IMG_3026 (resized).png
IMG_3018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
TRON_SpinDisc Mounted (resized).jpg
IMG_5680 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1247 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4179 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4176 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider centerflank.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

814 posts in this topic match your search for posts by centerflank. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 10 years ago

Last night I gave TRON a double wax and removed the disc mech and cleaned meticulously, novus 2'd the balls which are quite new ooh shiny's....plays so fast and sweet. First game tonight I had SOS lit and only gem and disc multi needed to finish to advance to portal....didnt hit the scoop, no SOS for me but had 89mill, could have been epic!

I freaking LOVE this game, simple rules and just fast paced pin action, I believe my heart rate may have exceeded 100bpm, I should wear my heart monitor next time...Declare your love for TRON!

DSC09183.JPGDSC09183.JPG DSC09184.JPGDSC09184.JPG DSC09187.JPGDSC09187.JPG

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from Trophybeeyautch:

Didn't I kick you ass last night in tron, centerflank???

The 3 Jack&cokes I had while cleaning it slowed my reflexes I seem to remember the score at 23.3mill against my 22.8mill...I wouldnt call that an ass kicking...my lawyer may have to chime in on this for clarification.

#12 10 years ago

I wonder if there is some sort of resin you could coat the spinning disc with, something like spar urethane to keep the rubber from eating away and stay really "tacky" to grip the ball to add the wicked.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Sorry Centerflank

You just damn near earned your first thumbs down from me ever.

edit- but, I gave thumbs up as I do truly enjoy beautiful pin loving lassies...

#18 10 years ago

Pfft.

LOL! Tiger got the Pfft! Boom!

8333~Fifties-Housewife-Posters.jpg8333~Fifties-Housewife-Posters.jpg

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yes, when the queen gives the pfft that is not usually a good sign. Also, she has the master weapons and she knows it.

WMD's!!! No man can resist.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from Geremy13:

You seem to be the most perfect person to write such a book. Please share you knowledge with us.

Thats very flattering but my pinball enthusiasm is WAY above my actual skill level.

1) I never worry about flynn being lit or completed, 99% of the games I play that mode is completed without actually attempting to shoot for it.

2)I do try to start ZUSE after I have Clu and Light Cycle multi ball lit in the Arcade scoop, then hit the scoop to start those 2 modes, then onto phase 3....

3)my basic strategy is shoot for Quorra spinner when right flipper is fed, recognizer/disc multi when left flipper is fed

4) Gem is the tough one to get, Ive gotten better at deflecting off TRON targets into gem and its a much easier shot when the 3recognizer targets are down

Hope that helps a little Geremy, check these threads out if you enjoy TRON.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-extremely-rare-tron-apron-999-obo

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-showed-today-party-centerflanks-se-wisc

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpuckguy:

I started a Tron owner thread awhile ago Flank......you're stealing my thunder

Oops, sorry buddy, pinside seemed a little slow so I thought Id start a fun thread....by the way I think Im going o need some more custom pin gulps, I love those things!

Quoted from bangerjay:

I think he's busy banging his trophy

Nah,that was last night, we have an every other night schedule, its the off day. Is that TMI?

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

This is one reason why the pro is better than the LE. The bank shot is not available on the LE. I've had to harness my skill at plunging for GEM . . . also not easy but with practice and decent nudging you can get it about 50% of the time (maybe a little less).

I was just thinking about that, I like the standard targets, I wouldnt mind my THOR targets on HULK to not be drops.

Yeah hitting gem off the plunge, slightly risky especially since we get many drains from the ball coming out the castor spinner lane. I stick to going for the skill shot off the plunge.

I also disabled that pop up post that activates when you plunge. WTF were they thinking on that?

Edit- OT just popped on LOTR as I havent played it in a long time, had that punk gollum hanging off the cliff and Drained. ARGH!!! I did get 2 SUUUPER JACKPOT gimli callouts as I completed 2towers multi!

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Just hold down left flipper on plunge and it will leave the post down.

Right, but I never want it to activate, EVER! Because I normally drink fairly heavily while playing and I forget to do that.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

I like it ah-lot but dunno if I can commit to you being super smaht.

Just do it buddy, you'll feel better, probably sleep better too.

#51 10 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

You're doing it wrong.

One thing Ive learned today is Tiger is always right.

Quoted from RobT:

Tron blows. I picked my Avatar because it looks cool. I bought a TRON LE cuz it looks cool. That's where it ends.

Didnt you buy TRON 2x cuz it looked cool?

edit vvvvv nah, Rob isn't a troll, Id bet my original flynn arcade cabinet mod he voted supersmart

2 weeks later
#65 10 years ago

Who else cleaned their TRON today? She is such a dirty pig but looks so Hot when she's cleaned up!

My lovely wife finally printed me some cards for the apron!

DSC09222.JPGDSC09222.JPG DSC09223.JPGDSC09223.JPG DSC09228.JPGDSC09228.JPG

#67 10 years ago

Finally installed ChadNC's rails today!

I love those rails Erik!!! Going to order some EL strips soon for my hinges and hook it up!

DSC09229.JPGDSC09229.JPG

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

You are pimpin the shit out of that Tron-Awesome!

Just ordered a few more toys for it as well, Blue DMD and led speaker covers are next.

Quoted from bangerjay:

White Tron standing by.

That is dope, fresh, or sic! Take your pick. Cant wait to see that badboy in person. Whats your Hi score on it? Curious if there is a big diff in score between the 2 versions.

#72 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Dam bangerjay-sweet-looks classy. My neck hurts from staring at that beauty sideways-LOL

Ha, just click on it and its normal and super sized!

#74 10 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

White Tron standing by.

LOL! Who is Assplayday?

#86 10 years ago
Quoted from retired_user_101:

i blew a fuse on my TRON LE. it will power on, but i can't start a game. uhhhggg !!!!

where do you get those light-up side rails from & also the side hinges? any URL for them, or just someone to contact here?

They are unobtanium and no longer available But if you trade me straight up my TRON for your TRON I will find you a pair. You dont even have to fix it, mine works great and is freshly cleaned. Deal?

#90 10 years ago

WOW! I dont know how to respond to that, that ought to be your avatar! LOL!

#97 10 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Who does the Tron rails? This is f*@king awesome! Is thread or contact info?

ChadNC had those made up.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chadnc-1-more-tron-mod-big-thanks-alex-levydrano

#99 10 years ago

Whats on that F10 circuit thats making it pop?

Looks great! I want the light up disc speaker covers, LOVE THIS GAME!!!!

Im going to have to buy Eli's mod when available, I simply must.

#111 10 years ago

I see that Centerflank is absent from Pinside so far today, he is either busy with honeydo's or he is severely hung over?!

Nope, I feel great, had to get up early to go stain a deck, mission completed!

Whitepower TRON is CF approved!

DSC09236.JPGDSC09236.JPG

#127 10 years ago

So looks like TRON has brought a lot of love into our lives, at this point 81% of pinsiders love the TRON. Nuff said...

Or not, 19% of you apparently need some male enhancement pills.

#136 10 years ago

Where's all the love gone?

Ive been loving addin a few more minor mods to mine Pinbit pop bumps!

DSC09248.JPGDSC09248.JPG

#142 10 years ago
Quoted from Keebler:

I'm a big fan of the pop bumper kit. Have you considered the pinbits plastic protectors? They are a nice improvement too.

Throw some pics up, Id like to see them installed, I dont run any plastic protectors on any of my machines.

#145 10 years ago

OT-Oh Hell yeah, watching Lone Wolf McQuade, he goes into the little guys office in the wheelchair and ther is a Rapid Fire and a Xenon in this dudes office!

