IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3026 (resized).png
IMG_3018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
TRON_SpinDisc Mounted (resized).jpg
IMG_5680 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1247 (resized).jpeg
There are 11,635 posts in this topic. You are on page 190 of 233.
#9451 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

I made a thing. Baby tron pinball with an arduino inside and plays music with controls on the front of the cab. The backbox folds and when it’s in the down position it turns itself off [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wait...what? That’s amazing.

#9452 3 years ago

Question, where should the scoop shoot the ball to? Right or left flipper??

#9453 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Right.

#9454 3 years ago

cool that's what mine does.

#9455 3 years ago

I made a thing. Baby tron pinball with an arduino inside and plays music with controls on the front of the cab. The backbox folds and when it’s in the down position it turns itself off [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That is awesome. I want one.

#9456 3 years ago
Quoted from ragefactory:

Also reading on internet i bought the 2 light cycle from Hallmark: what i need to do to connect them to the pinball lights?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wiring-up-hallmark-tron-light-cycles

Cliff notes version:
- Either glue the on button down or remove the button and solder the lines together
- Remove battery packs and solder in a + and - wires to the appropriate locations (+ = the flat pad side; - = the spring side)
- Develop a mounting solution. Most drill a small hole in the lower wheel portion and mount with a small screw in the plastic.
- Wire into 5V source. There is one in the cabinet and one in the head. If you are doing other mods you might as well get a power distribution board (https://www.pinballlife.com/8-way-power-splitter-board-for-stern-pinball-machines-using-whitestar-or-sam-operating-systems.html )

#9457 3 years ago

I've seen several examples of these online, but have not found the source files for the 3D prints. Are these something you designed yourself, or do you have a link to the STL files?

#9458 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Mine is completely random. I have attempted adjusting the scoop several times but eventually gave up and have learned to appreciate the craziness it adds to the game. In contrast TZ always hits the exact same spot on the right flipper. Every time. Too predictable for me and that is why I let Tron be.

#9459 3 years ago

Noticed my tron scoop is shooting past the mylar strip, somewhere on or past the clu insert. I've seen on some Sterns that you can adjust the strength on a coil in the menu, maybe, that was only spike generation games? Anyone else experience the scoop shooting that hard?

#9460 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Cliff notes version:
- Either glue the on button down or remove the button and solder the lines together
- Remove battery packs and solder in a + and - wires to the appropriate locations (+ = the flat pad side; - = the spring side)
- Develop a mounting solution. Most drill a small hole in the lower wheel portion and mount with a small screw in the plastic.
- Wire into 5V source. There is one in the cabinet and one in the head. If you are doing other mods you might as well get a power distribution board (https://www.pinballlife.com/8-way-power-splitter-board-for-stern-pinball-machines-using-whitestar-or-sam-operating-systems.html )

thanks!

#9461 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I've seen several examples of these online, but have not found the source files for the 3D prints. Are these something you designed yourself, or do you have a link to the STL files?

Not sure if this is the one soulrider used (doesnt have side hinges) but seems quite good.

I'm printing this one right now (eta 17 hours on the body).

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2584560

#9462 3 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Not sure if this is the one soulrider used (doesnt have side hinges) but seems quite good.
I'm printing this one right now (eta 17 hours on the body).
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2584560

Yes, I saw that one, but as you noted it is less detailed. I found this link which looks like what his is modeled after: http://tinypin.nl/tp

It would be fairly easy to design one, but I was hoping to save some time and steps.

#9463 3 years ago
Quoted from ragefactory:

Hi all guys, my Tron Legacy PRO just arrived, finally im in the Club!
Cause an old firmware was installed i update it with the modded fw found on pinside named TRN_M70.BIN but after listening the pre-disk multiball music i decided to go back to the last stock FW. There are onther modded firwmare with better music around i can try?
Where i can find the eli's ramp fiber optic mod today?
Also reading on internet i bought the 2 light cycle from Hallmark: what i need to do to connect them to the pinball lights?
I suck playing this game: its really hard for me, ball always go on outlane drain damn.
Any suggestion?
thanks[quoted image]

Alternative code:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-code-for-iron-man-tron-and-twd

#9465 3 years ago

You’ve inspired me to try and finish mine.

Wanted it to look as similar to the full size machine with chrome trim and to look a little more 3d.

Playfield and coin door are pictures of my machine.
BA9086ED-0C70-494D-BF01-C957C485EC40 (resized).jpegBA9086ED-0C70-494D-BF01-C957C485EC40 (resized).jpeg

D5D56455-FDA0-4645-B473-85D04D85BF2C (resized).jpegD5D56455-FDA0-4645-B473-85D04D85BF2C (resized).jpeg190395A7-BB33-4CB4-BF5E-1D9A3175BA90 (resized).jpeg190395A7-BB33-4CB4-BF5E-1D9A3175BA90 (resized).jpeg
#9466 3 years ago

Thanks! I really like it. Very nice music mix in your FW, i will keep it installed!
Just need a small fix in the initial song loop (when u start a game but don't launch the ball).

#9467 3 years ago
Quoted from ragefactory:

Thanks! I really like it. Very nice music mix in your FW, i will keep it installed!
Just need a small fix in the initial song loop (when u start a game but don't launch the ball).

Thanks !
It's a bit hard to make a perfect loop, but i will update that soon, my actual PC is shit and i can't use a music software in good condition to work on it. Next week i will be able, a new and better PC will come to my house. So a few more updates of my codes will be available.

#9468 3 years ago

Tron Pro Custom code update / Callouts for Double Scoring, Pop Bumpers and Super Spinners ("Double Scoring initiated" / "Shoot spinning targets" / "Pop Bumpers are lit") added from Tron LE (thanks to Rai and snakesnsparklers)

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-code-for-iron-man-tron-and-twd#post-5627220

#9469 3 years ago

My Tron's PRO pinball arrived with a missing Tron mini arcade cabinet

Then i planned to make a new one by myself but... why a cabinet when that hole is named "FLYNN'S ARCADE"?

So i decided to make the FLYNN'S Arcade building instead of the classic Tron cabinet

Build lights connected to the FLYNN'S Arcade insert .
FLYNNNARCADE (resized).jpgFLYNNNARCADE (resized).jpgP_20200502_222350 (resized).jpgP_20200502_222350 (resized).jpgP_20200502_222357 (resized).jpgP_20200502_222357 (resized).jpg

#9470 3 years ago
Quoted from DystopicPinball:

Then i planned to make a new one by myself but... why a cabinet when that hole is named "FLYNN'S ARCADE"?
So i decided to make the FLYNN'S Arcade building instead of the classic Tron cabinet
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That’s an impressive little model - I like it.

However, my feeble brain cannot cope with the lack of an arcade machine (mod or otherwise) in that spot. It just doesn’t compute, sorry. Are there any other possible places it could go?

#9471 3 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

However, my feeble brain cannot cope with the lack of an arcade machine (mod or otherwise) in that spot. It just doesn’t compute, sorry. Are there any other possible places it could go?

I agree. If it were my game, I'd install the FLYNN arcade model where the popular FLYNN sign typically goes (and I'd add a TRON arcade above the scoop...where it belongs

Image 2-5-20 at 9.47 PM (resized).jpegImage 2-5-20 at 9.47 PM (resized).jpeg
#9472 3 years ago

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Really cool model, a larger version would make for a pretty cool topper!

#9473 3 years ago

Hey guys I’m doing some
Mods today did Flynn sign and the scoop light but how Do I remove these two posts to install cliffy??
E968606B-087E-49B7-9953-0FAA106F80EB (resized).jpegE968606B-087E-49B7-9953-0FAA106F80EB (resized).jpeg

#9474 3 years ago

This was in my
Giant box of mods I never installed. I know it’s for TRON , anyone know what it is ?

F9E5F207-57B9-46E7-B0AB-345814B809F0 (resized).jpegF9E5F207-57B9-46E7-B0AB-345814B809F0 (resized).jpeg
#9475 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

This was in my
Giant box of mods I never installed. I know it’s for TRON , anyone know what it is ?
[quoted image]

That's universal... It's a Matrix Tap https://www.cometpinball.com/collections/matrix

#9476 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

This was in my
[quoted image]

Yep, it’s a universal power source connector for an led strip or extra lamp. You can plug the wedge or bayonet into any socket (such as the 2 lights inside the coin door) to add an led strip to the trough or maybe an extra lamp to the playfield. Comet sells extension wires in different lengths so that you can add lighting to your pin. I usually add a trough light and maybe LEDs to the scoops too!

#9477 3 years ago

Does anyone know what happened to that live movie video clip LCD screen for the backbox mod? Is it still going or is it dead?
Thanks

#9478 3 years ago

Hello Troners,

I own a Tron LE with a modded sound code. Today I recognized that there is no tournament option in the setups.

So I can‘t start a tournament with the installed t.button.

Is this normal?

#9479 3 years ago

Definitely recommend the scoop flasher totally worth it .

#9480 3 years ago

Nib TRON le
Listed in marketplace...
Amazing there are still some
Out there

#9481 3 years ago

Looks like we are back to lamp in the title of this thread. I love lamp!

#9482 3 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

Looks like we are back to lamp in the title of this thread. I love lamp!

I love lamp...

#9483 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Cliff notes version:

Thanks for all the infos.
Today i received the 1st light cycle. Where the exact point i can get the 5v inside the cabinet?
The hallmark cycle use 3x 1.5v battery, isnt 5v too much?

Other question:
since ELI ramp mod isnt' available but i want an EL WIRE kit... where i can get one? I don't need it to be interactive, just 2 colors are enought (yellow/orange and blue) but very bright light needed.
I seen this on ebay, but wire diameter is very small and light is low...
ebay.com link: TRON Pinball Blue yellow Light Wire Kit Mod

#9484 3 years ago

Thanks for all the infos.
Today i received the 1st light cycle. Where the exact point i can get the 5v inside the cabinet?
The hallmark cycle use 3x 1.5v battery, isnt 5v too much?
Other question:
since ELI ramp mod isnt' available but i want an EL WIRE kit... where i can get one? I don't need it to be interactive, just 2 colors are enought (yellow/orange and blue) but very bright light needed.
I seen this on ebay, but wire diameter is very small and light is low...
ebay.com link » Tron Pinball Blue Yellow Light Wire Kit Mod

At the front of the cabinet (below the right flipper) there should be a 3 prong IDC connector that is open (assuming you don't have any mods in the game yet). You can plug in there by getting a 3 prong connector and us just two of the slots. I forget which is the 12v, 5v and ground sources but if nobody chimes in, I can look this week. There is also another 3 prong connector for power in the backgox just below the light tube.

For the light kit. If you want the color changing one that goes with the game, look up the total light show kit. Pretty sure it is still being made. If all you want is just a single color then you can get any kit you want or make your own if you want it bigger/brighter. If you make your own make sure you get the side glow fiber wire in the thickness you want. Pretty sure I went with 8mm when I redid my LE to have clear wire vs the white that comes stock. Be advised you will need more than you think. You will need about 25 feet of it. One ramp is 10-11 feet of wire with the other being 11-12 feet. I don't recall the exact lengths but I bought 25ft and didn't have a whole lot left over.

I see you aren't in the US so linking what I got wont help you much but here is an example of what you are looking for but just not long enough. https://www.amazon.com/Huaxi-%D0%A40-31in-Plastic-Lighting-Decoration/dp/B07R837WPX/ref=sr_1_1

You would then need the RGB controllers or light kit to light them up. So prepare to spend about $100 making your own kit that doesn't color change with the game.

#9485 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Nib TRON le
Listed in marketplace...
Amazing there are still some
Out there

Has it gone? Doesn’t seem to show during a search, I thought I had brought the last one years ago, off you I believe.

#9486 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Does anyone know what happened to that live movie video clip LCD screen for the backbox mod? Is it still going or is it dead?
Thanks

Good call! An update on this would be fantastic.....and also a Tron Vault with LCD

#9487 3 years ago

I need help too..
where exactly i can connect the cycles to the 5v? There's nothing under the playfield near the 2 light cycles? a general illumination lamp sockets provide more than 5v?
thanks

#9488 3 years ago

Right here is the one I was talking about above. There should also be one in the backbox. Not going to get a picture of that one though as I have an active backbox which is a PITA to take off.

The block you see is the distribution board that I recommended. If you don't have one of those then you will have to split the connector shown into two outlets. Super easy. Just put two wires into each IDC connector before you crimp them down. They will both fit without an issue. Top should be ground, middle 5V and bottom 12V. Been a while since I've done wiring on this game so I'd just double check that with a volt meter before plugging your light cycles in as 12v will make them smoke and blow.

tron (resized).jpgtron (resized).jpg
#9489 3 years ago

Thanks @ 85vett

#9490 3 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Video show the FLYNN'S ARCADE and not the TRON ARCADE

But also you are 100% right that an arcade machine is needed on this pinball, so i made another mod
Here some pictures.

Meanwhile added some toys with led on the playfield and made custom scorecards... still work in progress...
Next update will be EL ramp kit and light cycles

thanks

FLYNNS (resized).jpgFLYNNS (resized).jpgP_20200515_121628 (resized).jpgP_20200515_121628 (resized).jpgP_20200515_121704 (resized).jpgP_20200515_121704 (resized).jpgP_20200515_121729 (resized).jpgP_20200515_121729 (resized).jpgP_20200515_121736 (resized).jpgP_20200515_121736 (resized).jpgP_20200515_121747 (resized).jpgP_20200515_121747 (resized).jpgP_20200515_121810 (resized).jpgP_20200515_121810 (resized).jpgtroncard (resized).jpgtroncard (resized).jpg
#9491 3 years ago

I like the idea of the flynns building but it is not there yet. I think you need to paint it. Dark red bricks. The grey is now to plastic for me. Also it misses something, do not know what. I would not put it over the scoop. Maybe if you want to share the 3d design, I can print it and see what can be done.

#9492 3 years ago

But also you are 100% right that an arcade machine is needed on this pinball, so i made another mod

Not to play semantics but the movie does show the Tron Arcade and I believe how the game was built is more accurate to that theme. The Arcade is just a location but the arcade game itself is the pathway to the portal which is where he meets Quorra, Clu and has the light cycle battle (the achievements from the scoop on the PF). For game reference, that is why I believe they put the arcade there as the scoop references the hidden pathway to those activities.

OK, so why do I now feel like this guy:

simpsons (resized).jpgsimpsons (resized).jpg
#9493 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I like the idea of the flynns building but it is not there yet. I think you need to paint it. Dark red bricks. The grey is now to plastic for me. Also it misses something, do not know what. I would not put it over the scoop. Maybe if you want to share the 3d design, I can print it and see what can be done.

Thanks for your suggestion.
I have tryed many palette before go with the grey (that look plastic thanks to a glossy spray i used to protect the colors and increase lights reflections).
Main problem is that FLYNN'S ARCADE is almost the only non sci-fi object on the playfield: using colors like dark red bricks will generate too much style/visual contrast.
Glossy gray is much more neutral and give nice lights reflections.
About plastic effect.. all the pinball is made with plastics items with medium/low deatails... cannot insert ultra-detailed and ultra realistic painted items like a warhammer scenario.. same contrast problem.

@85vett: inside FLYNN'S ARCADE there are both Tron arcade cabinet and the laser to reach Quorra/Clu world
DMD image show the building and not the cabinet, also the insert say FLYNN'S ARCADE, not TRON ARCADE
IMO Stern used a TRON cabinet because it's low cost and simple to produce.

There's nothing wrong having different points of view, neved seen a tron pinball machine before buy one some days ago.
I don't feel bound to replicate every mod that has already been seen from 2011

#9494 3 years ago

Daft Punk on the right ramp is a nice touch.

#9495 3 years ago

Here some pictures.
Meanwhile added some toys with led on the playfield and made custom scorecards... still work in progress...
Next update will be EL ramp kit and light cycles
thanks[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I really like what you’ve done with the presentation of the Tron arcade machine. The flooring with the signage on the right side of the machine, with encom visible from the mirror blade! Very cool! Any chance you’ll make a few to sell? Already have the arcade, the floor and wall really set it off!!!

#9496 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

For game reference, that is why I believe they put the arcade there as the scoop references the hidden pathway to those activities.

Mind blown. Played this game 100’s of times and never thought of that before. Guess I needed the arcade to move like the movie to hit me over the head with it.

#9497 3 years ago

Has anyone ever installed a pinwoofer into tron and was it hard ? Also how do u get that daft punk multiball I literally have never seen it ! I keep hitting that
Left ramp but nothing happens

#9498 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Has anyone ever installed a pinwoofer into tron and was it hard ? Also how do u get that daft punk multiball I literally have never seen it ! I keep hitting that. Left ramp but nothing happens

Never hear of this daft punk multi ball left ramp will definitely not get you there as far as I know.
I installed pinwoofer speaker and amp kit in my tron. Love it just make sure you take the sub grill out and install the anti-rattle tape. I found it a little hard, but On a Sunday I had a few dumb questions to ask he was there ASAP and help me all the way through it. Then a few days after contact me and made sure I was happy and all was good. Amazing to deal with stands behind his product as he should the full package deal is awesome. Did my met a few weeks after.

#9499 3 years ago

I'd like one of the Daft Punk stickers, is that possible?

#9500 3 years ago
Quoted from Twilight1:

Never hear of this daft punk multi ball left ramp will definitely not get you there as far as I know.
I installed pinwoofer speaker and amp kit in my tron. Love it just make sure you take the sub grill out and install the anti-rattle tape. I found it a little hard, but On a Sunday I had a few dumb questions to ask he was there ASAP and help me all the way through it. Then a few days after contact me and made sure I was happy and all was good. Amazing to deal with stands behind his product as he should the full package deal is awesome. Did my met a few weeks after.

Its LE only. You need to spell daft punk TWICE by default I believe. left ramp + right ramp. 16 shots.

First time its lit you are awarded extra ball at the scoop. Second time you'll get the multiball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Beach, CA
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

There are 11,635 posts in this topic. You are on page 190 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/190?hl=shadrac and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.