IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3026 (resized).png
IMG_3018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
TRON_SpinDisc Mounted (resized).jpg
IMG_5680 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1247 (resized).jpeg
There are 11,635 posts in this topic. You are on page 195 of 233.
#9701 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Thank you!
3D print files here...
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:874145/comments
I got the 3.2mm EL wire from eBay .
I had a local 3D print studio print the letters and frame and color match vinyl.
Then spent the 60 hours or so it takes to learn/develop skill/refine skill/manipulate the 3D printed fragile letters, EL wire, general wiring/solder and hot glue.
I think if I made another, It might take me 40 hours to build.
EL wire splicing is very time consuming and difficult, once you refine the skill, you’ll have it for life.

Very nice! I’ve seen something similar posted before. Might’ve been here or KLOV. Wish someone would mass produce these. Or make a smaller version of the neon one all over eBay. Would make a great topper.

#9702 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

Very nice! I’ve seen something similar posted before. Might’ve been here or KLOV. Wish someone would mass produce these. Or make a smaller version of the neon one all over eBay. Would make a great topper.

Thank you! As far as this design There’s no cost effective way, there’s simply a ton of labor and patience involved.

#9703 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

Its been in this thread before.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/182#post-5064538

#9704 3 years ago

for sale
stainless steel panel for Iron 140$ shipped

5e3da1a214c1a2bb39193a02616844366bc663d0 (resized).jpg5e3da1a214c1a2bb39193a02616844366bc663d0 (resized).jpg
#9705 3 years ago

Sooo I finally got Portal Multiball and kinda wish I hadn’t, the anticlimactic hype is true

#9706 3 years ago

Sooo I got to Portal multiball and the anticlimactic hype is real
Has anyone been able to make it more exciting with a different tune in pinball browser? I’ve got a great pb mix in my Tron that I got off a pinsider last year when I got the game, but Portal mb is so lacking it’s like it needs a super special hyped up Daft Punk mix to salvage it!?

#9707 3 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Sooo I got to Portal multiball and the anticlimactic hype is real
Has anyone been able to make it more exciting with a different tune in pinball browser? I’ve got a great pb mix in my Tron that I got off a pinsider last year when I got the game, but Portal mb is so lacking it’s like it needs a super special hyped up Daft Punk mix to salvage it!?

How about robot rock?

Or this... just turn up the tempo a little possibly

#9708 3 years ago

Just acquired a Tron Pro, which has been modded with diffusing fiber optics tubes on the ramps. Unfortunately the control unit is a simple RGB led source with a remote control, so while it does look nice, it does not respond to gameplay.

I'm therefore trying to figure out where to get an Eli kit or equivalent, but can't find any. Would you know by any chance if there is an alternate option (or better, an available kit somewhere) ?

Thanks

#9709 3 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Just acquired a Tron Pro, which has been modded with diffusing fiber optics tubes on the ramps. Unfortunately the control unit is a simple RGB led source with a remote control, so while it does look nice, it does not respond to gameplay.
I'm therefore trying to figure out where to get an Eli kit or equivalent, but can't find any. Would you know by any chance if there is an alternate option (or better, an available kit somewhere) ?
Thanks

Yes the Professor Pinball Tron Pinduino is awesome and very unique looking on Tron! It also costs less and is actually available, you can look it up here on Pinside. Sure its not the exact same fiber optic rim around the ramps like everyone has, but for Tron imo it actually works way better because some of the features have pulses of lights going around the ramps like light cycles, and you can easily learn the software to assign it different colors and functions if you wish. The LED strips come in a clear flexible 'tubing' that you stick to the ramps so no drilling, and I actually sprayed mine with frosted glass spray from Lowes before installing so it diffused the direct site of the LEDs. Professor Pinball is an awesome guy too and will help you get set up, he even made a reverse mounted kit for me for Tron - his original kit had the wires going down into the pf by the flippers but I asked him to make it reverse so that the wires go into the holes at the ramp entrances where the LE fiber optic kits would've gone into the PF.

#9710 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

How about robot rock?

Or this... just turn up the tempo a little possibly

YES! Thats perfect - I like Robot Rock dropped in around 21 secs so the intro isn't too long and then BooM it kicks in with intense multi ball rock!! Do you do Pinball Browser?!

#9711 3 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Thanks

Here's an old video I found showing some of the Pinduino. It also has some great solid saturation effects where the whole ramps are lit up at once certain colors (you can assign the colors), there's different types of 'bullet' effects or tracers and you can do solid colors or have it start off as one color and end as another color etc...

#9712 3 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Here's an old video I found showing some of the Pinduino. It also has some great solid saturation effects where the whole ramps are lit up at once certain colors (you can assign the colors), there's different types of 'bullet' effects or tracers and you can do solid colors or have it start off as one color and end as another color etc...

Cool stuff! Feels like it's something Stern should have wanted to do at the factory, e.g. it does look like some lightbikes are racing.. but I guess it was easier to do the toned down solution they went with, or maybe Stern didn't have the knowhow or never even thought about doing it the Pinduino way.

Having said that, I still think ELI - I just can't 'unsee' how cool it looks! But Pinduino does offer more control over the effects..

#9713 3 years ago

I have the professor pinball LED strips on mine, and love em.

#9714 3 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Cool stuff! Feels like it's something Stern should have wanted to do at the factory....
Having said that, I still think ELI - I just can't 'unsee' how cool it looks! But Pinduino does offer more control over the effects..

Last year Timebandit said he was going to do one last run of his total light show (Eli-style) and had a short list of names in for one, but then the Aussie fires hit this winter and then pandemic and there wasn’t a word from him again, hopefully he’s doin ok down there. So the Pinduino is the only option available, for what it’s worth everyone that’s seen mine thinks it’s super cool how the interactive lights look and it makes it seem a little more unique. Obviously it’s not that signature Tron LE ramp light look, but we love it and that’s all that matters!(;

#9715 3 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Last year Timebandit said he was going to do one last run of his total light show (Eli-style) and had a short list of names in for one, but then the Aussie fires hit this winter and then pandemic and there wasn’t a word from him again, hopefully he’s doin ok down there. So the Pinduino is the only option available, for what it’s worth everyone that’s seen mine thinks it’s super cool how the interactive lights look and it makes it seem a little more unique. Obviously it’s not that signature Tron LE ramp light look, but we love it and that’s all that matters!(;

I'd still be in! I hope he's ok!

#9716 3 years ago

Ok well it turns out Timebandit just never replied to some messages but he’s still somewhat active on his other thread, and as of a few months ago looks like he said he was still trying to work on them but ran into problems with the boards he’s using, and until the mftr has a solution it’s going to be a while until he can get more kits together... So you’d prob want to post on his thread better chance of hearing from him than pm:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ramp-lighting-in-your-face-st-pro-brought-to-lifevideo/page/45

#9717 3 years ago

With regards to Pinduino I've looked at it in details. While the effects are neat, I'm not a big fan of the ledstrip mounting, as they are too visible when off. I tried to look for ledstrip encased into a silicone diffuser, so you wouldn't see the leds (just the lights), but could not find any.

So I much prefer the 'fiber optics' look and i'm fairly certain it's possible to design a light source emitter for diffusing fiber optics which would be driven by Arduino. After all, the source is can be considered as a ledstrip of 1 LED. If I don't find an alternative, that's probably the route I'll take

Regards

#9718 3 years ago

Just got my Tron back from Portland Pinball Repair. Had a bunch of work done and had it powder coated. Still need to add the color dmd and at some point add a better light kit for my ramps. Love this game!

20200924_153017 (resized).jpg20200924_153017 (resized).jpg
#9719 3 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

With regards to Pinduino I've looked at it in details. While the effects are neat, I'm not a big fan of the ledstrip mounting, as they are too visible when off. I tried to look for ledstrip encased into a silicone diffuser, so you wouldn't see the leds (just the lights), but could not find any.

Yea I looked too and never found any either, but the Pinduino comes with the led strip enclosed in a flexible clear silicone housing, so I just sprayed it with a frosted glass spray you can see what it looks like in the video posted. I wasn’t sure how it would look when the game was off but I did it and it’s never once bothered me, and if I stared at the game while it was off for too long I’d realize something was wrong with me and I might as well turn it on and play!

#9720 3 years ago
Quoted from Cdonnerusmc:

Just got my Tron back from Portland Pinball Repair. Had a bunch of work done and had it powder coated. Still need to add the color dmd and at some point add a better light kit for my ramps. Love this game!

Portland did the wrong color on the left! It's supposed to be yellow.

#9721 3 years ago

The translight and almost every picture on this machine is orange. Went with what better fits this machine.

Quoted from neverahighscore:

Portland did the wrong color on the left! It's supposed to be yellow.

20200924_185510 (resized).jpg20200924_185510 (resized).jpg
#9722 3 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Yea I looked too and never found any either, but the Pinduino comes with the led strip enclosed in a flexible clear silicone housing, so I just sprayed it with a frosted glass spray you can see what it looks like in the video posted. I wasn’t sure how it would look when the game was off but I did it and it’s never once bothered me, and if I stared at the game while it was off for too long I’d realize something was wrong with me and I might as well turn it on and play!

ArcadeBar As you point out, not looking good in "off" is probably not a big deal, I was more concerned about seeing the ledstrips while playing, as if not integrated properly this can be very disturbing. But your idea of frosted glass spray is super cool, and indeed in the video this looks quite neat. I would welcome a link, as I need to find an equivalent reference here in France.