#147 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Watch my video above you will see under the plastics is glowing neon orange. That is the protectors doing that, they are neon orange and react to the light of the led's. Worth every penny!

Ah yeah, I watched that the other night, do you have to remind your wife their is an upper flipper?

That recognizer plastic looks nice, I take it the ones for the slingshots are included? I thought those came from Curly at LittleShop...are the pin bits all clear or colored?

#150 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I've had my TRON LE for quite awhile.

Excellent post RobT, TRON is such a ridiculously awesome game to play (fast-simple rules-visually stunning-and yes, I give TRON the best audio rating of any pin Ive ever played)

This is about the only machine I fire up right now, waiting on some parts for HULK, TAF and Xmen.

#184 10 years ago

I got a set coming too and never mind jarjar, he just cant figure out how to get the glass off his LE to put any mods on, so bitter.

#204 10 years ago

Damn you centerflank

You are very welcome.

Too bad you dont live closer and could play my fairly well tuned Avengers, you might start loving that as well.

#207 10 years ago

Not a bad score for my first game of the day, did I tell you guys I love this game?

DSC09271.JPGDSC09271.JPG

#209 10 years ago
Quoted from Keebler:

Hey kind of random, but didn't you change your lockdown bar to the old style? If so, do you remember what parts you bought? I read something about the parts from PBL not working for Tron, just want to make sure before I buy.

The standard lockdown bar and receiver from PBL fit perfect in mine, Stern needs to take those latch style and throw them all in the trash.

DSC08989.JPGDSC08989.JPG

#213 10 years ago

Too bad you dont live closer and could play my fairly well tuned Avengers, you might start loving that as well.

OT-just to follow up on this comment, I put new leaf switches for the slingshot kickers as my originals got badly bent backwards, had a solid game today, wonder if my rankings can allow 2games at a 10???

DSC09278.JPGDSC09278.JPG

#221 10 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

blocking the C L U letters at all ??

You can easily tell if they are lit or not, so doesnt really block them.

I installed mine and dont like how the yellow looks with my orange LED's, If anyone wants them $10shipped to lower 48, pm me... #SOLD#

#240 10 years ago
Quoted from Keebler:

and Flynn's sign

I think the Flynn sign looks great, plus you get that replacement plastic that looks better as well.

My chevron plastic set is sold. Thanks!

I take it you saw my DMD glare guard blocker with the Encom sticker on it, I love that mod!

#244 10 years ago
Quoted from Keebler:

Where did you get that sticker from?

Ebay, came in a 2pack, I still have 1 left unused, but they are really cheap.

ebay.com link: 2x Tron ENCOM Sticker Die Cut Decal Self Adhesive Vinyl legacy

edit- its way to big to fit on coin door

#245 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

And yes, I've seen it in person.

guess you didnt have your bifocals on

#248 10 years ago
Quoted from Keebler:

and I wouldn't want to copy you.

I dont mind, you can even put suck it AC/DC as your custom message, haha!

OT-Took the whole family to see Pacific Rim today, super fun movie on the big screen! They had a MB there but I didnt have any cash on me so I didnt get to play it.

#249 10 years ago
Quoted from Keebler:

but it wouldn't really work anywhere other than the glare guard if it's that big

Wonder how they would look on the legs? Maybe I will try it out and take a pic for you's guys.

#257 10 years ago

What do ya'll think?

DSC09281.JPGDSC09281.JPG DSC09282.JPGDSC09282.JPG DSC09283.JPGDSC09283.JPG

#265 10 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Load motherf$cker

Id swear you are loaded up at happy hour right now but I know better. LOL! I heard you got a new toy, can't wait to play it. Did you get a subwoofer for it?

#266 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

but they are really cheap.

I should have said inexpensive, these seem to be pretty quality stickers with great adhesion, they havent come loose in any area on my glare blocker and its a pretty shiny non smooth surface.

#270 10 years ago
Quoted from Keebler:

Hmm, it actually looks better than I thought it would

I kinda like it as well, just ordered another pair so I can decal the other leg and have a spare.

#284 10 years ago

very nice!

Quoted from Av8:

Here's a pic of my LE.

I like how AC/DC has a warm blankey wrapped around to keep it cozy during its hibernation.

#289 10 years ago

OT- sorry, hijacking my own thread.... Logo like this Trilogy.

51973.jpg51973.jpg

#305 10 years ago

Not my high score a fellow pinballer in Canada. Heres the thread:
http://www.maaca.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13358

Thats freaking sweet, something for us amateurs to shoot for!

#306 10 years ago

Also, I think I found out who sodomized the lamp, I wont give names but this guy really likes white russians.

#314 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

This lamp is Fragile must be french or something.

?

#317 10 years ago

The newest run like I have, decals seem pretty nice compared to my LOTR right next to it, definitely not grainy.

DSC09286.JPGDSC09286.JPG DSC09288.JPGDSC09288.JPG DSC09290.JPGDSC09290.JPG

#319 10 years ago
Quoted from Keebler:

You already got your other encom decals? That was fast, mine haven't gotten here yet. They look really good IMO.

Thanks, I messaged the guy when I bought them and showed him some pics of what I was doing with them. I got one more small one coming for the coin door so thats it, Ill have 5 encom emblems on it then, I think I have the record?

#321 10 years ago

1 on coin door , 1 on dmd glare guard, 1 on apron, 2 on the legs. A bit much I know...

DSC09210.JPGDSC09210.JPG

#325 10 years ago

Uh oh, I got a little fight brewing in my pin cave who the best is.

DSC09292.JPGDSC09292.JPG

#335 10 years ago

Last Encom emblem applied, heres a link if anyone wants one, Happy pinball in!

http://www.usbjig.com/encomdecal.html

DSC09318.JPGDSC09318.JPG DSC09319.JPGDSC09319.JPG

#339 10 years ago
Quoted from Keebler:

I would definitely prefer if each letter was separate.

That would leave too much wiggle room for you to mess them up

edit-well the top layer of clear is just transfer paper, you could remove them from that before you apply.

Quoted from Timerider:

Stern & Disney are gonna sue you for corporate sponsorship infringment laws, with that many Encom logos.

Let them come, I have my super team of Tigerlaw, Gambit, RobT and Harvey Birdman all on retainer. I would end up owning Stern&Disney and all the Marvel movie rights by the conclusion of that trial.

I could finally make that Smurf pin!

#345 10 years ago
Quoted from Keebler:

I should have realized the clear was the transfer layer

I didnt realize it either until TrilogyBeer pointed it out to me, yes the clear layer has good stick to it, I found pulling it extremely horizontally with the surface you are applying to worked well, still got a little lift but nothing major

edit-horizontal/parallel, did that paint a proper picture? My brain is going, tired from work today.

#352 10 years ago

Encom Nation has begun!

encomboardroom.jpgencomboardroom.jpg

#354 10 years ago
Quoted from Keebler:

Hehe, I'm loving this mod, it looks really good
This might be a stupid question, but does anyone know what it would take to hook up an external sub along with the flipper fidelity sub in the cabinet?

Yeah, It reflects awesome off the glass just like in the boardroom pic!

I just piggyback off the lugs of the cabinet sub (I zip tie them to existing speaker wires and the solder the wire at the lug)

Is the fidelity different? I have all stock speakers in everything.

#366 10 years ago

Well, I just ordered the light up tron discs for the speakers and a set for Hulk...I also want to add a shaker to my LOTR finally. Just need to grab some EL paper for those hinges I have and thats it for a while.

Running out of play $, gonna have to skip the plastics unfortunately. Gotta start saving for my next pin too! Ill give you a hint what Im thinking.....

backinblack.jpgbackinblack.jpg

#370 10 years ago

Where do you get the light up speaker panels?

http://www.pinballtoppers.com/

Quoted from Keebler:

I'm leaning toward X-Men, I love that machine! I've never played SM, might have to try that and IM before I decide.

All 3 are great choices, I had IM and loved it but now that Xmen code is near completion Im pretty happy I did that trade.

I would like to add black mirror blades on TRON, I also have those LOTRcabinet decals coming, cant wait to see those installed.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2917

#373 10 years ago

That is OUTSTANDING my friend! HAHA! I have to enlarge that and get one framed for my pin cave LOL!

#378 10 years ago

Well well, guess who just slinked down to the cave to love some TRON!

DSC09321.JPGDSC09321.JPG

#384 10 years ago

Yeah, but I wish it had been PattyJ

Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Just made a trade for a TRON for AC/DC Premium. Should be arriving sometime this month
AC/DC Premium is a great great game, but I did my work of a billion on it, and I was slapping the lock bar too many times with silly left/right drains. It kept making me think back to the silk like flow and smooth shots through the pops and left flipper shots on Tron lol. Two totally different pins is all. He's happy, I'm happy, should be good.
Great thread, good reads and some stupid nice machines in here (all white? crazy good looking)
I guess the one I'm getting is from the 2012 run, clu translight, has the light cycles and the arcade mode 2.? something? I'm assuming decals as well (my first run from before didn't have the decals)

Awesome, so this is your 2nd go around, I cant imagine my collection ever being void of this beauty.

#386 10 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Funny thing is, the first time I played this game was at Pinwiz arcade in NH, and a newish one at a Disney resort, my first impressions left me feeling eh about it.

I hate to say it, but playing any pin on route usually leaves me with a shitty feeling in my stomach. The movie theatre by me has a MB, we saw Pacific Rim a week ago and I didnt have any quarters so we saw Wolverine yesterday and I was so pumped to play it. Left flipper would stick up and completely ruined my enthusiasm.

Would love to get up to LTG's place someday as Im sure his pins are all nice&smooth.

#389 10 years ago

LOL! Is that the guy that used to perform at the skatepark?

edit-Im running down to Chinatown to grab some 3penis wine, anyone need any?

#396 10 years ago

I love TRON just a little more today.

DSC09327.JPGDSC09327.JPG

#402 10 years ago
Quoted from Keebler:

Sent all my armor off for powder coating today, no Tron for a couple weeks

Thats dedication, if I ever do decide to swap hardware, Id just buy all raw metal set to send out to get powdercoated, a little expensive but at least then you have a spare set if you decide to do other machines(if they are compatible that is).

Too bad you dont have a pin dolly, you could probably put a 2x4 and another piece or two to get the pitch right and keep playing.

#407 10 years ago

look better than centerflank's when you're done.

Not with that translite

#410 10 years ago

Hmm, never thought it was green looking, ill have to check it out later.

Im taking a pinball break today, bought another ps3 as my original had finally burnt out. It came with Gran Turismo 5, been playing the crap out of it!

#417 10 years ago
Quoted from Cursed:

Can i ask is that the Pinbits or the Stern one?

I put that pic up for the speaker light ups from pinball toppers.com, the blue dmd is from Pinballlife. Did I answer your question?

#427 10 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Flank, you still looking for a Black SM.....got an idea for ya

LOL! Thanks for keeping the thread pumping gents!

Quoted from trilogybeer:

Had Cenetrflank over for a little tourny tonight , He won it .

Thanks again for having us over dude!

#430 10 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Thanks centerflank for giving me some if my cash back, via !juegoes de los dolares!

I went cold after the cash game of Centaur, that game of Fishtales you had was impressive!

#431 10 years ago

A few pics for MRKegFlex, anyone else getting scoop wear from the ball getting kicked out from the scoop on the mylar/playfield just above that clu insert?

DSC09331.JPGDSC09331.JPG

DSC09332.JPGDSC09332.JPG

DSC09333.JPGDSC09333.JPG

#434 10 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

But are you playing in style?

Ive never had a cool video game chair/steering wheel set up, someday my friend...

#438 10 years ago
Quoted from Keebler:

I've never had a ball stop on the scoop cliffy. You might want to try the newest version, it's been improved since the first few versions I think.

No stops for mine as well, as you can see mine is notched.

My Xmen was notched and eventually broke/bent up at one edge, the new one I recently got from PBL has no notch and performs much better, doesnt redirect the ball at all.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=catalog&parent=221&pg=1

#451 10 years ago
Quoted from Keebler:

Thanks guys! I'm really looking forward to finishing this thing up, but it will be bittersweet because I've had so much fun modding it

Im just going to sell mine to buy a premium to mod out. Whole new thread!

#478 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Thanks my TRON LE buddy!

Sorry, I think you both have TRON premiums....

#484 10 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

can somebody school me on these navi balls?? these balls make the game easier/harder/more random??

Much harder, they are lighter than the steel balls and super fast. The arent affected by magnets so great for TRON

#501 10 years ago

I found something I love better than TRON and lamp combined!

DSC09344.JPGDSC09344.JPG

#507 10 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

funny headbands with flowers on them?

No, that sweet Iphone on the counter of which I own half

Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Flipping up the scope cover increases accuracy greatly.

Well Dude, just in case she ever turns on me, its best to not tell her that, gives me a better chance Id think

#533 10 years ago

OT- what about something like this Trilogy?

#534 10 years ago

OT- what about something like this Trilogy?

she-hulk-action-figure-marvel-select.jpgshe-hulk-action-figure-marvel-select.jpg

#536 10 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Do you want the left or the right ? (breast that is)

Any sexy she hulk image you can put on it is good with me, maybe a better Marvel image but I prefer two breasts usually, a 3rd one on the back would be even better!

#555 10 years ago

Hey Flank started on the artwork for the custom speaker panel for your Tron. I will use mine as the "guinea pig" first

Sweet, Thanks so much PPG! I got in on the TRON cutout rails on Zdoors next run as well

#567 10 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

My last run Tron arrived yesterday

I like your box topper!

#584 10 years ago
Quoted from flecom:

didn't know you could use aimpoints with the cover still closed lol

We came to the conclusion its safer for me to not let her know they flip open

#597 10 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

I love TRON CAKE more than lamp... this was my son's b-day cake a few years back

You didnt hire him a stripper in a Quorra outfit? Pffft....gotta go the extra mile!

#606 10 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

you know..... my big 40th is coming up next month. you got me thinkin about the whole quorra dancey deal! maybe time to hit the local club!

Well thats a huge deal! Im sure the wife would be fine with you having a private Quorra showing at your house for just the 3 of you if you catch my drift?

#609 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

A couple nights ago I finally managed to solidly light all the modes proior to SoS. When I shot the scoop, my score instantly went from something like 80 million to 180 million. Talk about a bonus!

If you can light up double scoring before you start SOS you are in business!

#620 10 years ago

I was hoping they would bring video mode back!!!

Hopefully it will be a Quorra stripping off her clothes vid mode

#633 10 years ago

Ah, how stupid am I.

Start a poll!

#661 10 years ago

Yummy!

DSC09038.JPGDSC09038.JPG

#663 10 years ago

i think folks luv lamp more now :/

Oh Just wait, I got notice today my black mirror blades are shipping early next week, My Love will be endless and smothering! Laser-cut TRON rails to follow ELI mod soon????? OH Yeah!!

#665 10 years ago

................and a custom painted speaker panel. Finishing the artwork (again) 2nd edition.

Oh I almost forgot buddy! Im going to snide my snookie cookie all up over my TRON

#668 10 years ago

My daughter had a Bday party last weekend and I let them loose on the pin cave, when they went back upstairs 2 of them came back down to specifically play TRON again, I actually dont invite many non pin people over anymore as Ive realized Im uninterested in talking about anything besides pinball/football.

#672 10 years ago

They are black chrome, not opaque and look very nice and still reflective, I guarantee Ill install them the night I get them and upload pics.

On a side note Tigerlaw has had his sitting in a box for almost 6months or something and refuses to install/share pics....

#677 10 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

Noo get the standard mirror blades!!
The black ones are not good in tron!! noooooo

I thought the standard mirrors were too reflective by pics people showed, I think Ive only seen 1 pick of Black mirrors on pin side and I liked the subtle reflection it offered.

Might get some blue ones for Xmen if I like this black mirror set.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/afm-black-with-black-mirror-blades

#693 10 years ago

We had a bunch of nonpinheads over last night(all my wife's friend) and this girl pictured on LOTR was in heaven, I bet she played 35+games on all my machines last night, the guy behind her hadnt seen any pins in a long time and was pretty wowed by everything, Ill try to get him to buy a pin and join the madness!

2nd picture was my first game of the morning, light cycle multiball is always the phase I fail during S.o.S. whats up with that?

DSC09410.JPGDSC09410.JPG DSC09412.JPGDSC09412.JPG

#695 10 years ago

excellent lit speaker covers ! score's ok too

Thanks, I didnt score well on Quorra or Disc multi otherwise it could have been much better

#704 10 years ago

Whos are? mine? I have a custom speaker grill coming, I'll have them out again shortly...

#717 10 years ago

Yes pinballbulbs.com, and get the complete kit!

Nah, mix and match to your hearts content, play around with them.

My old high school pal stopped over to help me drag out LOTR for madrollin tomorrow, here was the results, Im obviously player 2

DSC09423.JPGDSC09423.JPG

#739 10 years ago

You guys need to pitch your game more, I have that slotted cliffy and the ball has never stuck, more pitch=more fun to play in my opinion.

#765 10 years ago

Finally they have arrived!!!

DSC09429.JPGDSC09429.JPG

#772 10 years ago

Alright, I took a bunch of pics, I really like the black chrome, its a nice subtle look to them, they are a bit more reflective in person, Ill load them in posts of 3 pics as that always seems to load best for me.

DSC09430.JPGDSC09430.JPG DSC09432.JPGDSC09432.JPG DSC09434.JPGDSC09434.JPG

#773 10 years ago

DSC09436.JPGDSC09436.JPG DSC09437.JPGDSC09437.JPG DSC09438.JPGDSC09438.JPG

#774 10 years ago

Thanks to www.PinballSideMirrors.com !

DSC09439.JPGDSC09439.JPG DSC09440.JPGDSC09440.JPG DSC09441.JPGDSC09441.JPG

#775 10 years ago

Last ones...these were actually quite easy to install as well, Long Live TRON!!!!!

DSC09442.JPGDSC09442.JPG DSC09443.JPGDSC09443.JPG

#779 10 years ago
Quoted from BillE:

Just got my black mirrors today to, haven't installed them yet, gotta figure out the left gap, my left ramp rubs the left wall so there is 0 clearance for the mirror, so I'll have to make some adjustments, my black nickel apron should be here soon also.

There is a little wiggle room if you pull the playfield left and right while its vertical against the back box, I also stuck sheets of construction paper in right away to avoid any scuffs/scratches after I got the first blade installed. His youtube video install instructions make it quite easy.

#782 10 years ago

Which ones did you get? There are black side "mirrors" at $195, and then there are black side "blades" for $90.

The black mirrors at 195, I think the black side blades are really opaque.

If anyone wanted to try, get a quart of gloss black from the paint store, would get you a little reflection for the $12 and a little labor. Post some pics if you try it, you can always cover it with a set of blades later on.

#788 10 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Maybe you could make a black panther tron

I have to go back on hold for modding, rumor is a super nice Centaur may be on the market soon...

#791 10 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

An older game...for you?

I know, crazy right? It has custom skull painted legs...I should have at least one early SolidSt. in my collection, I dunno.

#796 10 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Well, I know of two centaur's with custom legs and I ain't selling mine so..?

Arent all the custom skull legs supposed to be on the one centaur?

Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

you had me at custom skull painted legs dude, centaur is a great pin!
mos def hit the brakes on the tron encom mods for at least a few weeks.

Yeah, Im not into SS's so much but I like that one, has multi ball and all. My only qualification for owning a pin, must have multi ball. I could be wrong but I think the cabinet was redone on that Centaur as well, Ill find out tonight.

1 week later
#824 10 years ago

I wired my cycles to be on all the time right into the power supply below the right flip button, but I also have a pig so easy to swap around.

Did I mention a spidey fell into my lap? Just had to be patient and stopped looking for one

images.jpegimages.jpeg

#826 10 years ago

No, they power off with everything when you flip the main power switch, I have a 4-1 splitter that plugs directly into the "always powered on" port of the pig, and it also has 4 or 5 other ports that you can plug mods into that daisy chains to wires with alligator clips you can move around easily....

#829 10 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

nice dude.... spidey is a amazing pin.

pics or i didn't happen

Saturday it is getting dropped off, Centaur too!

Then a freaking Hardbody showed up on CL in Madison..... Must resist

#831 10 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

how do you have your pig configured? I have mine controlling the flynn sign and the lit recongizer but haven't used it for anything else. My plans are to add the light cycles separately on the other two outputs but haven't spent the time as I keep on buying more pins and now hunting season has started....

I have everything powered on all the time except the underneath the cabinet blue flashers, I tied those to the disc multi ball flashers I believe. I still have to add a light up recognizer at some point amongst other things..

..but Id rather buy more pins instead of putting more $ into TRON, good grief I must have almost8.5K into this now...oops.

#832 10 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I never got the PIG™, but I had a hot mess of splitter cables. I eliminated them with this and it works well.

Yeah those are nice, I recently ordered 2 of those, put one in Hulk and I thought I put the other in LOTR...

#834 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It looks really nice for the price.

It so does!

Awe man, I so want that, Christmas is coming up soon if people are looking for ideas for me

#839 10 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Get the Hardbody! Bitch

I really dont feel like paying a late fee on all my other monthly bills... Yobagoya!

#844 10 years ago

nice. is it the "dark" spidey, or is it "normal" spidey?

Its normal, its routed, got a solid low price on it but I bought it site unseen, just was texted this seller got in in. Will either flame him or praise him on sunday in this thread! LOL! He seems like a good dude so far that I have dealt with him-edit-on other deals and Ive met him in person before.

#848 10 years ago

Here is a good one to use...

DSC09242.JPGDSC09242.JPG

#852 10 years ago

Top notch work as usual Mr.Trilogy LOL! When will my custom SpiderTRON hardware be complete?

spider_tron_by_stick_man_11-d5qg2hf.jpgspider_tron_by_stick_man_11-d5qg2hf.jpg

#864 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Will either flame him or praise him on sunday in this thread!

Pretty happy with my Spidey, has some minor nicks on the outer cab, play field is nice under the routed grime, right in the middle of shopping it.

Big Thanks to Chris M. http://www.kingpingames.net/

DSC09508.JPGDSC09508.JPG
DSC09504.JPGDSC09504.JPG
DSC09500.JPGDSC09500.JPG

#868 10 years ago

That playfield looks real nice to me. Did you use the treasure cove kit to get it so shiny and polished??

No I dont do the treasure cove kit....I thoroughly cleaned it with Novus1 to get all the abrasive particles off, the I Novus2'd it really well, and currently my 3rd coat of wax is drying, unfortunately have to wait on a order I just placed from PBL to put it all back together as I need bulbs and figured what the heck, get flip rebuilds for it, shaker too.

I also used PBL rubber cleaner on all the blue rubber targets by Dock Oc and Sandman.

Awe man, I still got to clean all this stuff...

DSC09509.JPGDSC09509.JPG

#870 10 years ago

Lets cut to the chase Flank! All we want to know is..... Do you love SM more than lamp?

Hard to say at this point, Lamp has really given me some great times, spidey is brand new and hasnt proven itself, but as we can see it has great potential.

DSC09502.JPGDSC09502.JPG DSC09503.JPGDSC09503.JPG

#892 10 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

I love Tron more than you, centerflank!

I dont think you do Banger, reply back within the next few hours as to why you love it more, otherwise you have to give me your Safecracker, Thanks!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#903 10 years ago

Looks like someone owes me a Safecracker!!!!!

#911 10 years ago

I have an original PIG, very nice gadget, but those 8way splitters are a great compromise if you dont want to pony up the $, I think for TRON though, with all the mods, go PIG or go home.

#914 10 years ago

But pig only has four slots. I already need six plugs for all my mods. Do they sell 8 slot pig 2's??

I have a 4splitter to the "always powered on port"

#921 10 years ago

Is the pig hard to program?? I'm not that bright. I'm an accountant and all I know is numbers.

No, its easy stuff, no programming, just jumpers with alligator clips for all the pass through ports (PIG1)

#932 10 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

So slightly OT .. what would happen if you put a blue filter over a red DMD? Purple? Blueish red?

Your machine will kick you in the nuts and explode.

its like dont google google...

#947 10 years ago

Where is the best place to buy the rails?? I need three sets. Is there a place that gives a deal for the more you buy??

PBL buddy!

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1956

#950 10 years ago

Hey, you're that guy that says buddy, you scam artist . And thanks!

Look buddy, you buy these slide rails and you guaranteed sexy bonus time.

#952 10 years ago

oh great... yet another item i need to go buy for tron, but is it cheaper if i opt out of the sexy bonus time?

No way buddy, YOU want sexy bonus time!

My Spidey shop job is coming along nicely, target decals should be here 2moro and then the ramps go back on. I Love Ramp!

DSC09524.JPGDSC09524.JPG DSC09527.JPGDSC09527.JPG

#954 10 years ago

I still can't believe what great shape that spidy was in for a routed pin.

Indeed, the outer cab has its multiple nicks but whatever, the shooter lane was its worst aspect as far as I was concerned, here is a pic before&after, I cut mylar to wrap in the ball groove, not the prettiest but good to go.

DSC09470.JPGDSC09470.JPG DSC09537.JPGDSC09537.JPG DSC09533.JPGDSC09533.JPG

#957 10 years ago

Rev A Shaker Roves Ramp Rong Time...

What can I get for 10 dollars?

fmj2.JPGfmj2.JPG

#965 10 years ago
Quoted from 320Gigabytes:

I bought this just because of this thread.

LOL! Thats awesome Jakenjoi, glad your are having a love affair with this great pin!

#971 10 years ago

I got spidey up and running a short while ago, Trilogy was just over testing it out and the newcastle barrel. I got a few pics here....

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/centaurflank-mini-tourney-results

#973 10 years ago

As for Tron Everyone knows you love it and I enjoy it But It sure seems to Hate us .

When trilogy and I play TRON we have the worst combined score in the annals of TRON.

But Spidey is so pretty now

DSC09547.JPGDSC09547.JPG

#984 10 years ago

Damn this thread wont die, who the hell is posting pics of a Spidey in here, Banvotes!!!

#987 10 years ago

We'll need to make an example of that guy if we ever catch him!

Here is to wishing all you guys who have enjoyed this thread were in my Pincave right now knocking back a few Newcastles with me!

DSC09583.JPGDSC09583.JPG

#989 10 years ago

on my way... exactly how long is the drive from austin to hulktown ?

Uh, well, if you have rocket propulsion boots in a suit of armor like that Tony Stark dude its only a few minutes.

IM3_wallpaper1.jpgIM3_wallpaper1.jpg

#1000 10 years ago

Just so you guys know, the Blue dmd from Pinballlife includes the blue filter. Its the Vishay, I dont see it on the website anymore but he may still have some.

#1013 10 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

it truly is a awesome pin!

I Love Ramp!

2 weeks later
#1073 10 years ago

I ended up not using the Zuse one as the factory targets at least had some "design" on them...

#1076 10 years ago

They just have some factory blue border on them....Curly at LittleShop has developed(or a supplier developed) plastic faced targets that are supposed to handle ball impact....LOL! that sounds funny!

#1079 10 years ago

hmmm... any adhesive clear cover worth putting on these zuse decals?

You could try wrapping with mylar, 1 strip scross the face with edges to wrap around the sides and not the top, I think that is your only shot.

#1081 10 years ago
Quoted from Keebler:

I highly recommend getting this set, for the recognize decals (orange/black)...
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2669
I used them on mine and they look great, and match the Zuse target decals.

Ive had my recognizer decals from pinball decals.com for 800+plays and they look solid still, but those zuse decals in that set you linked is what was on mine NIB, granted I had the last run of Pro's so maybe they had added them at that point?

#1085 10 years ago

I just installed my Eli's ramp kit mod and it looks kind of dim to me. I do have a ton of LED's which might drown out the ramp brightness, but I don't think so. Here's a video of mine after install. Do you think it looks dim?? Flip it to full screen 1080p. Oh and it is my 9 year old son playing not me so don't expect spectacular gameplay.
» YouTube video

I clicked on the video and it wont play, set to private or something? You putting your privates on your TRON? Its an epidemic these days.

#1088 10 years ago

If you would put some freaking invisiglass on it the video would be much better...

#1100 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Careful. Your "S" is upside down.

LOL! Yes, Brett, show us pics of your targets installed!!!

#1108 10 years ago

would you just look at this funkola...
is this from the black disc?
what's your preferred cleaning products for tron?

There is no right or wrong, but id give it a light novus2 scrub, then 3 coats of wax, after that I just re-waxed every few weeks. Most of the top layer of rubber has worn of my disc so it doesnt get too dirty anymore.

I always removed the disc motor to really clean the disc pad.

DSC09182.JPGDSC09182.JPG

1 week later
#1114 10 years ago

Looks alright, your shooter rod housing looks a little crooked but no biggie.

Too bad it doesnt light up, that would be Sweet!

#1117 10 years ago

That's Stern's QC for ya.

I think I adjusted mine as well, and you know I had to completely jerk around with the one on HULK

#1119 10 years ago

I didn't even know you could adjust them.

Ha, now that I really think about it, my IronMan was really crooked as well, there are a few screws you loosen inside the cabinet on it and you can slide it around.

#1127 10 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Anyone put some of those comet LEDs in your Tron? Trying to figure out which is the best for slings and pops but the website baffles me

What do you have in it now? I have PBL ablaze 4's, pretty bright but solid looking.

#1133 10 years ago

Has anyone heard from J-Mule lately?

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#1139 10 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

did reed make it through the portal that night??

Oh Im pretty sure he did. Sorry, I have no pics of the portaling.

#1142 10 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

how would the definition of that be worded??

I believe TheLaw said that once before in PmWolf's party thread a few months ago....

Definition can be "When you are 2 balls deep into the Portal, just trying for that one great shot" or something

#1150 10 years ago

4 clear leg protectors

I take it those stick out past the legs once installed? Ill never put those on a pin with nice condition decals/artwork again, EVER!!!! They can make irreversible marks/abrasions...

edit-your TRON should have black plastic spacers underneath the legs

#1162 10 years ago

I put red superbands on Spidey, I dont know, they seem ok, definitely easier to trap the ball...Hilton thought they shot inconsistent towards whatever specific lane....I just really like the deep red look of them. I am doubtful I would buy more for my other pins.

DSC09602.JPGDSC09602.JPG

#1175 10 years ago

Love this guys reviews. Here's one on Tron:

I like how he is impressed with the stock arcade toy

edit- I also agree with him on throwing out furniture to fit pins into your home.

#1189 10 years ago

Your playfield looks nice and sparkly after you cleaned it. It's like night and day!

So clean its ready to put your balls on it.

#1212 10 years ago

So I literally have no pinball clothes except 1 PinballPro Tshirt from OVDFireman, so I ordered myself a custom TRON hoody, what do you think? Encom emblem is on both left/right sleeve.

1174510729 Front.jpg1174510729 Front.jpg

1174510729 Left.jpg1174510729 Left.jpg

1174510729 Back.jpg1174510729 Back.jpg

#1214 10 years ago

Yeah the blue outline makes the C's look like O's....Will see how it looks in person...Trophy can wear this one if I need to get another one...

edit-They are supposed to send me a final proof when its ready to be made, Im sure I can have themtweak that as well

#1218 10 years ago

Ive been flirting with some pretty decent games the past few days, freaking light cycle multi ball gets me in SOS almost every time, WTF!!!!

Havent gotten Portal in a while now....I think that is my mission today, that and taking the magnet out of spidey and smoothing the top down a little...

#1221 10 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

I sure hope they pull them strings out of the way before they print the disc

They wont make it with that image on the back as it "may" infringe on copyright so I cancelled. We have any bootleg custom shirt guys on here?

They also said the font is why the C's look like O's so I would need to change that, but that was the best font for TRON letters

#1223 10 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

The disc looked odd too Center but I did not want to be too nitpicky.

Its pretty similar to the speaker insert from pinball toppers, I dunno, Ill have to look through images more, wasnt a lot to choose from that didnt have backgrounds that would transfer to the shirt....Im gonna stop in at the mom&pop screenprinter in town and see what they can do...

The company I was going to order from couldnt even do the encom on the sleeves...????

#1229 10 years ago

I bet you are all now finally wishing youd have seen the banana hammock instead.

DSC09663.JPGDSC09663.JPG

#1239 10 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I ordered some from someone in china off ebay and it works fine. I don't have laser cut hinges tho, just rails.
We definitely need pics of this Tron!

I will have an extra pair of raw metal hinges with the cutout arriving soon if you want to buy them or trade me something?

#1244 10 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Are the EL wire kits sold by Kinballs pinball any good if you just have to have lit ramps but don't want to wait a year?

You want a Kimball set? Ill sell you mine right now $75 shipped. I can get them out monday.

#1246 10 years ago

So, I need to light up my Recognizer as it is one of the final mods I will be doing, Light up rails/hinges will be here shortly as well as Eli's mod, has anyone done there own? Any links or pics. Im guessing you just put a mini led strip inside it? Thanks for any help.

Really looking forward to completing these last few things so I can put the issue to bed of the blitzkrieg of mods I have added to this pro

My kimball EL set is sold to Rockrand. Thanks dude!

#1252 10 years ago

So I tried to hook up 2 bayonet sockets to light my apron lenses, I spliced into the wires feeding the disc multiball insert light socket (555bulb). Im now getting some ghosting in various areas on other insert lights now so I must have this hooked up wrong. I then daisy chained the ground to each bayonet socket thinking that was the problem as I hadnt done that before, still ghosting....neither of the new bayonet sockets have a diode, do I need to daisy chain the power supply wires also from to each new bayonet socket, or do I need to splice into the other side of the 555 socket, I see there is a diode inside the existing disc multiball 555 socket? Any thoughts? I clearly know jack about proper wire looping

DSC09681.JPGDSC09681.JPG

DSC09680.JPGDSC09680.JPG

DSC09679.JPGDSC09679.JPG

#1254 10 years ago

I wonder how the Pinball Refinery does theirs? Maybe send Gio (Zdoor) a PM and ask.

I will if I have to, hate to bother them as they are busy dudes....I have a feeling the way I wired it has no diode in the mix, causing the goofy ghosting.

edit---and they way there are now, they dont light up when the 555 insert lights, they just kind of pulse constantly.

#1256 10 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Looks like you tied into an insert light . Those will be on the matrix . you should tie into the GI.

Correct, if I go to GI then its always lit....which isnt too bad, I just wanted them to flash

#1258 10 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Problem is though you can't just add a socket to the matrix the way you did .

Gotcha, so no way I can tweak it to function properly?

#1261 10 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

mimic that insert that you tied into .

Yep, this

#1264 10 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

unscrew those two sockets from the brackets and place them on the pf material (or something nonconductive) to test. I think you've created a weak path to ground for one of your rows or columns

Excellent suggestion, im on it....

edit---nope, still getting the ghosting in the matrix, I think Ill detach that insert....

#1269 10 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I think you will need to add diodes to those sockets then (or at least the first one in the series)

I did throw some diodes in at Ltg advise, I didnt solder them in just lopped them through and twisted the ends, still ghosting, I don't know, I clipped out the wire so its back to normal, Ill revist it later, maybe just get treal flasher sockets and splice into a flasher wire...

#1273 10 years ago
Quoted from Buckman:

centerflank - Instead of tying them into the insert, why not plug them into P6 and P7 in the backbox and then they'll flash just like they do on the LE (minus the pulsing the do during double scoring)? Are you just looking for something different?

I was just looking to have them flash in accordance with disc multi-ball, but thanks for that suggestion, P6 and P7 powers actual flasher sockets though correct? I shouldn't try to hook up any bayonet sockets to it?

Post edited by centerflank : SHOULD NOT

#1276 10 years ago
Quoted from dito:

centerflank, now looking at your pictures i'm almost sure thats the problem, wrong side of diode. you will only be able to attach one by tapping into wire, the other you will have to conjure a way to get it into other end of diode. i just stuck in from the LED side and sandwiched it in with the 555. I did exactly what you did, tap into each side, doesnt work. does your "L" from CLU stay lit? sound familiar?

I dont remember, Ive removed it all from where I spliced in by that disc 555 insert....I think Ill do the flasher sockets and use 2 blue incandescant flasher bulbs....

edit-yes the CLU insert were being quite odd

#1283 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It's amazing to me how much I still love this pin after all this time!
I have a bit of pin ADD, but man, Tron always pulls me back in.

Its because the game is such great eye candy, audio, and gameplay....The perfect storm!

My only 10 in the pinside ratings

#1287 10 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Ever play Panthera ?

Its no slayer.

slayer_army_seperations_smaller.jpgslayer_army_seperations_smaller.jpg

#1294 10 years ago

Thank You Keebler, he sent me a spare light up recognizer that had some minor issues with it. You are simply the best just like Tina Turner sang about in her mega blockbuster hit.

th.jpegth.jpeg

DSC09695.JPGDSC09695.JPG

#1298 10 years ago

Lamp texted me a little while ago, said its sick of getting crapped on by all of us and has vowed revenge.

5311154008_58d7f222f1_z.jpg5311154008_58d7f222f1_z.jpg

#1304 10 years ago

Super big Hi 5 for PorkChopExpress for selling me his Eli mod kit for TRON! Its a little distracting at first, marveling in its Glory!

DSC09743.JPGDSC09743.JPGDSC09744.JPGDSC09744.JPG

#1306 10 years ago

dang… that looks sweet. how long did it take to get all installed & running?

I kind of worked on it on/off throughout the day, plus I had so many mods to mess around with, Id guess 4-5 hours or so? First ramp I drilled, I really took my time then the 2nd I said Eff it and just starting drilling like mad.

I did use Buckman's Eli mod install thread, very helpful.

#1314 10 years ago

EDIT---Spare Hinges SOLD!

I also received my rails/hinges with EL paper yesterday from Zdoor. I already have a set of hinges that are painted ready to go on, does anyone want to buy these raw hinges? I could get them professionally automotive painted as well when my rails get finish coated....no idea on price but maybe 40 raw-80painted?

DSC09746.JPGDSC09746.JPG

1 week later
#1372 10 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

What do you think of these - if you have not seen them yet.
Seems every owner has posted here so though as an owner I would share.
Lit chrome version (less chrome screw in my haste to post).
This is mounted on a pop body with my custom led pad under the mod.
I agree its a bit over powering in pics but really cool in person.

Tron final lit.jpg 18 KB

Cool man, show us some pics from further back when you get a chance.

#1376 10 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Who else had a Trongasm when he read this?
Are some black and some chrome? More pics and looking good!

Top Notch work! I REALLY like them but I think Ill stick with my Devo bumper toppers (I was guessing you were making a few to sell as well?)

Ive spent wayyyyy too much $ on TRON already. Well see though, if Devo ever starts falling apart Ill have to hit you up!

Or maybe sooner, Damn those look bad ass the more I look at them.

#1378 10 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

This wasnt meant to be a fs add on just a tron lovers update.

LOL! Hey you rabid TRON modifiers, check out these brand new kick ass EL pop bumper mods and try to restrain yourself.

Dude Abides needs to add a 5o'clock free crack giveaway pic!

#1383 10 years ago

You could get some TRON toy (clu ship/quorra car or whatever) and mount it on colored lexan using the 2 posts that have the rubber rings on it. Youd need 2 metal spacers (one with female end and male end) to give you the clearance over the flasher and the machine screw right behind it.

#1391 10 years ago

You must be new, welcome to the club buddy!

#1395 10 years ago

I still have my original arcade cab if you want it, just cover the shipping and you can have it for free.

I didnt even think of that LOL! I have mine for free as well if anyone needs it!

#1407 10 years ago

Big thanks to QuarterGrabber for the free Zen plastic!

CFLANK luvs TRON 4eva!!!!

It looks better than I thought it would, almost looks self illuminated from the 2 white GI's feeding it.

DSC09767.JPGDSC09767.JPG

DSC09769.JPGDSC09769.JPG

#1411 10 years ago

What did you end up doing with the apron sticker?

Stuck it on my fridge, anyone want to send pin stickers to add to it, Lets do it!!!!!

DSC09771.JPGDSC09771.JPG

#1413 10 years ago

Yes sir, UW-Whitewater chapter

#1416 10 years ago

I was also a member of the Pi Omicron Tau chapter in college

#1418 10 years ago

Nice, I can see that filling up real fast. We should make it a Tron lovefest project to fill your fridge with pin stickers. I may have a few more but that would require me to open my goodie bags stapled on the inside of my machines, and I hate doing that

Ha, I rip those out and open them up right away, I paid all that cash Im going to enjoy all the rewards!

The routed spidey I just got a few months ago still had the goodie bag with everything in it as far as I know, wasnt stapled in the cabinet but present. A nice little bonus!

#1420 10 years ago

ps. my ol lady only lets me use the side of fridge :/
you clearly have better negotiation skills.

This is the extra fridge in my pin cave, I dominate this area

Just added some more, Ill have to go through all my coin boxes!

DSC09773.JPGDSC09773.JPG

#1423 10 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

Woahh... Small world, I was a member of the Alphabeta chapter

I'll never forget that year you guys tormented the Tri-lambs.

Lambda-Lambda-Lambda.jpgLambda-Lambda-Lambda.jpg

#1438 10 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Also, on ball one, I believe if you miss the scoop skill shot, and the ball goes through the Zen, if you hot the right ramp (left ramp entrance) for the secondary skill shot, then you've found Flynn also.

Yep, this is correct, I just hit that shot trying to see the flashing arrows myself, it was soooooo pleasureful.

1 week later
#1451 10 years ago

Red fits perfectly.

I like the red a lot on my Xmen-Spidey-LOTR, blue is great on TRON, my only orange left is TZ, would be nice if ColorDMD did that one. TrilogyBeer should have my TRON rails from Zdoor done soon!

Happy new years gents!

Go PACK!

rodgers-set-and-throw.jpgrodgers-set-and-throw.jpg

cobb-hand-up.jpgcobb-hand-up.jpg

cobb-goal-line-tightshot.jpgcobb-goal-line-tightshot.jpg

#1463 10 years ago

you know what they say... once you go Chrome. . .

FYI, I went Black.

#1465 10 years ago

To match your blades?

Actually to match the rails Im getting painted...but yeah the mirror blades too

I think if you have a TRON LE with chrome rails the chrome bumper tops are a no brainer!

Oh man, Im so close to being done with modding this pro, Im going to load 37 pics that day!

#1467 10 years ago

ps. i'm working on 2 new custom mods for Tron

Id be happy to test out some free prototypes right meow if you'd like.

#1474 10 years ago

Im merging my Love for Spidey &TRON again.....just installed mirror blades

DSC09835.JPGDSC09835.JPG

DSC09837.JPGDSC09837.JPG

DSC09839.JPGDSC09839.JPG

DSC09841.JPGDSC09841.JPG DSC09840.JPGDSC09840.JPG
#1483 10 years ago

For your viewing pleasure....
Check out the legs on this tron

She must work out

#1489 10 years ago

I bet you and I will do some Van Damage on my home brew at MGC

It shall be epic! I will also be sumo wrestling Whysnow after a few 11% beverages! Will be the best MGC ever!

SUMO-2.jpgSUMO-2.jpg

#1506 10 years ago

Lamp, bitchslapped again.

DSC09869.JPGDSC09869.JPG

DSC09871.JPGDSC09871.JPG

#1507 10 years ago

Sexy wife pic!

IMG_0088.JPGIMG_0088.JPG

#1510 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

What in the hell is scribbled on that mirror?

Why the F are you looking at the scribbling on the mirror?

resize_image.jpgresize_image.jpg

#1520 10 years ago

Im sure you guys saw the other thread Jetzxi started...but she is here!

DSC09886.JPGDSC09886.JPG

#1525 10 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Hey get Luci outta here, this thread is for Quorra only

I will derail this thread if its the last thing I do on this earth.

By the way, my TRON is an LE now if you didnt see in the other thread, yes, I know Im a pic&thumbsups kinda whore.

DSC09912.JPGDSC09912.JPG

#1545 10 years ago

Thanks PinheadPuckGuy!!!!!

DSC09919.JPGDSC09919.JPG

Now hurry up on my LOTR one!

R4hux-102.gifR4hux-102.gif

#1548 10 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Where did the Encom plate/sticker come from?

Thats a vinyl sticker I bought off EBay from a dude in Cali. They are 2 for $5 or something.

Its on the glare guard if you cant tell from the pic.

1 week later
#1590 10 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

btw, i'll repeat this ask here : since the 1.74 update, did you get "extra ball" thrue the "mistery" scoop ?

I have mine all factory and have seen just a few extra balls from the arcade scoop, maybe 5 in 1400games roughly.

#1593 10 years ago

*little sneak peak* Trilogy brought over my rails/hinges/lockbar to quick install and see how it all tied together, the lock bar just needs the ends retouched for the stripe to match and isnt pictured but here you go, the orange on the side rail is the same as the hinge. My camera picked the color up a little diff for whatever reason.... Great job Doug!

DSC09954.JPGDSC09954.JPG

DSC09955.JPGDSC09955.JPG

DSC09956.JPGDSC09956.JPG

#1595 10 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

This thread has inspired me to turn on my Tron for the first time since before Halloween. Wish me luck!

I hope it inspired you to install your arcade mod as well!

#1598 10 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Let's not get carried away.

Can I drive up soon and wax it for you and install the mod? I need to grab LOTR from Hilton soon anyway. (when the weather isn't skull bashing us)

#1600 10 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Hmmm... Think I've got some light cycle mods laying around here somewhere too.

Perhaps you need to bring it here for a full shop job then.....but maybe it doesn't need it with the 26 plays you've put on it.

SHAZAM!!!!!!!!!!!!

#1613 10 years ago

That was not the most pleasant project swapping the rails and installing the EL paper....but looks pretty sweet!

DSC09959.JPGDSC09959.JPG

DSC09960.JPGDSC09960.JPG

DSC09962.JPGDSC09962.JPG

DSC09961.JPGDSC09961.JPG

#1620 10 years ago

TRON Negative!!!!! *Teaser* Special announcement coming up later tonight

DSC09993.JPGDSC09993.JPG

DSC09995.JPGDSC09995.JPG

DSC09996.JPGDSC09996.JPG

#1621 10 years ago

Holy Crap, check my old disc out! Thanks to Dagron9 stopped out to play some pins and brought me a replacement disc with the clear rubber! WoW that ball fly's around, TrilogyB and I just played a game, it was flying out so fast it was ricocheting all the way through the Quorra+Gem lane, NICE!

DSC00004.JPGDSC00004.JPG

DSC00005.JPGDSC00005.JPG

#1627 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Flanker, are you willing to sign it along with the sale?

Yes, under the Apron instruction card, I will do that before it leaves.

#1633 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

The guy is Legend ary.

Its hard to argue with the solid points you bring up.

Quoted from hassanchop:

Wait a minute! Are you selling your Tron???

I listed my TRON FS on Ebay for 11K....for a few reasons

1) The 10K by christmas slogan shall become obsolete
2) I want to buy an factory stock TRON pro and do it all over again
3) Prove once and for all the Pro version is better/more valuable than the LE. <--- just mess in

Lets be honest, my price seems pretty fair when you consider I put fresh rubbers on the flipper bats the other day.

Edit----sorry, the announcement was done in another thread by Aurich, that guy watches Ebay like a Hawk!

Post edited by centerflank : forgot to add something

#1638 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

So does this mean you are gunna get kicked out of your own fan club?

Start a thread with a poll otherwise Im not going anywhere!!!!

Besides, Who is to say I dont already have a NIB Pro laying around

Post edited by centerflank : to appease grammar/spelling police

#1641 10 years ago

I got to be honest, if someone did pony up the dough for FlankerTRON.....I will probably weep like a baby as it is carried out my front door.

Like this---------> or maybe like one of these? vvvvvvvv

dwight_crying.jpgdwight_crying.jpg

Unknown-140.jpegUnknown-140.jpeg

#1655 10 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

Screen Shot 2014-02-11 at 4.31.1... 66 KB

1005031_568915886520414_16780705... 8 KB

I will let him know he has a ban warning from the TRON Love club.

#1658 10 years ago

TRON Rules!

cookie-monster.jpgcookie-monster.jpg

#1660 10 years ago

ps. someone RE-listed their pin

Ha! It freaking auto-relisted. I meant to bump the price up another 1K.

#1681 10 years ago

Every time the auction ends I realize how thankful I am I still own it and the price goes up.

Edit-----Better act fast, 50K by christmas!

#1685 10 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

are you paying ebay fees every time you relist it?? i hope not

No, its all free listings. Im crazy not stupid!

#1688 10 years ago

Would love to see carbon fiber side rails-lockdown-hinges-apron-coindoor-legs on a pimped out TRON

carbon-fiber-e1352665447902.jpgcarbon-fiber-e1352665447902.jpg

#1690 10 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I could have painted yours to look like carbon fiber .

We could do spidey rails like that!

black-spider-man-suit.jpgblack-spider-man-suit.jpg

#1692 10 years ago
Quoted from djb_rh:

There's carbon fiber "look" vinyl wrap out there that would look pretty legit in this application. *shrug*
--Donnie

Can you clearcoat over it?

I took the family over to Trilogy's tonight, his Sorcerer looks and plays phenominal! Came so close to knocking off Bangers GC score on it.

Doug and I tapped that as a project for next winter, full carbon fiber package for Spidey!

171475-i.jpg171475-i.jpg

#1694 10 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I used some stuff called 3m Scotchprint in my arcade cabinet. It's super easy to use. There's a few pics in my build album. Here's one
http://s151.photobucket.com/user/nitrozoom/media/Arcade%20Cabinet/IMG_2895_zpsf3f052f6.jpg.html?sort=2&o=29
It does have a texture by design tho so I don't know if you could clear it to the point of it being completely smooth. I like the texture so it doesn't bother me. No fingerprints either!

Nice, I see they have 3 colors of it as well. I dont know, I think Ill let Trilogy have the try at it first, he did some extra coats of clear on the TRON set he did and it feels so awesome to the touch, way nicer than the clear on my Luci-HULK-Xmen.

I do have a spare set of normal Stern side rails-lockdown bar left over, maybe Ill buy a roll and tinker with it, Amazonprime has 60"x12" roll for $22. Id think that would be enough to do those 3 pieces.

#1697 10 years ago

Edit----^^^^I was never a big fan of the 3D translite, if it was as nice as the Avatar one Id probably like it a lot more

Quoted from bangerjay:

I only played black magic Sorcerer twice.

That game is so awesome looking, got to get him to take some nice pics of it....cant wait to hear speech in it though

#1700 10 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

As long as it's black magic, Doug should get Samuel L. To do the speech.

He needs one of these next to it.

79057-i.jpg79057-i.jpg

1 week later
#1720 10 years ago

Egyptrus loves the TRON, was having trouble moving away from it last night!

DSC08261.JPGDSC08261.JPG

#1735 10 years ago

any vendor recommendations on an entire new black set for TRON LE huo ?

Order the huge transparent rubber bucket from www.pinballcenter.eu and show us some pics!

14530_mi.jpg14530_mi.jpg

#1738 10 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I got the pinball life clear ones.

Do they have all the sizes needed? They didnt have any 2inch stuff last time I looked which is for the slings....Oh just checked he has some in stock....Sweet!

edit-----ordered a butt load of transparent rings, TRON is gonna look sexy!!!!!

#1748 10 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

I figured this thread would be dead since the OP bought an AC/DC Premium.

I play TRON and Luci pretty equally, 3-4 games of each a day when Im not shopping out pins for other people.

2 of the best pins ever made!

1 week later
#1766 10 years ago

Did you guys see this thread? TRON pro is losing to Whitewater, lets change that!

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/march-pin-madness-2014

#1768 10 years ago

http://www.pinballplayerpro.com/?page_id=132

TRON in the sweet 16 against MM, lets bring the giant down!

#1782 10 years ago

Its insane that I have more money into a TRON pro than any of my LE/Premium models.

AC/DC and TRON are head2head with getting the most plays so I still and always will consider it money well spent.

Edit---v----1671------v

#1785 10 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

What's the best blue display to get?

I have a vishay and its average....try the Xpin from Rob Anthony.

http://lockwhenlit.com/displays.htm

Last night to Vote for TRON against MM, Lets do it!!!!

http://www.pinballplayerpro.com/?page_id=132

#1787 10 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

I thought those xpin ones had the grid sections. Exactly what I don't want..

Only other one is a Blue Stern display, JJ at GEX should have those......anyone got any nice pics of that one?

#1812 9 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Woah - I may be trading my Magneto + cash for a NIB Tron on Saturday!

How much cash?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods
Plastics
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Long Branch, NJ
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 49.99
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods
Plastics
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
12,028 (OBO)
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
814 posts in this topic match your search for posts by centerflank. You are on page 1 of 4.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider centerflank.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/1?tu=centerflank and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.