(Topic ID: 54093)

Official TRON lovefest thread, I love it more than Lightning Kitty.

By centerflank

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9,273 posts
  • 469 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by insx
  • Topic is favorited by 142 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is TRON super awesome or are you a hater?”

• TRON is unreal, centerflank is supersmart. 396 votes
    71%
  • TRON blows, voters for this option have a small dingy :( 102 votes
    18%
  • Never played TRON, but if Centerflank likes it, it must be fun!!!! 59 votes
    11%

(557 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,255 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

C3274E82-5928-4425-80FC-82E5869342BA (resized).png
IMG_2493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2438 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5562 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5564 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5557 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5554 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5548 (resized).jpeg
A60145C3-9132-4708-AE36-D7570E45B8CA (resized).jpeg
20190801_215929 (resized).jpg
IMG_2437 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2436 (resized).jpeg
TRON Wall.jpg

There are 9273 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 186.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

You're doing it wrong.

One thing Ive learned today is Tiger is always right.

Quoted from RobT:

Tron blows. I picked my Avatar because it looks cool. I bought a TRON LE cuz it looks cool. That's where it ends.

Didnt you buy TRON 2x cuz it looked cool?

edit vvvvv nah, Rob isn't a troll, Id bet my original flynn arcade cabinet mod he voted supersmart

#52 6 years ago

Believe Rob is trolling

T.jpg

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

I totally agree with MB and Tron being the best games to date.
I also think the stop post is a stupid idea.. Even if you can hold the left flipper to let the ball go around the outer lane.. Its pointless being there.

I think it could've been useful had super pops been a lucrative mode. If you hit it from the left flipper through the pops during super pops, then the post will come back up and send it back into the pops. It makes sense there, but it's just not worth enough points to me

#54 6 years ago

Just had the opportunity to play Tron earlier today. I believe it was at Supp3rdaddy's as I originally went to look at a Pinbot he had for sale.

...needless to say I fell in love almost immediately. I didn't pick up the Pinbot and instead ordered a NIB Tron Pro and now can't wait till it arrives! I don't however think Sup3rdaddy was impressed.

#55 6 years ago

liking my tron very much!

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from Geremy13:

Last good game for me was last night when I got 15M.... loved it. Am going to try and beat that tonite. Going to read the rules first tonite.

forget about the score, just enjoy your games, and than points will follow...

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

3)my basic strategy is shoot for Quorra spinner when right flipper is fed, recognizer/disc multi when left flipper is fed

WOW... I never got Quorra mulit-ball until tonite. That was fantastic. A lot of fun. Got my name put in lights on the machine... I think I am going to increase the letters from 3 to 7 (my full name) or allow for some special phrase that would be appropriate. That was just damn fun... I think I have been spending too much time modding the machine and not enough time playing it.

Anyways, Thanks for the strategy.... and anyone else who would like to chime in on strategy is appreciated. Love this forum.

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

3)my basic strategy is shoot for Quorra spinner when right flipper is fed, recognizer/disc multi when left flipper is fed

WOW... I never got Quorra mulit-ball until tonite. That was fantastic. A lot of fun. Got my name put in lights on the machine... I think I am going to increase the letters from 3 to 7 (my full name) or allow for some special phrase that would be appropriate. That was just damn fun... I think I have been spending too much time modding the machine and not enough time playing it.

Anyways, Thanks for the strategy.... and anyone else who would like to chime in on strategy is appreciated. Love this forum.

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

#61 6 years ago

Whoops!!... Sorry for pushing the button too many times. Still got button reaction from playing the game and ended up on my computer.

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

The bank shot is not available on the LE.

Au contraire! With the drop targets up, you can get a Gem ricochet if you shoot near the intersection of the O and N targets.

Coolest shot I ever made (in Tron or any game) was that exact bank shot during Sea of Simulation to simultaneously start double scoring and finish Gem, with every other mode already lit. That shot was worth 82 million (3+4+5+6+7+8+9 doubled), and the ball fell into the scoop to start Portal when it exited the bumpers.

#63 6 years ago

My Le is almost completely modded.. Few more things to go and it's done..
Prettiest machine ever made.

#64 6 years ago

I spoke to Josh tonight from the Pinball Soul podcast. I mentioned Tron as one of my favorites and couldn't remember that SOS comes before Portal. My 42 year old brain locked up. If he airs that, please forgive me..

2 weeks later
#65 6 years ago

Who else cleaned their TRON today? She is such a dirty pig but looks so Hot when she's cleaned up!

My lovely wife finally printed me some cards for the apron!

DSC09222.JPG DSC09223.JPG DSC09228.JPG

#66 6 years ago

Finally installed ChadNC's rails today!

IMG_3274-1024.JPG IMG_3275-1024.JPG IMG_3280-1024.JPG IMG_3281-1024.JPG IMG_3282-1024.JPG

#67 6 years ago

Finally installed ChadNC's rails today!

I love those rails Erik!!! Going to order some EL strips soon for my hinges and hook it up!

DSC09229.JPG

#68 6 years ago

Dude Centerflank-You are pimpin the shit out of that Tron-Awesome!

My little 3 year old girl can't get enough Tron(:

7-2013_001.JPG t.jpg

#69 6 years ago

White Tron standing by.

image.jpg

#70 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

You are pimpin the shit out of that Tron-Awesome!

Just ordered a few more toys for it as well, Blue DMD and led speaker covers are next.

Quoted from bangerjay:

White Tron standing by.

That is dope, fresh, or sic! Take your pick. Cant wait to see that badboy in person. Whats your Hi score on it? Curious if there is a big diff in score between the 2 versions.

#71 6 years ago

Dam bangerjay-sweet-looks classy. My neck hurts from staring at that beauty sideways-LOL

#72 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Dam bangerjay-sweet-looks classy. My neck hurts from staring at that beauty sideways-LOL

Ha, just click on it and its normal and super sized!

#73 6 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

White Tron standing by.

That aint no HH!

#74 6 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

White Tron standing by.

LOL! Who is Assplayday?

#75 6 years ago

Tron LE is like a member of our family .Came to visit and never left !

#76 6 years ago

Assplayday is a bag of mulch. High scores are weak, maybe 90 mil, she's a beast. I've said it before, Tron is no HH, but then, what is?

#77 6 years ago

Party at BangerJay's ®

#78 6 years ago

I added my "poor man's sub" yesterday. I sold the police force and kept the sub. My tron already had a Flipper Fidelity kit, now with an external sub too - D. A. M. N. it's shaking!

#79 6 years ago

Let's do it

#80 6 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

White Tron standing by.

All of a sudden my Tron feels... Gulp... Inadequate. That is just bonkers.

#81 6 years ago

can I come if I wear my Hollywood Heat gear

#82 6 years ago

Let me know when!

#83 6 years ago

i blew a fuse on my tron LE. it will power on, but i can't start a game. uhhhggg !!!!

where do you get those light-up side rails from & also the side hinges? any URL for them, or just someone to contact here?

i'm working on building an EDOT to sit next to the pin. anyone have EDOT parts they can spare? I have all the PCB's only. You can see them on the floor. It's very environmental at moment.

cheers,
bb

bb-edot-PCBs-img2.jpg

#84 6 years ago

Saturday, also have the epileptic Iron Man.

#85 6 years ago

Try it again

#86 6 years ago
Quoted from retired_user_101:

i blew a fuse on my TRON LE. it will power on, but i can't start a game. uhhhggg !!!!

where do you get those light-up side rails from & also the side hinges? any URL for them, or just someone to contact here?

They are unobtanium and no longer available But if you trade me straight up my TRON for your TRON I will find you a pair. You dont even have to fix it, mine works great and is freshly cleaned. Deal?

#87 6 years ago

Alright something's f'd

#88 6 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Saturday, also have epileptic Iron Man.

Kick ass dude, I will be there wearing my epileptic proof sunglasses!

#89 6 years ago

I like to party!

#90 6 years ago

WOW! I dont know how to respond to that, that ought to be your avatar! LOL!

#91 6 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

I like to party!

That dude is so popular Terry was selling his picture at MGC, I can't remember if they were autographed though.

#92 6 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

I like to party!

Somebody needs to tell that guy his one nipple is exposed, what was he thinking!

#93 6 years ago

Who says that's me?!

I do know somebody that can hook you up with a signed poster, if you want.

#94 6 years ago

do you really love the lamp, or are you just saying that because you saw it?

#95 6 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

WOW! I dont know how to respond to that, that ought to be your Avatar! LOL!

Need Centerflank to dress up as partyboy and you 2 would be the perfect camping pair.

#96 6 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

I flanked myself to this picture!

Who does the Tron rails? This is f*@king awesome! Is thread or contact info?

image.jpg

#97 6 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Who does the Tron rails? This is f*@king awesome! Is thread or contact info?

ChadNC had those made up.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chadnc-1-more-tron-mod-big-thanks-alex-levydrano

#98 6 years ago

Tron LE upgrades today:

1) Replaced the gay (not that there's anything wrong with that) double headed jeff bridges translite with the 2 hot tron chics translite.

2) Added color changing light-up speakers and light-cycle silhouettes.

3) Replaced F10 fuse that has popped TWICE now. eeerrrggg.

TODO: playfield needs serious clean-up and my balls are totally funky (unrelated)

bb-tron-girlTrans+speakerLites.jpg

#99 6 years ago

Whats on that F10 circuit thats making it pop?

Looks great! I want the light up disc speaker covers, LOVE THIS GAME!!!!

Im going to have to buy Eli's mod when available, I simply must.

#100 6 years ago

Have a Tron Pro... and loving it.
Slowly modding it.
Most inserts LED'd, chrome flippers w/ blue rubber, Flynn sign, arcade mod v3, apron cards, cycle silhouettes for speakers.. Have a set of cycles to mount next .
Also have a PIG2 on order .

OK... what is "Lamp"? I must have missed that reference .

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
There are 9273 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 186.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside