IMG_9848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3022 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3026 (resized).png
IMG_3018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
TRON_SpinDisc Mounted (resized).jpg
IMG_5680 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1247 (resized).jpeg
There are 11,635 posts in this topic. You are on page 189 of 233.
#9401 4 years ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

Only mod i need is the lighted tron cycles. Is there someone that mods existing ones?

It's super easy to do if you can even half way solder. If you were local I'd just do it for you.

#9402 4 years ago

Anyone use an LE ramp on a PRO? As these damn ramps as really hard to find. I found an LE left ramp that I'm going to use on my pro. I know it has cut outside for the light wire. I can live with that.

#9403 4 years ago
Quoted from insx:

Getting to Portal is why I sold my Tron.

You are still in the Tron thread tho?? #regret

#9404 4 years ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

Anyone use an LE ramp on a PRO? As these damn ramps as re hard to find. I found an LE left ramp that I'm going to use on my my pro. I know it has cut outside for the light wire. I can live with that.

And then you can add the ramp lights as well, win win

#9405 4 years ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

Only mod i need is the lighted tron cycles. Is there someone that mods existing ones?

Check this site out.
https://www.kimballspinballs.com/tron-legacy/

#9406 4 years ago

I have a ramp lighting kit coming from Professor Pinball so I am looking forward to getting those on

#9407 4 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

What's your favorite remix for Tron? Retro_p, nosro, or dubstep?
Explain why
Thanks !

Movie Faithful (which I think is "nosro"). It's pretty polished and dubstep wasn't to my taste. I still tweaked it a bit as I preferred the original Quora track and there was another that I swapped out.

#9408 4 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

But did you complete all the modes first and have double scoring lit before you entered?

Nope, does that make hitting all the shots a bunch of times more exciting?

#9409 4 years ago
Quoted from ZEN:

You are still in the Tron thread tho?? #regret

No regrets. I loved the game for a few months but ours is a one pin household so it was time to move on. I have a little bit of experience modding and fixing the machine so I might just be able to help someone out.

#9410 4 years ago

As awesome as TRON is it’s not a game for a 1 pin collection. In a collection made up of a handful of games TRON is a keeper for sure.

I believe I have the only TRON LE numbered below #50 in Europe with a signed playfield from factory, which I brought knowing I’d never sell it.

#9411 4 years ago
Quoted from AJB4:

Anybody know where I can get an Eli's Ramp lighting kit?

yeah.... ^^^^ What he said. Anyone?

#9412 4 years ago

Just a heads up they have released more of the Tron mini arcade cabinet 3.1 mods. I’ve been on a waiting list for sometime.
http://www.usbjig.com/tronminicab.html

#9413 4 years ago
Quoted from insx:

Nope, does that make hitting all the shots a bunch of times more exciting?

Instant 50 million if you go straight to portal before SOS vs instant 100 million if you have double scoring running when you hit the scoop for portal.

Also yes the wizard mode sucks. Like they just threw it on with no thought at all. If they VE the game, maybe they'll update the wizard mode? Not likely though....but one can dream.

#9414 4 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I’m currently trying to put together another batch of ten Tron TLS kits. They may be the last I ever make.
My website’s SSL certificate has expired and I couldn’t frankly be bothered paying it again, so the website may be on its last legs.
When I get the kits together I’ll just sell them here. I have a bunch of enquiries already but there’s room for some more interest.

Hello,
Please put me on the list.
Thanks.
Ed

#9415 4 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Instant 50 million if you go straight to portal before SOS vs instant 100 million if you have double scoring running when you hit the scoop for portal.
Also yes the wizard mode sucks. Like they just threw it on with no thought at all. If they VE the game, maybe they'll update the wizard mode? Not likely though....but one can dream.

Agree. It's the way you get to Portal that counts.

Getting 50 or 100 million bonus on this kind of game is a massive rush.

Portal itself looks underwhelming.

#9416 4 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I’m currently trying to put together another batch of ten Tron TLS kits. They may be the last I ever make.
My website’s SSL certificate has expired and I couldn’t frankly be bothered paying it again, so the website may be on its last legs.
When I get the kits together I’ll just sell them here. I have a bunch of enquiries already but there’s room for some more interest.

Tried to get in contact about a TLS kit a while back.
Can I be added to the list as well if it's still possible please?

Thank You,
Nick

#9417 4 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Please add me as well.

#9418 4 years ago

What’s better than Tron LE?

2 Tron LE’s

Took this photo at a friends house

E8DAF3EB-4EF9-4B01-8211-0CB0A71927E8 (resized).jpegE8DAF3EB-4EF9-4B01-8211-0CB0A71927E8 (resized).jpeg
#9419 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

2 Tron LE’s
Took this photo at a friends house[quoted image]

wow! looks like they also really love ... swatch watches?

#9420 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

2 Tron LE’s

If he’s transporting one or selling one, I get it. But two keepers? Uhm, why??

#9421 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

2 Tron LE’s

Beautiful!!!

#9422 4 years ago

What's the difference if any between the two?
I noticed that the one on the right has the Start button in the lower location.
Does that mean one is possibly set up for Tournament play and the other on Normal?

#9423 4 years ago
Quoted from N-Squared:

Does that mean one is possibly set up for Tournament play and the other on Normal?

The plunger--sometimes you feel like plunging the original, sometimes you wanna plunge with an after-market item. I do the same thing on my Lebowski's.

#9424 4 years ago
Quoted from koops:

wow! looks like they also really love ... swatch watches?

Yes, probably the most awesome swatch collection, he has 3 wall clocks and a lit commercial sign

Quoted from underlord:

If he’s transporting one or selling one, I get it. But two keepers? Uhm, why??

One of them belongs to my buddies friend, he’s shopping it out for him.

Quoted from N-Squared:

We were trying to figure out the extra button, at first I thought it was volume, but maybe it was the tourney button

The one on the right has the chrome apron, other than that, mostly the same; different Flynn sign mods, different LEDs

#9425 4 years ago

Will get a small re-run of stainless steel speaker panels

looking amazing if you use el-paper for the cut-outs

145$ shipped to USA in at a wood plate

if you are interested, send me a pm

5e3da1a214c1a2bb39193a02616844366bc663d0 (resized).jpg5e3da1a214c1a2bb39193a02616844366bc663d0 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#9426 4 years ago

i have 1 stainless steel dmd cover in stock

$ 125,- shipped !!!

IMG_1771 (resized).jpegIMG_1771 (resized).jpegIMG_1772 (resized).jpegIMG_1772 (resized).jpeg
#9427 4 years ago

still here

no shipping to Canada at the moment possible
USA & EU no problem

#9428 4 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

Will get a small re-run of stainless steel speaker panels
looking amazing if you use el-paper for the cut-outs
145$ shipped to USA in at a wood plate
if you are interested, send me a pm[quoted image]

I am curious.. where did you put the power boxes that run your EL paper and run the wires?

#9429 4 years ago

hi
you can geat EL paper at ebay

ebay.com link: A4 EL Panel Electroluminescent Cuttable Light Paper Neon Sheet Actuator 12V

just drill a hole into the wood plate where the cables came out of this el paper they are runing at 12VDC

the Tron is sold out now, but it is possible to preorder

#9430 4 years ago

Hi guys, you can find here my custom code for Tron Pro (LE soon). Hope you'll like it!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-code-for-iron-man-tron-and-twd#post-5566813

#9431 4 years ago

If Tron is revisited by Lyman what is needed?

Portal needs to be more dynamic, higher scoring etc but can't think of much else??

#9432 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Portal needs to be more dynamic, higher scoring etc but can't think of much else??

Fix the missing 3 TRON call-outs on the Pro model. Double scoring, etc.

#9433 4 years ago

What are the dots/lighting effects like for SOS and Portal in the latest code?

Last time I saw those modes I don’t think they had dots just text.

I’d like more emphasis on combos in Tron specially end of line combo having more fanfare.

#9434 4 years ago

I've love some kind of loopin' supers style thing on the left ramp. Also, higher scoring on a 3 or 4 way combo, come on that's hard!!

#9435 4 years ago
Quoted from RandomTask:

I've love some kind of loopin' supers style thing on the left ramp. Also, higher scoring on a 3 or 4 way combo, come on that's hard!!

Consummate any set of combos with an End of the Line jackpot and you will be rewarded

My only like to have with Tron would be a better wizard mode. Portal is beyond lame for how good this game is outside of that.

#9436 4 years ago

making the best of self-quarantine!

IMG_20200403_192010847[1] (resized).jpgIMG_20200403_192010847[1] (resized).jpg
#9437 4 years ago

will get a new one next week

5e3da1a214c1a2bb39193a02616844366bc663d0 (resized).jpg5e3da1a214c1a2bb39193a02616844366bc663d0 (resized).jpg
#9438 4 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

But did you complete all the modes first and have double scoring lit before you entered?

Now i’ve done portal a second time: this time with all modes complete in advance. How do I get double scoring going?

#9439 4 years ago
Quoted from Jazzbouche:

Now i’ve done portal a second time: this time with all modes complete in advance. How do I get double scoring going?

Spell TRON, look at the playfield inserts, you can't miss it. Read rules for all the intracasies of it. How to change which mode is lit...etc.

https://www.pinballnews.com/games/tron/index6b.html

082 (resized).jpg082 (resized).jpg
#9440 4 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Spell TRON, look at the playfield inserts, you can't miss it. Read rules for all the intracasies of it. How to change which mode is lit...etc.
https://www.pinballnews.com/games/tron/index6b.html[quoted image]

Awesome, thanks.

#9441 4 years ago

Are you close to Stern, or is this a personal wish list? Don’t get me wrong, I’d love a new update, although I would lose my custom audio which is miles better than the original!

I’ve reported the lack of TRON call-outs on the Pro several times over the years without response.

#9442 4 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Are you close to Stern, or is this a personal wish list? Don’t get me wrong, I’d love a new update, although I would lose my custom audio which is miles better than the original!
I’ve reported the lack of TRON call-outs on the Pro several times over the years without response.

Not close at all!

There have been mutterings over the years that Tron would get one more update but I have absolutely no idea if it will happen.

2 weeks later
#9443 3 years ago

Is there a way to light special? I’ve owned this game 2 years, and we love it. It’s brutal yet simple. But I am pretty sure I’ve never seen special lit. Anyone?

#9444 3 years ago

i have 1 stainless steel dmd cover in stock
$ 125,- shipped !!!

3b8a49cb5f9b5d2f21251c4e9cc7142cd928ed23.jpeg (resized).jpg3b8a49cb5f9b5d2f21251c4e9cc7142cd928ed23.jpeg (resized).jpg
#9445 3 years ago

Small "bug" fix.

A better way to detect late balls entering the spinning disc area AFTER the recognizer target bank starts going back up.
I've mishit a ball up there quite a few times. I am sure it would have gone thru the top opto. Triggering that opto should cycling the target bank/small spin of the disk to check for a ball.

At the moment you just have to wait out the ball search for it to cycle the target.

#9446 3 years ago

Hi all guys, my Tron Legacy PRO just arrived, finally im in the Club!
Cause an old firmware was installed i update it with the modded fw found on pinside named TRN_M70.BIN but after listening the pre-disk multiball music i decided to go back to the last stock FW. There are onther modded firwmare with better music around i can try?
Where i can find the eli's ramp fiber optic mod today?
Also reading on internet i bought the 2 light cycle from Hallmark: what i need to do to connect them to the pinball lights?
I suck playing this game: its really hard for me, ball always go on outlane drain damn.
Any suggestion?
thanks

tron11 (resized).jpgtron11 (resized).jpg
#9447 3 years ago
Quoted from ragefactory:

Cause an old firmware was installed i update it with the modded fw found on pinside named TRN_M70.BIN but after listening the pre-disk multiball music i decided to go back to the last stock FW. There are onther modded firwmare with better music around i can try?
Also reading on internet i bought the 2 light cycle from Hallmark: what i need to do to connect them to the pinball lights?
I suck playing this game: its really hard for me, ball always go on outlane drain damn.
Any suggestion?
thanks[quoted image]

Learn to forward nudge - makes a huge difference.

#9448 3 years ago

Tech question:

1 out of every 10 or so scoop shots doesn't award.

In these instances the ball goes in the scoop, then it's popped out again a few seconds later, so the games knows it's in the scoop.

However, I don't get my reward (skill shot, multiball start, SOS start, etc.).

The next shot always (I think) provides the award as expected.

Ideas? Switch adjustment?

Thanks
Jason

#9449 3 years ago
Quoted from ragefactory:

Any suggestion?
thanks[quoted image]

I just got this game myself and am (pleasantly) surprised at how brutal it can be. My outlanes are currently wide open and it’s comical how hungry they are. This game’s geometry seems to put a lot of backspin on the ball towards the outlanes and the spinning disc just adds to it 10x. I’d like more Daft Punk too so I’d love some different code myself.

#9450 3 years ago

I made a thing. Baby tron pinball with an arduino inside and plays music with controls on the front of the cab. The backbox folds and when it’s in the down position it turns itself off

465D4928-4106-44C4-ADBD-53AF19B3E4AA (resized).jpeg465D4928-4106-44C4-ADBD-53AF19B3E4AA (resized).jpegF878C4BE-2C83-4F8F-AAC6-129A14623E57 (resized).jpegF878C4BE-2C83-4F8F-AAC6-129A14623E57 (resized).jpegE3452FC4-061A-44F3-958E-3E8B0BAA75F9 (resized).jpegE3452FC4-061A-44F3-958E-3E8B0BAA75F9 (resized).jpegB7671F2D-9084-4314-98AE-2099CA1A6C56 (resized).jpegB7671F2D-9084-4314-98AE-2099CA1A6C56 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Beach, CA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

There are 11,635 posts in this topic. You are on page 189 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-tron-lovefest-thread-i-love-it-more-than-lamp/page/189?hl=durzel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.