(Topic ID: 54093)

Official TRON lovefest thread, I love it more than lamp!

By centerflank

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9,970 posts
  • 520 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by wolffcub
  • Topic is favorited by 149 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is TRON super awesome or are you a hater?”

• TRON is unreal, centerflank is supersmart. 426 votes
    72%
  • TRON blows, voters for this option have a small dingy :( 101 votes
    17%
  • Never played TRON, but if Centerflank likes it, it must be fun!!!! 61 votes
    10%

(588 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,512 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_2827 (resized).JPG
IMG_2826 (resized).JPG
IMG_2824 (resized).JPG
IMG_2820 (resized).JPG
IMG_2822 (resized).JPG
IMG_2819 (resized).JPG
16109259871804509237353544299887 (resized).jpg
20210115_201426 (resized).jpg
20210115_201419 (resized).jpg
20210115_171929 (resized).jpg
Tron Bumper Cap (resized).jpg
4560B79A-785B-4E82-88AE-2B53F08118F9 (resized).jpeg
4E2AD49B-3A85-406C-9DB7-AD95F15DB2CA (resized).jpeg
20210112_113818 (resized).jpg
20210112_111406 (resized).jpg
20210112_111636 (resized).jpg

There are 9970 posts in this topic. You are on page 199 of 200.
#9901 16 days ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm probably listing mine for 8500 or thereabouts soon. But it literally has everything in it, including the laser-cut glowy blue chrome armor. Looks like an LE. But here's the thing: If I took off the topper, chrome armor, and all the desirable mods that are in the game and sold them separately and THEN sold the game, I'd easily net over 9k. It's all in how you look at it.

Sell it to soulrider911 then! If you got everything on it + that modded armour, you'll both get what you're looking for (a fast easy sell and a real happy buyer!)
Now, the question is: why are you selling that beauty? Lol

#9902 16 days ago

I'll eventually do powder stuff to mine. Most other mods are already done, although the arcade game isn't quite working right. The 'monitor' isn't lighting up like it's supposed to. Some other light on it does work. My friend said its supposedly a super common thing that just needs solder touched up. Haven't investigated yet, still busy letting it kick my ass. Well that and I'm tearing apart a cyclone for someone.

#9903 16 days ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

I'll eventually do powder stuff to mine. Most other mods are already done, although the arcade game isn't quite working right. The 'monitor' isn't lighting up like it's supposed to. Some other light on it does work. My friend said its supposedly a super common thing that just needs solder touched up. Haven't investigated yet, still busy letting it kick my ass. Well that and I'm tearing apart a cyclone for someone.

must be like mine. I had a few mods kinda peter out too. The solder joins at the connectors should be checked and then also the crimp at the molex that goes back to the head. I'm about to convert mine to the standard 3 pin molex that plugs into the 8way mod board so it doesn't run all the way to the head to get power.

#9904 15 days ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Totally agree northvibe. Way too much for a Tron Pro, even if it's got all the mods.

Good thing I haven't listed mine publicly

#9905 15 days ago

I bought mine 2 and half years ago. 6400 delivered from across CO it had 500 ish games on it. Only things I have done are the mirror blades, and Professor pinball ramp led kit. Oh and about 4200 more games on it.

#9906 15 days ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Good thing I haven't listed mine publicly

Indeed! Wouldn't be too many offers for that Tron Meegis Edition..lol

#9907 15 days ago

Pink spotlights / pink left GI / blue right GI undone. I left the blue GI in the far back and the blue/white at the flippers. The game is still kicking my ass, lmao. You guys who are great at this machine are faaaaar better than I will probably ever be.

I'll probably try messing with the arcade this weekend to see if I can fix it. The monitor picture is just a static image that flashes on when triggered, right?

20210111_200844 (resized).jpg
#9908 15 days ago

Oh and I don't know much about these but my blue one doesn't seem to allow much of ANY light through, no matter how bright a bulb I try. The bulb seems plenty bright before I put the cap down but it just doesn't shine through very well. Anyone else running this mod? How does yours look?

20210111_201407 (resized).jpg
#9909 15 days ago

Oh and I don't know much about these but my blue one doesn't seem to allow much of ANY light through, no matter how bright a bulb I try. The bulb seems plenty bright before I put the cap down but it just doesn't shine through very well. Anyone else running this mod? How does yours look?
[quoted image]

The blue mods looks the same on all the games, the blue acrylic disk doesn't let a lot of light shine through, and it's not really fluorescent. Best part of the mod are the metal disks!

#9910 15 days ago

The monitor picture is just a static image that flashes on when triggered, right?

What do you mean, the mini arcade?

#9911 15 days ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

What do you mean?

Well I don't know, I think I saw stills from the actual arcade game when I watched videos but I'm not sure. Mine lights up the stick on the cabinet... just nothing on the monitor.

#9912 15 days ago

Well I don't know, I think I saw stills from the actual arcade game when I watched videos but I'm not sure. Mine lights up the stick on the cabinet... just nothing on the monitor.

No, it's the actual game playing on the OLED..

#9913 15 days ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

No, it's the actual game playing on the OLED..

Oh my. I really do need to get that fixed. That's far cooler than I thought.

#9914 15 days ago

#9915 15 days ago

It's actually the best mod!! The OLED is on with the game playing itself and going through the 4 different Tron arcade game. The bulbs light up the marquee, there's a UV bulb to light up the joystick/panel. The bigger flasher goes on when the balls is thrown back..

You'll also want the Hallmark cycles at one point, a bit bigger and they light up..

#9916 15 days ago

Dammit, now I'm going to be up all night trying to fix this. That's awesome!

#9917 15 days ago

Dammit, now I'm going to be up all night trying to fix this. That's awesome!

I suspect the connector is not fully pushed in inside the mod..Also could have disconnected under the playfield.

#9918 15 days ago

This doesn't have anything to do with it right?

20210111_213722 (resized).jpg

Nm. Goes to my flipper lights which seem to work in spite of the fact that it appears unplugged in the back box. Sweet cable management...

20210111_214218 (resized).jpg
#9919 15 days ago

What led lights are you using? I went to hooked on pinball and got my pop bumper led and I’m happy with them.

https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p44/Pinball-Mod-Custom-LED-PAD-555-6v.html

#9920 15 days ago
Quoted from Tsunami:

What led lights are you using? I went to hooked on pinball and got my pop bumper led and I’m happy with them.
https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p44/Pinball-Mod-Custom-LED-PAD-555-6v.html

I think it had cointaker clear 2smd. I tried a comet 2smd which is usually just fine. Maybe I need to order some of those.

//edit

Just pulled the yellow cap and it's using one of these. Not sure why the blue isn't... but I'll order another one and change it out. Thanks for the link.

#9921 15 days ago

This doesn't have anything to do with it right?
[quoted image]
Nm. Goes to my flipper lights which seem to work in spite of the fact that it appears unplugged in the back box. Sweet cable management...
[quoted image]

Look inside the mod if the pins connector is fully pushed in first..

20210111_225048 (resized).jpg20210111_225124 (resized).jpg
#9922 15 days ago
Quoted from Tsunami:

That's what I have, but the blue plastic is still way darker than the other colors.

#9923 15 days ago

I mean....I think so?

20210111_220710 (resized).jpg20210111_220731 (resized).jpg
#9924 15 days ago

I mean....I think so?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Oh my, that thing has seen better days! Much glue on it, but it does seem connected inside the mod. Check under the hood, follow the cables to see if they got disconnected somehow..

Mine are marked red and green (I use markers to ID connectors)

20210111_233940 (resized).jpg
#9925 15 days ago

Unless I'm not following something that cable appears to connect to a pair of blue wires that run all the way to the head and splice into the factory loom (with a molex) on the left. I did see two other plugs around here under the playfield and those looked okay.

What controls the led flash vs the oled screen?