Regards

#9723 3 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

arcadebar As you point out, not looking good in "off" is probably not a big deal, I was more concerned about seeing the ledstrips while playing, as if not integrated properly this can be very disturbing. But your idea of frosted glass spray is super cool, and indeed in the video this looks quite neat. I would welcome a link, as I need to find an equivalent reference here in France.
Regards

Hi, sorry for the delay in responding...I found some pics from back when I did this, here's the frosted glass spray I used, and you can see in the one pic how the strip looks black before applying and then the frosted white sprayed one under it. I didn't spray the backs, and just did a layer, let it dry for 10 mins then sprayed another layer etc... I used the whole can which ended up being 12 layers which I remember thinking was excessive and it would've been fine to stop at 6 layers. With 12 layers it ended up having a lot of frost material built up on the edges and I ended up having to take a razor and lightly shave off some of this, so with 6 layers I believe it would've provided plenty of the diffuse-effect needed and not have the excess buildup. I put black shrink on about 3in of the ends so that the wires disappeared nicely and fed them down the holes already by both of the ramp entrances, which is backwards from how the kit comes, but I thought it looked better than fishing the wires down at the other end of the ramps by the flipper lanes. Professor Pinball was very accommodating and helped me flip the code/programming for the light strips to account for this alt mounting and I think he saved the code incase others wanted to install it this way. I can probably find more old video but I think the vid you saw from the post a week ago probably shows enough.

IMG_2344 (resized).jpgIMG_2344 (resized).jpgIMG_2346 (resized).jpgIMG_2346 (resized).jpgIMG_2377 (resized).jpgIMG_2377 (resized).jpg
#9724 3 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Thanks

Spend some time looking into rgb led neon, maybe there’s a good option to use with the pinduino

AliExpress or ebay has some options possibly.

Also, maybe EL wire?? Maybe el wire inside a diffused tubing?

What about EL tape?? Maybe too rigid

Maybe hook el wire up to the pinduino somehow?

Quoted from ArcadeBar:

YES! Thats perfect - I like Robot Rock dropped in around 21 secs so the intro isn't too long and then BooM it kicks in with intense multi ball rock!! Do you do Pinball Browser?!

I don’t have pinball browser... yet. I plan on getting it sometime.

Post a vid with robot rock installed if you make it happen

I have it as the multiball song in my Gamatron pin. Pretty awesome with no compression

1 week later
#9725 3 years ago
Quoted from Cdonnerusmc:

The translight and almost every picture on this machine is orange. Went with what better fits this machine.
[quoted image]

Mine has a similar, but reversed powder coat. I was told 6-8 of these hadn’t sold yet back in 2012 or so, and they received this makeover at either Cointaker or Pinball Life. I really like the look of it. I use blue and yellow flippers. I’ve tried orange but I prefer yellow. Yours looks good!

E1F80130-D24D-46C7-8424-6EF29D015800 (resized).pngE1F80130-D24D-46C7-8424-6EF29D015800 (resized).png
#9726 3 years ago

Anyone know a good contact email for Pinbits, or do I just have to attempt to call them?

I want to order their clear plastic protector set for my Tron Pro, but their web page for that item is broken.
https://pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_65&products_id=506

I've sent a message through the contact page on their web site. I also sent an email to pam (at) pinbits.com. No reply to either after several weeks and the page is still broken.

#9727 3 years ago

buy something else, then add a note to that order with anything else you need. their communication blows.

#9728 3 years ago

"The Door" - ready to work.

20201006_124337 (resized).jpg20201006_124337 (resized).jpg20201006_124448 (resized).jpg20201006_124448 (resized).jpg
#9729 3 years ago
Quoted from ZfromEarth:

"The Door" - ready to work.
[quoted image][quoted image]

20201006_120249 (resized).jpg20201006_120249 (resized).jpg20201006_120257 (resized).jpg20201006_120257 (resized).jpg20201006_123441 (resized).jpg20201006_123441 (resized).jpg20201006_123450 (resized).jpg20201006_123450 (resized).jpg20201006_123505 (resized).jpg20201006_123505 (resized).jpg
#9730 3 years ago
Quoted from ZfromEarth:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow..!

#9731 3 years ago
20201006_180633 (resized).jpg20201006_180633 (resized).jpg20201006_180643 (resized).jpg20201006_180643 (resized).jpg20201006_180710 (resized).jpg20201006_180710 (resized).jpg
#9732 3 years ago

You sir have excellent taste!
IMG_2749 (resized).JPGIMG_2749 (resized).JPG

#9733 3 years ago

[quoted image]

If I was a Tron, I'd want this! Beautiful!!
I may just have to copy you!!

#9734 3 years ago

Guys are killing me with these all chrome LE’s!

#9735 3 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

I think I tried to add myself to that list at some point when he posted it in this thread a while back as well. I think I may have even sent him a PM, but didn't get a response. Hoping with the fires and all this Pandemic stuff that he's doing well.

#9736 3 years ago

Where did you get that awesome Tron Legacy rubber floor mat?

[quoted image]

#9737 3 years ago
Quoted from Mokthemagicman:

Where did you get that awesome Tron Legacy rubber floor mat?

Some company on E-bay was making them for different pins. Nice quality and came in some different sizes.

#9738 3 years ago

I'd like to have an original Tron flyer to hang on my wall. If you have a spare that you'd be willing to sell and mail to me, please send me a message. Thanks!

44004001 (resized).png44004001 (resized).png
#9739 3 years ago

I decided to play a quick game while lunch was cooking, got the 100mill portal collect on my first ball. Noice!

PXL_20201015_184435038 (resized).jpgPXL_20201015_184435038 (resized).jpg
#9740 3 years ago

Wow. That’s bonkers. I’ve owned my Tron for 2 years and can’t reach Portal. In fact, my high scores are all from 2018. I can usually reach Sea of Simulation, but I’m 2 or 3 modes short of Portal always. Do you find the best path is to complete the modes before reaching SoS? Or do you clean up the mess and finish the modes during SOS? Nice job! Heckuva ball. I would honestly pull that ball out and encase it in acrylic. It has earned retirement.

#9741 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Wow. That’s bonkers. I’ve owned my Tron for 2 years and can’t reach Portal. In fact, my high scores are all from 2018. I can usually reach Sea of Simulation, but I’m 2 or 3 modes short of Portal always. Do you find the best path is to complete the modes before reaching SoS? Or do you clean up the mess and finish the modes during SOS? Nice job! Heckuva ball. I would honestly pull that ball out and encase it in acrylic. It has earned retirement.

The true goal of Tron is to complete all the modes first, then double scoring, then portal. One you get better, portal isn't that hard to get to. Usually light cycle is the hardest for me to finish. My GC is 340million or so My game plays fn fast too, but it's just a matter of practice, flipper skills, and a little luck sometimes.

#9742 3 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

The true goal of Tron is to complete all the modes first, then double scoring, then portal. One you get better, portal isn't that hard to get to. Usually light cycle is the hardest for me to finish. My GC is 340million or so My game plays fn fast too, but it's just a matter of practice, flipper skills, and a little luck sometimes.

Beg to differ, Portal is hard to get to--you are a good player, amigo!

#9743 3 years ago

In addition to playing Tron like a nudge champ who's hitting Quora like she's your mistress it also def depends on how your game is set up too, points and/or EBs for replay awards or specials etc... after a year I made the mistake and changed mine to EB for replay awards and then got to portal too easy and was seriously disappointed in how anticlimactic it seemed!? Changed that back off of EBs quick, and still want to get a pinball browser mixup for Portal to take it to another level... Its tough to break 150 mil hell just breaking 100 on this game is a feat!

#9744 3 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Thanks for the tips. Yeah, I agree w Billy16 on this. I’m a decent player with some top 10 scores on here (not Tron!) and I can pretty consistently hit both Quorra and Gem, I just can’t seem to finish everything, even earning 1 or 2 extra balls. I definitely can’t do it with 3. Tron is a fast, punishing game. But it’s not unfair, imho. I just need to focus on completing modes and get to Portal already. That’s my goal - reach Portal before year end. Does the “special” insert actually light up on the pro? I’ve never seen it qualified.

#9745 3 years ago

The Special is like a snowflake in the Sahara--pretty damn rare.

#9746 3 years ago

how wants the last speaker panel stainless steel for TRON

145$ shipped
ae659bb3c8603f6e3b8588d22e20d5717bb49700 (resized).jpgae659bb3c8603f6e3b8588d22e20d5717bb49700 (resized).jpg

#9747 3 years ago

Finally! Thank you Chris the perfect Chrome plating job.

20201020_182713 (resized).jpg20201020_182713 (resized).jpg20201020_182717 (resized).jpg20201020_182717 (resized).jpg
#9748 3 years ago

Ready to replace, just the Chrome bolts missing...

20201020_185354 (resized).jpg20201020_185354 (resized).jpg20201020_185407 (resized).jpg20201020_185407 (resized).jpg
#9749 3 years ago
Quoted from ZfromEarth:

Ready to replace, just the Chrome bolts missing...[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, where do we get these?

#9750 3 years ago

Anyone know the led numbers needed for an LE? My manual has the bulb types but doesn’t seem to list the numbers needed of each bulb.

Currently I’m not at home cause of Covid but would love to get an order in ready for when I’m back to working and living at home.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,635 posts in this topic. You are on page 195 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/195?hl=cdonnerusmc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.