback at this point, I guess. Bleh.

Ah, I’ve updated my post to be more accurate re: Pinbits, sorry.

Every contact email I’ve sent Pinbits in the last 3yrs hasn’t had any reply. They have fulfilled orders though, assuming stock was available.

#10092 3 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Welcome back Program!
[quoted image]
No obvious reasoning.
Pinbits out of stock for well over 1yr now (at least it has been whenever I’ve checked, which admittedly isn’t all that often): https://pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=566

A real shame.

I was waiting for a DMD Apron for ~3 years for my Tron. Both myself and Mike were keen to get a run of them in chrome, but for various reasons this just dragged on and on and eventually he stopped replying to my PMs back in early 2020.

He produced some quality stuff for the Alien crowd too (much improved LED boards if memory serves).

I do hope he's ok.

#10093 3 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

A real shame.
I was waiting for a DMD Apron for ~3 years for my Tron. Both myself and Mike were keen to get a run of them in chrome, but for various reasons this just dragged on and on and eventually he stopped replying to my PMs back in early 2020.
He produced some quality stuff for the Alien crowd too (much improved LED boards if memory serves).
I do hope he's ok.

Yes I think he has struggled a bit over the years from reading posts from him, I do like a good read etc
Same here, hope he is ok. Too much pressure sometimes and a time out can do you good.

#10094 3 years ago

All signs indicate that Pinbits is defunct. Do a search on "Pinbits" to learn more.

Thanks,
Jason

#10095 3 years ago
Quoted from jasonbar:

All signs indicate that Pinbits is defunct. Do a search on "Pinbits" to learn more.
Thanks,
Jason

That's a bummer.

Is there anywhere else to buy replacement wire?

#10096 3 years ago

That's a bummer.
Is there anywhere else to buy replacement wire?

Not sure I understand, by wire you mean EL Wire or fiber optics?

In both cases... Aliexpress....

A pic would be helpful to get pointers

#10097 3 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Not sure I understand, by wire you mean EL Wire or fiber optics?
In both cases... Aliexpress....
A pic would be helpful to get pointers

The actual ramp fiber that wraps around the blue ramp is what I need. Mine snapped while I was trying to loosen ramps to clean (I lost 2-3" of length) and now one side isn't long enough to reach the box that emits the light. See how the right side (at the ramp entrance) is less vivid than the left? That's because one side isn't plugged in.

PXL_20210403_141902154 (resized).jpgPXL_20210403_141902154 (resized).jpgPXL_20210403_141907163.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20210403_141907163.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20210403_141921638.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20210403_141921638.MP (resized).jpg

https://pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_65&products_id=591 this is what I tried to order from Pinbits.

#10098 3 years ago

The actual ramp fiber that wraps around the blue ramp is what I need. Mine snapped while I was trying to loosen ramps to clean (I lost 2-3" of length) and now one side isn't long enough to reach the box that emits the light. See how the right side (at the ramp entrance) is less vivid than the left? That's because one side isn't plugged in.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
https://pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_65&products_id=591 this is what I tried to order from Pinbits.

I think Pinbits is pretty much toast now. There's an active thread about it. Order from them and you risk losing your money. Shame, too, because they're great people.

#10099 3 years ago

Just take a measurement of the fiber diameter, and order through aliexpress

Here's an example:
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mrU8vMR

Use a caliper to measure diameter. Probably need more than 1m, so order 5m (and you'll have some spare)

1 week later
#10100 3 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/69241

Do these siderails exist anywhere still? I'm assuming not..any leads on used ones maybe? I'd love to buy a set of those, either raw or chromed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

There are 11,645 posts in this topic. You are on page 202 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/202?hl=jsa2145 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.