#9926 15 days ago

Unless I'm not following something that cable appears to connect to a pair of blue wires wtf run all the way to the head and splice into the factory loom (with a molex) on the left. I did see two other plugs around here under the playfirkd and those looked okay.
What controls the led flash vs the oled screen?

OLED is that pin connector

#9927 15 days ago

This thing isn't supposed to disassemble in any way, I'm guessing? The whole thing is just caked in glue from all sides. I can't actually get to that board to do anything.

#9928 15 days ago

This thing isn't supposed to disassemble in any way, I'm guessing? The whole thing is just caked in glue from all sides. I can't actually get to that board to do anything.

Well, if it's only hot glue, you'll be fine. If it has screws on each side, it should all disassemble. The decals can be carefully peeled of, they're vinyl. But you don't need to open it to connect. The glue was added after probably..

See full built instructions, thou there's 3-4 versions of the cabinet. Go at around 40 minutes for connecting instructions

Also, see attached original instructions (thou, it doesn't say much). But the vid will help!
tronKitInstructions_oled (1) (2).pdf

#9929 15 days ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Well, if it's only hot glue, you'll be fine. If it has screws on each side, it should all disassemble. The decals can be carefully peeled of, they're vinyl.
See full built instructions, thou there's 3-4 versions of the cabinet. Go at around 40 minutes for connecting instructions
Also, see attached original instructions (thou, it doesn't say much). But the vid will help![quoted image]

Thank you!

#9930 15 days ago

Finally just gave in and pulled the damn thing. There's certainly a TON of glue all over this, and I can't even unplug it because it's glued in place. I'm assuming that's the likely culprit but in order to confirm the board has what it needs do I just test the plug for power? What's the voltage supposed to be?

20210112_095057 (resized).jpg20210112_095059 (resized).jpg20210112_095102 (resized).jpg20210112_095108 (resized).jpg20210112_095112 (resized).jpg20210112_095116 (resized).jpg20210112_095153 (resized).jpg
#9931 15 days ago

The answer is right there in your pics....5V.

—Donnie

#9932 15 days ago
Quoted from djb_rh:

The answer is right there in your pics....5V.
—Donnie

Yeah, realized that right after I posted. You beat my edit.

Working on scraping all the glue away. Not sure why that was done.. maybe it kept coming unplugged and they thought this would fix that once and for all? Blah.

#9933 15 days ago

Yeah, realized that right after I posted. You beat my edit.
Working on scraping all the glue away. Not sure why that was done.. maybe it kept coming unplugged and they thought this would fix that once and for all? Blah.

It does come unplugged, that's why you attach that 5v to the other cable using a small black tie, since that other cable is in fixed position with the little bracket. Providing pics of mine connected so that you'll know on which side to plug it back. Note where the wires go into the connector. Clean that cabinet up, you should be able to see all clean lines and the details on the vinyls. I would simply connect the power and check if the monitor is coming on before reassembly.
20210112_111406 (resized).jpg20210112_111636 (resized).jpg

#9934 15 days ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

It does come unplugged, that's why you attach that 5v to the other cable using a small black tie, since that other cable is in fixed position with the little bracket. Providing pics of mine connected so that you'll know on which side to plug it back. Note where the wires go into the connector. Clean that cabinet up, you should be able to see all clean lines and the details on the vinyls. I would simply connect the power and check if the monitor is coming on before reassembly.

Note I only have the UV bulb on, I recently removed the marquee LEDs because the resistance broke off.. ordered! Lol

#9935 15 days ago

..and these are the Hallmark lighted mods, once you get there. Lol

20210112_113818 (resized).jpg
#9936 14 days ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

My arcade 4.0 mod is like a 50/50 proposition to be on or off when I turn the game on. The mini cabinet lights up, but the monitor doesn’t always come on right away. If I open the coin door and jiggle the cable under the pf, it comes right on. So something must be loose inside my mod too.

#9938 14 days ago

They are. But you can also buy your own cycles on eBay, etc., and assemble them yourself from your own parts (you'll find info on Pinside). But if you are lazy like me, you get them ready to go.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wiring-up-hallmark-tron-light-cycles

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-light-cycles-bypass-the-switch-no-glue-no-melting

#9939 14 days ago

Today a got a arcade mod for my Tron. The additional power harness that is to run from the mod to the back box and plug into the 6 pin open molex is missing. Can someone possibly send me some pics on what 2 of the 6 pins are used.

#9940 13 days ago

I'm definitely getting a solid 5V from the power leads..but nothing on the display. I'm assuming *something* happened and my board is now.....dead. That sucks.

#9941 13 days ago

I'm definitely getting a solid 5V from the power leads..but nothing on the display. I'm assuming *something* happened and my board is now.....dead. That sucks.

Have you tried connecting on that second row, or switching side.. there's different types of boards out there, at this point you won't kill it. Wait a bit when powering on, it does not come on instantly..

#9942 13 days ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Have you tried connecting on that second row, or switching side.. there's different types of boards out there, at this point you won't kill it. Wait a bit when powering on, it does not come on instantly..

Yeah I tried all sorts of things. Didn't seem to make any difference.

#9943 13 days ago

Yeah I tried all sorts of things. Didn't seem to make any difference.

Well, you can buy an OLED and copy the program on it using that microSD slot.. I'll send you the link where to find all that info online if you want.

Having said that, your cabinet is also quite beat up.. you could always order a brand new mod from pinbalooking. But it's $$..

#9944 13 days ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Well, you can buy an OLED and copy the program on it using that microSD slot.. I'll send you the link where to find all that info online if you want.
Having said that, your cabinet is also quite beat up.. you could always order a brand new mod from pinbalooking. But it's $$..

Sent a PM over, so I guess we'll see what happens. Might just have to wait around on it for a bit. Basically sold a kidney just buying the machine.

#9945 13 days ago

Sent a PM over, so I guess we'll see what happens. Might just have to wait around on it for a bit. Basically sold a kidney just buying the machine.

I just bought an empty cabinet from a guy here last week and then i got another full working one yesterday. I will sell you the empty cabinet im waiting for when it arrives if you like.

#9946 13 days ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

I just bought an empty cabinet from a guy here last week and then i got another full working one yesterday. I will sell you the empty cabinet im waiting for when it arrives if you like.

Nice! But his OLED will need to be replaced as well it seems..

#9947 13 days ago

I know, right? Lol, Tron sure did more than just keep its value! I just love mine, instant fun when we play it, my gf loves it. Well, you're almost set fixing that cabinet and getting those cycles! Hope you have a subwoofer plugged under that thing!

#9948 13 days ago

Haha no subwoofer yet although it does supposedly have "upgraded sound" -- whatever THAT means. It's pretty damn loud.

I'm getting my ass kicked a LITTLE less today; I've had a few games in the 50s today. Not great by any means, but on the leaderboard anyway (I erased the high scores because it was bumming me out seeing them all over 140M). Seems I can get to Sea of Simulation here and there, but I usually get my ass kicked once I'm there. Ha ha.

Great, frustrating game. I love the shots on it. I figured I would, but it's good to see that ended up holding true...after all I did in order to buy it, lol.

#9949 13 days ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Nice! But his OLED will need to be replaced as well it seems..

The cabinet i got was empty and I was going to make my own video display to go inside of it.

#9950 13 days ago
Quoted from Tsunami:

Just following up on this one last time, I decided to swap the linked pad from my YELLOW disc--since I figured it was the most likely one to still look good with an 'inferior' bulb inside--in to the BLUE disc and I put a sunlight 4x4 flasher under the YELLOW disc. It's actually doing just fine compared to the orange and blue now, and blue looks pretty good. Those pads are frickin' awesome though, I think I'll definitely be ordering a few for supply purposes when I order the cycles. I'm sure they won't look good under any sort of translucent caps, but under metal/solid caps...they definitely have potential. Thanks again for the link!

4560B79A-785B-4E82-88AE-2B53F08118F9 (resized).jpeg4E2AD49B-3A85-406C-9DB7-AD95F15DB2CA (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 9970 posts in this topic. You are on page 199 of 200.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside