(Topic ID: 54093)

Official TRON lovefest thread, I love it more than lamp!

By centerflank

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9,970 posts
  • 520 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by wolffcub
  • Topic is favorited by 148 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is TRON super awesome or are you a hater?”

• TRON is unreal, centerflank is supersmart. 426 votes
    72%
  • TRON blows, voters for this option have a small dingy :( 101 votes
    17%
  • Never played TRON, but if Centerflank likes it, it must be fun!!!! 61 votes
    10%

(588 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,512 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_2827 (resized).JPG
IMG_2826 (resized).JPG
IMG_2824 (resized).JPG
IMG_2820 (resized).JPG
IMG_2822 (resized).JPG
IMG_2819 (resized).JPG
16109259871804509237353544299887 (resized).jpg
20210115_201426 (resized).jpg
20210115_201419 (resized).jpg
20210115_171929 (resized).jpg
Tron Bumper Cap (resized).jpg
4560B79A-785B-4E82-88AE-2B53F08118F9 (resized).jpeg
4E2AD49B-3A85-406C-9DB7-AD95F15DB2CA (resized).jpeg
20210112_113818 (resized).jpg
20210112_111406 (resized).jpg
20210112_111636 (resized).jpg

There are 9970 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 200.
#951 7 years ago

#952 7 years ago

oh great... yet another item i need to go buy for tron, but is it cheaper if i opt out of the sexy bonus time?

No way buddy, YOU want sexy bonus time!

My Spidey shop job is coming along nicely, target decals should be here 2moro and then the ramps go back on. I Love Ramp!

DSC09524.JPG DSC09527.JPG

#953 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

No way buddy, YOU want sexy bonus time!
My Spidey shop job is coming along nicely, target decals should be here 2moro and then the ramps go back on. I Love Ramp!

I still can't believe what great shape that spidy was in for a routed pin.

#954 7 years ago

I still can't believe what great shape that spidy was in for a routed pin.

Indeed, the outer cab has its multiple nicks but whatever, the shooter lane was its worst aspect as far as I was concerned, here is a pic before&after, I cut mylar to wrap in the ball groove, not the prettiest but good to go.

DSC09470.JPG DSC09537.JPG DSC09533.JPG

#955 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Indeed, the outer cab has its multiple nicks but whatever, the shooter lane was its worst aspect as far as I was concerned, here is a pic before&after, I cut mylar to wrap in the ball groove, not the prettiest but good to go.

I always felt you don't play the side art, playfield is king. And that SM playfield is nice. The shooter lane looks way better after you restored it.

#956 7 years ago

#957 7 years ago

Rev A Shaker Roves Ramp Rong Time...

What can I get for 10 dollars?

fmj2.JPG

#958 7 years ago

1709512-scoobydoo_gif_3_.jpg

#959 7 years ago
Quoted from Keebler:

How do you not have slide rails yet? I hated the posts for the couple hours I had to use them.

I'd never actually seen those pegs til now. When I saw the pic I thought QuarterGrabber was using some sort of crazy ribbed shooter rod as a pointer

#960 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Nice and clean, sir

#961 7 years ago

Still trying to get one of these damn pins. Grrrrrr

#962 7 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Any chance on firmware upgrade for the invert?

Yea, we have some beta code out there, it's probably time for an official update.

#963 7 years ago

#964 7 years ago

I bought this just because of this thread. I bought it blindly too, and I paid roughly $1000 more than X-men (which was the other game I had wanted at the time, and I had actually played X-men before as well).

I REGRET NOTHING! I've felt my collection was complete ever since owning it. I have it next to LOTR and it's a perfect contrast. Definitely the fastest heart pounding pinball I have ever played!

And the sounds! I replaced the Gem track with an "End of the Line" loop and it's AWESOME! Just like the movie!

I won't get rid of this game unless I'm gettign rid of pinball.

#965 7 years ago
Quoted from Jakenjoi:

I bought this just because of this thread.

LOL! Thats awesome Jakenjoi, glad your are having a love affair with this great pin!

#966 7 years ago

I tried, just didn't work out, hope to join the club someday.

#967 7 years ago

TRON PAJAMAS > LAMP

E.T. GIRL'S NIGHTYS = PRICELESS

tronjammies.jpg etnighty.jpg

#968 7 years ago
Quoted from retired_user_101:

hi,

will you let me know when you have an update. i'd like to buy the unit with the newest update together.

thx,
bb

Any new unit you buy will have the newer software on it. I meant that I needed to get an official update out for those who already have the PIG 2.

#969 7 years ago

Tron pajamas! Oh man, if I would have known back then!!!

#970 7 years ago

I know right?? hahha..... i think they are either pajamas or maybe underoos? i was never lucky enough to own these when i was a kid.

Quoted from ChadH:

Tron pajamas! Oh man, if I would have known back then!!!

#971 7 years ago

I got spidey up and running a short while ago, Trilogy was just over testing it out and the newcastle barrel. I got a few pics here....

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/centaurflank-mini-tourney-results

#972 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I got spidey up and running a short while ago, Trilogy was just over testing it out and the newcastle barrel. I got a few pics here....

Spidey and Newcastle were both great , Thanks again. I put up a decent score , but the word on the street is that you"ve bested that . As for Tron Everyone knows you love it and I enjoy it But It sure seems to Hate us .

#973 7 years ago

As for Tron Everyone knows you love it and I enjoy it But It sure seems to Hate us .

When trilogy and I play TRON we have the worst combined score in the annals of TRON.

But Spidey is so pretty now

DSC09547.JPG

#974 7 years ago

I'm thinking of getting those pajamas and matching up with these to take the experience to the next level.

tron-glasses.jpg
http://www.spyoptic.com/tron/d/1053

#975 7 years ago

Don't forget the matching jacket and kicks!

Tron_Gear.jpg

#976 7 years ago

those kicks are RARE.... anyone here own a pair?

Quoted from Captive_Ball:

#977 7 years ago

#978 7 years ago

#979 7 years ago

blue glo-balls coming soon for your Tron pin.
see here --> http://modmypin.com

Seems like a pain in the butt. Your ball through isn't lit so if you want the effect you need to open your machine, take the glass off, take the balls out, leave the balls under a light for an hour, put them back in the machine, put the glass back on. Then you can enjoy the glowing balls for 10 minutes until it wears out. No thanks.

Fine print at the bottom of that website:

"*Pinballs glow in the dark only after being exposed to a light source that charges the balls. The longer the ball is exposed to a light source, the longer it glows.**while supplies last. "

#980 7 years ago

Me thinks someone should come up with a mod that illuminates those balls while they are resting.

#981 7 years ago
Quoted from bjorg:

Me thinks someone should come up with a mod that illuminates those balls while they are resting.

That is a great idea. And maybe for a half hour before you turn the machine on too
But to be serious, that is a GREAT idea!

#982 7 years ago

#983 7 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

LOL, where do you find that? I might wear that next time I go to a local pinball event and spaz everyone out! Ha!

#984 7 years ago

Damn this thread wont die, who the hell is posting pics of a Spidey in here, Banvotes!!!

#985 7 years ago

The white fluorescent could also look great, especially if you've installed an extra lighting kit.

#986 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Damn this thread wont die, who the hell is posting pics of a Spidey in here, Banvotes!!!

We'll need to make an example of that guy if we ever catch him!

#987 7 years ago

We'll need to make an example of that guy if we ever catch him!

Here is to wishing all you guys who have enjoyed this thread were in my Pincave right now knocking back a few Newcastles with me!

DSC09583.JPG

#988 7 years ago

#989 7 years ago

on my way... exactly how long is the drive from austin to hulktown ?

