IMG_3026 (resized).png
IMG_3018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
TRON_SpinDisc Mounted (resized).jpg
IMG_5680 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1247 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4179 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4176 (resized).jpeg

There are 11,621 posts in this topic. You are on page 200 of 233.
#9951 3 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

Just following up on this one last time, I decided to swap the linked pad from my YELLOW disc--since I figured it was the most likely one to still look good with an 'inferior' bulb inside--in to the BLUE disc and I put a sunlight 4x4 flasher under the YELLOW disc. It's actually doing just fine compared to the orange and blue now, and blue looks pretty good. Those pads are frickin' awesome though, I think I'll definitely be ordering a few for supply purposes when I order the cycles. I'm sure they won't look good under any sort of translucent caps, but under metal/solid caps...they definitely have potential. Thanks again for the link![quoted image][quoted image]

Nitpicking here, lol, but how should those Tron stickers be aligned? All to be read from one direction, aligned with the lines in that chrome part?.. just wondering what would look best..

#9952 3 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Nitpicking here, lol, but how should those Tron stickers be aligned? All to be read from one direction, aligned with the lines in that chrome part?.. just wondering what would look best..

I'm sure they'd be better if they were lined up differently..not sure what the instructions said. I'm not gonna mess with it, out of fear of making them worse or ruining them entirely.

#9953 3 years ago

I'm sure they'd be better if they were lined up differently..not sure what the instructions said. I'm not gonna mess with it, out of fear of making them worse or ruining them entirely.

Oh, they actually come off easily, they are printed on vinyl. You can use a bit of heat on them first (not too much) just so the glue don't stick as much. Then you can reposition..

#9954 3 years ago

Guess we just need to decide on the 'correct' orientation, huh.

Random, but has anyone ever taken the head off on one of these? I know, I know.."it folds down! why would you do that!?" ... My stairs are a nightmare. I take on considerably less risk of doing *any* damage to the cab if I take it down in two pieces. The hard 90 at the bottom of my stairs, on a too-small landing to actually rotate anything..makes me really nervous with this pin. I don't typically care that much with my older System 11 games..they all have nicks here and there anyway and I consider it character. I sure as hell do *not* want to damage this cab. So..how hard is it to separate? Is it a complete nightmare?

#9955 3 years ago

Well, shit. I noticed how dirty my machine was, especially on the rear loop, so I loosened the ramps in order to get back there....and snapped one of the fiber cables (under the playfield) and now it won't reach. Is there a place to go buy more of this? Do I have any other option besides redoing an entire section of this?

At least the game is cleaned and waxed now, I guess? :'(

#9956 3 years ago

This is a first for me! Still think these pop bumper kits are awesome.

Tron Bumper Cap (resized).jpgTron Bumper Cap (resized).jpg
#9957 3 years ago
Quoted from dacdjsteve:

This is a first for me! Still think these pop bumper kits are awesome.
[quoted image]

LOL. Nice! I finally had a decent game on mine. So close to portal.. but not quite.

20210115_171929 (resized).jpg20210115_171929 (resized).jpg

#9958 3 years ago

I have absolutely no idea how this happened. Forgot to keep the ball from draining though (I was working my way back to sea of simulation for a second time after failing the first trip) and ended at 66mil. Boo.

20210115_201419 (resized).jpg20210115_201419 (resized).jpg20210115_201426 (resized).jpg20210115_201426 (resized).jpg
#9959 3 years ago

I have absolutely no idea how this happened. Forgot to keep the ball from draining though (I was working my way back to sea of simulation for a second time after failing the first trip) and ended at 66mil. Boo.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I’ve had that one a handful of times now. The ball jumps up above the disc and then works it’s way left behind the ramp. I’m amazed no one else reports this. Perhaps our machines are lacking some retrospective ball trap stopper up there. Mine’s a 1st run Pro.

#9960 3 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

I’ve had that one a handful of times now. The ball jumps up above the disc and then works it’s way left behind the ramp. I’m amazed no one else reports this. Perhaps our machines are lacking some retrospective ball trap stopper up there. Mine’s a 1st run Pro.

I think I remember it hitting that spot HARD on order to get there, so it was definitely some fluky shit. Only sucks because of the game situation i mentioned, but oh well. I'll get there eventually!

#9961 3 years ago

My tron arcade mod is acting up like like a poster above. Where it randomly is on or off at boot.... ugh I’ll have to pull the board and test. I was hoping it was the wiring of the blue speaker wire but that tested fine

#9962 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

My tron arcade mod is acting up like like a poster above. Where it randomly is on or off at boot.... ugh I’ll have to pull the board and test. I was hoping it was the wiring of the blue speaker wire but that tested fine

Hope you get it figured out! I ended up pulling it and mailing it off for refurb.

#9963 3 years ago

noticed that my arcade mod takes a while to start running the screen. sometimes I leave it on all day and it doesn't come on at all. anyone have this issue with their mod?

16109259871804509237353544299887 (resized).jpg16109259871804509237353544299887 (resized).jpg
#9964 3 years ago

Hahaha, did we find the eol of these boards?

I have the programming cable, I’ll test more

#9965 3 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

noticed that my arcade mod takes a while to start running the screen. sometimes I leave it on all day and it doesn't come on at all. anyone have this issue with their mod?
[quoted image]

Seems to be a common problem reported here. Happens to mine too. About half the time it doesn’t come on, or comes on a little after power up. Not sure why.

#9966 3 years ago

So after all these years looks like I might move on my LE, this one stored at my second home so barely any plays, Borg Signed playfield will miss this one.

#9967 3 years ago

[quoted image]

Mine does the same. If I disconnect power at either end of the cable, then reconnect, it nearly always starts up properly. That makes me think it's not due to a poor power connection, since either end works.

#9968 3 years ago

Finally finished my Tron city mod. I thought i would do my interpretation of the grid and apply it to my machine. All towers / buildings are under lit and diffuse the light nicely. All the mods just bolt on and no un-reversable modification need to be made to the machine.

Still need to do some clean up work and reprints for the Encom logo and still need to remove some of the fuzz from the carbon fiber filament. Carbon i thought was the way to go as regular black has too much sheen to it.

IMG_2819 (resized).JPGIMG_2819 (resized).JPGIMG_2820 (resized).JPGIMG_2820 (resized).JPGIMG_2822 (resized).JPGIMG_2822 (resized).JPGIMG_2824 (resized).JPGIMG_2824 (resized).JPGIMG_2826 (resized).JPGIMG_2826 (resized).JPGIMG_2827 (resized).JPGIMG_2827 (resized).JPG
#9969 3 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

Finally finished my Tron city mod. I thought i would do my interpretation of the grid and apply it to my machine. All towers / buildings are under lit and diffuse the light nicely. All the mods just bolt on and no un-reversable modification need to be made to the machine.
Still need to do some clean up work and reprints for the Encom logo and still need to remove some of the fuzz from the carbon fiber filament. Carbon i thought was the way to go as regular black has too much sheen to it. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome work! Those look great. Let me know if you make some extras cuz I'd be down for some.

#9970 3 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Awesome work! Those look great. Let me know if you make some extras cuz I'd be down for some.

I plan on making 6 city sets that will include instructions, towers and lights.

2 weeks later
#9971 3 years ago

Does anyone know where I can find a playfield protector for Tron? I have checked the normal places, but nobody seems to have them. I know of the place in Germany, but I have heard they roll them when shipping them.

#9972 3 years ago

Just got this Tron Hot Toys statue. Trying to figure out how to mount it as a topper. I think itll look good lit up.

hot_toys_tron__sam_flynn_with_light_cycle_1483278690_1e0d5777 (resized).jpghot_toys_tron__sam_flynn_with_light_cycle_1483278690_1e0d5777 (resized).jpg
#9973 3 years ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

Does anyone know where I can find a playfield protector for Tron? I have checked the normal places, but nobody seems to have them. I know of the place in Germany, but I have heard they roll them when shipping them.

https://www.playfield-protectors.com/Home/Details/kjitHZkBxEGqWoFSrXyD6g?catgoryid=22&name=TRON%3A%20Legacy%20%7C%202011%20%7C%20Playfield%20Protector

Mine came flat packed about 6yrs ago now, but that was to the UK.

Still going strong.

You'd need to ask them how they ship internationally.

#9974 3 years ago

I emailed them they said they ship flat, so I ordered one. I got my Tron with 500 plays on it. Now I have about 4700 ish, and saw this not to long ago. Broke my heart. I put a peace of mylar on it, but as much as I play it I wanted to protect it for along time.

20210204_110235 (resized).jpg20210204_110235 (resized).jpg
#9975 3 years ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

I emailed them they said they ship flat, so I ordered one. I got my Tron with 500 plays on it. Now I have about 4700 ish, and saw this not to long ago. Broke my heart. I put a peace of mylar on it, but as much as I play it I wanted to protect it for along time.
[quoted image]

I got the same small damage at the far back, edge of disk. There's gotta be some very thin filler we can match and put in. I'm also considering ordering that same pf protector from Germany, just wondering if it affects gameplay, if it has raised edges where it will create issues..

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#9976 3 years ago

I have two other protectors. T2, an JM. Both lay nice and flat. Only play differences I have noticed is more air balls. I did raise them to about 6.8 for a bit faster play.

#9977 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Just got this Tron Hot Toys statue. Trying to figure out how to mount it as a topper. I think itll look good lit up.
[quoted image]

That looks awesome , great idea for a topper. Looks like a really expensive high end item.
Please post pics if you.can get it mounted and linked up . What voltage does it need?

#9978 3 years ago

Can someone with a machine that has the Fat EL wire installed around the ramps please let me know whats its diameter is. I need to see if my tower mod kit has enough room to still work with EL installations.

#9979 3 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

Can someone with a machine that has the Fat EL wire installed around the ramps please let me know whats its diameter is. I need to see if my tower mod kit has enough room to still work with EL installations.

Isn't it pretty standard 5mm?

#9980 3 years ago

Welp, my friend came over, completely cold, and absolutely obliterated my 105m high score (my recent scores have been mostly TERRIBLE) on his first play.

Damn.

That 8m score of mine though....

20210204_183959 (resized).jpg20210204_183959 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1612500853000 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1612500853000 (resized).jpg
#9981 3 years ago

hell of a score! I can't seem to break 60 or 70 mil... and I play every day. I do keep it waxed though...

def my most challenging game in my collection

#9982 3 years ago

Welp, my friend came over, completely cold, and absolutely obliterated my 105m high score (my recent scores have been mostly TERRIBLE) on his first play.
Damn.
That 8m score of mine though....
[quoted image][quoted image]

Beautiful! Must have been exciting to see

#9983 3 years ago

I'm not sure what my deal is lately. Tron has been absolutely DUNKING on me..over and over and over. I can throw out a 30-70mil score here and there, but there have been a TON of 6-10mil scores..with lots and lots of downright evil drains. I felt like I was getting the hang of it a week or two ago, now it feels like I'm playing it for the first time..every time. Pretty frustrating tbh. I'm sure some of it has to do with the fact that my left sling wasn't kicking very hard (the damn rivet broke, so it wasn't actually connected!) and I'm sure that made things 'easier'. Now it's linked back up and kicking like a mule..which almost certainly only makes things harder on me. So maybe it's that and I just need to adjust. But man, it's been brutal lately.

I loosened the ramps to clean back behind things somewhat (there was a noticeable ball trail back there) and felt I got it pretty decently cleaned...but the trail is back. When my new fiber cable comes for the blue ramp, I'm going to fully remove that ramp so I can clean a bit more in depth behind there. It shouldn't be getting as dirty as it's getting, IMO.

#9984 3 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Beautiful! Must have been exciting to see

I was happy to finally see portal on my game. I've been close a couple of times and then just absolutely shit the bed.

That's gonna be the GC on my game for quite a while, I'm afraid. But hey, he's the reigning Nevada state champ..so I guess it's okay.

#9985 3 years ago

hell of a score! I can't seem to break 60 or 70 mil... and I play every day. I do keep it waxed though...
def my most challenging game in my collection

Scores don't matter, it's how much fun the game is! Tron gets people excited when I turn it on - my girls were actually dancing to it the other day! Lol

#9986 3 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Scores don't matter, it's how much fun the game is! Tron gets people excited when I turn it on - my girls were actually dancing to it the other day! Lol

Oh, for sure. But when you have two or three nasty drains, over and over and over....you fall in love with the beauty of the machine (temporarily!) just a little bit less. lol

As is so commonly said around here... I just need to play better. But in the interim, Tron ain't my friend.

#9987 3 years ago

Oh, for sure. But when you have two or three nasty drains, over and over and over....you fall in love with the beauty of the machine (temporarily!) just a little bit less. lol
As is so commonly said around here... I just need to play better. But in the interim, Tron ain't my friend.

#BrokenAndBruised lol

#9988 3 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

#BrokenAndBruised lol

She's mean and she hurt my feelings!!!!

#9989 3 years ago

Isn't it pretty standard 5mm?

No there are a few sizes out there. Im not sure what stern used but it looks fat.

#9990 3 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

hasi came back with a price of $38 usd for each set. They need to do 20 sets (yeah, sheets of acrylic are not cheap!)

If someone coordinates the sell, we can receive all 20 sets without any shipping fees. I can take care of folks in Canada, anyone in the US?

Then I can go up the post and look at who was in. Please share this post with other Tron owners you may know!

Any updates for the 20 sets needed. Let's go Tron owners!

#9992 3 years ago

8 more to go! Who else wants this?

#9993 3 years ago

What exactly are these?

#9994 3 years ago

What exactly are these?

Coloured plastic covers that go over the ends of the ramps.

I’m not a huge fan as they hide from view where the ball is but quite a few people do like them though.

#9995 3 years ago
pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#9996 3 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Coloured plastic covers that go over the ends of the ramps.
I’m not a huge fan as they hide from view where the ball is but quite a few people do like them though.

Me too, Just look wrong to me but each to their own.

#9997 3 years ago

It's an interesting idea but not my style either. Wouldn't the ramp entrances be the proper places for these... or am I just dumb?

#9998 3 years ago

Question for those who have the Flynn sign mod. I acquired a Flynn sign mod and it has a connector that ultimately becomes a three holed narrow molex. I'm thinking this probably attaches to the three hole spare tap that's on the right of the cabinet just below the right flipper, although I was hesitant to connect it there without knowing for sure. Can anyone lead me in the right direction as to where exactly to attach this molex connector?
Thanks in advance!

#9999 3 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Question for those who have the Flynn sign mod. I acquired a Flynn sign mod and it has a connector that ultimately becomes a three holed narrow molex. I'm thinking this probably attaches to the three hole spare tap that's on the right of the cabinet just below the right flipper, although I was hesitant to connect it there without knowing for sure. Can anyone lead me in the right direction as to where exactly to attach this molex connector?
Thanks in advance!

That is exactly where it goes

#10000 3 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

That is exactly where it goes

Nice! Appreciate that quick reply. I had a feeling that's where it went, but it sure is nice to hear some confirmation. Thank you

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods
Plastics
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
12,028 (OBO)
$ 49.99
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods
Plastics
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Long Branch, NJ
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
There are 11,621 posts in this topic. You are on page 200 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/200?hl=ksuwildcatfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.