Uh, well, if you have rocket propulsion boots in a suit of armor like that Tony Stark dude its only a few minutes.

IM3_wallpaper1.jpg

#990 7 years ago

#991 7 years ago

If I read it correctly, everyone's karma points got 10x'ed. Makes them look like pin score.

#992 7 years ago

Hey guys, I just bought a Tron pro and will be picking it up tomorrow.

Never played a Tron before. I just hope I did not buy a stinker???

I reckon this is the right place to ask... Is Tron any good?

Thanks to this thread, This machine has already cost me a fortune. On order and soon to arrive are the following:

-New Arcade
-Flynn Sign
-New HM Cycles
-Target Bank Top Decal
-Chrome lockdownbar
-Blue led flasher inside the scoop
-Backboard Light kit
-Mirrored Stainless Steel Ball - Chrome Shooter Assy (I just love those)
-Black Mirror Side Blade Set
(the only mod already installed when I get it is playfield leds)

Things to get soon:
-Chrome side rails
-Recognizer mod with orange top light and probably white on down light
-FF speaker set
-Eli Lights fantastic when available

Is it possible to use a single color SIGMA setting on a color dmd on Stern games? If so, there goes even more cash

Now what did I miss? There's got to be more "must have" mods?

I have enjoyed reading this thread enormously the last few days. Thanks to OP for starting it and everyone else who have kept the light burning for so long

#993 7 years ago
Quoted from karl:

Is it possible to use a single color SIGMA setting on a color dmd on Stern games? If so, there goes even more cash

Not yet, but soon. They demoed a SIGMA for Stern at a recent show, but they're not publicly available at this time.
E

#994 7 years ago

Ok I got my Tron yesterday... I had been on the fence about this game, but after playing it last night I have decided I love it WAY more than lamp!

Ps. I Would Iike to to do chrome rails and lockdown bar where is the best place to buy those items? Also do the FF speakers make a big difference?

#995 7 years ago
Quoted from karl:

Never played a Tron before.

Insert the Futurama professor "huhwhaaaa?"
Seriously? Uhm.. what do you think this thread is about anyhow? We all LOVE Tron Legacy Pinball. It is a great playing machine.
Now, some might think (frax) that it gets boring after getting into portal mode 90% of the time. (you can ignore him.. he is a great player and a normal game lasts between 40-50 mins.)
The rest of us like it. Usually Tron's are keepers because of the theme and play-ability.

I love my Tron.. and have done some mods to it.. Lit up flipper buttons, Hallmark lightcycles, Arcade cabinet, cliffy protectors, recognizer mod, clear identity disc rubber, FF Speakers, etc. and will be getting Eli's light tubes as soon as they are publicly available.

I am sure you will like it if you like the following things:
1. Tron
2. Pinball

Back to lurking. =)

#996 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

do the FF speakers make a big difference?

Yes, they make a HUGE difference.. just make sure you follow the directions.. and hook up the volume in the backbox.. and then I set mine to about 10 o clock on the dial.. and set the Low - High setting to High on the Sub..
Once you do that, it makes it seem like you have an external Sub now.. but all self contained.

My ONLY gripe (if you call it a gripe) about the speakers, is that the speaker cable was just short between the speakers, and once I turned one of the speakers to the side, it all worked perfectly.. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

#998 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Ps. I Would Iike to to do chrome rails and lockdown bar where is the best place to buy those items?

Mike Chestnut had some chromed Stern hardware in inventory last time I was over there

#999 7 years ago
Quoted from karl:

Now what did I miss? There's got to be more "must have" mods?

If you are ordering a new lockdown bar I believe you may also need to swap out the receiver. Also you might prefer a pair of pf slides instead of the pegs

#1000 7 years ago

Just so you guys know, the Blue dmd from Pinballlife includes the blue filter. Its the Vishay, I dont see it on the website anymore but he may still have some.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 349.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
There are 9970 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 200.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside